Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #271
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: aleriaaa
Stats: 189/127/110 5'2"
WOE: QWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaLady View Post
I just got back from buying more organic eggs and Farmers Cheese. I read in a past posting that everyone was afraid to try Farmers Cheese. Personally, I had never had it either so for the price of $2.57 I bought a chunk. If you have not had it you are missing a treat. If you like Motzerella or Provolone you will like this cheese. The Farmers Cheese is very mild. I will have to discipline myself to not eat the whole chunk. It's definately going into my grocery cart from now on. And the good doctor says we can have it on Stillman's. Whahoo another food for variety

I have never seen Farmers Cheese and believe me, I looked!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mork View Post
I rationalize to myself that I will start tomorrow. Well tomorrow has come and gone for about one year and 30 pounds later here I am!! I do have motivation-I am going on a trip in a month but that doesnt seem like enought to me. Hence feeling like a loser who doesn't really care!:blush:
I do care but I need to follow through. Tomorrow day one again! cottage cheese , hamburger and some chicken. Not my favorite food but I can do it. I would like to lose 30 pounds!! I can do it!
You all are doing great!
Mork: I can't say it enough, especially in the beginning. . take it one meal or snack at a time - forget about the "day" thing. .. .make better choices and pretty soon they will become natural for you! By all means, do not eat what you don't like - it makes no sense and you will not stick to it! No kidding. I'm not a big fan of cottage cheese so I rarely eat any.. .I don't like sea food so I don't touch it. . .I like burger, chicken and pork so I've become quite creative when making it.. I eat tuna with my mustard and I will scramble eggs with just a bit of turkey sausage. . if you rummage around enough, you can find one that will fit into program. Don't forget about the all beef low fat hotdogs! I will grill one up once in awhile and dip in mustard!! Mmmm Check your cheese packages and use as condiments

Just do it now and you will thank yourself later. It took me many false starts to finally realize . .I have to live in the now not the later! Good luck to you and do whatever you have to to make it easier on yourself.. .after a few days. .your energy level and motivation will sky rocket! Take B12. it really helps.

Last edited by IM2fat; 01-07-2010 at 01:24 PM..
Old 01-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't know what farmer's cheese is either but I heard its not very good??? If you note, Stillman's is an old program which was out before the 2% cheeses and all the other options we have... I know we want to eat more natural but if you really pay attention to the labels, some of the cheeses out there are lower than the cottage cheese he suggests. I, for one, like to have a wedge of laughing cow cheese every once in a while. You can stuff it in a chicken breast with seasoning and it is very good, too!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TeaLady
Stats: 164/159/135
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: January 4, 2010
Nermo - perfect foods list, but did you know you can use spices for flavor? I agree with AL about the chicken legs though. However, if you use the crockpot (slowcooker to some), wad up a few pieces of aluminum foil on the bottom and put the chicken on the top to cook and all that melted fat goes to the bottom of the crock pot instead of in your body. There are many days when I have 2 leg quarters of chicken, which is the fattier part of the chicken but I still loose. I season those bird legs with Old Bay Seasoning, salt, parsley, & garlic. You can do pepper if you like. I'm not a pepper person. That makes a tasty bunch of chicken there......qlipppp!! And you can have it all without sharing with anyone. If you make it for the family they will think you are a marvelous chef.

The Tea Lady

Hang in there and make sure you are getting enough "taste" (seasonings) in your selections or you will burn out fast.

And.........you can even put mustard on that bird as you eat it too. Lot's of posts about mustard today. Yes, the good doctor says it's legal (that's Dr. Stillman, of coarse).
Old 01-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have to put my two cents in about eggs! Especially for you Al!

I learned a long time ago (WW trick). . if you mix one whole egg (72 Calories) with 3 or 4 egg whites - 17 calories. .it is virtually a guilt free breakfast. . (and only 2 or 3 WW points! - 1 egg = 2 points.). . I used every trick to stretch my points out. hehehe Anyway, the trick was to mix your eggs, add a tiny bit of water and then put them in a pan. .Once they start setting a bit, I used to sprinkle with my carefully measured cheese and the real bacon bacon bits. . (I barely fry bacon any more now that I've discovered these. ). .You can easily measure out a tablespoon and when they are crushed like that. .they go a long way on flavor without the grease! My hubby and I used to use them on our BLT's in the good old days. . .Mmmm. Bread! I can't believe I haven't had a slice of toast or bread since July! . .Sorry. .off track, dreaming of carbs again. .Can you believe we still don't have water? I've only had 4 32 oz things of water, 1 can of pop, 2 coffees and 4 teas! Eerrrg
Old 01-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm feeling a bit knowledgeable today so I'll give more of my 2 cents:

I don't know how you guys can eat the same (yes, Dustin. I am referring to your Tuna!). . all day long. .I have to have variety. .If I have tuna for lunch. .I'm having steak or burger for dinner. . .and chicken for breakfast. . MMmmm. maybe there is something to that? Maybe . .just maybe that is the key! IDK . .I just believe I would go Crazy!!!!

Hey Al: Yes we are a bunch of Quacks here. .
Old 01-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Perhaps all my urine is floating up to my head. . Eeeeerrrr
Old 01-07-2010, 01:38 PM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Hey Nermo.....We're going to get you back into the game. Try my secret...start the Stillman diet after your supper tonight. When you get that twinge to eat something go for eggs or cheese or some meat. I guarantee that your morning will go better. You'll not have those carb cravings as strong after you've had that protein in your belly all night. And you will have slept through about 8-10 hours of the induction period.

Now everyone get on board and let's cheer Nermo into the game.

Go Nermo Go Nermo Go Nermo Go Nermo Go Nermo
Old 01-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #279
Senior LCF Member

I'm with IM2 - I need variety too or I'd crack.

The Tea Lady
Old 01-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

I'm on my 6th water and feeling fine.

The Tea Lady
Old 01-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: msgirl
Stats: 164/147.6/145 -- 5'8.5"
WOE: Stillman's again
Start Date: This time around...October 6, 2014
Just finished my fourth water
Old 01-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

I can not keep up with all these posts!!! WOW!!!

And, to think last week I could hear an echo when I typed!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

I had 5 eggs yesterday for lunch! i was starving!

But, I was up a pound today! I am believing that tomorrow I will be down 2!!! Even 5 eggs only has 350 calories! In the grand scheme of things that isn't too bad!!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

One last post - should have just done one long one!!

This has been an emotionally taxing day for me (much the norm around here) and having this board to post to so that I can feel totally away from my world is such a help!

Mrs. Nadal - This is a great emotional outlet! Don't turn to food turn to us
Old 01-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
Start Date: jan2010
thanks t lady!!!
I am telling u i found this forum by pure L-U-C-K but boy am I glad I did, Thnx for all the support.

I am doing a whole lot better with being nautious. I started 2 days ago 272, just got of the scale 269 OMG! I was jumping up for joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen..............
Old 01-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlahr
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: June 15, 2009
Hey There!!

I'm jumpin in tomorrow....I am ready for some BIG changes!! I need to move my treadmill so I can get into exercising! I'm soo tired of not having clothes to wear because nothing fits! I will do this this time!!

Congrats to everyone that is having success!!

Smile
Old 01-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Go Nermo Go Nermo Go Nermo err. .err. .er. . Go Nermo Go Nermo

Darla: Try the Tea Trick.. Start tonight and you'll have 8 to 12 hours of induction in before you know it!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

nermo: you might feel better if you get yourself a quacky avitar! We are feeling kinda ducky on this board, lately! Thank you to Dustin or fellow. .quackmeister!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nermo
Stats: 272/198 /180 for now
Start Date: jan2010
IM - i don't know how to get an avatar
Old 01-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #290
Blabbermouth!!!

We're in it to win it! Lets go Nermo!! and TeaLAdy! and IM2! and MsGirl! and Dustin! and Mrs. Nadal! and mork! and Dancer! and azura! and Cat! and Shannon! and GT!!! and everyone else!

and a big welcome to DARLA!!!!! So glad to have you here!!!!! You are totally gonna do it this time!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #291
Blabbermouth!!!

msgirl - wow! 5 eggs is only 350 calories! that nothing!! I had no idea.

Nice job on the h20 - IM2, TeaLady and MsG!!! I finished off 3...

nermo - 3 pounds in 2 days is awesome! keep it up!!!!

IM2 - I actually can eat the same thing all day. Im weird though.. I admit it. Wouldnt want to eat tuna all day, but darn I could eat ground beef or turkey like its going out of style!

msgirl - You are so gonna drop those two pounds by the weekend! You are always right on target! I think Im gonna drop 1. I gotta feeling!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:56 PM   #292
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
IM - i don't know how to get an avatar
nermo....some technical support... for adding an avatar

select user control panel
select edit avatar
go to avatar category
skim through pages til you find one you like
select it
save changes

You can also do a search online for a custom one, but that will be in the next lesson!
Old 01-07-2010, 03:37 PM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shannon_
Stats: 137/132.6/125
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 1/05/10
Well Day 3 is going as planned! No headache, sleeping poorly, and little appetite... I guess Im doing okay! Im averaging 750Cal/day with working out and weight lifting. After reviewing the posts I made in 2007 post-pregnancy in this website, I noticed that I did NOT do Stillman's at that time..I did K/E..what was that Kimmers Experiment? Man, Im dating myself! Time sure flies!

