Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,447
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
February


Carry on!
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 298
Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
Carrying on! LOL
Having a cup of coffee with skim milk, and a piece of crustless quiche before work while I type this. I think I packed well for the next 16 1/2 hours

yogurt
almonds
v8
celery
2 wedges laughing cow cheese
slice of quiche (which has ham, LF cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, and black olives)
one salad with turkey, hardboiled egg, swiss ch
one salad with cold grilled chicken
RF ranch dressing

the salad I made up is mixed spring greens, iceberg, cucumber, and tomato

rose we were hoping the wedding for August, but with my fiances parents recent ailing health, may put it off til next August. I did find a dress...just havent bought it yet!
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 298
Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
Oh! and as far as the wine...I guess just a social thing and something I enjoy with dinner. I think wiz can relate. I really dont have a sweet tooth, so I can watch people eat dessert all day and it doesnt phase me. Junk food too...I really do enjoy eating healthy. But when everyone else orders a drink before dinner after a long day at work, I will be tempted! We kinda go out for "drinks", and then get dinner with them...lol, anyone know what I mean? Anyways, trying to plan ahead and get in the mindset to order water with lemon. Worst case scenario...I will order only one glass, make it last the evening, and get right back OP in the morning...phase 1.5 for a day? LOL
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:32 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
I enjoy a glass of wine after a hard day (an honest 6oz pour) or if I am out, I'll have some. As long as I stay hydrated and make good choices, it isn't impacting me at this time.

We have had SO much snow! We had a snow day yesterday and tonight should be another crazy event with 4-8" of snow WITH ice. *sigh*

I'm down a pound and doing well. South Beach Diet mailing list had another PDF of free recipes, all desserts just in time for Valentine's Day. Anyone else on their mailing list?
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:09 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 298
Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
We are buried with another foot of snow here in Boston glitter...this winter is never ending!
As soon as I cut out the wine, the pounds melt off. Its definately just a once in a while treat I can enjoy.
Im gonna weigh myself in the morning, that will be my one week mark. Feeling kinda bloated though...maybe a female thing
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:02 AM   #6
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,629
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Ah, Glitter and Buckhuntress - my wine buddies!! Here's my thing, I am fine with 1 glass. It doesn't seem to impact me with weight loss or, even worse, trigger cravings. The problem is when I have more than 1 glass. Because as we all know, that really starts adding empty calories and I get hungry, especially at night.

Bottom line: use common sense and show restraint. Which to be honest, is the whole SBD mantra. SBD doesn't say never, ever eat these foods again. It says to eat them sparingly (i.e. like a once a year piece of Mom's pumpkin pie!)

I am off to Belgium tomorrow for work - Antwerp and Brussels! Since the national foods are chocolate, beer and frites (French fries), it could be tough going on the eating front. But I am really looking forward to exploring a new country. I've only ever been through Belgium via train before...

I will try to check in, but my guess is you guys are not going to want to hear what I am eating while there.
__________________
2014 is a new chapter in my journey...I am eager to embrace the changes coming my way and make it work.

2014 Running Miles: 280
2014 Walking Miles: 278
2014 Biking Miles: 441
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:41 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,447
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Wiz, you know I live vicariously through you. Just do a running blog.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:32 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 298
Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
Weighed in this morning, down 4 lbs after 1 week of phase 1,1.5. I will take it
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:34 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,447
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
Weighed in this morning, down 4 lbs after 1 week of phase 1,1.5. I will take it
Sounds like all that planning paid off.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:20 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
This snow is too much. I have been WFH a lot, daughter was sick a few days and missing a routine.

I am so excited that next week will be warmer. Looking forward to going outside!
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,447
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
We have had two weeks or so of crazy weather, nothing like yours, though. The worst of it went south and east of us. I just wasn't mentally or emotionally prepared to deal with ice, frozen water, no power, so I'm declaring the weather angels nudged it off track a bit. Normally I love winter, but this year I've just felt worried. Happy it's warming up for you. In the midst of this, I got croup from somewhere and have been in bed for this is the fourth day. At least I have a three day weekend to finish recuperating.
__________________
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
If you're Knitting, you're not Eating!

