Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi everybody - I'm back!!
Been a bit off-plan lately. Had a little trouble with the left eye, the pressure was up too much, so I have been taking care of that with drops and trying not to bend, lift, etc. I have not been motivated to cook AT ALL. (Something to do with not being able to read small print)!! Dr. said next month if the healing is better, I can get my reading glasses. HURRAY!!!

I will certainly try to do better with South Beach and get back on the band wagon. Going to have stewed beef with onions, green beans cooked with lima beans, brown rice and a tossed salad for dinner.

How has everyone been? Seems like forever since I was on here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Morning Sb Buds.

Well I am back down to 246 haven't changed my ticker but at least I am out of the
250's now! Boy I do believe this is te hardest thing I have ever done.I quit smoking so much easier and it was hard to do.

I have been eating strictly on plan. And I plan on keeping it up.I have to do this. I just get in a hurry and want it off now. Yet I know it took me 65 years to get here.I pray to God it doesn't take me 65 to get it off. if it does I will be in heaven with a brand new immortal body anyway and then it won't matter

Last year I was 275.8 and wore a 3x but now I am 246 and wear a 1x so I am losing even if my weight isn't going away very fast. My bra size has went form a 56 to a 42 so that is good too, my underwear are down 2 sizes too!! YES I know it is still huge but it is better!

I hope EVERYONE has a great week!!!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2013, 04:07 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 299
Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
Hi everyone!
Ive completed 3 full days of phase 1, and I feel better and more in control. Cravings are starting to go away, and Im eating to fuel up.
Im using the food journal on the SB website. According to that, Im eating too much protein, and not enough fiber? Not even close on the fiber! Im having veggies at every meal and snack, so not sure how to boost up the fiber? Any suggestions? I will post my meal from yesterday, which fell way low on fiber, and too high in protein and fat. I am a little hungry still daily. But the site gives you a calorie count as well and Im trying to stay within that. Just want to be successful with this diet again!

B Crustless quiche with RF cheese, loaded with bell pepper and roma tomatoes from my garden

S V8, hard boiled egg

S (I got hungry again at work) 2T Peanut Butter

L spring mix greens with cucumber, tomato, a few black olives, RF feta, 3 oz grilled chix, RF dressing. 1 cup boiled cabbage

D 3 oz lean steak, 1 slice RF cheese, onion, handful of baby romas from garden, 1 cup green beans

was hungry around 7:30pm, so I had a small bowl of my made up salad from early with a little RF blue cheese dressing and a big glass of lemon water. And I am drinking all my water and then some.

Can anyone tweak this? Wasnt my best planning and I worked and ran my girls around when I got home, but I feel like I made good choices and stayed OP
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #93
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,445
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
Hi everyone!
Ive completed 3 full days of phase 1, and I feel better and more in control. Cravings are starting to go away, and Im eating to fuel up.
Im using the food journal on the SB website. According to that, Im eating too much protein, and not enough fiber? Not even close on the fiber! Im having veggies at every meal and snack, so not sure how to boost up the fiber? Any suggestions? I will post my meal from yesterday, which fell way low on fiber, and too high in protein and fat. I am a little hungry still daily. But the site gives you a calorie count as well and Im trying to stay within that. Just want to be successful with this diet again!

B Crustless quiche with RF cheese, loaded with bell pepper and roma tomatoes from my garden

S V8, hard boiled egg

S (I got hungry again at work) 2T Peanut Butter

L spring mix greens with cucumber, tomato, a few black olives, RF feta, 3 oz grilled chix, RF dressing. 1 cup boiled cabbage

D 3 oz lean steak, 1 slice RF cheese, onion, handful of baby romas from garden, 1 cup green beans

was hungry around 7:30pm, so I had a small bowl of my made up salad from early with a little RF blue cheese dressing and a big glass of lemon water. And I am drinking all my water and then some.

