Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glidergirl
original or revised South Beach?

Just wondering if folks are mostly using the original or revised South Beach Diet?
Thank you!
Colleen
glidergirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2014, 10:18 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Southside Girl
WOE: SBD
Start Date: April 2014
Hi, Colleen. I just started back in SB today, and I am sort of combining a few versions. The most recent book I have is "Supercharged" but I use the original as my base. However, I have found info on the blogs where changes have been made (like beans and tomatoes) so I do incorporate them. I did fine today, and I am actually sort of relieved to be back on Phase 1. I have about 15 pounds to lose, which slowly crept up on me due to a very stressful year and a half of settling my dad's estate. Are there any dramatic changes on the newest version?
Southside Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:13 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

I think Supercharged is the newest one. Or I thought it was. Am just now reading it.
I did the original years ago, and did fairly well, but had a boyfriend who kept sabotaging me.
Have since dumped boyfriend, have a new husband (who loves chubbies, but knows I need to feel better), have had a stressfull year like you, mentally and physically, and have hit the place where I realize I have to take care of myself to be able to take care of others.

Sorry! That was long winded!
Old 04-14-2014, 05:34 AM   #4
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hey Glider, sorry I did not respond sooner, I was on vacation. But Southside was correct, Supercharged is the new version. I lost my weight originally on the old version, but did pick up the new book as well. There were a few more tips, some updates to food lists, and a revised exercise plan. However, I think you will be fine with either version!

Please join us on the daily check-in thread, I just started a new one for the Spring:

Spring Into Action!!

And, I too, want to lose about 15 lbs. Same deal here: lots of stress from my MiL passing, Hurricane Sandy, my husband being out of work, my Dad having Cancer surgery, etc. Not to mention a very stressful job!! The lbs really crept on and now it has just gotten ugly for me.

2014 Running Miles: 301
2014 Walking Miles: 278
2014 Biking Miles: 441
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, wiz. It's nice to know I'm not alone in multiple struggles.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Southside Girl
WOE: SBD
Start Date: April 2014
Oh, how nice to know I am not the only one who has gained from stress eating! Even at my "normal" weight I am not skinny, but I cannot believe the difference 10 pounds makes on my frame! Hoping that I can get back down to 135 by my trip to Europe with my daughter at the end of May!
Southside Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:18 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Susan179
Stats: Weight 155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Nov. 1, 2013
New to this thread

I put on 15 pounds due to a back injury and depression . I hope to lose it before July. Going on a trip to Israel. I am starting with The older version because that's what I know. Picked up the newer book but haven't had time to look through it yet. Now all I need is to get back on the bike for exercise and some callanetics for shaping up.
Susan179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:21 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Stress does it!
Plus I think when we are stressed and busy or depressed, we don't really pay attention to what we are eating or how it's affecting us.