Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   South Beach Diet (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/south-beach-diet/)
-   -   Heading into Fall (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/south-beach-diet/811175-heading-into-fall.html)

rose1 08-31-2013 01:31 PM

Heading into Fall
 

September is here and Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner. Keep on!

paulainks 08-31-2013 05:51 PM

So exciting, can't wait to see what Fall brings.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Paula

Fit2010 08-31-2013 10:11 PM

Well, did pretty well today. Except that I ate a handful too many almonds. Could have been worse! Don't want to hide in my big clothes this Fall.....looking forward to belts in a couple of months!

rose1 09-01-2013 08:45 AM

Belts! That's a big milestone. :high5:

Fit2010 09-01-2013 05:38 PM

Rose - I was able to wear them in 2010 when I'd lost weight at that time....felt so amazing to have a blouse/shirt tucked in instead of trying to hide my belly. I know I can get there again....just gotta put in the work. But that IS a goal!! Guess I could hang belts around where I can see them for a motivation! ha! :hyst: :p ;)

rose1 09-01-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fit2010 (Post 16585131)
Rose - I was able to wear them in 2010 when I'd lost weight at that time....felt so amazing to have a blouse/shirt tucked in instead of trying to hide my belly. I know I can get there again....just gotta put in the work. But that IS a goal!! Guess I could hang belts around where I can see them for a motivation! ha! :hyst: :p ;)

:rofl: Belts on doorknobs, belts on the back of chairs, belts on towel racks................................

Jericrop 09-01-2013 06:23 PM

Feeling good! Just went grocery shopping and bought so many yummy vegetables. Now I have to clean them all...Uggh! Having company tomorrow and made turkey tacos. I found garlic infused red wine vinegar for my salads. So excited to try that. Bought all of the ingredients for turkey meatballs. I will be busy in the kitchen tomorrow morning. :) Even bought stuff to make DH breakfast burritos to put in the freezer. i think I am over ambitious.....I don't think I will get it all done in the morning, cuz I am sure no little cleaning fairy is coming to my house during the night. Need DH help tomorrow. Enjoy the evening all. :)

Gmomof7 09-01-2013 06:45 PM

B- no appetite. Am totally burned out on egg beaters and turkey sausage/bacon.

3:00- turnips, pork chops, and brown rice for lunch today. It was my first rice/grain in 3 months.

Snack 6:00- one no sugar added fudgsicle and coffee

D- probably celery stalk with laughing cow light cheese

Not a typical day's menu!

Jericrop 09-02-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmomof7 (Post 16585197)
B- no appetite. Am totally burned out on egg beaters and turkey sausage/bacon.

3:00- turnips, pork chops, and brown rice for lunch today. It was my first rice/grain in 3 months.

Snack 6:00- one no sugar added fudgsicle and coffee

D- probably celery stalk with laughing cow light cheese

Not a typical day's menu!

Wow....glad it's not a typical day's menu!:stars:
Have you jazzed up your egg beaters with vegi's, meats, salsa? I like to boil eggs and eat the whites, cheese stick or yogurt, deli turkey, green pepper slices tomato juice. Who says you have to have breakfast foods for breakfast?? Shake it up and have steak and eggs or chicken stirfry. I am going to try some Mini spinach Frittatas (new recipe. Not posting til I try it.


I decided to look at all of the labels I could for spaghetti sauce for sugars. Ahhhhh! Couldn't believe the content. Definitely making home made and freeze it. I did find a pizza sauce with one sugar, MIDS Homestyle Pasta Sauce, Pizza sauce. (that's what the label says) Planning on making my low carb pizza.:jumpjoy:

Gmomof7 09-02-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericrop (Post 16585646)
Wow....glad it's not a typical day's menu!:stars:
Have you jazzed up your egg beaters with vegi's, meats, salsa? I like to boil eggs and eat the whites, cheese stick or yogurt, deli turkey, green pepper slices tomato juice. Who says you have to have breakfast foods for breakfast?? Shake it up and have steak and eggs or chicken stirfry. I am going to try some Mini spinach Frittatas (new recipe. Not posting til I try it.


I decided to look at all of the labels I could for spaghetti sauce for sugars. Ahhhhh! Couldn't believe the content. Definitely making home made and freeze it. I did find a pizza sauce with one sugar, MIDS Homestyle Pasta Sauce, Pizza sauce. (that's what the label says) Planning on making my low carb pizza.:jumpjoy:

Breakfast is typical but I normally eat more during the day. Had been having severe muscle cramping a few weeks ago which led to constant throbbing pain in my ankle/foot/groin area. Went to my doctor a week ago and she didn't even look at my foot/leg. just recomended coQ10 which is NOT helping!! Today I'm trying to stay off of it so I've been staying in bed. Haven't cared too much about eating but DH fixed chicken and broccoli and I did eat. I will have try adding something to the eggs for breakfast besides turkey bacon/sausage to jazz it up. I dont like eating heavy in the morning but I might try eating a different kind of meat and a veggiefor breakfast. Thanks for suggestion!

Jericrop 09-02-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmomof7 (Post 16586259)
Breakfast is typical but I normally eat more during the day. Had been having severe muscle cramping a few weeks ago which led to constant throbbing pain in my ankle/foot/groin area. Went to my doctor a week ago and she didn't even look at my foot/leg. just recomended coQ10 which is NOT helping!! Today I'm trying to stay off of it so I've been staying in bed. Haven't cared too much about eating but DH fixed chicken and broccoli and I did eat. I will have try adding something to the eggs for breakfast besides turkey bacon/sausage to jazz it up. I dont like eating heavy in the morning but I might try eating a different kind of meat and a veggiefor breakfast. Thanks for suggestion!

Dang, hope you feel better soon.:console:
Make sure you call the doc and tell him it's not working and you have lost your appetite from being in so much pain. wishing you a peaceful nights sleep..:)

Jericrop 09-02-2013 03:40 PM

hey Wiz aka Tracy,
I am making the turkey meatballs for dinner tonight. House smells great. Chilly out today, only 65 - 70 degrees. Feels like fall.
I spent the morning, chopping, slicing and dicing vegetables and putting them in snack size bags. Now I can just grab and go. Making DH breakfast burritos to freeze. All this is a lot of work but it will keep me on task.
Jeri

rose1 09-02-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmomof7 (Post 16586259)
Breakfast is typical but I normally eat more during the day. Had been having severe muscle cramping a few weeks ago which led to constant throbbing pain in my ankle/foot/groin area. Went to my doctor a week ago and she didn't even look at my foot/leg. just recomended coQ10 which is NOT helping!! Today I'm trying to stay off of it so I've been staying in bed. Haven't cared too much about eating but DH fixed chicken and broccoli and I did eat. I will have try adding something to the eggs for breakfast besides turkey bacon/sausage to jazz it up. I dont like eating heavy in the morning but I might try eating a different kind of meat and a veggiefor breakfast. Thanks for suggestion!

My internet has been out all summer, so I don't have background on your pain. i just want to mention that quite a few drugs have severe muscle/joint pain as a side effect. Maybe investigate your prescriptions, if any.

ETA: It takes a while for COQ10 to provide real, noticeable benefits, so you have to give it time.

Gmomof7 09-02-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericrop (Post 16585646)
Wow....glad it's not a typical day's menu!:stars:
Have you jazzed up your egg beaters with vegi's, meats, salsa? I like to boil eggs and eat the whites, cheese stick or yogurt, deli turkey, green pepper slices tomato juice. Who says you have to have breakfast foods for breakfast?? Shake it up and have steak and eggs or chicken stirfry. I am going to try some Mini spinach Frittatas (new recipe. Not posting til I try it.


I decided to look at all of the labels I could for spaghetti sauce for sugars. Ahhhhh! Couldn't believe the content. Definitely making home made and freeze it. I did find a pizza sauce with one sugar, MIDS Homestyle Pasta Sauce, Pizza sauce. (that's what the label says) Planning on making my low carb pizza.:jumpjoy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose1 (Post 16586421)
My internet has been out all summer, so I don't have background on your pain. i just want to mention that quite a few drugs have severe muscle/joint pain as a side effect. Maybe investigate your prescriptions, if any.

ETA: It takes a while for COQ10 to provide real, noticeable benefits, so you have to give it time.

Thankfully I don't take many meds but my gyn had put me on altevia once weekly to prevent bone loss and also a low dose estrogen. I stopped both of them after being on about 8 months as altevia's patient info says it can cause this and to call doctor right away if symptoms develop. But all my dr said was to quit taking them and recommended CoQ10 instead. But I'm worried it might be symptoms of a blood clot except there's no swelling. So I'm puzzled as to what to do.

Gmomof7 09-02-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericrop (Post 16586398)
Dang, hope you feel better soon.:console:.... wishing you a peaceful nights sleep..:)

:hugs: thanks Jeri!

wiz 09-02-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericrop (Post 16586403)
hey Wiz aka Tracy,
I am making the turkey meatballs for dinner tonight. House smells great. Chilly out today, only 65 - 70 degrees. Feels like fall.
I spent the morning, chopping, slicing and dicing vegetables and putting them in snack size bags. Now I can just grab and go. Making DH breakfast burritos to freeze. All this is a lot of work but it will keep me on task.
Jeri

Nice Jeri!! As mentioned, my husband loves them...and he is kind of picky!!

Hey, Gmom, I saw your menu with the parsnips...I have never made them at home, but on Friday night was at a restaurant that had a soup that was mushrooms, parsnips, and lentils in a delicious broth. I need to find that recipe, it was awesome!

Hey Rose, how was your daughter's summer in NJ? Is she back home?

Folks, it's been a good summer, but I am back to the straight and narrow this week. And thankfully my husband is on board too. :D

rose1 09-02-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiz (Post 16586560)
Nice Jeri!! As mentioned, my husband loves them...and he is kind of picky!!

Hey, Gmom, I saw your menu with the parsnips...I have never made them at home, but on Friday night was at a restaurant that had a soup that was mushrooms, parsnips, and lentils in a delicious broth. I need to find that recipe, it was awesome!

Hey Rose, how was your daughter's summer in NJ? Is she back home?

Folks, it's been a good summer, but I am back to the straight and narrow this week. And thankfully my husband is on board too. :D

:hiya:Wiz! DD got home middle of last week and classes started this week. She is taking 20 credit hours. :stars: She loves NJ and Rutherfurd Hall has already snagged her for next summer at twice the money, which still isn't much, but a paid internship at the undergrad level is almost unheard of. Guess what she brought home with her? Besides real bagels? Taylor ham! We are doling the bagels out one at a time, so we each get a half. The plan was to make them last until Christmas. :rofl:

wiz 09-03-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose1 (Post 16586813)
:hiya:Wiz! DD got home middle of last week and classes started this week. She is taking 20 credit hours. :stars: She loves NJ and Rutherfurd Hall has already snagged her for next summer at twice the money, which still isn't much, but a paid internship at the undergrad level is almost unheard of. Guess what she brought home with her? Besides real bagels? Taylor ham! We are doling the bagels out one at a time, so we each get a half. The plan was to make them last until Christmas. :rofl:

LOL on the bagels...there is (literally) something in the water here in the NYC/Philly corridor that makes the best bread/bagels/pizza crust. The difference is kind of unbelievable unless you try it.

Taylor Ham (aka Pork Roll!) is a Jersey staple. Too funny. She's turning into a Jersey Girl :D. Of course, I'm from Philly originally, so I am more of a Habbersett Scrapple fan myself.

Hey gang, hope everyone has a great week. I'm heading up to NYC on the train for a business trip. Talk you later!!

paulainks 09-04-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericrop (Post 16585646)
Wow....glad it's not a typical day's menu!:stars:

I decided to look at all of the labels I could for spaghetti sauce for sugars. Ahhhhh! Couldn't believe the content. Definitely making home made and freeze it. I did find a pizza sauce with one sugar, MIDS Homestyle Pasta Sauce, Pizza sauce. (that's what the label says) Planning on making my low carb pizza.:jumpjoy:

When I cut started watching my sugar intake, thats when we started making spaghetti sauce. how can they pack so much sugar and sodium into those cans???

I add a small spoon full of those italian red chili peppers. It adds a real zing.

Jericrop 09-04-2013 06:24 PM

My DH got an offer on the job!! He has made a counter offer, for more vacation time. I am a little stressed out because of the change in pay, but it is only a little less than he makes now (he can build it back up pretty quickly) and I am back to work (school). So many things to consider and look into, like medical insurance. 60 days before it will kick in with the new job. Still, very excited for him. It will take a lot of stress off from him.

I have been planking. Up to 2 min. now. Tough to do. I have been walking and doing crunches. Checking the scale tomorrow. Had a great on plan day.
hope it pays off...:)

Paula,
I agree! So much garbage in the canned stuff. I need to make another large batch for the winter. Ate Turkey, spinach meatballs for supper tonight. Put the pizza sauce on them. They were good.

Jericrop 09-04-2013 06:28 PM

Oh, and I ignored the boxes of large donuts in the lounge today!!! Don't really crave sweets anyway, but feeling good!! :)

Have a great night all!!
Jeri

Gmomof7 09-04-2013 08:20 PM

I've stayed true to plan for 2 months, have been to my grandson's birthday party, a friend's birthday party, a vacation, and on Saturday my girlfriends took me out for an early birthday dinner. We went to an Italian restaurant and there was nothing remotely SB except a salad so I had that. My friend usually makes a birthday cake but i stressed to her i was still on my diet so she didn't make one..which i kind of regretted afterwards. LOL. Tomorrow is my birthday and if there will be an opportunity to splurge at least a little, I hope to take it. :-)

Gmomof7 09-04-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericrop (Post 16590279)
Oh, and I ignored the boxes of large donuts in the lounge today!!! Don't really crave sweets anyway, but feeling good!! :)

Have a great night all!!
Jeri

Good for you! :high5:

Berta48 09-04-2013 09:50 PM

Hello SB Buds
I am home and for the first ime since starting I was bad with my eating.I was good when we ate out but it was the in between things everyone was eating.I had a Starbucks Caramel Frapuchinno almost every day!:yummy::o The weather was 104 -108 every day there!

I am not weighing until Monday so I don't know what I will weigh:dunno: But I am back on plan and am not wavering!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmomof7 (Post 16585197)
B- no appetite. Am totally burned out on egg beaters and turkey sausage/bacon.

3:00- turnips, pork chops, and brown rice for lunch today. It was my first rice/grain in 3 months.

Snack 6:00- one no sugar added fudgsicle and coffee

D- probably celery stalk with laughing cow light cheese

Not a typical day's menu!

Eat real eggs they aren't even limited unless your Dr says so. Or have you tried the Southwestern egg beaters they are good IMO. Try Jimmy Dean reduced fat sausage so good and 50% less fat than regular sausage! Also Lean Ham or Canadian bacon is good OR Ham and cheese omlete!:up:

Sure hope you feel better really soon:aprayer::console:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmomof7 (Post 16590440)
I've stayed true to plan for 2 months, have been to my grandson's birthday party, a friend's birthday party, a vacation, and on Saturday my girlfriends took me out for an early birthday dinner. We went to an Italian restaurant and there was nothing remotely SB except a salad so I had that. My friend usually makes a birthday cake but i stressed to her i was still on my diet so she didn't make one..which i kind of regretted afterwards. LOL. Tomorrow is my birthday and if there will be an opportunity to splurge at least a little, I hope to take it. :-)

:birthday::sing::birthday::sing::high5:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fit2010 (Post 16584066)
Well, did pretty well today. Except that I ate a handful too many almonds. Could have been worse! Don't want to hide in my big clothes this Fall.....looking forward to belts in a couple of months!

:hiya:Deb are you Sbeaching now? Nice to see you around again!!!:high5:

Jericrop 09-05-2013 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmomof7 (Post 16590440)
I've stayed true to plan for 2 months, have been to my grandson's birthday party, a friend's birthday party, a vacation, and on Saturday my girlfriends took me out for an early birthday dinner. We went to an Italian restaurant and there was nothing remotely SB except a salad so I had that. My friend usually makes a birthday cake but i stressed to her i was still on my diet so she didn't make one..which i kind of regretted afterwards. LOL. Tomorrow is my birthday and if there will be an opportunity to splurge at least a little, I hope to take it. :-)


:birthday:
Good for you!!! :jumpjoy: It is all about the brain being in the right place. That's what makes any healthy eating plan work!

wiz 09-05-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmomof7 (Post 16590440)
I've stayed true to plan for 2 months, have been to my grandson's birthday party, a friend's birthday party, a vacation, and on Saturday my girlfriends took me out for an early birthday dinner. We went to an Italian restaurant and there was nothing remotely SB except a salad so I had that. My friend usually makes a birthday cake but i stressed to her i was still on my diet so she didn't make one..which i kind of regretted afterwards. LOL. Tomorrow is my birthday and if there will be an opportunity to splurge at least a little, I hope to take it. :-)

Happy Birthday!! And good for you, sticking OP!!

Will check back in tomorrow when back from my business trip. Got a good run in this morning, there is a hint of Autumn in the air...

Gmomof7 09-05-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berta48 (Post 16590536)
Hello SB Buds
I am home and for the first ime since starting I was bad with my eating.I was good when we ate out but it was the in between things everyone was eating.I had a Starbucks Caramel Frapuchinno almost every day!:yummy::o The weather was 104 -108 every day there!

I am not weighing until Monday so I don't know what I will weigh:dunno: But I am back on plan and am not wavering!


Eat real eggs they aren't even limited unless your Dr says so. Or have you tried the Southwestern egg beaters they are good IMO. Try Jimmy Dean reduced fat sausage so good and 50% less fat than regular sausage! Also Lean Ham or Canadian bacon is good OR Ham and cheese omlete!:up:

Sure hope you feel better really soon:aprayer::console:


:birthday::sing::birthday::sing::high5:



:hiya:Deb are you Sbeaching now? Nice to see you around again!!!:high5:

Welcome back Berta! Sounds like you had a great time with the exception of that security tag. Call the store and see what they can do for you.

Gmomof7 09-05-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berta48 (Post 16590536)
Hello SB Buds
I am home and for the first ime since starting I was bad with my eating.I was good when we ate out but it was the in between things everyone was eating.I had a Starbucks Caramel Frapuchinno almost every day!:yummy::o The weather was 104 -108 every day there!

I am not weighing until Monday so I don't know what I will weigh:dunno: But I am back on plan and am not wavering!


Eat real eggs they aren't even limited unless your Dr says so. Or have you tried the Southwestern egg beaters they are good IMO. Try Jimmy Dean reduced fat sausage so good and 50% less fat than regular sausage! Also Lean Ham or Canadian bacon is good OR Ham and cheese omlete!:up:
O
Sure hope you feel better really soon:aprayer::console:


:birthday::sing::birthday::sing::high5:



:hiya:Deb are you Sbeaching now? Nice to see you around again!!!:high5:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericrop (Post 16590680)
:birthday:
Good for you!!! :jumpjoy: It is all about the brain being in the right place. That's what makes any healthy eating plan work!

