Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 06:10 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Hi everyone! Just got a phone call from my daughter who lives out of state. Her doctor is running tests on her for cancer, leukemia and celiac disease. She asks that she be put on prayer lists if anyone is willing. Thank you!!

How frightening! Praying for your daughter..

Wishing the best for your daughter and your family...
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2013, 06:21 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hello, I will be joining you on the Beach as of tomorrow. I will stick with phase one until goal. Have not weighed myself in a while and I'm not looking forward to doing so.
Welcome to SB....It can be fun! Just knowing you are eating so much healthier is such a great feeling!
Old 09-26-2013, 06:26 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Hey ladies, been gone for a bit. So much happening. Son, Matthew, 23yrs, was in a rollover crash avoiding a deer. He is pretty beat up, but thank the Lord he is alive. The phone call is the worst....hard to comprehend. My husband spent time in the ER with him last Wed. night.
Then the next night I spent the night in the ER with my 27 yr old daughter for viral meningitis. Been under a lot of stress and fell far off the wagon. Need motivation and stop feeling sorry for myself... Both kids are healing well~!

Sounds like many of you have had much success.

Good job!!
Old 09-26-2013, 06:42 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Thanks Jeri... I'm not new to SB but have not done it in a long while. Wow, I just read your other post, thank God both kids are ok. Must have been awful!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #125
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Hey ladies, been gone for a bit. So much happening. Son, Matthew, 23yrs, was in a rollover crash avoiding a deer. He is pretty beat up, but thank the Lord he is alive. The phone call is the worst....hard to comprehend. My husband spent time in the ER with him last Wed. night.
Then the next night I spent the night in the ER with my 27 yr old daughter for viral meningitis. Been under a lot of stress and fell far off the wagon. Need motivation and stop feeling sorry for myself... Both kids are healing well~!

Good job!!
So happy they are both alright or at least alive and on the mend. I always hate getting a call at night.Always think the worst most of the time. Do we ever stop worrying about our children?Prayers for you and family

Quote:
Hello, I will be joining you on the Beach as of tomorrow. I will stick with phase one until goal. Have not weighed myself in a while and I'm not looking forward to doing so.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Berta. I'm raring to go!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Also... Loving the "What's for Dinner" thread! There are so many good recipes that can be made from the foods list. I think it's all about being organised... As long as you are prepared to put the work in, there is no reason to get bored of the allowed foods. ;-)
Old 09-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #128
Berta48

Quote:
Also... Loving the "What's for Dinner" thread! There are so many good recipes that can be made from the foods list. I think it's all about being organised... As long as you are prepared to put the work in, there is no reason to get bored of the allowed foods. ;-)
I try to focus on what I can have instead of what I can't have!! I don't always succeed....but mostly!
I belong to What's for dinner thread but it has been pretty quite around there lately.Same here though

If you want recipes for SB try Kayln's Kitchen. I love, love, love that site!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
I try to focus on what I can have instead of what I can't have!! I don't always succeed....but mostly!
I belong to What's for dinner thread but it has been pretty quite around there lately.Same here though

If you want recipes for SB try Kayln's Kitchen. I love, love, love that site!
Yes, I know of Kalyn's kitchen....think she was the one who started the cauliflower pizza? Have not been there in a while. It's 5.45am here in the Uk... My first day on the Beach! Gotta weigh this morning, arghh!
Old 09-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #130
Berta48

Quote:
Yes, I know of Kalyn's kitchen....think she was the one who started the cauliflower pizza? Have not been there in a while. It's 5.45am here in the Uk... My first day on the Beach! Gotta weigh this morning, arghh!
When you get to where you can have some starch you have got to try the Garden Harvest Zuchinni,Apple,Carrot Cake on her site

I am going to have to revamp my plan and look at what I am eating, I am not getting anywhere. I am starting to track calories and carbs beginning Monday.Hopefully it will give some insight on what I need to do.
Have a wonderful week-end.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Quote:

Good job!!
Hi Jeri
So glad to hear both the kids are doing well. As for falling off the wagon, perfectly understandable. I am still not back on plan 100%.

I have been in your shoes about the horrifying phone call from the hospital. Some years ago my husband had quad bypass surgery and had come through it very well. Then I got a call at 2 a.m. telling me that there was a serious problem, my husband was unresponsive and had been put back on the ventilator; I needed to come back to the hospital immediately. From what they told me, I suspected he may have had a stroke. I sat on the edge of the bed with the phone in my hand, shaking uncontrollably.

I knew that I had to be able to see the road, so I couldn't be blinded with tears. Then I thought that I needed to be able to comprehend what the doctors were telling me, so I couldn't become hysterical. I HAD to pull it together, if not for my sake, then for Jake.

After talking to the very kind nurse who had called me, I went up to ICU and sat in the corridor, waiting for word. (They don't allow you inside the unit). Finally the Dr. came and told me that, after extensive testing, they had determined that his central nervous system had started to shut down because he had received too much pain medication. Even though he had received the correct dosage for a man of his height and weight, he couldn't tolerate it. We had no idea he was sensitive to narcotic pain killers. We know now!!

Anyway, just take care of the family, and the rest will fall into place later. Sending prayers of healing for you and your family right now.

Penny
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gmomof7
Hi everyone! Tonight we went out to dinner with two others couples to celebrate my husband's birthday. i had 6 oz steak, side salad and fried sweet potatoes. I know it's not on plan but I eat fried foods so seldom. So I allowed myself an order of it. Then afterwards we had coffee and Baskin and Robbins cake ice cream. I am not fond of it, but it wasn't about me, and my husband loves ice cream ( even though he's allergic to dairy and breaks out in a rash). Anyway, I only ate a small portion of the ice cream slice and completely left the cake portion. I guess I'll pay for it at weighin. But I think I have mostly lost my taste for sweets. I also made a pumpkin pie last week using Splenda and other low carb foods and I just had a small amt on my fork to taste it and that's all I had of the entire pie. It stared back at me everytime I opened the fridge and I was able to close the door on it with no problem. :-)

Hope you all have a great weekend.,

Jeri- thinking of you, my friend!! Hope your kids are recovering better each day!

Penny- the situation with your husband's medication had to be scary for you. My mom has since passed away but she once had trouble coming out of anesthesia after she had swallowed a small chicken bone. She was on a breathing machine in ICU for several days. it didn't look good. When she first came out of it for a few days, instead of calling us by name she called my sister and I numbers. Don't remember exactly but I was something like 12 and she was 9. She didn't have altzheimers it was just a reaction to the medication they gave her. Once it wore off she was as sharp as a tack again. :-)
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gmomof7
I am going to have to revamp my plan and look at what I am eating, I am not getting anywhere. I am starting to track calories and carbs beginning Monday.Hopefully it will give some insight on what I need to do.
Have a wonderful week-end.[/QUOTE]

That's probably a good idea. Those carbs can easily sneak up on us so tracking for a few days sounds like a plan!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:04 AM   #134
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Have a wonderful week-end.
That's probably a good idea. Those carbs can easily sneak up on us so tracking for a few days sounds like a plan! [/QUOTE]

Old 09-30-2013, 06:02 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Hey you all....thank you for all of your kind words. Kids are doing well, but son living back with us til he gets a car. He has to drive me to work everyday.

I plan on starting on day one of SB today. Need to get serious about this..... two weeks of staying on task is my goal!!!
I haven't visited Whats for dinner in a while. I will later today. love all of the great ideas!!!

Have a wonderful Monday everyone....smiles and happiness to all!!!

***New recent pic of me and my grandgirls.....

Last edited by Jericrop; 09-30-2013 at 06:09 AM..
Old 09-30-2013, 08:09 AM   #136
Berta48

Morning SB Buds
Well I was back down to 244.4 today from last weeks 248.8 I have done well. I have cut way back on my amount of food. But I eat till I am full. So it is getting better.I suppose after all these years of eating what and how much I want it will take time to change.But I am enjoying SB very much. DH is liking my recipes also.

Quote:
Hey you all....thank you for all of your kind words. Kids are doing well, but son living back with us til he gets a car. He has to drive me to work everyday.

I plan on starting on day one of SB today. Need to get serious about this..... two weeks of staying on task is my goal!!!
I haven't visited Whats for dinner in a while. I will later today. love all of the great ideas!!!

Have a wonderful Monday everyone....smiles and happiness to all!!!

***New recent pic of me and my grandgirls.....
HI Jeri
So good to hear your kiddos are well. They can give us some big scares sometimes

It seems the thread here and on What's for dinner is extremely slow anymore not chatty at all. But I really get more done when I stay off of here. I am getting ready to do a craft show in Nov and I am so far behind it is scary.So I myself probably won't be on here alot until after then too

Have great success on you 2 weeks. I love your new Avi you look beautiful to me.Not like you need to lose weight. Are we ever happy with ourselves?
I see photos of myself when I thought I was so fat and now I'd give almost anything to look like that again

Last edited by Berta48; 09-30-2013 at 08:11 AM..
Old 09-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Morning SB Buds
Well I was back down to 244.4 today from last weeks 248.8 I have done well. I have cut way back on my amount of food. But I eat till I am full. So it is getting better.I suppose after all these years of eating what and how much I want it will take time to change.But I am enjoying SB very much. DH is liking my recipes also.

HI Jeri
So good to hear your kiddos are well. They can give us some big scares sometimes

It seems the thread here and on What's for dinner is extremely slow anymore not chatty at all. But I really get more done when I stay off of here. I am getting ready to do a craft show in Nov and I am so far behind it is scary.So I myself probably won't be on here alot until after then too

Have great success on you 2 weeks. I love your new Avi you look beautiful to me.Not like you need to lose weight. Are we ever happy with ourselves?
I see photos of myself when I thought I was so fat and now I'd give almost anything to look like that again
Thanks for the compliment, but notice you do not see the "whole" me? LOL And no, we are never happy with ourselves. The charts say I am nearly obese.
So true about looking at old photos!! Really? I thought I was overweight then.
So far, today has gone well. eggwhite and spinach scramble, cheese stick, coffee, lunch was a wonderful salad and some imitation crab. Supper is steamed chicken and snowpeas from the chinese take out from last night. Cottage cheese for a snack and some red pepper strips. Drank 9 glasses of water.
I will try to check in at least once a day to see what is going on on here!!! Good job on cutting back and getting back on track. Good weigh in!!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #138
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
New thread:

Last edited by rose1; 09-30-2013 at 07:30 PM..
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #139
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
New thread:

October
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote