Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Heading into Fall

September is here and Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner. Keep on!
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: paulainks
Stats: 215/173.5/129
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 11, 2013
So exciting, can't wait to see what Fall brings.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Paula
paulainks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Well, did pretty well today. Except that I ate a handful too many almonds. Could have been worse! Don't want to hide in my big clothes this Fall.....looking forward to belts in a couple of months!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #4

Belts! That's a big milestone.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Rose - I was able to wear them in 2010 when I'd lost weight at that time....felt so amazing to have a blouse/shirt tucked in instead of trying to hide my belly. I know I can get there again....just gotta put in the work. But that IS a goal!! Guess I could hang belts around where I can see them for a motivation! ha!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Rose - I was able to wear them in 2010 when I'd lost weight at that time....felt so amazing to have a blouse/shirt tucked in instead of trying to hide my belly. I know I can get there again....just gotta put in the work. But that IS a goal!! Guess I could hang belts around where I can see them for a motivation! ha!
Belts on doorknobs, belts on the back of chairs, belts on towel racks................................
Old 09-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
Start Date: June 2013
Feeling good! Just went grocery shopping and bought so many yummy vegetables. Now I have to clean them all...Uggh! Having company tomorrow and made turkey tacos. I found garlic infused red wine vinegar for my salads. So excited to try that. Bought all of the ingredients for turkey meatballs. I will be busy in the kitchen tomorrow morning. Even bought stuff to make DH breakfast burritos to put in the freezer. i think I am over ambitious.....I don't think I will get it all done in the morning, cuz I am sure no little cleaning fairy is coming to my house during the night. Need DH help tomorrow. Enjoy the evening all.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gmomof7
B- no appetite. Am totally burned out on egg beaters and turkey sausage/bacon.

3:00- turnips, pork chops, and brown rice for lunch today. It was my first rice/grain in 3 months.

Snack 6:00- one no sugar added fudgsicle and coffee

D- probably celery stalk with laughing cow light cheese

Not a typical day's menu!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:41 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post

3:00- turnips, pork chops, and brown rice for lunch today. It was my first rice/grain in 3 months.

Wow....glad it's not a typical day's menu!
Have you jazzed up your egg beaters with vegi's, meats, salsa? I like to boil eggs and eat the whites, cheese stick or yogurt, deli turkey, green pepper slices tomato juice. Who says you have to have breakfast foods for breakfast?? Shake it up and have steak and eggs or chicken stirfry. I am going to try some Mini spinach Frittatas (new recipe. Not posting til I try it.

I decided to look at all of the labels I could for spaghetti sauce for sugars. Ahhhhh! Couldn't believe the content. Definitely making home made and freeze it. I did find a pizza sauce with one sugar, MIDS Homestyle Pasta Sauce, Pizza sauce. (that's what the label says) Planning on making my low carb pizza.
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Have you jazzed up your egg beaters with vegi's, meats, salsa? I like to boil eggs and eat the whites, cheese stick or yogurt, deli turkey, green pepper slices tomato juice. Who says you have to have breakfast foods for breakfast?? Shake it up and have steak and eggs or chicken stirfry. I am going to try some Mini spinach Frittatas (new recipe. Not posting til I try it.