Thanks Jeri! I have been eating healthy but apparently it hasn't gotten me anywhere. I'm going to see if I can make an appt with another doctor. I think I need an ultrasound of my veins. :-(

glitterific 09-05-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jericrop (Post 16590279)
Oh, and I ignored the boxes of large donuts in the lounge today!!! Don't really crave sweets anyway, but feeling good!! :)

Have a great night all!!
Jeri

:shake:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmomof7 (Post 16590440)
I've stayed true to plan for 2 months, have been to my grandson's birthday party, a friend's birthday party, a vacation, and on Saturday my girlfriends took me out for an early birthday dinner. We went to an Italian restaurant and there was nothing remotely SB except a salad so I had that. My friend usually makes a birthday cake but i stressed to her i was still on my diet so she didn't make one..which i kind of regretted afterwards. LOL. Tomorrow is my birthday and if there will be an opportunity to splurge at least a little, I hope to take it. :-)

Happy Birthday!!! :birthday:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berta48 (Post 16590536)
Hello SB Buds
I am home and for the first ime since starting I was bad with my eating.I was good when we ate out but it was the in between things everyone was eating.I had a Starbucks Caramel Frapuchinno almost every day!:yummy::o The weather was 104 -108 every day there!

I am not weighing until Monday so I don't know what I will weigh:dunno: But I am back on plan and am not wavering!


Eat real eggs they aren't even limited unless your Dr says so. Or have you tried the Southwestern egg beaters they are good IMO. Try Jimmy Dean reduced fat sausage so good and 50% less fat than regular sausage! Also Lean Ham or Canadian bacon is good OR Ham and cheese omlete!:up:

Did you know they make skinny versions that you can actually have on SB? Mocha, Caramel, Cinnamon Dolce.

Jimmy Dean's Turkey sausage is great too (easy to microwave on busy mornings!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmomof7 (Post 16591033)
Thanks Jeri! I have been eating healthy but apparently it hasn't gotten me anywhere. I'm going to see if I can make an appt with another doctor. I think I need an ultrasound of my veins. :-(

It can still make changes on the inside :console: I hope you get some answers. :heart:

I weighed in at work today, they are having a weight loss challenge and I decided just to do it for 'fun' I am down 1/2lb from the weekend.. I see lots of those microwave meals and hearing complaints of not losing weight :stars:

We leave on a cruise in 22 days!! Going to the Eastern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean.. preparing more mentally to stick to the guidelines.. I know you can make special requests for veggies every night at dinner if you are in the main dining room so I am doing that for sure. They even have another place for SB friendly breakfast/lunch so I can still do this while away!

Berta48 09-05-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glitterific (Post 16591414)
:shake:



Happy Birthday!!! :birthday:


Did you know they make skinny versions that you can actually have on SB? Mocha, Caramel, Cinnamon Dolce.

Jimmy Dean's Turkey sausage is great too (easy to microwave on busy mornings!)



It can still make changes on the inside :console: I hope you get some answers. :heart:

I weighed in at work today, they are having a weight loss challenge and I decided just to do it for 'fun' I am down 1/2lb from the weekend.. I see lots of those microwave meals and hearing complaints of not losing weight :stars:

We leave on a cruise in 22 days!! Going to the Eastern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean.. preparing more mentally to stick to the guidelines.. I know you can make special requests for veggies every night at dinner if you are in the main dining room so I am doing that for sure. They even have another place for SB friendly breakfast/lunch so I can still do this while away!

No I did not know that.What are they called? we just had a Starbucks open up here in town:up:

Sounds like a nice vacation:up:.I sure wish we would go somewhere beside s my D sisters for vacation sometime:annoyed:.Something exciting like you are doing.Could I join you?:laugh:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 AM.