Can anyone tweak this? Wasnt my best planning and I worked and ran my girls around when I got home, but I feel like I made good choices and stayed OP
Really, I don't see a problem with the protein intake. The peanut butter might have thrown the fat off a bit. How short were you on fiber? One thing I can see is you might stuff celery sticks with the peanut butter or use pimento cheese or something. Or have the ever present hummus, veggie sticks.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the macros the site comes up with; you'll drive yourself nuts trying to hit the "ideal" . What is the calorie count it's giving you? IMO, yesterday was fine.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Morning Sb Buds.

Well I am back down to 246 haven't changed my ticker but at least I am out of the
250's now! Boy I do believe this is te hardest thing I have ever done.I quit smoking so much easier and it was hard to do.

I have been eating strictly on plan. And I plan on keeping it up.I have to do this. I just get in a hurry and want it off now. Yet I know it took me 65 years to get here.I pray to God it doesn't take me 65 to get it off. if it does I will be in heaven with a brand new immortal body anyway and then it won't matter

Last year I was 275.8 and wore a 3x but now I am 246 and wear a 1x so I am losing even if my weight isn't going away very fast. My bra size has went form a 56 to a 42 so that is good too, my underwear are down 2 sizes too!! YES I know it is still huge but it is better!

I hope EVERYONE has a great week!!!
w00t w00t! that's a huge accomplishment.. you are healthier today than you were then.. it's slow and steady

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi everybody - I'm back!!
Been a bit off-plan lately. Had a little trouble with the left eye, the pressure was up too much, so I have been taking care of that with drops and trying not to bend, lift, etc. I have not been motivated to cook AT ALL. (Something to do with not being able to read small print)!! Dr. said next month if the healing is better, I can get my reading glasses. HURRAY!!!

I will certainly try to do better with South Beach and get back on the band wagon. Going to have stewed beef with onions, green beans cooked with lima beans, brown rice and a tossed salad for dinner.

How has everyone been? Seems like forever since I was on here.
Glad you are back, take it easy on yourself. I can't imagine how hoard it must be if you can't read small print!


Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
Hi everyone!
Ive completed 3 full days of phase 1, and I feel better and more in control. Cravings are starting to go away, and Im eating to fuel up.
Im using the food journal on the SB website. According to that, Im eating too much protein, and not enough fiber? Not even close on the fiber! Im having veggies at every meal and snack, so not sure how to boost up the fiber? Any suggestions? I will post my meal from yesterday, which fell way low on fiber, and too high in protein and fat. I am a little hungry still daily. But the site gives you a calorie count as well and Im trying to stay within that. Just want to be successful with this diet again!

B Crustless quiche with RF cheese, loaded with bell pepper and roma tomatoes from my garden

S V8, hard boiled egg

S (I got hungry again at work) 2T Peanut Butter

L spring mix greens with cucumber, tomato, a few black olives, RF feta, 3 oz grilled chix, RF dressing. 1 cup boiled cabbage

D 3 oz lean steak, 1 slice RF cheese, onion, handful of baby romas from garden, 1 cup green beans

was hungry around 7:30pm, so I had a small bowl of my made up salad from early with a little RF blue cheese dressing and a big glass of lemon water. And I am drinking all my water and then some.

Can anyone tweak this? Wasnt my best planning and I worked and ran my girls around when I got home, but I feel like I made good choices and stayed OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Really, I don't see a problem with the protein intake. The peanut butter might have thrown the fat off a bit. How short were you on fiber? One thing I can see is you might stuff celery sticks with the peanut butter or use pimento cheese or something. Or have the ever present hummus, veggie sticks.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the macros the site comes up with; you'll drive yourself nuts trying to hit the "ideal" . What is the calorie count it's giving you? IMO, yesterday was fine.
I had no idea you could track on the south beach website. I eat til I am satisfied (start with 3oz and eat more if needed and I usually eat about 4oz) and follow the veg guidelines of the 1/2 cup in the morning, atleast 2 C for each meal at lunch and dinner. I do measure those either by scale or measuring cup. Be sure to enjoy 1/2 C of beans if you like them.