~*~*~Proud Knitter For~*~*~
The Ships Project- Supporting America's Troops
Deployed in the War on Terror-
One stitch at a time!
http://www.theshipsproject.com
]
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:42 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Virgina
Posts: 74
Gallery: teridanny
Stats: 191.5/184/170ish?
WOE: Sugarbusters/SB
Start Date: Feb. 8, 2014
Hi guys - I`m new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I just did a quick intro on the main LCF board.

I have not ever done a LC diet before, except once I did induction Atkins for 2 weeks and was nautious and sick the whole time.. My go to has always been WW! But, I just got bloodwork back from my doctor and my A1C (3mo. blood sugar ) is high. And, she said to watch my carbs.

I have to learn what that means.

I also know that I can not do the 2 week induction as NO carbs makes me sick. So I am going to start with the SB2. In my recent reading it seems to be very similar to the Sugarbusters approach. Is that correct?

Does anyone also count calories? Or should I assume that 3 meals (no seconds) and 2 snacks a day are limiting enough?

Anyway, Im glad to have a plan - Now I need the support! I need help - I love sugar!

Is this the right place to post questions about doing this SB thing right?

I need you to help me reach my 1st goal - 185# by my 40th Birthday.....
teridanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:32 PM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,447
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by teridanny View Post
Hi guys - I`m new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I just did a quick intro on the main LCF board.

I have not ever done a LC diet before, except once I did induction Atkins for 2 weeks and was nautious and sick the whole time.. My go to has always been WW! But, I just got bloodwork back from my doctor and my A1C (3mo. blood sugar ) is high. And, she said to watch my carbs.

I have to learn what that means.

I also know that I can not do the 2 week induction as NO carbs makes me sick. So I am going to start with the SB2. In my recent reading it seems to be very similar to the Sugarbusters approach. Is that correct?

Does anyone also count calories? Or should I assume that 3 meals (no seconds) and 2 snacks a day are limiting enough?

Anyway, Im glad to have a plan - Now I need the support! I need help - I love sugar!

Is this the right place to post questions about doing this SB thing right?

I need you to help me reach my 1st goal - 185# by my 40th Birthday.....
You are in the right place. I'm not sure what you mean by no carbs though, because you get quite a few grams of carbohydrates in phase 1, just no grains, fruits or starchy vegetables. If you did Atkins induction with just protein and fats and not the suggested vegetables, then yes, people often feel sick at first.

If you have the book, that will be your best guide as to how/what/when to eat and you can ask questions here to refine your menus. Best South Beach wishes!
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:51 AM   #14
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,629
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Good morning Beachers!!

I am back from Belgium, we loved both Antwerp and Brussels - although they are very different cities. The less said about my eating, the better. Although I will say the chocolate, beer and frites (French fries) in Belgium are absolutely as good as everyone says!

I am doing a 6-week nose-to-the-grindstone, back to basics boot camp! Off to the grocery store this morning and am looking forward to it. Loading up on veggies and other good stuff.

No travel (I hope...) for the next 2 weeks so I plan on being on Phase 1 through the end of the month.

Rose, I certainly hope you are feeling better and are taking good care of yourself.

Teridanny, welcome!!

I am enclosing a photo of us out in Brussels on Valentine's Day!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0810.jpg (49.1 KB, 10 views)
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:22 AM   #15
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,629
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Boot Camp Day 1:

B: Egg Beaters, with small chicken breakfast sausage (Al Fresco), 1/2 oz skim Mozz, and salsa
S: Greek Yogurt
L: Huge spring mix salad, with tuna, celery, and red peppers. NSA fudgsicle
S: Celery and laughing cow wedge
D: Boneless pork chop pizziola (petite diced tomatoes, with splash of balsamic, fennel seed, oregano) and sautéed spinach with garlic.
Cup of herbal tea

And of course, lots of water!!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:23 PM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,447
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Wiz. your Valentine picture. What fun that Joe could go with you!

