Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 01:29 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: elizabeth229
i don't EVER want to go off this diet! help!

i'm close to my target weight so i know i have to stop soon but i feel SOOOO much better eating this way! before stillman's i was suffering from insulin resistance and pcos, but now all of the symptoms are GONE and i can't bear the thought of ever eating a bite of bread again! Yet i know i can't live on chicken, shrimp and the occasional apple forever (i would if i could though!)

anyway, i'm looking to buy a cookbook or something to help me maintain this for life...would south beach (phase 3) really be the closest thing to continuing stillmans? or can i just stay in stillmans phase 2 for the rest of my life but add back a few more different types of food? i really think my body is incredibly sensitive to carbs and south beach looks like it has too many for my liking... and i don't want to get involved with atkins recipes for fear of their fat content!

thanks for listening!
elizabeth229 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: sweet&sugarfree
Stats: 196.6/164.8/156
Start Date: January 1, 2005
Hi Elizabeth congratulations!!! I love stillmans too..I love the appetite control and how it is simple..I dont have to think much about food and that is so good for me because I am a food addict. I would say take your time introducing back foods. Go slow and definately dont go on a carb binge. this will make the adjustment easier and it easier for you to maintain. Way to go!!!!
sweet&sugarfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

How much did you loose and how long did it take you?? Thanks!!
Old 08-02-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DEBI IN OHIO
Stats: 235.5/-----/150ish?
WOE: Diabetic.lower carbs
Start Date: 05/01, restart 2/22/08 again
I get very skeptical when someone makes their first post ever like this one and then disappears....no stats, using the caps on certain words and the "!"s, thrown in and then they disappear..
This isnt a diet, your suppose to be here learning a way to eat for life.
Since when is there phases on the Stillmans plan?
DEBI IN OHIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:19 PM   #5
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Hi Debi! I didn't understand your post???
Old 08-05-2008, 06:48 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DEBI IN OHIO
Stats: 235.5/-----/150ish?
WOE: Diabetic.lower carbs
Start Date: 05/01, restart 2/22/08 again
as u can see the orginal poster never came back, after her first and ONLY post....I think sometimes people just make up a new screen name and come to LCF just to post an opinion or comment they are afraid to say with their usual screen name here..

she didnt list any of her stats(weights location etc..)
DEBI IN OHIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Seeley
Stats: 237/219/157
WOE: Modified Montignac
Start Date: April 19, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBI IN OHIO View Post
as u can see the orginal poster never came back, after her first and ONLY post....I think sometimes people just make up a new screen name and come to LCF just to post an opinion or comment they are afraid to say with their usual screen name here..

she didnt list any of her stats(weights location etc..)
Maybe she didn't come back because she was a scared and nervous newbie who finally got up the nerve to post for the very first time -- only to be met by your incredibly rude response.

Nope...I wouldn't come back either.
Seeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aquarian
Stats: 297/267/155
WOE: Lean Protein, Very Limited Carbs - Kimkins
Start Date: Restarted 04/12/2007
yep
Aquarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:38 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

WOW. what a surprise to come back to. for everyones information, my grandmother suddenly fell ill so i went to stay with her for a few weeks. she of course does not have any kind of internet connection in her apartment and she was in no condition for me to leave and go to an internet cafe or library to check my email...but to be honest, i'm quite glad that i did not get online....reading this is rather unpleasant...

thanks SO much to those of you who left encouraging remarks! my starting weight was 163 pounds. i now weigh exactly 133 and surprisingly it has only been about 10 weeks! my goal weight is 120, but now that i am healthier, i'm not really in a rush to get it off.

anyway i apologize if my "disappearance" was offensive to some people. i also didn't realize using capital letters was an issue...debi, if you have a better way of expressing emotion through type, i'd love to hear it.

again, thanks to those of you who didnt judge me and best of luck on your diets! i hope you understand why i will not continue to post here.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:43 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

ok 1 more post...couldn't help myself. since when is stillman's NOT a diet? seems to me that it IS a diet and i was merely looking for a way to turn it in to a lifestyle. and it does have phases...i read the names for them and everything on this message board.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:02 AM   #11
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Elizabeth Thank you for coming back to this thread!!! wow that is really a great loss!! My response was supportive as this is a support forum!! If you are online or a little come visit us on the Stillman thread. We do one a month and some are in weight loss mode and some in maintaince..come say hi!!! Way to go for you!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 08:54 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tommyswife
Stats: 222.5/209.5/180 R1000 P2
WOE: Homeopathic HCG
Don't leave Elizabeth. It's very rude for Debi to be so presumptive assuming your post wasn't legitimate. Many of us here would love to chat with you to learn more about the weight loss journey. I'd would love to know what foods you ate etc as I'm trying Stillmans for the first time.
Tommyswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:51 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

alright, i'll stick around for a bit longer! let me mention first that i am 21 and in college so i don't exactly know how to cook, so i thrived on a lot of pre-packaged, easy to prepare foods. furthermore, i was not a huge meat-eater (i don't eat fish!) going into stillmans so i was concerned, but i was able to happily subsist on just a few items-

i ate a lot of canadian bacon/lean smoked ham slices (oscar mayer canadian bacon was my favorite). i just put a few slices in a non-stick skillet and added a slice of fat-free or 2% american cheese at the very end. felt like i was eating an egg mcmuffin!