Another cold hitting our house. I was feeling terrible last night.. I had a can of Amy's vegetable soup and made a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato and spinach.. RF cheese doesn't melt so well so I'll heat up the tomato/spinach and that does the trick.
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #95
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,981
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Morning Everyone
I was down this a.m. it sems I keep going from 246-248 yesterfday I was 248 today 246! So I am trying to eat perfect on plan today.

I am wondering if not eating would make me gain? I know that sounds silly to even ask but the reason is.I haven't been eating until lunch around 2-3 then I will eat my evening meal at 6-6:30.
I honestly feel I could go all day and not eat until late evening.I just am not hungry.It is my mind hunger that trys to get to me not true hunger.I am really having to control it especially at night watching TV.

Also when I started SB I didn't think we had to weigh and measure food,( I know the nuts we do) because I HATE doing that. But I see everyone talking about it? I usually take what I want and then don't go back for more.But most of the time I only eat half of what I take. Not always.Like last night I hadn't eaten anything all day and I made some wonderful Chicken soup and I ate 2 bowls of it probably about 3-4 cups. And that is ALL I had all day long except for a homemade caramel frapuichinno(SF syrup, decaff coffee, RF milk,Splenda and ice)made in my smoothie maker

So would you suggest I eat even if I am not hungry? Guess I will see how morning weight goes.Yes I am still in the habit of weighing often even though Mondays are my official weigh in day.

Last edited by Berta48; 09-18-2013 at 12:31 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member
 
Jericrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 143
Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
w00t w00t! that's a huge accomplishment.. you are healthier today than you were then.. it's slow and steady



Glad you are back, take it easy on yourself. I can't imagine how hoard it must be if you can't read small print!






I had no idea you could track on the south beach website. I eat til I am satisfied (start with 3oz and eat more if needed and I usually eat about 4oz) and follow the veg guidelines of the 1/2 cup in the morning, atleast 2 C for each meal at lunch and dinner. I do measure those either by scale or measuring cup. Be sure to enjoy 1/2 C of beans if you like them.

Another cold hitting our house. I was feeling terrible last night.. I had a can of Amy's vegetable soup and made a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato and spinach.. RF cheese doesn't melt so well so I'll heat up the tomato/spinach and that does the trick.
Maybe I am reading this too fast but how do you track on here? Or do you have to join the SB website thingy?
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 299
Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
Hi rose!
The website says eat atleast 30gm a day..Im eating about 10-15 according to my food log.
I am eating my beans and veggies every day Michelle
And Jeri...I am talking about the SB webite, I paid to join because I thought the pain in my pocket would keep me ontrack. So far, so good. And then I figured I may as well use the tools and stuff on there.
4 days Ive stayed on plan...
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #98
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,445
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
Hi rose!
The website says eat atleast 30gm a day..Im eating about 10-15 according to my food log.
I am eating my beans and veggies every day Michelle
And Jeri...I am talking about the SB webite, I paid to join because I thought the pain in my pocket would keep me ontrack. So far, so good. And then I figured I may as well use the tools and stuff on there.
4 days Ive stayed on plan...
Are you planning a full 2 weeks on phase 1 again? Fiber will be a snap on phase 2. In the meantime: avocado, broccoli, kale, mustard greens, artichoke hearts, asparagus, snow peas, beans, an ounce or so of walnuts or almonds, flax seed meal.........................
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:05 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 299
Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
Yes Rose, a full two weeks...4 days down! lol

I will go buy all those goodies and add them to my daily intake. I did buy asparagus and brussel sprouts yesterday, and the salad mix I got is baby spring mix (dark and red lettuces, kale) and spinach for my salads.
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Morning Everyone
I was down this a.m. it sems I keep going from 246-248 yesterfday I was 248 today 246! So I am trying to eat perfect on plan today.