Boot camp looks good!

I need to hit the grocery store tonight if I'm not too tired. I'm out ot veggies.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:48 PM   #17
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,629
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Rose, it was awesome having Joe with me!! I wasn't sure how it would work having him with me on a business trip, but he was very self-sufficient while I was working. Not to mention I loved having him heave my roller bag into the overhead for me.



Boot camp Day 2:

3 mile run (after it snowed, then the sun came out and it went up to 46 this afternoon!! NJ weather. LOL)

B: sliced leftover pork chop with tomatoes, roasted red peppers
S: Greek Yogurt
L: Spring mix salad with chicken, a pinch of mayo, tons of celery and grape tomatoes. NSA Fudgsicle.
S: I missed it because I went running.
D: Very yummy casserole with shredded poached chicken, loads of broccoli, dab mayo, dab sour cream, splash of marsala wine, and herbs topped with small handful RF Colby jack. Cup of NSA hot cocoa

And yes, lots of water!!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:29 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Virgina
Posts: 74
Gallery: teridanny
Stats: 191.5/184/170ish?
WOE: Sugarbusters/SB
Start Date: Feb. 8, 2014
Ok - I had a pretty good day staying on plan...

I am just now on or aroud day 10 in my journey to figure out how to make this a sustainable lifestyle! I`m thirsty! So thirsty! Anone know why? I would normally have to force myself to drink 2 of my 24oz tervis cups of water..... really, some days I would only get 1 down.

Eating this way I am thirsty - parched - I just filled my tervis cup up for the 5th time? It has been this way for about a week now. If anyone knows why please let me know... thx
teridanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:25 AM   #19
Junior LCF Member
 
TerriLW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1
Gallery: TerriLW
Stats: 248/248/155
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: February 2014
Ready to get started

Hi! I just started SBD P1 today. I have ALOT of weight to get rid of. I did SB in 2007 and did really well on it, I guess I fell off the wagon and hit my head pretty hard. It's taken me a bit to get back on.

My husband is waiting to be tested for Gluten Intolerance. He's giving up on all wheat so that will help (however he still will have tortilla chips and dip - too tempting lol).

I've been lurking and this appears to be a great place for support
TerriLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:45 AM   #20
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,447
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Rose, it was awesome having Joe with me!! I wasn't sure how it would work having him with me on a business trip, but he was very self-sufficient while I was working. Not to mention I loved having him heave my roller bag into the overhead for me.



Boot camp Day 2:

3 mile run (after it snowed, then the sun came out and it went up to 46 this afternoon!! NJ weather. LOL)

B: sliced leftover pork chop with tomatoes, roasted red peppers
S: Greek Yogurt
L: Spring mix salad with chicken, a pinch of mayo, tons of celery and grape tomatoes. NSA Fudgsicle.
S: I missed it because I went running.
D: Very yummy casserole with shredded poached chicken, loads of broccoli, dab mayo, dab sour cream, splash of marsala wine, and herbs topped with small handful RF Colby jack. Cup of NSA hot cocoa

And yes, lots of water!!
What better reason to take a husband with you, right?


Yummy menu!
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:19 AM   #21
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,629
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriLW View Post
Hi! I just started SBD P1 today. I have ALOT of weight to get rid of. I did SB in 2007 and did really well on it, I guess I fell off the wagon and hit my head pretty hard. It's taken me a bit to get back on.

My husband is waiting to be tested for Gluten Intolerance. He's giving up on all wheat so that will help (however he still will have tortilla chips and dip - too tempting lol).

I've been lurking and this appears to be a great place for support
Welcome Terri!!

Rose, LOL!

Got a 4-mile run in this morning before the rain started. Yea! FYI. Feeling a little hungry today, so upping the water and just shoved some SF gum in my mouth.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #22
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,629
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Day 3 of Boot Camp was okay...I had a small glass of red wine.

B: Egg beaters with chicken breakfast sausage, red pepper, tomato and skim mozz
S: Greek Yogurt
L: Leftover chicken and broccoli casserole
S: 1 oz RF cheddar and sun dried tomatoes
D: hamburger (no roll) with bruschetta topping and side salad, along with the aforementioned red wine (this was at 2 for 1 burger night at a local pub!)

Today is going well. I just home from a long customer meeting and eating has been OP. No exercise today, however. I'll have to make up for it tomorrow!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:33 AM   #23
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,629
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Day 4 Boot camp:

B: Egg beaters with tomatoes, 1 chicken breakfast sausage and 1/2 oz skim mozz
S: None, was at a meeting
L: Tuscany salad (at a restaurant): spring mix, chicken, thin strips of eggplant (a little bit of breading), tomatoes, red peppers, balsamic dressing and small WW roll.
S: None, still at meeting
D: Oven Roasted chicken breasts (on bone) in broth of 1/2 cup vegetable broth, 1/2 cup balsamic, 1 TB Dijon mustard, chopped garlic, rosemary, oregano and topped with jar of artichoke hearts and jar of roasted red peppers. (great pantry dinner when you don't have any fresh veggies in the house!) Greek Yogurt

For today, I just finished up a 4-mile run in very foggy conditions! I couldn't see the ocean from the boardwalk.

The biggest thing I have done this week is eliminate night-time snacking. We've been eating dinner a bit later since my husband doesn't have to get up at 3 AM for work anymore, and I think that has really helped me.

TGIF!! Let's see if I can keep up the good work over the weekend. It's always tough for me...
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Virgina
Posts: 74
Gallery: teridanny
Stats: 191.5/184/170ish?
WOE: Sugarbusters/SB
Start Date: Feb. 8, 2014
wiz - Great job in Boot Camp! I am impressed that you are able to run.

I have not started running again since I started this new WOE! It seems all of my energy is going in to figuring this out! And I have a lot less energy than I used to when I was fueling with sugar! I have heard that will change - hoping real soon here!

Dinner question: I want to make Cranberry chicken using an old recipe..... It has both Chili Sauce and canned Whole Berry Cran Sauce - both of which have HFCorn Syrup in the ingredients.... It is used to cook the chicken and as a sauce over rice... If I make the old recipe(DH and Kids love it) can I eat a piece of chicken and plain basmati rice? and still be eating on plan? Currently I do not crave sugar - and in NO way do I want those sugar cravings to come back!
teridanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:23 AM   #25
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,629
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by teridanny View Post
wiz - Great job in Boot Camp! I am impressed that you are able to run.

I have not started running again since I started this new WOE! It seems all of my energy is going in to figuring this out! And I have a lot less energy than I used to when I was fueling with sugar! I have heard that will change - hoping real soon here!

Dinner question: I want to make Cranberry chicken using an old recipe..... It has both Chili Sauce and canned Whole Berry Cran Sauce - both of which have HFCorn Syrup in the ingredients.... It is used to cook the chicken and as a sauce over rice... If I make the old recipe(DH and Kids love it) can I eat a piece of chicken and plain basmati rice? and still be eating on plan? Currently I do not crave sugar - and in NO way do I want those sugar cravings to come back!
In my mind, those are both No-No's on SBD! I do occasionally have some chili sauce with shrimp cocktail, but really small amounts (like a TB). Honestly I would avoid that recipe, especially so early on in your SBD journey. The key to my success has been to find alternatives to some of the sweet or carby ingredients I used to cook with.

Some times you find that there are foods or recipes that just don't convert to being SBD friendly. This may be one of them. If I had to take a shot at it, maybe NSA ketchup, plain horseradish, and some sugar free jam? Although I don't really use products like that myself, it maybe okay.

