Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 02:18 AM   #1711
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: laparker
Hi all- Lori i did ok yesterday until i went to bed. I got those nasty hunger thoughts and caved. I know the problem i didn't eat enough during the day. I need to be strong and firm and do this right. Eat enough so i don't get ravenous and cave into carbs-I love all the info in this thread! So today is day 1 and i will do this right today. I will visit here often and read and post to keep my spirits in the right direction! Thanks all for all the encouraging info and thoughts. I need to remember it only takes 3-4 days for ketosis to kick in and the low appetite along with it- it is worth it!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2010, 03:03 AM   #1712
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi guys! 2 and a half pages I had to read--only since last night! Wow! Ok feeling better today. I did have a slice of toast last night--I know, but I couldn'face anything else! In my defense it was wholemeal! (has 10grms of carbs a slice) And I wanted to make sure it would stay down! And I had a slice this morning too---but as of this afternoon I am back on plan!
Brilliant posts Im2--thanks for the info! I've had those ketosis symptoms-especially the dizziness and I can't fall asleep fpr hours!
I can't believe you have a jar of sweets on your desk--talk about temptation. I dunno how you resist--I couldn't!
Old 01-27-2010, 03:51 AM   #1713
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MustLoveDogs08
Stats: 162/149/130
WOE: Atkins/Stillmans
Start Date: On and off since 2000. Restart 01/01/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by laparker View Post
Hi all- I am so happy i have found this forum- i love to read about how everyone is doing. I had some canadian bacon w/melted farmers cheese for dinner just a while ago and it filled me up. The water has helped too! Evenings are the worst time for me- i eat when i am bored! But now i can come on here and post and read and get some support and encouragement. Day 1 almost over! Feeling tired and will read for a while and hit the bed. I feel so much better about myself when i accomplished my goal for the day!! I stayed on plan- yahoo!! Lori
YAY Lori....
Old 01-27-2010, 04:31 AM   #1714
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RENEWED
Stats: 190/150/140
Didn't get the cottage cheese last night. Thank God! This night time eating habit just started and I'm about to break it! I like waking up with my stomach empty.... and flat!!

I hate how many times I wake up to go to the bathroom at night! Yes, I drink a LOT of water, but getting up 3-4 times a night is just awful... and each time the bladder is FULL!

ok.

Day 1 - 152.6
Day 2 - 150.0

Gym: 430 a.m.

30 minute cardio
Jogged 20 minutes
Walked at 10% incline (no hands) 10 minutes

High Step ups
Squats
Leg Curl
Leg Extension
Seated Calf Machine

Guess I will figure out what Meal 1 will be.
got chicken, egg "bread", and cottage cheese.... I'll make it happen!

**Going to try to get in the gym tonight for a 2nd cardio workout. Burn baby, burn!

Everyone have a great day! Back in the 140's tomorrow! Yaay!

Last edited by RENEWED; 01-27-2010 at 04:35 AM..
Old 01-27-2010, 04:49 AM   #1715
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
WOE: QWL
Start Date: 11/21/09
Good morning! I'm dropping in for a moment to reassure everyone that I am doing very well! I have lost more weight and I had to put several holes in my belt to keep my pants up. I don't know what my weight is right now since I don't have access to the scales. My 42 pants fits me fantastic and loose, so I am hoping by the time I go back home on Monday (Feb 1) I should be able to fit in my 40s!!!!!!

I will give more detailed report when I come home. I can see that I have many pages to catch up on!

-Dustin
Old 01-27-2010, 05:19 AM   #1716
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3ish 160/147.2/110
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart March 14 2011
Still no appetite only had 3 eggs yesterday, I had such a busy night

and with that said, I am down another 4 pounds this morning, which based on the fact I was in the bathroom more than any other room in the house I know most of it is water. But who cares, it is nice to see the scale plummet! Now to get back to the 120's....here they come.

The two big things I have changed is getting rid of the Crystal Light in my water and trying this Jillian Michaels Detox... all it does it make me go pee more, as if that was a problem

CONFESSION: I still use cream in my coffee only two a day and I just can't help myself ZERO COFFEE = ZERO CREAM...need to get there.

I can be very crabby when I am eating very low carb but typically I overcome the urge to rip someone's head off eventually.

Try eating turkey if you are feeling starving at night, it might make you sleepy or try a cup of Sleepytime team or chew on some crushed ice.

Have a great day everyone!