I am wondering if not eating would make me gain? I know that sounds silly to even ask but the reason is.I haven't been eating until lunch around 2-3 then I will eat my evening meal at 6-6:30.
I honestly feel I could go all day and not eat until late evening.I just am not hungry.It is my mind hunger that trys to get to me not true hunger.I am really having to control it especially at night watching TV.

Also when I started SB I didn't think we had to weigh and measure food,( I know the nuts we do) because I HATE doing that. But I see everyone talking about it? I usually take what I want and then don't go back for more.But most of the time I only eat half of what I take. Not always.Like last night I hadn't eaten anything all day and I made some wonderful Chicken soup and I ate 2 bowls of it probably about 3-4 cups. And that is ALL I had all day long except for a homemade caramel frapuichinno(SF syrup, decaff coffee, RF milk,Splenda and ice)made in my smoothie maker

So would you suggest I eat even if I am not hungry? Guess I will see how morning weight goes.Yes I am still in the habit of weighing often even though Mondays are my official weigh in day.
This is the hard part of figuring out what works for you... how long has it been since vacation? All the reading I've done on this site, the average seems to be it takes 1-2 weeks to reset after going OP for a holiday/vacation. Weighing everyday can make you crazy!

Some people say you should eat even if you aren't hungry.. well, not sure I agree with that.. if I'm not hungry for a snack, I don't eat it. If I'm not hungry at dinner, I might skip or just have some veggies with hummus if I'm just a little hungry.

Measuring veggies, I want to make sure I'm getting enough.. if I slip up on veggies and have a week where I haven't lost a lot, it's probably b/c I'm not eating enough veg! 2 C is quite a jump for anyone not eating salad. You don't have to but seeing what each portion looks like I find helpful. That is especially true when I go out to eat, the veggie sides are a pitiful amount! It's more economical to get salad when eating out without worrying about how the restaurant prepares cooked veg.

I hope that makes sense.

Happy Thursday! Life is great.. my department has 4 day work weeks and it's been announced that we'll keep the schedule through the end of the year. If our performance metrics keep up, it's possible we can keep it indefinitely! and 9 days til vacation..
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
Yes Rose, a full two weeks...4 days down! lol

I will go buy all those goodies and add them to my daily intake. I did buy asparagus and brussel sprouts yesterday, and the salad mix I got is baby spring mix (dark and red lettuces, kale) and spinach for my salads.
oh yum I love roasted brussel sprouts.. I have them with lunch today!
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Hi everyone! Just got a phone call from my daughter who lives out of state. Her doctor is running tests on her for cancer, leukemia and celiac disease. She asks that she be put on prayer lists if anyone is willing. Thank you!!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Hi Gmom
I will be happy to include her in my prayer time. What is her name? My church has 12,000 members, and I will add her to the prayer rolls there as well.

I have been having further trouble with my eyes. Feels like there are fuzzies and loose hairs in them. I have to NOT mess with them. I suspect it is a little bit of eye strain. I have been knitting quite a bit since I am listening to the audio books from the library. (Can't see the printed page yet). It may actually be fibers from the yarn, for all I know!! Our church donates knitted baby hats to hospitals locally. It's something that I can do, and that I really enjoy doing. Also, when I'm knitting, I don't think about snacking so much. Helps with the cravings!
__________________
One day at a time, Sweet Jesus. I'm trusting You to get me through!!

Penny
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi Gmom
I will be happy to include her in my prayer time. What is her name? My church has 12,000 members, and I will add her to the prayer rolls there as well.

I have been having further trouble with my eyes. Feels like there are fuzzies and loose hairs in them. I have to NOT mess with them. I suspect it is a little bit of eye strain. I have been knitting quite a bit since I am listening to the audio books from the library. (Can't see the printed page yet). It may actually be fibers from the yarn, for all I know!! Our church donates knitted baby hats to hospitals locally. It's something that I can do, and that I really enjoy doing. Also, when I'm knitting, I don't think about snacking so much. Helps with the cravings!
Gail-I really appreciate it. Her name is Lori. I'll let her know. It will comfort her knowing that people are praying for her!

Do you use tissues such as Kleenex? I found after my surgery I had the same problems. I was wiping excess eye drops with Kleenex and the lint was getting in my eyes. Also, if you're finished with antibiotic drops I'd still use something like lubricating eye drops to keep flushing out any particles . Just a thought!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #105
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,981
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
This is the hard part of figuring out what works for you... how long has it been since vacation? All the reading I've done on this site, the average seems to be it takes 1-2 weeks to reset after going OP for a holiday/vacation. Weighing everyday can make you crazy!

Some people say you should eat even if you aren't hungry.. well, not sure I agree with that.. if I'm not hungry for a snack, I don't eat it. If I'm not hungry at dinner, I might skip or just have some veggies with hummus if I'm just a little hungry.

Measuring veggies, I want to make sure I'm getting enough.. if I slip up on veggies and have a week where I haven't lost a lot, it's probably b/c I'm not eating enough veg! 2 C is quite a jump for anyone not eating salad. You don't have to but seeing what each portion looks like I find helpful. That is especially true when I go out to eat, the veggie sides are a pitiful amount! It's more economical to get salad when eating out without worrying about how the restaurant prepares cooked veg.

I hope that makes sense.

Happy Thursday! Life is great.. my department has 4 day work weeks and it's been announced that we'll keep the schedule through the end of the year. If our performance metrics keep up, it's possible we can keep it indefinitely! and 9 days til vacation..
Wow hope you continue the 4 day week.I use to work 3 -12 hr shifts and loved it,But I was much younger then.I don't think I could an 8 hr one now let alone12

Yes that makes alot of sense.I am not eating if I am not hungry. I will try to get more veggies in as I know that is one problem for me.No porblem at breakfast as I like V8 juice and tomato too. I plan on stocking up on veggies when I go grocery shopping next week. I really like zuchinni,carrots, cabbage(cabbage rolls)cauliflower, and least favorite broccoli. I like it raw best like in a salad with mayo,cauliflower and peas and slivered carrots I like spinach,asparagus,turnips and green beans also.So therefore I shouldn't have any problen getting veggies in.But just don't.

Today I did eat breakfast.I fixed eggs in a dish with Pesto and RFmozzerella and baked it in the oven then I had one RF sausage patty with V8 juice.I am stuffed

We went on vacation Aug29th so nearly a month ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Hi everyone! Just got a phone call from my daughter who lives out of state. Her doctor is running tests on her for cancer, leukemia and celiac disease. She asks that she be put on prayer lists if anyone is willing. Thank you!!
I pray it will all come back negative. God always makes a way when there seems to be no way, when we have given our lifes to him and living for him I too will tell our church family to add her to the prayer list.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Gail-I really appreciate it. Her name is Lori. I'll let her know. It will comfort her knowing that people are praying for her!

Do you use tissues such as Kleenex? I found after my surgery I had the same problems. I was wiping excess eye drops with Kleenex and the lint was getting in my eyes. Also, if you're finished with antibiotic drops I'd still use something like lubricating eye drops to keep flushing out any particles . Just a thought!
Hi Gmom - Prayers on the way!!

YES - I do use tissues to wipe away excess drops!! Maybe that's it. I have decided to cut back on the knitting for now. Whether it's eye strain or fibers, my eyes need to rest. I can't use the Sustane drops right now for my dry eyes. Dr. wants to wait till I use up the prescribed eye drops first. I can tell you, I will be glad to be back to normal.
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Wow hope you continue the 4 day week.I use to work 3 -12 hr shifts and loved it,But I was much younger then.I don't think I could an 8 hr one now let alone12

Yes that makes alot of sense.I am not eating if I am not hungry. I will try to get more veggies in as I know that is one problem for me.No porblem at breakfast as I like V8 juice and tomato too. I plan on stocking up on veggies when I go grocery shopping next week. I really like zuchinni,carrots, cabbage(cabbage rolls)cauliflower, and least favorite broccoli. I like it raw best like in a salad with mayo,cauliflower and peas and slivered carrots I like spinach,asparagus,turnips and green beans also.So therefore I shouldn't have any problen getting veggies in.But just don't.

Today I did eat breakfast.I fixed eggs in a dish with Pesto and RFmozzerella and baked it in the oven then I had one RF sausage patty with V8 juice.I am stuffed

We went on vacation Aug29th so nearly a month ago.



I pray it will all come back negative. God always makes a way when there seems to be no way, when we have given our lifes to him and living for him I too will tell our church family to add her to the prayer list.
Thank you for your prayers, Berta! I hope they will be negative too! She had to go back to the doctor after work today so he can run an additional test. I'm happy she has a caring doctor who is really looking for answers.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi Gmom - Prayers on the way!!

YES - I do use tissues to wipe away excess drops!! Maybe that's it. I have decided to cut back on the knitting for now. Whether it's eye strain or fibers, my eyes need to rest. I can't use the Sustane drops right now for my dry eyes. Dr. wants to wait till I use up the prescribed eye drops first. I can tell you, I will be glad to be back to normal.
Thanks for your prayers for Lori! I'll let y'all know when the results are in.

I know you have to finish your antibiotic drops but it sure seems a pain to have to do it for so many days, huh? I didn't mind because I thought they were soothing but DH hates eye drops and I had to hold his eyes open to put them in for him. :-) He sure was happy when he no longer needed them.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 299
Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
Sending you prayers gmom

Fell off the wagon today

First, All day at work I avoided temptations. We were brought these gourmet muffins from this place called gingerbread house. They are beautiful and delicious! lol. But all day I didnt eat one. Then, payday, we usually do take out. I split a grilled chicken and feta salad with one of the other nurses ( I usually eat one on my own; but Im trying better portion control as well).

So,...anyways, it was one of those stressful days at work. Full moons..never good...lol. We all went out after work and had a drink and appetizier. I caved. Had a glass of wine, and shared the pub appetizers. A couple of hours later I went to my DD bday party that her Dad was hosting. Pizza and cake were offered. I accepted the pizza and passed on the cake.

BAD DAY . Back on track tomorrow, and I will extend phase 1 an extra day

Logging my food in on the site...UGLY!!! I consumed like 3000 calories. figured that out tonight after I had consumed everything. Kinda makes you realize how bad those poor choices or slips off the diet can be......
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
Sending you prayers gmom

Fell off the wagon today

First, All day at work I avoided temptations. We were brought these gourmet muffins from this place called gingerbread house. They are beautiful and delicious! lol. But all day I didnt eat one. Then, payday, we usually do take out. I split a grilled chicken and feta salad with one of the other nurses ( I usually eat one on my own; but Im trying better portion control as well).

So,...anyways, it was one of those stressful days at work. Full moons..never good...lol. We all went out after work and had a drink and appetizier. I caved. Had a glass of wine, and shared the pub appetizers. A couple of hours later I went to my DD bday party that her Dad was hosting. Pizza and cake were offered. I accepted the pizza and passed on the cake.

BAD DAY . Back on track tomorrow, and I will extend phase 1 an extra day

Logging my food in on the site...UGLY!!! I consumed like 3000 calories. figured that out tonight after I had consumed everything. Kinda makes you realize how bad those poor choices or slips off the diet can be......
Thanks, Buckhuntress! Don't beat yourself up over it. Days like that happen! Funny you should mention the full moon. I've heard someone on the radio say that its crazy in ERs on full moons.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
I worked in ER for over 20 years, and yes full moon is crazy. More so because it is light longer outside and people are out longer! "Harvest Moon" was probablly named for getting more work done on a work day because the "day" seems extended by the bright light of a full moonshine!

Praying Lori gets answers, and that she looks to the Lord for strength in all of this.
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 299
Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
I have to work a double...nightshift tonight, dayshift in the morning so I just weighed in for my morning weigh in tomorrow...down 4lbs exactly!
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
I have to work a double...nightshift tonight, dayshift in the morning so I just weighed in for my morning weigh in tomorrow...down 4lbs exactly!
Congratulations! That's a great loss!
Hope your double shift runs smoothly!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
yay for the weight loss! We are going on vacation starting Saturday! I have been swamped at work but I am back to the weight I was before I was pregnant!!!! This is HUGE for me! My body isn't the same but I am so happy to reach that milestone (also means I lost 15% of my total body weight from when I was at my heaviest PP, 224 is where I started my journey in '07)

I hope more exercise will help tighten some of it up.

Last edited by glitterific; 09-24-2013 at 07:18 AM..
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #115
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,981
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
yay for the weight loss! We are going on vacation starting Saturday! I have been swamped at work but I am back to the weight I was before I was pregnant!!!! This is HUGE for me! My body isn't the same but I am so happy to reach that milestone (also means I lost 15% of my total body weight from when I was at my heaviest PP, 224 is where I started my journey in '07)

I hope more exercise will help tighten some of it up.
WOW CONGRATULATIONS GIRLFRIEND
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
yay for the weight loss! We are going on vacation starting Saturday! I have been swamped at work but I am back to the weight I was before I was pregnant!!!! This is HUGE for me! My body isn't the same but I am so happy to reach that milestone (also means I lost 15% of my total body weight from when I was at my heaviest PP, 224 is where I started my journey in '07)

I hope more exercise will help tighten some of it up.
Good for you! that has got to make you feel great!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
For lunch I pounded chicken breasts till flattened and spread hummus, feta cheese, and a few capers on top. Rolled up and secured with toothpick, sprinkled pepper and paprika on top and browned in olive oil. Added a little chicken broth and cooked it down making a little sauce. It was so good. I served it with romaine lettuce leaves with a little dressing sprinkled on top and parm cheese sprinkled on top of dressing. I know i didn't get enough veggies in but pressure has been really low 71/45 and I was taking it easy.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #118
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,669
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hey Beachers!!

Sorry to be so MIA...it's been a long week since I last posted. What have I done?

Two home Eagles games within 5 days (both losses ), business trip to Las Vegas including 5 hour flights each way, a 50th birthday party for a friend, our neighbor's son's wedding, and I just rolled in the door from a 2-day workshop at a customer's site. Whew!

So as you can imagine with all that going on, my eating has been all over the place. Too many meals where I had little to no control over my choices.

With all that being said, dinner tonight will be totally OP. Grilled asparagus and marinated pork tenderloin (EVOO, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, fresh oregano, Dijon mustard, fresh ground pepper.)

I need to catch up on everyone's posts - but I hope you are all doing well!! I'll be home the rest of the week, so I plan on having a good few days.
__________________
2014 is a new chapter in my journey...I am eager to embrace the changes coming my way and make it work.

2014 Running Miles: 394
2014 Walking Miles: 313
2014 Biking Miles: 513
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #119
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,981
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Hey Beachers!!

Sorry to be so MIA...it's been a long week since I last posted. What have I done?

Two home Eagles games within 5 days (both losses ), business trip to Las Vegas including 5 hour flights each way, a 50th birthday party for a friend, our neighbor's son's wedding, and I just rolled in the door from a 2-day workshop at a customer's site. Whew!

So as you can imagine with all that going on, my eating has been all over the place. Too many meals where I had little to no control over my choices.

With all that being said, dinner tonight will be totally OP. Grilled asparagus and marinated pork tenderloin (EVOO, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, fresh oregano, Dijon mustard, fresh ground pepper.)

I need to catch up on everyone's posts - but I hope you are all doing well!! I'll be home the rest of the week, so I plan on having a good few days.
HOME!!
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:03 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,675
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: Reached Goal!
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 28th May 2010
Hello, I will be joining you on the Beach as of tomorrow. I will stick with phase one until goal. Have not weighed myself in a while and I'm not looking forward to doing so.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:26 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.