Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Thank you, Rose.
I keep telling myself every day will be a little bit better. I am just sick of something being off with my vision. It's a pain...As you can see, patience is not my strong suit!!!
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Dropping by to say hello. It's quiet around here....guess it's the weekend.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:18 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
Hey Everyone!! I am back after 9 days away! The scale is up, I really enjoyed myself.. got in some exercise with a lot of stairs, walking, snorkeling, swimming, 'flow riding' on a FlowRider. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance (we took a Royal Caribbean cruise on Allure of the Seas to the Eastern Caribbean)

I did my best while away but what's most important is that I am here, checking in and going to do a week or so of Phase 1 to get back on track. Hope all is well, I'll catch up during lunch
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back, Glitter. So glad you had a great time. I need to find my motivation again. Still struggling with the eye situation. Had more surgery Friday. What a pain...
Old 10-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #35
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
Hey Everyone!! I am back after 9 days away! The scale is up, I really enjoyed myself.. got in some exercise with a lot of stairs, walking, snorkeling, swimming, 'flow riding' on a FlowRider. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance (we took a Royal Caribbean cruise on Allure of the Seas to the Eastern Caribbean)

I did my best while away but what's most important is that I am here, checking in and going to do a week or so of Phase 1 to get back on track. Hope all is well, I'll catch up during lunch
WELCOME BACK I have missed you!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Welcome back, Glitter. So glad you had a great time. I need to find my motivation again. Still struggling with the eye situation. Had more surgery Friday. What a pain...
Glad you are on the mend.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Dropping by to say hello. It's quiet around here....guess it's the weekend.
Howdy
Quote:
I just read that! With all the discomfort and how long it was taking to heal, something just seemed wrong. I hope you heal well now that it looks to finally be all correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
WELCOME BACK I have missed you!!!!
Aww, thank you Glad to see all of you still here and doing your best!!

I didn't have time to grocery shop last night so I went to the grocery story at lunch to get lunch and snacks. Chicken breast, roasted brussel sprouts with strips of zucchini & peppers. I got some plain FF yogurt, ham, LF cheese and raw sugar snap peas. The cheese, ham and sugar snap peas are so good all rolled up dipped into some spicy mustard (mixing mustard and a little yogurt isn't bad either)

Need to make up a grocery list, gotta watch the budget. We spent a bit more than I expected (not going to complain, my DH got me diamond earrings and a set of Larimar)
Old 10-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #37
Berta48

Quote:
Howdy

I just read that! With all the discomfort and how long it was taking to heal, something just seemed wrong. I hope you heal well now that it looks to finally be all correct.

I didn't have time to grocery shop last night so I went to the grocery story at lunch to get lunch and snacks. Chicken breast, roasted brussel sprouts with strips of zucchini & peppers. I got some plain FF yogurt, ham, LF cheese and raw sugar snap peas. The cheese, ham and sugar snap peas are so good all rolled up dipped into some spicy mustard (mixing mustard and a little yogurt isn't bad either)

Need to make up a grocery list, gotta watch the budget. We spent a bit more than I expected (not going to complain, my DH got me diamond earrings and a set of Larimar)
WOWHave to ask what are Larimar I do know what diamonds are however even though I've never had any
Old 10-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
WOWHave to ask what are Larimar I do know what diamonds are however even though I've never had any

Quote:
Larimar is a stone only found in the Dominican Republic. I have no pictures of me wearing it we have to get the professional pictures from the ship
the picture is big so I'll leave a link http://wingsofdreamsshop.com/wp-cont...08/larimar.JPG

I had a rough evening, my daughter was very upset going to bed. Usually she'll whimper a little bit and then lay down but last night was so different, we didn't let her cry as she didn't sound okay. Needless to say it was a very long evening so I didn't get to grocery shop.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #39
Berta48

Quote:
Larimar is a stone only found in the Dominican Republic. I have no pictures of me wearing it we have to get the professional pictures from the ship
the picture is big so I'll leave a link http://wingsofdreamsshop.com/wp-cont...08/larimar.JPG

I had a rough evening, my daughter was very upset going to bed. Usually she'll whimper a little bit and then lay down but last night was so different, we didn't let her cry as she didn't sound okay. Needless to say it was a very long evening so I didn't get to grocery shop.
So very pretty. What is wrong with your daughter how old is she? I hope she is better today. Will be praying for you and your family.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #40
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hello all!!

Things are hectic here between work and personal stuff. I go to London on Saturday night for a week of business. It's always a challenge to get all my meetings organized, clothes packed for the always changing UK weather , and girding up for a couple of long plane flights.

Glitter, sounds like a GREAT trip. Good for you!!

Penny, sorry to hear about the continuing eye troubles...hang in there!

How's everyone else doing??

I am making Mexi stuffed peppers tonight for dinner. Ground turkey, spinach, onion, fresh cilantro, salsa, and some cheddar jack cheese baked in roasted red pepper halves. Yum!

I also made a "quiche" today from leftover grilled veggies (eggplant, squash, and yellow peppers) with some halved grape tomatoes, fresh basil and oregano, and skim mozz.

I love being at home and getting to cook...so much of my time is spent on the road for work and eating in restaurants.

2014 Running Miles: 255
2014 Walking Miles: 273
2014 Biking Miles: 412
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #41
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Wow, Wiz. You are always so busy. I still envy your travels, but but I'm sure it's great to be home after it's over. The quiche sounds delicious!
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #42
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Hello all!!

Things are hectic here between work and personal stuff. I go to London on Saturday night for a week of business. It's always a challenge to get all my meetings organized, clothes packed for the always changing UK weather , and girding up for a couple of long plane flights.

I am making Mexi stuffed peppers tonight for dinner. Ground turkey, spinach, onion, fresh cilantro, salsa, and some cheddar jack cheese baked in roasted red pepper halves. Yum!

I also made a "quiche" today from leftover grilled veggies (eggplant, squash, and yellow peppers) with some halved grape tomatoes, fresh basil and oregano, and skim mozz.

I love being at home and getting to cook...so much of my time is spent on the road for work and eating in restaurants.
Wiz
I am strugeling but hanging in there.Quitting isn't even an option this time.
I bought an eggplant and a squash but don't know what to do with themWas thinking of eggplant parmesan and the squash no ideaMaybe just bake it with some sugar twin and light butter.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Sounds like you had a great holiday! It's not easy being on plan when on your hols.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Howdy

Howdy. lucky you, how nice! Was it an anniversary?
Old 10-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hello all!!

I'm a Londoner....pop in and say hi.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #46
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wiz
I bought an eggplant and a squash but don't know what to do with themWas thinking of eggplant parmesan and the squash no ideaMaybe just bake it with some sugar twin and light butter.
Berta, I think we all have times when we struggle and then have to really put our nose to the grindstone to get back on board. The key is to think about your health and well-being, right?

I like to cut eggplant into lengthwise strips and bake them with a little olive oil. Once they are really soft, I let them cool and then I stuff/roll them with a bit of skim ricotta, spinach and roasted red pepper. Reheat them when ready to eat.

What kind of squash did you buy? Yellow, green, butternut, etc? I make those all different ways depending on the type.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #47
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Wow, Wiz. You are always so busy. I still envy your travels, but but I'm sure it's great to be home after it's over. The quiche sounds delicious!
Rose, I am at the point where I am starting to really crave retirement!! But then I say to myself, what the heck would I do all day long?? I'd love to walk away from my corporate job in about 2 years and do something totally different that doesn't involve a desk, business travel, etc. We'll see...
Old 10-09-2013, 08:38 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello all!!

sounds like a good quiche!

Quote:
Wiz
I am not much a fan of eggplant but I'll take any squash, split it in half and roast it in the oven. Any recipe for roasting on google will work just fine

I dropped 6 of the 9lbs I picked up on vacation, that is A LOT of water!! holy cow!

As far as my daughter, she's 21 months old.. I think she's having trouble at night b/c we were away. Took us over 2 hours to get her to bed last night. We'll be keeping her up a little later tonight to see if that helps calm her down.

Last edited by glitterific; 10-09-2013 at 08:39 AM..
Old 10-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #49
Berta48

Quote:
sounds like a good quiche!

I am not much a fan of eggplant but I'll take any squash, split it in half and roast it in the oven. Any recipe for roasting on google will work just fine

I dropped 6 of the 9lbs I picked up on vacation, that is A LOT of water!! holy cow!

As far as my daughter, she's 21 months old.. I think she's having trouble at night b/c we were away. Took us over 2 hours to get her to bed last night. We'll be keeping her up a little later tonight to see if that helps calm her down.
That is alot of water, but aren't you happy it wasn't fat I am back down today from 248 to 245 but I have really been trying and tracking. I didn't know how old your dasughter was she's just a baby. She'll grow out of it.
Quote:
Berta, I think we all have times when we struggle and then have to really put our nose to the grindstone to get back on board. The key is to think about your health and well-being, right?

I like to cut eggplant into lengthwise strips and bake them with a little olive oil. Once they are really soft, I let them cool and then I stuff/roll them with a bit of skim ricotta, spinach and roasted red pepper. Reheat them when ready to eat.

What kind of squash did you buy? Yellow, green, butternut, etc? I make those all different ways depending on the type.
It is yellow so I dont know what kind it is.I love butternut with brown sugar and butter But I know that is out unless I use brown sugar Twin or SF maple syrup and light butter or Smart Balance.

That sounds like a neat idea with the eggplant. I like it with cheese too though and don't like cooked peppers.But it would probably still be good without the peppers.

I plan on making cabbage rolls one night this week
Old 10-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #50

Quote:
Rose, I am at the point where I am starting to really crave retirement!! But then I say to myself, what the heck would I do all day long?? I'd love to walk away from my corporate job in about 2 years and do something totally different that doesn't involve a desk, business travel, etc. We'll see...
Garden, ride your bike on the beach, read, take up needlework, take up sailing, travel , volunteer, open a restaurant......................
Old 10-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #51
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Garden, ride your bike on the beach, read, take up needlework, take up sailing, travel , volunteer, open a restaurant......................
Oh doesn't that sound wonderful!!

Well, except for the needlework part. My Mom has been trying to get me to knit, cross-stitch, crewel, crochet, etc. for years. And I always say if my hand are empty, I'm picking up a book to read - not doing needlework!!

My Mom just knitted me a nifty little wrap that's been my go-to on plane flights lately. Just the right weight to keep me cozy when flying.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

I always have something in my hands, whether it's a book, knitting needles, crochet hook or something I'm sewing. It has really put a crimp into my hand work having my eyes so screwed up. I didn't realize how much I would miss working with my hands. I still do, but I need to wear readers, and my eyes tire so quickly.

Have I said how much I am looking forward to this all being done with!!!???
Old 10-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #53
Berta48

Quote:
I always have something in my hands, whether it's a book, knitting needles, crochet hook or something I'm sewing. It has really put a crimp into my hand work having my eyes so screwed up. I didn't realize how much I would miss working with my hands. I still do, but I need to wear readers, and my eyes tire so quickly.

HI Penny
It will pass. Remember God is still in control and he is still with you. I am so thankful you are getting better this time.It was to bad having it be done all over again. That would have upset me.

I was not doing well with my eating but I think I have it under control again.I was 248 now this morning I was 245. seems when I see that scale drop I am more determined and when it goes up it is like what's the use? But I know if I quit I would be up to 300 or more in no time. I was almost there last year at 275.8

I fixed a really tasty breakfast yesterday.I had some left over tomatoes and lean ham so I scrambled the eggs and added the ham & tomatoes and some RF cheese and salt & pepper and thyme and it tasted really good to me

Take care and get wll soon. Nice to see you posting again. The what's for dinner thread has died I think

Last edited by Berta48; 10-09-2013 at 03:29 PM..
Old 10-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #54

Quote:

How are you doing? I hope you are improving day by day.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #55

Quote:
Oh doesn't that sound wonderful!!

Well, except for the needlework part. My Mom has been trying to get me to knit, cross-stitch, crewel, crochet, etc. for years. And I always say if my hand are empty, I'm picking up a book to read - not doing needlework!!

My Mom just knitted me a nifty little wrap that's been my go-to on plane flights lately. Just the right weight to keep me cozy when flying.

I love knitted wraps, so soft and cuddly.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #56
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

I love knitted wraps, so soft and cuddly.
Me too...and FYI - not only does my talented Mom knit me beautiful things, she actually sewed my wedding dress! And all the bridesmaids as well. It took her 150 hours to do my dress, much of it hand-sewn. It was stunning!! Sadly, that gene passed me right on by
Old 10-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #57

Quote:
Me too...and FYI - not only does my talented Mom knit me beautiful things, she actually sewed my wedding dress! And all the bridesmaids as well. It took her 150 hours to do my dress, much of it hand-sewn. It was stunning!! Sadly, that gene passed me right on by
You realize that you have to post pictures of said dresses, right?
Old 10-10-2013, 05:19 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

My Mom was an extraordinary seamstress. She made my first wedding dress also. Beee-utiful!! Sadly, it has not passed the test of time. We had it cleaned and sealed after the wedding in 1973. When my niece became engaged 5 years ago, I took it out to show her, and a lot of the hand sewing had fallen apart. Very sad. I think I will use the satin and lace from my gown to make the ring-bearer pillow for my Sister's wedding next year.

I used the fabric from my Mom's wedding dress to make pillows for both my niece and nephew's weddings. They came out great, and are lovely keep-sakes. Also beautiful reminders of their Grandmother, who loved them dearly, but did not live to see them married.

Penny
Old 10-10-2013, 05:25 AM   #59
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
My Mom was an extraordinary seamstress. She made my first wedding dress also. Beee-utiful!! Sadly, it has not passed the test of time. We had it cleaned and sealed after the wedding in 1973. When my niece became engaged 5 years ago, I took it out to show her, and a lot of the hand sewing had fallen apart. Very sad. I think I will use the satin and lace from my gown to make the ring-bearer pillow for my Sister's wedding next year.

I used the fabric from my Mom's wedding dress to make pillows for both my niece and nephew's weddings. They came out great, and are lovely keep-sakes. Also beautiful reminders of their Grandmother, who loved them dearly, but did not live to see them married.
Penny, my MiL made beautiful pillows from my SiL's bridesmaid dress (from my wedding.) It is a lovely keepsake!

And yes, Rose, when I get a chance (ha!) I will scan a photo from my wedding of the lovely dresses and post them.

On the SBD side, it's been a very, very good week of eating for me. I feel great!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday!!

Oh retirement... I'd love to read, knit and all of that. I'd always wished to do sewing but that is just too much money and not enough time right now.

I had a great lunch today, dropped another pound from vacation and planning meals/grocery lists. Have a wonderful weekend! I think we'll be out n about doing some festive fall things.. atleast I need to visit Penzey's spices