151 .8 150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 Goal 110
Old 01-27-2010, 05:20 AM   #1717
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlyons View Post
Good morning! I'm dropping in for a moment to reassure everyone that I am doing very well! I have lost more weight and I had to put several holes in my belt to keep my pants up. I don't know what my weight is right now since I don't have access to the scales. My 42 pants fits me fantastic and loose, so I am hoping by the time I go back home on Monday (Feb 1) I should be able to fit in my 40s!!!!!!

I will give more detailed report when I come home. I can see that I have many pages to catch up on!

-Dustin
Our resident man is back!!!! and his belt doesnt fit!! FANTASTIC!!! Can you hear the excitement in my words???!!!!! YEAH DUSTIN!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:26 AM   #1718
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 162.4/146.2/140 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Hcg starting 12/31/13
Start Date: Long ago...
WOW!!!! I am with GT - 2 1/2 pages and I just checked on you guys yesterday afternoon!!!

BTW - I am 135 Baby!!!!! Finally!

Gotta change my stats - it is taking me a LOT longer to lose right now - probably cause I am so close to goal. But, I don't care - I am happy! My original goal was 135 I changed it to 130 for some wiggle room

Nermo - WOHOOO!!! You are losing like crazy!! I will tell you almost always right before I lose a couple of pounds the scale goes up. I think our bodies try to hold on and then give up

AL - I like your 4 days then 2 days suggestion. I have added a tiny bit of fat back in as you know but I do lose slower so it is defintitely not for those who are just starting!

DUSTIN - Welcome back LOSER! These ladies on here have clearly been missing you!!!

Feebs, Tea Lady - Where oh where are you????????

Renewed - Stick with it and I am with everyone else - water, water, and more water!!!

GT - I am so sorry you were feeling crummy!!! Maybe the toast shocked your system and you are gonna drop a ton!

Lisa - I am amazed at your fortitude! Keep it up - you have lost so much since January 4th!!!

IM2 - I am with AL - you have such a way with words!!1

Welcome to all you newbies You will love the results!!! I promise!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:27 AM   #1719
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarenee View Post
Al- wow you really did a great job with your journal! One question for ya. How much food were you eating? I swear some days I feel like I could devour a whole turkey and other days a can of tuna would do the trick for me.
When I started, I ate A LOT.. Now my appetite comes and goes. So, from the start I would eat like double portions...2 chicken breasts, 3-4 pork chops, so on. Eat until you are no longer hungry, or the thought of another bite makes you sick..This will keep you full longer. (I was never one to nibble 6 meals out a day) The beauty of this, to me is, I dont have to think about food all day long or wonder what my next meal is going to be all day long. When Im hungry I eat. When Im not hungry, I dont force it. Forget the clock and do what comes naturally. This is tough and takes a little time but the freedom from food is amazing. You are doing so well. keep it up girl!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:27 AM   #1720
Major LCF Poster!

WOW!!! CAT !!! congrats!!!! 4 LBS is awesome!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:29 AM   #1721
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post

The scientific and practical amount of carbohydrate needed in the diet is ZERO -- NONE. Carbohydrates are not a requirement for any body function. In fact it appears that the lower the carbohydrate level in the diet the better the long-term health. Age-related degenerative diseases are caused by high levels of carbohydrates in the diet. One can be on a very low or zero-carbohydrate diet indefinitely as has been shown by the study of many primitive societies . .

and this scientific lesson is being brought to you by the letter M for "meat"!
Thanks for posting this. Im not feeling like such the freak anymore...gonna memorize it for when my family members get on me..
Old 01-27-2010, 05:35 AM   #1722
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENEWED View Post
Finished Day 1. Whew! I had a little more fat then I should have. Put a squirt of mayo in my tuna to suppress my appetite and luckily it worked. Didn't get hungry anymore after that and that was at 4pm! So I'm feeling pretty good. It would be much easier with the veggies though. At least throw a girl some lettuce! Sheesh!
I cant remember how much weight you needed to lose..was it only 15? I think you'll still do great with the mayo, but try the tuna with mustard. Really good stuff. (Can I even call tuna good? (smacking forehead) There is also a 14 Day plan that includes veggies, which might be good for since you're our new workout queen.

If you guys get a chance, update your stats so we can see your progress and have a better idea when we respond. I just dont feel right shaking my finger at someone whos already skinny! But I will shake shake shake it at anyone caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Im so glad we have many new members. You guys are what keep the rest of us going!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:37 AM   #1723
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
hmmmmmm Al, this morning I am 255 So i dunno !
Anyway I am feeling absolutely fine, so I will try for the next couple of days eating at home and seeingwhat happens !

