Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 05:15 AM   #1
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Summer at the Beach!

It's been really quiet here on the South Beach Diet (SBD) site, but let's see if we can rev things back up again. Please use this thread as a place to check in and ask questions.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2014, 05:17 AM   #2
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'll start things off by saying that I just finished up some vacation days, birthday and the holiday weekend. I am SO ready to get back on track. Today is a Phase 1 day, and I plan to string a few of them together.

With all the great local produce available this time of year, I find it very easy to get all my veggies in!

How is everyone else doing??
Old 07-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
It really has been way too quiet!!! I have been eating really well! Didn't stick to vegetarian, but I never stick to anything for too long! lol I had a birthday too! 47!
Happy Birthday Wiz!
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:56 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
Start Date: 1/2005
Happy Birthday Michelle and Wiz! I turn 45 on Thursday! lol..what are the chances?
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:24 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

WOW! Happy Birthday!!!!
Old 07-08-2014, 07:17 AM   #6
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ha! I guess we Cancer signs stick together . Happy Birthday to you both!! I am (ugh) 54....

I had a great day of eating! Phase 1 all the way, and no night time snacking. I really want to have a good week with no cheats.

I made one our faves last night. Parmesan Chicken Tenders. I dip them in beaten egg, then dredge them in a parm cheese, herb mix (I usually throw in oregano, pepper, garlic powder). Bake on a greased (i.e. cooking spray) cookie sheet at 425 for 10 minutes per side. I had mine over a big salad, my husband had his in whole wheat slider rolls. And they make great leftovers for lunch the next day.

Let's all have an awesome week on the Beach!!

2014 Running Miles: 394
2014 Walking Miles: 313
2014 Biking Miles: 513
Old 07-08-2014, 03:18 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

mmmm I'm going to make those chicken tenders! Sounds delish! Looking forward to staying on the beach!
Old 07-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: woman1964
hello

Well I have been on an off Dr. Dukan diet since 2011. Did great but long story. My question is I have done SBD before but it sounds like a lot has change. So is there a new book out that I need to get ?
woman1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:59 AM   #9
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woman1964 View Post
Well I have been on an off Dr. Dukan diet since 2011. Did great but long story. My question is I have done SBD before but it sounds like a lot has change. So is there a new book out that I need to get ?
There is a new book called Supercharged. It makes a few tweaks to the food lists and adds an exercise program. However, if you own the original book, you will be fine. I don't think there is enough change to warrant buying the new book.

Made my Turkey Meatloaf Provençale last night! Another Wiz family favorite. Love having it for leftovers...

Two days of Phase 1 in the book, I am starting to feel back to normal again after too many indulgences.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 07-10-2014, 06:05 AM   #10
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was absolutely miserable yesterday and succumbed to a (big!) glass of wine last night. But the rest of my day was Phase 1.

I got a 5-mile run done this morning and I am ready for another Phase 1 day. I will weigh in on Friday morning. Fingers crossed that it will be good news...
Old 07-11-2014, 04:02 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 5'4" 178/148/133-128
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014
July 1 155.8
July 2 153.6
July 3 152.6
July 4 155.4
July 5 153.6
July 6 152.4
July 7 152.4
July 8 not weighing in
July 9 150.8
July 10 151.2
July 11 150.6.
SBD is making the scales move again!
I stalled out for about 5 weeks on Atkins and recently adopted SBD as my new WOE. Pretty much all that's changed is that I have added in beans and milk/yogurt and cut back a little on the fat. I was going to start out in phase 1 but after being on Atkins since mid April I figured I am over my cravings.

I am going to have to make some chicken tenders now. They sound fabulous.
I got the new book from the library and eh. I agree if you have the old book it is not necessary. The food list are all over the internet and that is really all you need.
My hubby brought home a ton of mangos that I am making into a sorbet for him in my ice cream maker and then I thought what can I make with almond coconut milk and jello? I will let you all know how that turns out in a few days.
Leanne21071 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:36 AM   #12
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Leanne, good for you!! Don't you love seeing progress on the scale??

I weighed in today and it was just okay. Kind of where I expected to be...

Last night we had a treat and cooked a small sirloin on the grill, yum. I sautéed red onion, zucchini, tomatoes, fresh cilantro and juice of 1 lime for our vegetable. Another great thing to have as a leftover, especially in an omelet.

And I just finished up a brisk 5-mile walk with my husband before starting my work day...TGIF!!!
Old 08-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Serenity_Rose
Stats: 290/290/130
Start Date: January 2013

Quiet around here!
Serenity_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:16 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LinCO
Stats: 168/154.6/152--5'9"
WOE: Back to SB!!
Start Date: Aug 2014
I'll SB with ya!

Hey Wiz! Accountability has been *missing* in my life, so I'll get back on this with ya!https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/i...hands_2011.gif
LinCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:51 AM   #15
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Laurie, nice to hear from you!! It's been pretty darn quiet here, but I am happy to get things moving again...

I had a good week of eating minus an annual clam bake we went to on Saturday! I took those 4 hours "off" from SB...Yes, I had some beer, Jersey white corn, clam chowder, etc. It was delish, but I was back on plan Sunday morning.

How is everyone else doing? I cannot believe the summer is winding down, I still feel like there are a million things I wanted to do and never had time for.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:32 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Did I write a novel here? Ha ha

I'll tell you where I feel like that about summer-my vegetable garden! This time of year, I'm always like, come on bell peppers! We don't have much more time! Things mature slowly here at 7,000 feet and it's a race until first frost.

I've been switching things around a ton with diet and exercise and some of that's been good, but it seems if I want to cut some more body fat, I'm going to need to tighten up.

This past year, I did the crazy sexy cancer diet cleanse with my 2 best friends-one of whom has stage 4 cancer but is now CLEAR! This is tons of veggies, a vegan diet, lots of green juice from cukes, kale & celery. It was a big change for me from SB and I started having lots of cravings and no willpower, which was disorienting. I had had a lot of willpower! However, when we first did the cleanse, I dropped like 8 pounds I really wanted to drop. Then I had way, way too much work and it seemed like the only thing the scale knew how to do was go UP. Another thing, though-I had really marked feelings of well-being, it was really something.

I tried adding in some recipes from Thrive-the book by Brandon Brazier, a vegan ultra marathoner. Delicious, delicious and my daughter and I noticed when we made his pancakes and then went to run a race, we just felt awesome. Lots of fruit, though, and definitely lower on protein.

So this summer I hit the weight room, thinking, "Let me build up some of this lean body mass, get my metabolism going again." IDK if it's age or what but sheesh the pounds will barely budge.

So NOW, I do have some muscle mass back and I just want to cut some of this fat off. SB has been really good to me in the past.

BTW, Wiz, I know you do a lot of running. I read elsewhere on this site about carb cycling for folks who get a lot of exercise. Are you familiar? It's like this-low carb is like 48 carb grams a day, med is 100 and high is 300 (but NOT SUGAR)- so it's M Med, Tues low, W Med, Thurs low, Fri low, Sat Hi, Sun low.

I have found it's really had to stay low low, like P1, and do a good amount of running.
https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/i...smile_2011.GIF
PLEASE -- what have YOU been up to?
Old 08-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

THAT went over like a lead balloon!

Gosh, it IS quiet around here!
https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/i...rical_2011.gif I have gone back to my veggie smoothie for breakfast-when I was all SB, I had cottage cheese with protein powder, a little all bran and some sunflower seeds. My veggie smoothie is also super delish, romaine, pea shoots, an apple, a cucumber and raw vanilla protein powder. I throw in some raw sunflower seeds right before I turn off the blender.

My weight is staying right in a 4 pound zone-but it's down a tad.

Hopefully we'll get some more action on this page!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:21 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ReslerMomma
Stats: 190/180/140
Start Date: September 2014
Hi everyone! I am getting back on the SB wagon tomorrow. I did it in 2007 and lost about 40 pounds for my wedding, which I didn't keep off! Since it worked so well for me in the past I am trying again! I have since gotten married, had a baby, changed jobs, and had knee surgery. Now I need to lose about 60 pounds. Wish me luck
Oh, and I'm a runner too! A slow runner but a runner.
ReslerMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:31 AM   #19
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReslerMomma View Post
Hi everyone! I am getting back on the SB wagon tomorrow. I did it in 2007 and lost about 40 pounds for my wedding, which I didn't keep off! Since it worked so well for me in the past I am trying again! I have since gotten married, had a baby, changed jobs, and had knee surgery. Now I need to lose about 60 pounds. Wish me luck
Oh, and I'm a runner too! A slow runner but a runner.
Welcome!! It's been VERY quiet around here lately , but please feel free to post any questions, etc.

I am a runner as well, but have been rehabbing from an Achilles tweak that has been tough to get over. So I've been doing more biking lately. But I am chomping at the bit to get back out on my feet.

Laurie, I have to laugh - the thought of the smoothies you describe make me . Ugh, cottage cheese! Ugh, cucumber! LOL. Very healthy, of course, but not on Wiz's palate!

FYI. I have my home opener for the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, so as a season ticketholder, it's that time of year where I need to think of SBD friendly tailgate recipes (that my brothers/nephews won't turn their nose up at!!)

Hope everyone has a great week ON THE BEACH!!
Old 09-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome. Maybe we can heat this thread back up
Old 09-04-2014, 05:35 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Getting older

Hi ladies!

I've been diligently tracking and I have to say, getting older is making this harder! It seems like I have to be so good to drop 0.4 lbs in a week, but an extra 500 calories one day will add at least 1 lb. My weigh-in day is Friday and I'm going to be super careful today!

Wiz, I have had a hard time getting over a foot thing that really slowed down my mileage-it turned out to be a hip thing I had paid no attention to. And I love running!

If this choice is work hard at SB or gain, I'll work hard!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:39 AM   #22
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Laurie, I agree. It has gotten WAY harder for me to lose weight. At this point, I just don't want to gain any more back.

Stuffed Red Peppers for dinner tonight...one of our favorites. I do them all different ways. Tonight will be with some low fat chicken sausages, spinach, skim mozz, sun dried tomatoes, onion, fennel seed. A little bit of prep work roasting the peppers and sautéing the other ingredients, but so easy to pop in the oven when you are ready to eat!

And I rode my bike to our boardwalk this morning and ran 3 miles. My Achilles feels fine. The boards are so much easier on me than the pavement. Plus the bike ride loosens me up a bit before running!

Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 09-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Weigh In Day!

Well, whoot! I didn't go to level 1, I just tried to track everything and keep my weekly average low.

And I lost 0.6 lb this week!https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/i...p_joy_2011.gif

I'll take it!

BTW, I learned about carb cycling on other parts of this website, and I've kind of been doing that. I.E. some days I had as many as 166 grams of carbs-like I might have had an apple and some oatmeal in addition to veggie carbs. Other days, like yesterday, I had as low as 114 grams. This works a lot better for me than just keeping the carbs super low.

I use ****** to track-it's free.

Glad to hear your achilles didn't give you trouble, Wiz! https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/i..._grin_2011.gif
Old 09-07-2014, 03:52 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Woo hoo way to go on your weight loss! I will have to look up the cycling thing.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:23 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

ReslerMomma, how is it going for you? And is your name a reference to wrestling? :-)
Old 09-15-2014, 08:04 PM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Hi everyone I'm new here. I just ordered the South Beach Diet Supercharged, it should be here Wednesday! I've been on my weight loss journey since June of 2013 and I've lost about 65#, the last few weeks the scale has been going back up :/. My will power has been doing a nose dive. I hope this diet will get me back into the healthy eating! I've read a ton of these posts and love all the info here! thank you
metallicarocks9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:52 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Going pretty well here! Down to 176. Ran a 5k on Sunday. How bout you?
It's actually my last name but my hubby did coach wrestling for several years
Old 09-17-2014, 05:55 AM   #28
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Greetings from Orlando! I am down here for 4 days on business. Eating has been okay, but not great. When every meal is at a conference hotel or restaurant, you just know you are eating more calories/fat/carbs than you are at home.

I did get a super 7-mile run in yesterday morning (in the dark before it got hot out!!), but it's pouring today.

RM, nice work on the 5K race!

Metallica, Welcome!! Good luck to you.

I will check back in when I get home. Hope everyone is having a great week on the Beach!!
Old 09-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

W: Orlando sounds like fun, but I know eating out all the time is tough. WTG on the 7 miles!

R: WTG on the 5K! I want to go running, reading about you ladies!

M: Welcome! I was having willpower trouble too, and getting back on SB is a miracle. I've been real conscious of eating my super-low meals, like egg beaters, or for dinner I'll have those zero calorie noodles with broccoli and tempeh.

It's working! 4 pounds in 5 weeks! Whoot!
Old 09-23-2014, 06:26 AM   #30
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Autumn Attitude!!

New South Beach Diet check-in thread for the Fall!!

Oh, and great work on the loss Laurie!!