Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #1831
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisarenee
Stats: 207.3 GEEEZ
WOE: Stillmans QWL
Start Date: Restarted 9-22-10
Well Al- Thanks for the visual of the chocolate sundae!

I have slept most of the day and I ended up eating toast, then later a grilled cheese sandwich and chicken noodle soup. So far so good all is staying down!

I have only had 33 oz of water with my CL. I am hoping to get back to LC tomorrow and feel better!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2010, 04:58 PM   #1832
Senior LCF Member

vitamins and blood work

Unless you plan on no longer taking vitamins, you should keep taking them normally so your labs results show where your levels are running on an average day.

I think not taking your vitamins could show a deficiency that is really not there. Your Doctor might end up treating you for the deficiency and you really aren't deficient when you take your regular vitamins.

IE: If I was to stop taking my daily ferrous sulfate (iron) and had blood work done it would come back with low iron levels. My Doctor would then treat me for anemia. I am not usually as anemic because I take my daily iron and other vitamins.

Plus if the Doctor is worried about the vitamins they will most likely tell you not to take them 72 hrs before blood work.

Hope that helped!
Good luck!
Old 01-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #1833
Senior LCF Member

Thyroid Tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Bringing this question back to the forefront....I think its really important but I dont have the answers. Can anyone help IM2 with this? Lisa probably could with her background, if shes up to it. and Kathy, aren't you a nurse too?

Can they run vitamin checks or something?
You can have them check your thyroid, but you can check it too. Go to the mirror and tilt your head back. Place your pinky finger in the soft area between your collarbones. Then place the other three fingers above. Right above that area is the general location of your thyroid. Now keeping in mind that the thyroid cartilage aka as the Adams apple is not the thyroid. Look at the area and see if you notice any lumps or anything out of the ordinary. Now take a sip of water and slowly swallow. Look for bulging, lumps or swelling. If you see anything out of the ordinary you might have a thyroid condition.

The most common thyroid condition is hypothyroidism in women. Some of the symptoms can be fatigue, weakness, weight gain or difficult time losing weight, dry pale skin, muscle cramps, memory loss, hair loss and the list goes on and on.

Blood tests can diagnose thyroid disorders. The more advanced tests measures thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) it's secreted by the pituitary gland. When the thyroid is underactive, TSH levels will be high. Low TSH levels signal an overactive thyroid.

A proper thyroid test measures both TSH and the principal thyroid hormone, thyroxine. There are also blood tests for the antibodies found in Hashimoto's and Graves' diseases.

Hashimoto's is basically hypothyroidism and Graves is Hyperthyroidism

You may want to ask for the more advanced testing if you think you may have an underlying thyroid disorder.

Hope this helped!
Old 01-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #1834
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustLoveDogs08 View Post
Hmmmm...I may know that lot...I hate to admit it, but I am an alum of that big Michigan college....(and NOT the green one)

OK so we are supposed to be rivals. .I happen to be green (((with envy!!!))) . .I have a divided family, here..1/2 blue, 1/2 green

Last edited by IM2fat; 01-28-2010 at 08:19 PM..
Old 01-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #1835
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lisa! Wow .. all that and you are sick, too! I hope you are resting now.. I've decided to get my blood draw on Monday morning. .(I have to run my boy to school early and they have a lab right next door. .).. That makes perfect sense . the vitamin thing, I mean! I was going to skip taking them but I think I'll take them as normal (I load up at night after supper.. )
Old 01-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #1836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. So I went to the wellness center tonight and my trainer guy was some tiny scrawny looking kid straight out of high school.. he still had pimples and everything. . I loved him! so much better than some steroid looking dude or some cute perky blonde (No offense to you skinny minnies who may or may not be blonde!). . I sport blonde every now and again! Anyway.. I remembered why I used to go to the gym.. The freestyle machines rock! I think I found my new love! and, yes! He did want to weigh and measure me. . I got him to agree to wait until next week (which I am sure he will forget about . if not, I'll just ignore him or pretend I don't know him. ) I'm now looking forward (what the heck is wrong with me) to trying the circuit motion class which alternates machines with cardio. . !! I even did the eliptical after my workout (remember, I have an eliptical sitting right in my living room which I've used exactly once!!).. Makes a whole lotta sense, doesn't it? O well.. It is a great escape except that I missed my babies bed-time tonight
Old 01-29-2010, 03:24 AM   #1837
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Lisa! Great info!!! That does make total sense about the vitamins. Glad you're feeling a little better.

I think Im going to go get blood work done too. I take my vitamins as much as IM2 uses her livingroom elliptical. I'd be curious to see if I really need them. Even bought a fancy weekly vitamin holder that is still full in my purse from last week. I'll let you guys know what happens.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:26 AM   #1838
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2 - you've just been crowned our new workout queen. Step up the game ladies and the crown could be yours.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:48 AM   #1839
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
or some cute perky blonde that I will want to squash with my big ole clod hoppin feet!!!
You are too funny Im2! Good luck with the tests today

Kathy--you poor thing! Go def have some wine--after that news you deserve it!

Nermo-congrats on the loss, you are rocking it girl!
Old 01-29-2010, 03:50 AM   #1840
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Well Al- Thanks for the visual of the chocolate sundae!
I missed that one!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 03:54 AM   #1841
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Even bought a fancy weekly vitamin holder that is still full in my purse from last week.
You're like the one from Confessions of a Shopoholic!!!!
like something I would do too--then never actually take the vitamins!!!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 05:48 AM   #1842
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
You're like the one from Confessions of a Shopoholic!!!!
like something I would do too--then never actually take the vitamins!!!!!
I dont spend any money on clothes though....wearing my personal hand-me-downs right now. Straight from Aleriaaa's Basement!
Old 01-29-2010, 05:52 AM   #1843
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al! TAKE YOUR VITAMINS!

I'm serious.. Take it from a much older loser.. You need at least a multi vitamin.. . Calcium wouldn't hurt you either. . You don't want to be old and crooked, do you? I am telling you, my family did not have the flu shot this year but we've all been taking vitamins and so far. . not even a cold. Now that I say that, I am sure someone will get sick. . but even when they haven't felt the best. . they've bounced back... . Besides. .what can it hurt? I was thinking about all the people at the gym yesterday and that is the only thing I worry about. . Germs. .germs.. germs. .but I suppose you can get them anywhere. . Just lost of sweating and touching going on.. (OOOooo la la. . )
Old 01-29-2010, 05:53 AM   #1844
Blabbermouth!!!

and might I add the clothes were way better quality from 10 years ago... one problem I may find is pictures. Looking through a scrapbook of old times and today, they'll say that girl hasnt CHANGED a bit! Literally!

Maybe I should start shopping....
Old 01-29-2010, 05:55 AM   #1845
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
IM2 - you've just been crowned our new workout queen. Step up the game ladies and the crown could be yours.
Not yet. . lets see if I actually stick to it. . remember, it took me almost 2 months to even enter the building. .
Old 01-29-2010, 06:00 AM   #1846
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Al! TAKE YOUR VITAMINS!
ok! ok! But I still want to know if Im deficient first.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:01 AM   #1847
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Not yet. . lets see if I actually stick to it. . remember, it took me almost 2 months to even enter the building. .
If you wanna keep your crown, you'll go! Whats your plan, 2-3 times a week?
Old 01-29-2010, 06:03 AM   #1848
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
ok! ok! But I still want to know if Im deficient first.
yes. .you should definately go and get checked.. Wasn't that our deal? It's your turn, lady! Eating pure protein. .you are deficient in something. Doesn't Stillmans tell you to take your multi every day?
Old 01-29-2010, 06:07 AM   #1849
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
If you wanna keep your crown, you'll go! Whats your plan, 2-3 times a week?
Don't have a real plan but I have been walking almost every weekday.. I'm thinking I'll take 1 paid class a week to see if I really like anything. . I did Zumba and I did Tri-Cardio.. I Poo Poo'd Kick-boxing.. didn't want to die or anything. . .I'm going to try circuit training next week (I think). .My real goal is to start getting out by 5:00 am and doing it in the morning. Hubby was talking last night about going on his lunch hour (I hate that - because it will make me want to "keep up".. I'm a little competitive.. can't have him looking more buff than me. . )..
Old 01-29-2010, 06:09 AM   #1850
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
I second the importance of vitamins!!!

I take a handful of stuff every day and I am out right now of some of the most important ones!!!

3 Biotin
1 pkt of B-12 (super charged)
Magnesium
Acai Berry - for immunization not wt. loss - STillmans does that for me
Golden Seal - When I am feeling sickly

I am out of Vitamin D - which they say is sooo important for healthy immune system and my calcium - gotta get to the store.

I should also be taking iron but I am out of it!

I believe we really need to push the vitamins!!!

(Yet I hang my head in shame cause I HATE exercise!!)
Old 01-29-2010, 06:10 AM   #1851
Major LCF Poster!

IM2 - I used to have an exercise partner here in town - she moved - and we would meet at the gym every morning at 5:30 - as of August I have done ZILCH! To think I even have a treadmill in my garage!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:11 AM   #1852
Major LCF Poster!

IM2 - I too have clothes from 10 years ago +!!!

As a matter of fact I pulled a skirt out that my husband bought me from Mother's Day after my 13 year old was born. I said - look - I can still wear this!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:15 AM   #1853
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

gotta love old clothes. . Don't they make you feel so accomplished? I pulled out a suit the other day that had shoulder pads bigger than the state of Texas! I used to wear it too!! Hehehe. . I yanked the pads out and wore it anyway. I pulled out two more blouses this morning (they used to be my "skinnier" tops). and when I put them on. I realized they made me look more fat than thin.. They were too big!!!

Did I mention, I still hate all scales. I was exactly the same this morning!! (and don't tell me all about muscle weighing more than fat, etc.. etc.. I know and I realize it will pay off in the long run but I've been soo good all week. . At least it didn't say the 7 pounds the Dr. registered. . ) OK here's to a wonderful Friday. I have to get to work, now!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:27 AM   #1854
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK.. I have one in me. .It is Friday after all! Hurray for Friday. .

It is never too late
To stop being overweight!

Feeling portly or stout?
Come on peeps, check us out!

We can help with the flab
We laugh and we blab

Feeling Fat, Feeling Large?
Let us know. you can take charge

Join today.. talk away
We love new losers. . It makes our day!!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:36 AM   #1855
Senior LCF Member

Gym and Germs

Okay, to be honest with you there are less germs in a gym even with all the sweating going on than in a movie theater where we share communal tubs/bags of popcorn! EWWWW!! Love popcorn, but the thought of other peoples hands in my food grosses me out especially since they munch out of their own hand and get saliva on their fingers, palms, etc and dip back in the bag! Isn't that almost the same as double dipping a chip into a dip?? I don't know maybe its just my own weird phobia, but prob a good one to have

Honestly if you are worried about germs at the gym bring some clorox wipes with you. Just tuck 5 or 6 into a ziplock baggie and wear something with a pocket to hold em. Use before each new piece of equipment and after too! Make sure to clean the seat of every machine.. I hate seeing but sweat marks You can use the same one over and over until it's dry.

I am not feeling any better and it looks like I will lose another days pay and another days weight loss! I really cannot afford to lose either, but I have to get better!

My boyfriend bought me some saltine crackers and diet 7up so I am going to just use them to keep my tummy from getting queasy. I will try not to munch on the crackers for pleasure, but I'm not going to guarantee anything though!

Al!!! You need to use your fancy pill dispenser and get on a good multivitamin! I prefer prenatal vitamins. I use them because they contain higher amounts of folic acid, iron, calcium, vitamin B, etc. I also take an extra vitamin c and b complex. Both are water solubale so if you take too much it will not harm you and will flush out of your body through urine.

Well ladies I am so tired and all I have done since yesterday is sleep!
I will pop in again when I get up! Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:06 AM   #1856
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

It is never too late

Feeling portly or stout?

We laugh and we blab

Join today.. talk away

Im2 ---you are too clever---you really make me smile!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:10 AM   #1857
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
. one problem I may find is pictures. Looking through a scrapbook of old times and today, they'll say that girl hasnt CHANGED a bit! Literally!
Too funny!!!
I loooove shopping!! clothes , make-up, house things---you name it I love it!! And mags to see what's in and what I can buy!!!..... I need help!!!
P.s. bought hardly any clothes when I was bigger(i love how people always say that) It was just too depressing---so I'm making up fr it now! Hee!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:12 AM   #1858
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm with Al! I've taken no vitamins at all since I started this! Bold me!!
Old 01-29-2010, 08:54 AM   #1859
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
I'm with Al! I've taken no vitamins at all since I started this! Bold me!!
GT- Shame on you! Honestly, even if you were not on a LC way of eating you should take vitamins! But, we love you anyway!
Old 01-29-2010, 08:55 AM   #1860
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

It is never too late

Feeling portly or stout?

We laugh and we blab

Join today.. talk away
IM you are such the poet! I envy you! Have a great day!
Closed Thread