I u all !
Is 255 still up from the last few days or did it come back down? U 2!!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:41 AM   #1724
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laparker View Post
Hi all- Lori i did ok yesterday until i went to bed. I got those nasty hunger thoughts and caved. I know the problem i didn't eat enough during the day. I need to be strong and firm and do this right. Eat enough so i don't get ravenous and cave into carbs-I love all the info in this thread! So today is day 1 and i will do this right today. I will visit here often and read and post to keep my spirits in the right direction! Thanks all for all the encouraging info and thoughts. I need to remember it only takes 3-4 days for ketosis to kick in and the low appetite along with it- it is worth it!!!
Hi LA!! NOW THATS THE SPIRIT!!!! It doesnt matter how much meat you eat. You will still lose more than any other diet in the first few weeks!!! EAT MEAT til you are stuffed. Have containers of it cooked and ready to go at alll times. This is the first day of your road to thinness! The first few days are retched but then a whole new world opens up!!! You can do this!!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:45 AM   #1725
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getting there!!! View Post
Hi guys! 2 and a half pages I had to read--only since last night! Wow! Ok feeling better today. I did have a slice of toast last night--I know, but I couldn'face anything else! In my defense it was wholemeal! (has 10grms of carbs a slice) And I wanted to make sure it would stay down! And I had a slice this morning too---but as of this afternoon I am back on plan!
I am so glad you are feeling better. Even through the sickness, you kept your spirits up and we love you for it! Toast, shmoast..no biggie. We know your gonna work it off anyway, right?

Guess what I accomplished yesterday....

6 pushups
10 pushups, waited 60 sec, 10 more pushups (then bellyflopped to the floor)

Shooting for all 10s today!! Woohooo!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:46 AM   #1726
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENEWED View Post

I hate how many times I wake up to go to the bathroom at night! Yes, I drink a LOT of water, but getting up 3-4 times a night is just awful... and each time the bladder is FULL!!
I wont let my kids drink for an hour before bed. perhaps this will help??
Old 01-27-2010, 05:49 AM   #1727
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat430 View Post
Still no appetite only had 3 eggs yesterday, I had such a busy night

and with that said, I am down another 4 pounds this morning, which based on the fact I was in the bathroom more than any other room in the house I know most of it is water. But who cares, it is nice to see the scale plummet! Now to get back to the 120's....here they come.

The two big things I have changed is getting rid of the Crystal Light in my water and trying this Jillian Michaels Detox... all it does it make me go pee more, as if that was a problem

CONFESSION: I still use cream in my coffee only two a day and I just can't help myself ZERO COFFEE = ZERO CREAM...need to get there.

I can be very crabby when I am eating very low carb but typically I overcome the urge to rip someone's head off eventually.

Try eating turkey if you are feeling starving at night, it might make you sleepy or try a cup of Sleepytime team or chew on some crushed ice.

Have a great day everyone!
Congrats CAT! you are tearing up the Stillmans track!!! and offering some really great ideas! i dont think its water weight, but I tend to be the opposite of contrary belief. Your fat is totally evaporating!!! I cant be mad at the cream...if one of you told me to give up my CL, Id just laugh..
Old 01-27-2010, 05:53 AM   #1728
Blabbermouth!!!

And last, but certainly not least...My GIRL, MS.... Remarkable weight loss! and congrats on hitting goal!!! youve been a trooper and have seen the Stillmans way.....Im dropping my goal pound by pound and wigglin while I do it!

We all have so many footsteps to follow people! So lets pick up the pace!!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:55 AM   #1729
Blabbermouth!!!

oh...I had wine last night....nobody's perfect...darn grapes...
Old 01-27-2010, 06:12 AM   #1730
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/178/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: July 2009 ! Life changing April 9 2012
OMG. . You guys are certainly gabby today! I just posted last night and still had to go back 2 pages!

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone for the great big losses! WTG. .

I walked last night again. . and set up an appointment to meet the trainer at the Center on Thursday night for my official orientation (Hubby is tagging along, too). . . it has been so crowded lately that I don't know when I'll use it, but thought I'd get that excuse out of the way. I'm not much for a treadmill when I can walk for real.. but the bikes look enticing. (The stairmaster is enough to scare me away for a long time!) The bonus: Lots of beefcake lurking about!!

I'm thinking I have to step up my game. Hubby is talking about lifting weights, too. If he starts getting ripped, I'm gonna have to keep up with him - I don't wanna be left behind. .