Its good to see you all posting! This seems like the friendliest place Ive been to, and Im glad I found you all! I like what one of you said about not turning to food but turning to this forum. There always is someone here posting!

Take care for the evening,
Shannon
Old 01-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermo View Post
thanks t lady!!!
I am telling u i found this forum by pure L-U-C-K but boy am I glad I did, Thnx for all the support.
high5:
so glad you did! I found it by accident too and haven't stopped yacking since! i was looking for low carb recipes when I was doing Atkins and stumbled across this forum. .I had never done any chat rooms or anything like that. .I lurked for a long time and then one day decided that I had something to say. .and I haven't stopped since. . .

I know, speaking for myself, I am excited to log in and see what everyone is doing even if I'm not doing so well. It tends to go in waves but the reassuring thing is.. there is always someone on-board to lend an ear or give an opinion! We've all been there/done that! Plus it is difficult to stuff cookies in your mouth while you are typing without ruining your keyboard!

Go, losers, Go

We hate fat
from our head to our feet,
we shall conquer this addiction
with plain ole' meat!

The jiggle will be gone
the smile will come back
We aren't going to take it
we have a counter-attack. .

so eat your meat,
enjoy your fish
I know you can do it
and become one hot dish!!
Old 01-07-2010, 04:21 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member

IM2 - now we have poetry !!! You crack me up - BRILLIANT !!! You go girl.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member

I just created a recipe - Whahoo......

I had some crockpot chicken from yesterday that "was not calling me" so I got the idea to take 2 Tbsp of ketchep, 1 tsp of cidar vinegar and 1 packet of the Truvia (no calorie stevia) sweetner and stir it together and then I poured it over the chicken that I had pulled into pieces. Then I put it on a baking sheet (no oil) and stuck it under the broiler for about 5 minutes until the sauce was bubbly. It was DELICIOUS !!!!! Sort of a barbeque for the chicken. Yummers !!!! I'll be doing that again. Try it !

The Tea Lady
Old 01-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!

IM2 - You're the best!!!!! I was new to chatting online too. Now look at us. We cant stop! I know I would feel really guilty eating cookies while typing to you guys. So, yes, you all keep me on track!!!

TL: recipe sounds yummy!!!!

WTG Shannon!! We have another exerciser on the boards, people. Get us moving girl!!!! We need a swift kick. Im beggin..

Im still eyeing those sketchers shape ups. Juts gotta $10 off coupon code, bringing them to $89. Must sound so corny to most of you athletes. Thats ok though, they will look great with my wall push-ups. heeheehee
Old 01-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Nermo - Whahoo........a 3 pound loss!!!! Way to go. The nausia is going to pass so just stay with it.

Now this will get your encouragment up....these are the doctors words (Dr. Stillman). On average people who do the stillman diet lose about 4% of their body weight on the diet each week. I see your current weight is 272 (or at least that was your starting place. If you take 272 x 5% you get 13.6 pounds of loss per week. Now that starts once you go into Ketosis. You should be entering ketosis any hour now. So if you can muster up the will power to hang in there you can expect to be at 244 at about this time next week. I have personally found that 5% number to be true for me as I've used the Stillman diet through the years so hang in there and see if you don't start to see those pounds just slide off your body. The big thing is to not have even a taste of anything that is not on the diet list. Stay true and the diet will be true to you.

Hopefully that give you a lot of hope.

How does this work??? If your body does not have carbohydrates to use a fuel your body will burn your body fat for fuel. Picture yourself as a fireplace and the Stillman angels are throwing1-2-3 pound fat logs from your body in the fire to burn baby burn.

If you can go online and get a copy of the Stillman Quick Weight Loss Diet you will understand WHY this works. Our bodies, in ketosis, are burning our fat for energy. You just have to get through the first 2-3 days of carb burning to get into ketosis and then you are on your way to success.

Go Nermo Go Nermo Go Nermo Go Nermo

The Tea Lady
Old 01-07-2010, 04:44 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Duhhhhhh ......5%. I see I have a typo

The Tea Lady
Old 01-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member