Good luck!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:55 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Virgina
Posts: 74
Gallery: teridanny
Stats: 191.5/184/170ish?
WOE: Sugarbusters/SB
Start Date: Feb. 8, 2014
wiz - I thougt they were big NO NO's! I like your idea of tweaking recipies, but I just think I need to find new ones. I really love the sound of what you have planned for dinner! This is a whole new world for me, I really think it will take some time to build new go-to easy meals. I also would like my DH - 7 children (16-5yrs.old)- and the live in Grandad - to eat the same meal/s I do for dinner. I don't want to make more than 1 dinner. So tonight b/c of all the running around, I went with the cranberry chicken - I will wipe mine as clean as I can! (I know it will not be eating on plan)... I will try to plan better next week.

And - I hope you have a good weekend - You can stay on plan! Well - you can stay in Boot Camp which is a whole lot different when looking at a weekend ... but you can do it!
teridanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:47 AM   #27
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,629
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by teridanny View Post
wiz - I thougt they were big NO NO's! I like your idea of tweaking recipies, but I just think I need to find new ones. I really love the sound of what you have planned for dinner! This is a whole new world for me, I really think it will take some time to build new go-to easy meals. I also would like my DH - 7 children (16-5yrs.old)- and the live in Grandad - to eat the same meal/s I do for dinner. I don't want to make more than 1 dinner. So tonight b/c of all the running around, I went with the cranberry chicken - I will wipe mine as clean as I can! (I know it will not be eating on plan)... I will try to plan better next week.

And - I hope you have a good weekend - You can stay on plan! Well - you can stay in Boot Camp which is a whole lot different when looking at a weekend ... but you can do it!
I like to make dinners where I can use the leftovers for lunches (or even breakfasts!) So the roasted balsamic chicken dinner I made on Thursday gave me leftover veggies for use in my omelet yesterday morning and chicken to use in salads for lunch. In in the colder months, I like to make things in my crockpot on Sundays (stews, soups, chilis, etc. ) and get a second night of dinner out of it on Mondays (for some reason, I am never motivated to cook dinner on Mondays....).

A big favorite here, with kids and adults alike, is Pulled Pork. You can eat it in a bowl, your family can have theirs on a roll. Great with home-made SBD friendly coleslaw.

Pulled Pork in Crockpot

I typically make this with about 3 to 3.5 lbs lbs of meat and double all the other ingredients. It freezes well.

2 lbs pork loin roast, fat trimmed off
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup vinegar (I prefer cider vinegar)
1 packet Splenda (optional, I don't use it)
1 TB Worcestershire sauce
1/2 TB red pepper flakes
salt, pepper

Put in crockpot on low for 8 to 10 hours. Remove pork, shred and put back in sauce.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #28
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,447
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Wiz, I need to take something to a fundraiser and that recipe is ideal. Pork loin stays on sale here for $1.99/lb and I could cook it at work and have it ready right then!
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:02 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 298
Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
6 weeks of boot camp? not a bad idea wiz...maybe I should try that. Have you weighed yourself? How is that going?
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:29 AM   #30
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,629
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
6 weeks of boot camp? not a bad idea wiz...maybe I should try that. Have you weighed yourself? How is that going?
I haven't weighed in yet. I was doing daily weighing, and I thought I would try this a bit differently. I will be weighing in this coming Friday.

I took one meal off...Saturday night dinner. I didn't go nuts, but it clearly wasn't "boot camp" material. But the rest of the weekend was very much OP.

And my exercise has been going well: 2 brisk 5-mile walks over the weekend, a 5-mile run today, plus 2 hours of yard work on Saturday.

I will be taking next Saturday night dinner "off" too as we will be in Philadelphia for Flyers/Rangers game, dinner and hotel. It was a Christmas gift. And that strategy seems to work for me. No desserts or anything like that, but if I decide to have a bite of baked potato - I'm not stressing over one dinner throughout a really OP week of eating.

Rose, I make that pulled pork for a big party we throw every year and every last drop gets eaten up!!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.