Hey. .for you coffee drinkers. . I just discovered Ginger Bread coffee! It is awesome. . I like very few of the flavored coffees (I mainly stick to vanilla or reg). . I was a big cappacinno drinker and I used Creamers all the time. I admit, in the very beginning I still used the sugar free kind but I've cut all that out. . My only real bad habit is CL and flavored water. Do you think the flavored water is bad? (I still can't believe I'm contemplating water as a possible source of my stall!! Not likes it's potato chips or the C word or anything. .)

Good Luck Fellow losers: I'm going to start tracking on ****** today (my food) to see if I can find any gaps. .
Old 01-27-2010, 06:13 AM   #1731
Major LCF Poster!

AL - you are always the encourager!!! I am thinking at this point... a little wine can't possibly hurt you

CAT - I still use cream in my coffee - I know BAD girl!!! I use the sugar free/low fat kind. It has 15 calories per tbs and 0 carbs. I may have gotten to goal faster if I didn't use it but - I am a coffee girl Sorry to all of my QWL buddies

I am so impressed with all of you who get up at 4:30 a.m. to go to the gym!!!! WOW!!!

I am such a lazy butt anymore!!! I think I could count walking up and down the stairs as exercising right now
Old 01-27-2010, 06:14 AM   #1732
Major LCF Poster!

IM2 - where do you get gingerbread coffee? that sound YUMMY!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:19 AM   #1733
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: jan2010
Nope Al I am down- it was 256-257 then this orn 255. Anyway all I am eating now is chicken breasts mixed with my eggs- a little down on the eggs also - my neighbor just went to her parents farm and brought me some fresh chicken eggs so they r real small- but very YUMMY!! so instead of 3 large I am doing 3 small. In total I am eating about six eggs a day now and maybe 3-4 chicken breasts- Hope that's good!

Dustin- wb - but u should've dropped a line letting us know "good" or 'Bad' it went hehe but the curiousity will have to drive us crazy just a bit more
Old 01-27-2010, 06:32 AM   #1734
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2- thats great that hubby is going to see the trainer with you. I was always one that needed a buddy at the gym. Perhaps thats why I never pulled it off. all that equipment is so intimidating, so it'll be great to have someone show you what to do. Great plan of attack!!! (I have no idea about the flavored water, but Vitamin Water has sugar in it! Now why would they go and do a thing like that? Beats me)

I third the notion on Gingerbread Coffee. that sounds delish!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:33 AM   #1735
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah Dusty! How could you keep us in suspense???
Old 01-27-2010, 07:12 AM   #1736
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgirl View Post
AL - you are always the encourager!!! I am thinking at this point... a little wine can't possibly hurt you

CAT - I still use cream in my coffee - I know BAD girl!!! I use the sugar free/low fat kind. It has 15 calories per tbs and 0 carbs. I may have gotten to goal faster if I didn't use it but - I am a coffee girl Sorry to all of my QWL buddies
I agree with you, MS. .Nothing can stop Al!

I must know what kind of creamer you are using.. . .or is it unflavored? Let me know. .I would love to find some to use as a "treat"

Last edited by IM2fat; 01-27-2010 at 07:15 AM..
Old 01-27-2010, 07:17 AM   #1737
Major LCF Poster!

IM2 - It's made by Coffeemate - SF vanilla. It may actually have 1 carb per tbs. But, I think it's 0. I will check when I get home.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:27 AM   #1738
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I found my Gingerbread coffee at Marshalls.. .I actually gave it to one of my co-workers for Christmas and she just brought it in to share. . I am going to try the local coffee shop to see if they carry it. . they have every other flavor imaginable so I am sure I can get something close!! I used to like the snickerdoodle, too!

Yeah. .What gives, Dustin! Getting to sassy for us? We need details..
Old 01-27-2010, 07:29 AM   #1739
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, MS! I think I have purchased that in the past. just never really paid attention.. Mmmmm. .I'm drooling thinking about it.. I can go both ways.. Black or White. .makes no difference to me!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:35 AM   #1740
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Hi again Ladies!

Well, I am sorry for keeping you in suspense. I am not here in USA. I have to walk to the Interet Cafe to use their computers and check my E-mails. I have been doing a lot of walking. The date went very well. A little awkward. I will be having another one when I come back.

I will post more details later! I promise! My flight will arrive in Ohio on Feb 1st and then I have to pick up my dog from my Grandmother. I will be glad to sleep in my own bed!

-Dustin
Closed Thread