i also bought frozen, grilled chicken (tyson usually) and microwaved it, adding an ounce of fat free shredded cheese at the end. with a little bit of ketchup, it also felt like i was eating junk food.

and then of course egg beaters in every variety...egg whites...what else...sargento light mozzarella cheese was my typical snack...tyson makes decent lean, frozen seasoned steak strips...i had an apple or a peach for dessert every night...and i think thats about it!

after about 2 weeks my cravings for anything and everything disappeared entirely so eating the same foods over and over wasn't difficult at all. i feel like i barely taste food now. i eat to survive lol it's crazy!
Old 08-26-2008, 10:55 AM   #14
LJB
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Add some cottage cheese with flax seed, too. It adds variety to your day and you get the omega-3's from the flax.
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:45 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay! She came back. Wow, your diet was pretty bland, but if that works for you. How long did it take you to lose the weight?What about drinks? I didn't know egg beaters came in various flavors. I need to go shopping.

Last edited by Tommyswife; 08-26-2008 at 12:46 PM..
Old 08-27-2008, 08:51 AM   #16
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Elizabeth thanks for sharing!!! come post in our stillman thread everyone there is soo nice and supportive! I eat a lot of the same foods you do because I can't cook! Keep us updated!!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:33 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyswife View Post
Yay! She came back. Wow, your diet was pretty bland, but if that works for you. How long did it take you to lose the weight?What about drinks? I didn't know egg beaters came in various flavors. I need to go shopping.
it was incredibly bland! but you seriously start to not care after a while. once in a while i would screw up a recipe (undercooked, underseasoned egg beaters for example!) and i would happily eat it anyway! it's bizarre since i used to be a very picky eater. but yes egg beaters come in a cheese and chive flavor...also southwestern..and veggie flavor i believe. theyre all excellent in my opinion!
Old 09-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey elizabeth. I'm happy to see your post. My menu has become very bland also. Which is very surprising because I'm a very picky eater as well. My menu has been lean meats grilled on my foreman, eggs, and occasional vegetable helping and diet whatever. So I completely understand. LOL I just wanna see a loss, who cares about variety and taste. I'll be able to eat all my favorite foods in moderation after I lose the weight. Yeah Baby!!!!

You should post in the our Stillman's thread. The ladies there are very sweet.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

i'll certainly post as often as possible, but as i mentioned i'm a senior in college (double major, blechh) and i've been traveling a lot lately for family obligations so i don't have as much time to spend online as i'd like!

anyway i hope everyone who is on the diet now keeps up with it!! i am basically at my goal weight so i officially stopped my "diet" this week...surprisingly, however, i kept eating the same way! i tried to treat myself to a harmless cup of frozen yogurt as a reward, but i realllly didn't want it. i went home and had an apple instead =) crazy!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:39 AM   #20

Gallery: Soccerchic
Stats: 195/187/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 16.12.09
Hey Elizabeth,
I know this is an old thread but i'm just starting stillman's and was wondering how you are going with maintenance
hope you are well
jen
Soccerchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:49 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Callan
Stats: 152/140 5'6 1/2"
WOE: Atkins maintenance with yogurt and fruit
Welcome, elizabeth 229! I'm back too after a break from the Internet. It sounds like you're doing great! I go back and forth between Stillman and Atkins. Stillman is great for breaking a plateau.

I hope your grandmother is okay!
Callan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

any of you still around? it's a year later...i'm doing well, my grandmother is doing well and i was wondering how everyone here is! still low-carbing? i am!! i put on a few pounds during the school year (surely due to lack of exercise & occasional stress eating) and i'm trying to get them off again now.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #23

Gallery: Soccerchic
Stats: 195/187/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 16.12.09
Hey Elizabeth,
There's not too much action on the Stillman's thread, people seem to hang out in the main low carb lobby, i've been doing atkins for about a week and a bit but i'm eating way too much food and i'm too hungry so i'm going to do stillman's for a week starting tomorrow, i also have a wedding in a week that i'd like to not feel bloated for.
good to hear you are doing well.
there are a few stillmaniser's on this board though that seem to be going strong
jen
Soccerchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lilnurse
Stats: 202/197/160
WOE: Stillman Diet (The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet
Start Date: 02/28/2011
I hope what you're saying is true..I have PCOS symptoms too and hope they vanish as I get within an acceptable weight range.
lilnurse is offline   Reply With Quote