Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 05:25 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: azura
Stats: 252/234/160
WOE: Very Low Carb
Start Date: 16th November 2009
Ooops, had my first meal on Stillmans, only to realise I've messed up already. Had bacon (don't think that's allowed) and a splash of skimmed milk (instead of my usual cream) in my tea. Needing to get my head round this lower fat way of eating. Do you all just take your tea/coffee black with no Splenda?

So, am going to spend the rest of the day lurking around here and reading everything I can get my hands on about Stillmans. My next meal will be perfect .

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2010, 05:33 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Hi azura! bacon shmakin! Dont worry about it!

I was a big fan of extra cream and 3 s&lows in my coffee. After 3 days of one packet s&l and black, I never went back. I really have no idea why I havent cut out that last one...

May I suggest reading the stickys and especially, Stillmans by the Book, by Starzmom.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:46 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: azura
Stats: 252/234/160
WOE: Very Low Carb
Start Date: 16th November 2009
Thank you

Yeah, will definitely try to start loving black coffee. And I'm settled on the sofa for the day reading, reading and reading. Am finding it all really exciting.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:54 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: poopsie2223
Stats: 5'-8" - 209/197/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Since 1998 restarted 08/08/11
Good morning, all. While I haven't yet actually started eating "Stillman" I am busy prepping to begin. I will be picking up some groceries I need later today. I also ordered an out of print Stillman book, it is called "The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet Cookbook". Does anyone have that? I haven't seen mention of it. Anyway, hoping it will have some suggestions for when things start to get really boring. When it comes I will post some recipes here.

Anyway, busy wrapping my head around this new way of eating. Also debating the diet soda question. Part of me knows I should let it go, the other part of me keeps pleading not to, at least not yet. I think I will start off using diet sodas and see how it goes. If I am losing well while continuing them, fine, if not, I will dump them. Anyone know if there are brands or flavors of diet soda that aren't as bad as others for your health and for weight loss on low carb?
Old 01-02-2010, 07:01 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dlyons
Stats: 268/229
Start Date: 11/21/09
Good Morning Everyone!

Wow, 2nd day of the year and we are already on third page!

Poopsie, Diet Rite does not seem to affect my weight loss... I like that orange Diet Rite. Those drinks are made with Splenda, not NutraSweet. Do not count any other beverages toward your 64 ounces of water a day. So if you drank 2 cups of coffee and 5 cans of Diet Rite, you are still expected to drink at least 64 ounces of water.

I eventually cut out other drinks and only drink water and a cup or two of green tea without anything added to the tea.

-Dustin

Last edited by dlyons; 01-02-2010 at 07:04 AM..
Old 01-02-2010, 08:52 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleriaaa View Post
Yes Dustin!!! There are like 10 of them!! From 2003-2009. Awesome!

Dustin - there are 29!!!!!! 3 pages worth! Im siked!
Old 01-02-2010, 08:58 AM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi poopsie! Some of those recipes might be in the "Stillmans Recipes Thread". But please post any new ones! that would be great!

I still drink diet soda every once in a while as a treat. (Im more hooked on the Crystal Light) I do believe all artificial sugars should be avoided for good health, but unfortunately, that doesn't stop me....yet.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Nadal View Post
Aleriaa, Getting there - I have the actual pilates machine (you know with all the weights) and I have always used it even though I put on alot of weight.

It gives you this long look especially in the legs and thighs.

Its brilliant!
Oh too cool!! I saw one of those on the t.v. and wanted it!!!!!!! I need long lean legs!!! (and long lean everything else!)
Old 01-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Quote:
Morning peeps!!

I officially bring bad news...(for me)

My weigh in for today is 127. So, no loss for the week, and actually up 1 since wednesday. (when I hit the glorious 126) No biggie. Blame it on the bacon!

will weep as I update signature results...
Hey Al! Sorry about the scale--naaasty scale. Don't move your stats up tho--I so won't be doing that when I step on--will prob have gone up 20lbs!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

thanks GT and theres no way you gained 20 in a few days!!! are you back on track? I still have lots of cooked bacon in the fridge and I just cant let in go to waste. When its gone, Im going back to strict Stills cold turkey. Literally. and tuna too!
Old 01-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Dustin. I have just learned that you can get Leslie Sansone for free, on demand, at Comcast. (If thats your cable provider)
Old 01-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Wow! I can't believe how much I missed! We took a mini vacation in our town! Rented a room at a local hotel so the kids could swim and play. . I actually wore a swimming suit in public! Of course I waited until 10:00 pm when everyone else was in bed. .but I did it :-) LOL. . Their internet was down

AL: You've been busy. .exercising, receiping and welcoming everyone! Thanks for keeping us on the winning path. (I just got a Leslie Sansome DVD from Walmart for $9.00. .it has 3 different work-outs on it! - I used to follow her videos all the time and didn't mind them a bit. . .turn the volume down and wear an ipod. .

WTG, Dustin! I can't believe how much you've dropped already. . Awesome!

Welcome to all the new Stillman followers. This group is great for tricks, tips and inspiration. . you'll be impressed with all the success stories!

and. .yes.. I was taking it easy. . back home and back to work. Am cooking up a roast, some pork , soup for the kids and just baked cookies! had to get them out of the house before the week starts again. I'm hitting it hard on Monday. . seriously hard. . Kids are going to have a wake up call, too. . I have to cut back their sugar and junk food intake. .

dang oven just went off.. I'll check in later!
Old 01-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2!!!! Your trip sounds like fun!! So cool you're on the Leslie bandwagon! I wont get mine in until Tuesday but then we can track our miles!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. Said I bought the DVD. .never mentioned taking it out of the package, yet!! LOL. . Perhaps if I stare at it long enough, something will click! I know.. stop with the excuses already!

Speaking of exercise: Has anyone tried the Shape-up Shoes or the Exerwalks? (There are many different kinds)> . .you know, the tennis shoes that are supposed to burn more calories with every step. They look interesting but I'm afraid that they will only make me tired, especially if I wear them to run errands? Just curious. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 01-02-2010 at 04:07 PM..
Old 01-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OK. Said I bought the DVD. .never mentioned taking it out of the package, yet!! LOL. . Perhaps if I stare at it long enough, something will click! I know.. stop with the excuses already!

Speaking of exercise: Has anyone tried the Shape-up Shoes or the Exerwalks? (There are many different kinds)> . .you know, the tennis shoes that are supposed to burn more calories with every step. They look interesting but I'm afraid that they will only make me tired, especially if I wear them to run errands? Just curious. .
OMG! are we on the same page or what?!!? I was just pricing out the sketcher shoes yesterday but they are aroung $100. Reebok makes them too. There were some styles that werent sneakers but Im not sure I could get away with them at work. I really want them though.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

To get us moving for 2010 here are some handy tips from my WW archives:

Make mini goals
Use an Ipod when you exercise
Fidgit - it really does burn calories and every little bit counts
Try on Skinny jeans every week to gauge your progress, no matter what the scale says
If you get the munchies, paint your fingernails..a little difficult to eat with wet polish. (Probably not a good idea for you, Dustin!)
Drink hot tea.. there are many good flavors out there
Take a before picture
Take your measurements
Tape your before picture on your snack cupboard
Track your weight loss - (****** is a good tracker)
Play Wii with your kids or better half.. compete
After losing your first 10, reward yourself with something you can look at every day
Drink water
Walk more
Meditate
Keep on keeping on - never give up. you are worth it!
Sleep
Give thanks and remind yourself how far you've come.
Post your thoughts on LCF!

I'm trying to gear myself up again. .heheheh
Old 01-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Al: That is too funny.

CAn you tell I'm always looking for an easier way? I looked at the Skechers, too but they look too bulky for me. . Another brand I came across is the Exer-Walk. .the suggested price is $69.00 Planet Shoes - Earth Shoes, Skechers Shape Ups, Earth Spirit Shoes, MBT Shoes, Vegan Shoes, Eco-friendly Shoes, El Naturalista, boots, casual shoes. They look a little more like real tennis shoes but I wonder if they actually do anything? or just hype!
Old 01-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 164/147.6/145 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Stillman's again
Start Date: This time around...October 6, 2014
Welcome all you NEWBIES!!! This is an awesome group for support and tips!! I started coming in November and I am a little addicted:blush:

Stillman's works wonders!

I have in my crock pot right now the onion soup chicken. YUMMY!

AL, Dustin, and IM - I love the Leslie Sansone dvds at first. I just get bored. I have the walk/jog one and I haven't pulled it out in a couple of years but I did like it. It is kind of a high/low intensity which is supposed to work better.

GT - I can't wait to see how much you've lost - I seriously doubt you will have a 20 lb gain

Azura - i wouldn't stress about the bacon too much. I have it every once in a while. At least once a week - and it hasn't hurt me too much.

Dustin - you are so right about the water!

To all the newbies - the water is definitely important! I can tell you that my losses increase when my water increases! So, don't forget to drink up~ Plus it helps keep hunger at bay!
Old 01-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
If you get the munchies, paint your fingernails..a little difficult to eat with wet polish. (Probably not a good idea for you, Dustin!)
what a great idea! (BUT! would wet nailpolish really stop us?) Made me think of an even better one.... put on some crest whitening strips.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

I like the platform of the sketchers. I wouldnt have to shorten my pants! Im probably gonna end up at the store testing them out for a couple aisle laps. They really do seem like the easiest way to ease into this workout thing.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey msgirl! How much bacon do you eat? Just wondering because Ive been using it as my new condiment and I dont want to give it up... I know Im overdoing it though, because thats what I do with anything thats too good.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Oh, come on! Are you suggesting that I can't wear fingernail polish?!?! I had my eye on this purple shade to go with my new shirt I bought yesterday!

-Dustin
Old 01-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love the new Avatar, Dustin.. I think you may start a ducky trend. .I'm off to search for a new one!

I'm just saying. . .you should go for a nice lavendar shade. purple would clash!! too much purple and you'll start looking like a muppet!
Old 01-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I like the platform of the sketchers. I wouldnt have to shorten my pants! Im probably gonna end up at the store testing them out for a couple aisle laps. They really do seem like the easiest way to ease into this workout thing.
OK: you try 'em and report back. . . .You know. now that I think of it, I could use the extra few inches too. .I'm on the short side and most of my pants are too long, too!

Speaking of shoes and thinking of Dustin's Shirt. . I ordered purple high heel boots the other night!! What was I thinking except they are extremely cute. .they have a bow on the side.. Mmmm. .
Old 01-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

What muppet do you speak of? I call dibs on Gonzo!

-Dustin
Old 01-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

D! I was thinking more of the purple man mahna!: File:Character.mahna.jpg - Muppet Wiki - Muppets Studio, Sesame Street

Hehehe
Old 01-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm thinking if I stay up late tonight, I'll go to bed early tomorrow and start my new life rip, roaring and ready to go. .

Should I weigh in on Monday morning or wait until Wednesday? I'm feeling a little scared right now. . I've been good/bad/good and bad again all week! Not perfect by any means. . perhaps I'll wait until Wednesday . .But once I weigh in. I weigh in daily again. . holds me accountable and I really need it right now. Been thinking about going back to WW but I just don't think I can deal with all the choices yet.. I need to be closer to goal.. . I just need to keep my eye on the prize right now. .
Old 01-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

IM2,

Hang in there. Stick with Stillman's.... maybe your body is going through a brief stall right now because of the holidays. I look at your stats and you only have 18 pounds left before you reach your goal weight. That is very impressive!

You have a good sense of humour and you are always encouraging others in here. Don't allow your weight fluctuations make you feel down. Just keep your eye on the grand prize!

I started doing ab crunches. I did some reading last night and a lot of people recommend this ab cruncher chair. It is more gentle on the back. I went to Wal-Mart this morning to pick up a few things and they had a sale on those ab crunches. I bought one. I spent about an hour putting that stinking thing together! But it is worth it! I tried it out and I managed to do about 25 crunches and I thought that wasn't too shabby. I really feel the burn in my stomach. I think if I do this for 2 weeks, maybe it will help to slim down my pot belly.

Wishing everyone a pleasant day!
-Dustin
Old 01-03-2010, 07:49 AM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

you guys are a bunch of quacks!!!

IM2 - I agree with Dustins wise words. We'll start fresh tomorrow, along with some of the new comers. We'll try real hard to be by the book. with all my little cheats here and there, I have to come clean before I get out of hand. So, tomorrow is a new day, another start! We can do this!!

Dustin: 25 crunches is awesome! another miracle machine. Everytime you guys mention something I want it!

I want purple boots too!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:56 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Should I weigh in on Monday morning or wait until Wednesday? .
I think that you should weigh in tomorrow for Day 1. (but you dont have to share if you dont want to) Once you hit the ground running this week, you're gonna wanna see the real progress your making. Dont worry about what the scale says, you are gonna get what you want soon enough!

I weighed today, against my better judgement, and I was up another one to 128. I think I probably need to weigh everyday because I got this thought in my head to eat more last night because I have all week to make up for it. This is not good, but Im glad I realized it, and took my punishment on the scale this morning. So, is it ok if I finish up my bacon today and start fresh with guys tomorrow???
Closed Thread