I decided to look at all of the labels I could for spaghetti sauce for sugars. Ahhhhh! Couldn't believe the content. Definitely making home made and freeze it. I did find a pizza sauce with one sugar, MIDS Homestyle Pasta Sauce, Pizza sauce. (that's what the label says) Planning on making my low carb pizza.
Breakfast is typical but I normally eat more during the day. Had been having severe muscle cramping a few weeks ago which led to constant throbbing pain in my ankle/foot/groin area. Went to my doctor a week ago and she didn't even look at my foot/leg. just recomended coQ10 which is NOT helping!! Today I'm trying to stay off of it so I've been staying in bed. Haven't cared too much about eating but DH fixed chicken and broccoli and I did eat. I will have try adding something to the eggs for breakfast besides turkey bacon/sausage to jazz it up. I dont like eating heavy in the morning but I might try eating a different kind of meat and a veggiefor breakfast. Thanks for suggestion!
Old 09-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Breakfast is typical but I normally eat more during the day. Had been having severe muscle cramping a few weeks ago which led to constant throbbing pain in my ankle/foot/groin area. Went to my doctor a week ago and she didn't even look at my foot/leg. just recomended coQ10 which is NOT helping!! Today I'm trying to stay off of it so I've been staying in bed. Haven't cared too much about eating but DH fixed chicken and broccoli and I did eat. I will have try adding something to the eggs for breakfast besides turkey bacon/sausage to jazz it up. I dont like eating heavy in the morning but I might try eating a different kind of meat and a veggiefor breakfast. Thanks for suggestion!
Dang, hope you feel better soon.
Make sure you call the doc and tell him it's not working and you have lost your appetite from being in so much pain. wishing you a peaceful nights sleep..
Old 09-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

hey Wiz aka Tracy,
I am making the turkey meatballs for dinner tonight. House smells great. Chilly out today, only 65 - 70 degrees. Feels like fall.
I spent the morning, chopping, slicing and dicing vegetables and putting them in snack size bags. Now I can just grab and go. Making DH breakfast burritos to freeze. All this is a lot of work but it will keep me on task.
Jeri
Old 09-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #13

Quote:
My internet has been out all summer, so I don't have background on your pain. i just want to mention that quite a few drugs have severe muscle/joint pain as a side effect. Maybe investigate your prescriptions, if any.

ETA: It takes a while for COQ10 to provide real, noticeable benefits, so you have to give it time.

Last edited by rose1; 09-02-2013 at 04:03 PM..
Old 09-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
My internet has been out all summer, so I don't have background on your pain. i just want to mention that quite a few drugs have severe muscle/joint pain as a side effect. Maybe investigate your prescriptions, if any.

ETA: It takes a while for COQ10 to provide real, noticeable benefits, so you have to give it time.
Thankfully I don't take many meds but my gyn had put me on altevia once weekly to prevent bone loss and also a low dose estrogen. I stopped both of them after being on about 8 months as altevia's patient info says it can cause this and to call doctor right away if symptoms develop. But all my dr said was to quit taking them and recommended CoQ10 instead. But I'm worried it might be symptoms of a blood clot except there's no swelling. So I'm puzzled as to what to do.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Dang, hope you feel better soon..... wishing you a peaceful nights sleep..
thanks Jeri!
Old 09-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #16
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Quote:
hey Wiz aka Tracy,
I am making the turkey meatballs for dinner tonight. House smells great. Chilly out today, only 65 - 70 degrees. Feels like fall.
I spent the morning, chopping, slicing and dicing vegetables and putting them in snack size bags. Now I can just grab and go. Making DH breakfast burritos to freeze. All this is a lot of work but it will keep me on task.
Jeri
Nice Jeri!! As mentioned, my husband loves them...and he is kind of picky!!

Hey, Gmom, I saw your menu with the parsnips...I have never made them at home, but on Friday night was at a restaurant that had a soup that was mushrooms, parsnips, and lentils in a delicious broth. I need to find that recipe, it was awesome!

Hey Rose, how was your daughter's summer in NJ? Is she back home?

Folks, it's been a good summer, but I am back to the straight and narrow this week. And thankfully my husband is on board too.

2014 Running Miles: 390
2014 Walking Miles: 313
2014 Biking Miles: 513
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Nice Jeri!! As mentioned, my husband loves them...and he is kind of picky!!

Hey, Gmom, I saw your menu with the parsnips...I have never made them at home, but on Friday night was at a restaurant that had a soup that was mushrooms, parsnips, and lentils in a delicious broth. I need to find that recipe, it was awesome!

Hey Rose, how was your daughter's summer in NJ? Is she back home?

Folks, it's been a good summer, but I am back to the straight and narrow this week. And thankfully my husband is on board too.
Wiz! DD got home middle of last week and classes started this week. She is taking 20 credit hours. She loves NJ and Rutherfurd Hall has already snagged her for next summer at twice the money, which still isn't much, but a paid internship at the undergrad level is almost unheard of. Guess what she brought home with her? Besides real bagels? Taylor ham! We are doling the bagels out one at a time, so we each get a half. The plan was to make them last until Christmas.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #18
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Wiz! DD got home middle of last week and classes started this week. She is taking 20 credit hours. She loves NJ and Rutherfurd Hall has already snagged her for next summer at twice the money, which still isn't much, but a paid internship at the undergrad level is almost unheard of. Guess what she brought home with her? Besides real bagels? Taylor ham! We are doling the bagels out one at a time, so we each get a half. The plan was to make them last until Christmas.
LOL on the bagels...there is (literally) something in the water here in the NYC/Philly corridor that makes the best bread/bagels/pizza crust. The difference is kind of unbelievable unless you try it.

Taylor Ham (aka Pork Roll!) is a Jersey staple. Too funny. She's turning into a Jersey Girl . Of course, I'm from Philly originally, so I am more of a Habbersett Scrapple fan myself.

Hey gang, hope everyone has a great week. I'm heading up to NYC on the train for a business trip. Talk you later!!
Old 09-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: paulainks
Stats: 215/173.5/129
Start Date: June 11, 2013
Quote:

When I cut started watching my sugar intake, thats when we started making spaghetti sauce. how can they pack so much sugar and sodium into those cans???

I add a small spoon full of those italian red chili peppers. It adds a real zing.
paulainks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

My DH got an offer on the job!! He has made a counter offer, for more vacation time. I am a little stressed out because of the change in pay, but it is only a little less than he makes now (he can build it back up pretty quickly) and I am back to work (school). So many things to consider and look into, like medical insurance. 60 days before it will kick in with the new job. Still, very excited for him. It will take a lot of stress off from him.

I have been planking. Up to 2 min. now. Tough to do. I have been walking and doing crunches. Checking the scale tomorrow. Had a great on plan day.
hope it pays off...

Paula,
I agree! So much garbage in the canned stuff. I need to make another large batch for the winter. Ate Turkey, spinach meatballs for supper tonight. Put the pizza sauce on them. They were good.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Oh, and I ignored the boxes of large donuts in the lounge today!!! Don't really crave sweets anyway, but feeling good!!

Have a great night all!!
Jeri
Old 09-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

I've stayed true to plan for 2 months, have been to my grandson's birthday party, a friend's birthday party, a vacation, and on Saturday my girlfriends took me out for an early birthday dinner. We went to an Italian restaurant and there was nothing remotely SB except a salad so I had that. My friend usually makes a birthday cake but i stressed to her i was still on my diet so she didn't make one..which i kind of regretted afterwards. LOL. Tomorrow is my birthday and if there will be an opportunity to splurge at least a little, I hope to take it. :-)
Old 09-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh, and I ignored the boxes of large donuts in the lounge today!!! Don't really crave sweets anyway, but feeling good!!

Have a great night all!!
Jeri
Good for you!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #24
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Hello SB Buds
I am home and for the first ime since starting I was bad with my eating.I was good when we ate out but it was the in between things everyone was eating.I had a Starbucks Caramel Frapuchinno almost every day! The weather was 104 -108 every day there!

I am not weighing until Monday so I don't know what I will weigh But I am back on plan and am not wavering!

Quote:

Eat real eggs they aren't even limited unless your Dr says so. Or have you tried the Southwestern egg beaters they are good IMO. Try Jimmy Dean reduced fat sausage so good and 50% less fat than regular sausage! Also Lean Ham or Canadian bacon is good OR Ham and cheese omlete!

