Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: al1114
QWL diet question

Hi everyone,

I first did Stillman's QWL diet a couple of years ago for 9 days and in that time frame I lost 15 pounds, going from 175-160. My goal weight at the time was 130, but after 9 day I couldn't take it anymore. My lifestyle at the time made it so hard for me to prepare meat all the time that I stopped doing the diet.

Things a a lot different for me now. First of all I had a baby 6 months ago and now weight 241 pounds. I am willing to do whatever it takes to quickly lose enough weight so that I could at least fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes again (about 180 pounds).

I would like to do stillman's QWL diet again, but I have a couple of questions..

1. Is it a safe diet to do for a peroid of 6-8 weeks or longer?
2. has anyone done the QWL diet for that long? If so I would love to hear about your experience.

I'm so desperate, with all the holliday's coming and parties, I want to at least have something to wear and not feel so bad about myself.

thanks so much.
al1114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cskies
Stats: 135/135/125
al1114 First off hello and congratualtions on the new baby!!

Holidays approaching always make me wonder if I will make it through without going off plan but it can be done.

I have done stillmans since the beginning of January 2008 and hit goal some time this past summer and kept the weight off.

You can do stillmans for an extended amount of time and lose like crazy. I followed the 10 days on stillmans and 2 days off using atkins on my days off and adding only simple low carb vegetables like brocolli.

Good luck with whatever plan you decide to do!!

Last edited by cskies; 10-31-2008 at 05:32 PM..
cskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:54 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tigerbunni
Stats: 148/148/110
WOE: Stillman
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2010
Here I go...

I'm new to this Low Carb stuff. But let me lay it out for you. I'm 43, 5'2" and weigh 148 lbs. VERY UNHEALTHY. In 2006, I weighed 105. I've let my exercise slack off (largely due to a 3rd shift work schedule) and my eating habits have gone to the dogs, pardon the expression. I've recently been diagnosed with Cervical Radiculopathy that is so severe, they're even talking surgery. No one says that it's got anything to do with weight gain, but this is a problem, people who have a decade on me get, not 43 year olds. So before I do something as extreme as surgery (steroid shots are more likely), I've got to think getting some of this excess weight off has got to be for the best. So I think Stillman's is in order. I can't handle this feeling of screwdrivers stabbing me in the biceps. If I'm not on muscle relaxants, then I'm on the verge of screaming. It's time to make some changes, folks. And despite the fact that no one at the Doctor wants to tell me to drop a few pounds, I know in my heart some of my problems would likely be less severe if at least 20 lbs came off.

Wish me luck, folks!!!
tigerbunni is offline   Reply With Quote