Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   South Beach Diet (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/south-beach-diet/)
-   -   October (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/south-beach-diet/813206-october.html)

rose1 09-30-2013 06:47 PM

October

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...utumnBeach.jpg

Carry on

Gmomof7 09-30-2013 07:04 PM

Just found out my mother-in-law's biopsy shows that she has lung cancer. And she's never smoked. Still waiting to hear results from my daughter's tests.

Berta48 09-30-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmomof7 (Post 16625087)
Just found out my mother-in-law's biopsy shows that she has lung cancer. And she's never smoked. Still waiting to hear results from my daughter's tests.

So sorry to hear this:(.Will pray it is treatable:aprayer:.And keep us informed on your daughter too. Prayers for you and family.:aprayer:

Gmomof7 09-30-2013 08:53 PM

Thank you, Berta! Hugs!

Jericrop 10-01-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

So sorry to hear this!!! :( Will send good thoughts your way....Praying for the best test results for your daughter too...

Jeri

Fit2010 10-01-2013 08:26 AM

Beautiful Fall photo, Rose!

GMOM - It is nice to know that we can care for and pray for each other, though we've never met face to face!

Gmomof7 10-01-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericrop (Post 16625391)
So sorry to hear this!!! :( Will send good thoughts your way....Praying for the best test results for your daughter too...

Jeri

:hugs: Jeri-thanks! I appreciate it! Hopefully we'll find out soon.

Jericrop 10-01-2013 08:48 AM

Staying on task!!! 2 egg whites, cheese stick, hummus, red pepper strips and coffee for breakfast. Snack, Almonds
Lunch, salad, im. crab, water

Preparing food to bring to my daughter's house for my super tonight. I get to babysit....:)
Chicken breast, salad, FF cottage cheese. :)

Gmomof7 10-01-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fit2010 (Post 16625792)

GMOM - It is nice to know that we can care for and pray for each other, though we've never met face to face!

Thank you very much for your prayers! :hugs: Yes, you're so right about that! I feel the ladies here have become friends!

Gmomof7 10-01-2013 08:55 AM

Went to inlaws house this morning to see if we should stay home but they both said we should go as they're not sure what treatment she'll need yet. MIL has 4 dr appts this week so we're waiting to see what the others say. So we're on our way to Ga to visit with our daughter. We didn't tell her about her grandmother yet. My DH wants us to wait to tell her when we see her. She's expecting us because we have camping reservations in Tenn this month and was hoping to spend two weeks with her beforehand.

rose1 10-01-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

So sorry for such sad news. I'll add her to my prayers.

Gmomof7 10-01-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fit2010 (Post 16625792)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose1 (Post 16626104)
So sorry for such sad news. I'll add her to my prayers.

Thank you, Rose! :hugs:

wiz 10-01-2013 01:02 PM

Greetings from Ottawa! I'm up here on business.

The weather is unbelievable for Canada this time of year. It was 80 degrees at lunch, we ate outside (salad with chicken :D). But tonight is our fancy dinner out, so who knows what I'll be ordering...I hope there are some good OP choices.

GMom, Jeri: so sorry to hear about all the troubles in your families. Wow, that's a lot to take in. Sending good thoughts your way.

Rose, thanks for getting us going in October!

Hope everyone else is doing well. :cool:

Gmomof7 10-01-2013 01:36 PM

Great news!! My daughter's tests results came back and they're negative!! Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes!!

rose1 10-01-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmomof7 (Post 16626294)
Great news!! My daughter's tests results came back and they're negative!! Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes!!

Such good news. :clap:

gailbayne 10-01-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Thanks be to God!! So Happy for the wonderful news!:jumpjoy:

Berta48 10-01-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

:jumpjoy::sing::clap::up: :sing: :shake::love:

wiz 10-02-2013 05:11 AM

Quote:

Wonderful news!!

Another beautiful day in Ottawa, just came back from a great run watching the sun come up. But I'm off to work now....

Jericrop 10-02-2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

I just breathed a sigh of relief for you and your family!:) Soooo happy for you and your daughter. :jumpjoy: Very frightening for you all.
Now you can focus your thoughts on mom in law.
Good news!!

Jericrop 10-02-2013 05:22 AM

Stress can knock us all for a loop, but trying to not "stress eat"....
Fell off the wagon but the last 2 days stayed on task...planning on another day of good eating.....Do wish I had a personal chef though...:)

Have a happy and healthy day!!!!

gailbayne 10-02-2013 07:37 AM

Hi all
Today is my last appointment with the eye surgeon (hopefully)!! Things have been going well for me, overall. Some days of irritation and blurry vision, but those are unusual. I have been using the readers for close up work like sewing and reading. At first, I got a tremendous headache from this, but that is easing off. I will be glad to have regular glasses that I wear all the time. (Spending a lot of time trying to track down the readers, remembering where I had them last. Ha Ha) Eating is still not totally on plan. Just have to make up my mind to do it.

My sister, who has been widowed for almost 4 years, has announced her engagement to a very nice man that we all like. She and her husband had been friends with he and his wife for over 30 years. When he lost his wife last year, they gravitated together as friends of long standing. Friendship became something deeper and he has asked her to marry him. We could not be happier.

The wedding will be in 6 months, so I better find my motivation. I need to pick myself up and get busy!!

Jericrop 10-02-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gailbayne (Post 16627164)
Hi all
Today is my last appointment with the eye surgeon (hopefully)!! Things have been going well for me, overall. Some days of irritation and blurry vision, but those are unusual. I have been using the readers for close up work like sewing and reading. At first, I got a tremendous headache from this, but that is easing off. I will be glad to have regular glasses that I wear all the time. (Spending a lot of time trying to track down the readers, remembering where I had them last. Ha Ha) Eating is still not totally on plan. Just have to make up my mind to do it.

My sister, who has been widowed for almost 4 years, has announced her engagement to a very nice man that we all like. She and her husband had been friends with he and his wife for over 30 years. When he lost his wife last year, they gravitated together as friends of long standing. Friendship became something deeper and he has asked her to marry him. We could not be happier.

The wedding will be in 6 months, so I better find my motivation. I need to pick myself up and get busy!!

Penny,
Did you look for your readers on top of your head??? That is where I leave them all the time...lol
Congrats to the sis. We will help to keep you motivated!!! :) Weddings are too much fun!!

Fit2010 10-02-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericrop (Post 16626938)
I just breathed a sigh of relief for you and your family!:) Soooo happy for you and your daughter. :jumpjoy: Very frightening for you all.
Now you can focus your thoughts on mom in law.
Good news!!

Me too!! So happy for you! Hallelujah! :jumpjoy:

gailbayne 10-02-2013 08:36 PM

Had some not so good news today at the Dr. appointment. I have to have more surgery on the left eye. The implant is not placed correctly and the pressure in the eye is not coming down. I will go to the hospital tomorrow and they will either reposition the implant, or they will replace it with another one, depending on how it looks and how much has healed over. I was not a happy camper when I heard this. Oh well, this too shall pass, I suppose. But really?? Another surgery??? This has been a real pain in my ---eye!!! (You thought I was going to say something else, didn't you???) Believe me, I thought about it!!!

Jericrop 10-03-2013 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gailbayne (Post 16628132)
Had some not so good news today at the Dr. appointment. I have to have more surgery on the left eye. The implant is not placed correctly and the pressure in the eye is not coming down. I will go to the hospital tomorrow and they will either reposition the implant, or they will replace it with another one, depending on how it looks and how much has healed over. I was not a happy camper when I heard this. Oh well, this too shall pass, I suppose. But really?? Another surgery??? This has been a real pain in my ---eye!!! (You thought I was going to say something else, didn't you???) Believe me, I thought about it!!!

:lol: Boy, what a pain. This time it will be done right. Health is number one and you will feel great when this is done...
Wishing you the best!!!!!:console:

Jericrop 10-03-2013 04:46 AM

Another day down, but I did have a little ice cream last night. :(

Walking home from work tonight cuz son has car til he gets a new one. Good exercise, but suppose to rain. Not going to melt I guess!! :)

Happy, Healthy Eating everyone. MOVE today....I will be!!

Would love to hear how you are all doing on your SB and how are you moving??

Berta48 10-03-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gailbayne (Post 16628132)

Penny
I am so sorry to hear this.Please know you are in my prayers.This too shall pass.But I do understand how discouraging this would be:aprayer:May our Lord watch over you and keep you in his care.:love:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericrop (Post 16628285)
Another day down, but I did have a little ice cream last night. :(

Walking home from work tonight cuz son has car til he gets a new one. Good exercise, but suppose to rain. Not going to melt I guess!! :)

Happy, Healthy Eating everyone. MOVE today....I will be!!

Would love to hear how you are all doing on your SB and how are you moving??

I am not doing good. I am losing and keep going up from 244 to 246 or even at one point 249:p I am not moving.My RA is really bad with this weather.:down:

makemeslim 10-04-2013 07:27 AM

Hello, I posted a few days back....well, I fell off plan but jumped back on and am now on day 2. I'm going to have another look through the recipe thread for inspiration.:)

gailbayne 10-04-2013 12:57 PM

Hi everyone
Day after surgery and I can't see much out of the left eye. Dr. said it was mor involved this time, he had to replace with a new kind of implant. Eye very sore with stitches. Lots of swelling and tearing. BUT, it is now done RIGHT!! More later, very hard to see the screen. Going to go lay down. Again... Yawn...

rose1 10-04-2013 05:10 PM

Wishing you a quick recovery!