Sure hope you feel better really soon

Quote:
I've stayed true to plan for 2 months, have been to my grandson's birthday party, a friend's birthday party, a vacation, and on Saturday my girlfriends took me out for an early birthday dinner. We went to an Italian restaurant and there was nothing remotely SB except a salad so I had that. My friend usually makes a birthday cake but i stressed to her i was still on my diet so she didn't make one..which i kind of regretted afterwards. LOL. Tomorrow is my birthday and if there will be an opportunity to splurge at least a little, I hope to take it. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Well, did pretty well today. Except that I ate a handful too many almonds. Could have been worse! Don't want to hide in my big clothes this Fall.....looking forward to belts in a couple of months!
Deb are you Sbeaching now? Nice to see you around again!!!

Last edited by Berta48; 09-04-2013 at 09:52 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:46 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Good for you!!! It is all about the brain being in the right place. That's what makes any healthy eating plan work!
Old 09-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #26
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Happy Birthday!! And good for you, sticking OP!!

Will check back in tomorrow when back from my business trip. Got a good run in this morning, there is a hint of Autumn in the air...
Old 09-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Hello SB Buds
I am home and for the first ime since starting I was bad with my eating.I was good when we ate out but it was the in between things everyone was eating.I had a Starbucks Caramel Frapuchinno almost every day! The weather was 104 -108 every day there!

I am not weighing until Monday so I don't know what I will weigh But I am back on plan and am not wavering!

Eat real eggs they aren't even limited unless your Dr says so. Or have you tried the Southwestern egg beaters they are good IMO. Try Jimmy Dean reduced fat sausage so good and 50% less fat than regular sausage! Also Lean Ham or Canadian bacon is good OR Ham and cheese omlete!

Welcome back Berta! Sounds like you had a great time with the exception of that security tag. Call the store and see what they can do for you.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello SB Buds

O

Quote:

Good for you!!! It is all about the brain being in the right place. That's what makes any healthy eating plan work!
Thanks Jeri! I have been eating healthy but apparently it hasn't gotten me anywhere. I'm going to see if I can make an appt with another doctor. I think I need an ultrasound of my veins. :-(
Old 09-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
Quote:

Have a great night all!!
Jeri

Quote:
Happy Birthday!!!

Quote:
Hello SB Buds

Did you know they make skinny versions that you can actually have on SB? Mocha, Caramel, Cinnamon Dolce.

Jimmy Dean's Turkey sausage is great too (easy to microwave on busy mornings!)

Quote:
Thanks Jeri! I have been eating healthy but apparently it hasn't gotten me anywhere. I'm going to see if I can make an appt with another doctor. I think I need an ultrasound of my veins. :-(
It can still make changes on the inside I hope you get some answers.

I weighed in at work today, they are having a weight loss challenge and I decided just to do it for 'fun' I am down 1/2lb from the weekend.. I see lots of those microwave meals and hearing complaints of not losing weight

We leave on a cruise in 22 days!! Going to the Eastern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean.. preparing more mentally to stick to the guidelines.. I know you can make special requests for veggies every night at dinner if you are in the main dining room so I am doing that for sure. They even have another place for SB friendly breakfast/lunch so I can still do this while away!
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #30
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post

Happy Birthday!!!

Did you know they make skinny versions that you can actually have on SB? Mocha, Caramel, Cinnamon Dolce.

Jimmy Dean's Turkey sausage is great too (easy to microwave on busy mornings!)

It can still make changes on the inside I hope you get some answers.

I weighed in at work today, they are having a weight loss challenge and I decided just to do it for 'fun' I am down 1/2lb from the weekend.. I see lots of those microwave meals and hearing complaints of not losing weight

We leave on a cruise in 22 days!! Going to the Eastern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean.. preparing more mentally to stick to the guidelines.. I know you can make special requests for veggies every night at dinner if you are in the main dining room so I am doing that for sure. They even have another place for SB friendly breakfast/lunch so I can still do this while away!
No I did not know that.What are they called? we just had a Starbucks open up here in town

Sounds like a nice vacation.I sure wish we would go somewhere beside s my D sisters for vacation sometime.Something exciting like you are doing.Could I join you?
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote