Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 05:01 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Thanks Jeri
For the encouragement.I just feel so bad cause Rose thought I meant that bad. It is great to have that much discipline to be so healthy.Maybe in time I will be more in control.
I have lost 2 lbs in three days. But I am hoping to at least get back to 243.8 by Mon.Then I can go on from there. I use to give up easily too but I really need to do this, this time.

You'll laugh at me but I don't know what tailgating is even? I have heard that expression ALOT but never knew what it meant. We are NOT sports fans of any kind whatsoever!I know it has something to do with sports and that's it

Tailgating is cooking in a parking lot and "sharing" food with friends before a big event whether it is football, Nascar or a Jimmy Buffet concert. It's all about the food and friendship. A picnic in a parking lot...

Congratulations on the 2 lbs off!! Good job, positive attitude and be happy. I am having a struggle getting the scale to move, but at least I am moving.
Have a fabulous day!!!! Eat healthy and get moving...
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2013, 05:03 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Oops! Meant wouldn't it be great if it "counted" as aerobic exercise.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Good for you...I used to give up fast if I did some "over eating" but you can't gain it all back with one bad eating day and you can't lose it all with one good eating day. Baby steps, I say....You have to learn to walk before you can run. Ok, enough of my guff....

Sorry to hear that your daughter was upset...that's tough. Still Breaks my heart when my kids are upset and I can't fix it for them, and they are in their 20's.

Hope you get some rest tonight....
Quote:
Did you ever find out what upset your daughter so much? I hope she can be comforted. Good for you on not giving up!!

Thank you She is 20 months so not much can be figured out some days.. she has 5 teeth coming, perhaps she was over stimulated.. maybe her stomach hurt or a little bit of everything she woke up in a great mood and the rest of the week so far has been good!

Quote:
When people type, you can take it so many different ways. We can't hear the tone of your voice and you can't hear ours. don't let this stop you from posting. We are all here for each other.

I have grumpy days.....we all do. So CHEER - UP (if you jump for joy is that considered exercise???
I think here of all places, we can think of everyone as trying to keep us going, giving encouragement and not have to worry about it being negative.. I try to think of that when I read something that could be taken a different way. Everyone just wants one another to succeed, be happy and healthy.

Quote:
Wouldn't it be great if we could just click on the little icon for about a 1/2 hour and call it aerobic exercise?
Quote:
Wiz- let us know what you decide for your tailgating party. I, for one, can always use 'party' food ideas. You should chart your progress on a map. I did that when I was walking 3-5 miles a day. My husband put a giant map in our exercise room next to the treadmill and when I'd hit a certain point he'd put a pin on the spot. My friend and I, who live in different states, were aiming to meet in the middle. I think I walked about 500 miles.
I wish I could click a button the map idea is so neat!! what a motivation!
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Jeri
For the encouragement.I just feel so bad cause Rose thought I meant that bad. It is great to have that much discipline to be so healthy.Maybe in time I will be more in control.
I have lost 2 lbs in three days. But I am hoping to at least get back to 243.8 by Mon.Then I can go on from there. I use to give up easily too but I really need to do this, this time.

You'll laugh at me but I don't know what tailgating is even? I have heard that expression ALOT but never knew what it meant. We are NOT sports fans of any kind whatsoever!I know it has something to do with sports and that's it
Quote:
Tailgating is cooking in a parking lot and "sharing" food with friends before a big event whether it is football, Nascar or a Jimmy Buffet concert. It's all about the food and friendship. A picnic in a parking lot...

Congratulations on the 2 lbs off!! Good job, positive attitude and be happy. I am having a struggle getting the scale to move, but at least I am moving.
Have a fabulous day!!!! Eat healthy and get moving...
Yay!! All that vacation weight will go away before you know it

Looks like this afternoon will be stormy and rainy so no walking around at lunch. I'll be going to a kids consignment sale tonight. Very excited. Having the rest of our greek gyro meatballs for dinner tonight.

We are going to NYC for a day trip on Saturday with my MIL for her 60th birthday. We are seeing Cindy Lauper's "Kinky Boots" show and brunch. Looking forward to the fall weather!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post

Looks like this afternoon will be stormy and rainy so no walking around at lunch. I'll be going to a kids consignment sale tonight. Very excited. Having the rest of our greek gyro meatballs for dinner tonight.

We are going to NYC for a day trip on Saturday with my MIL for her 60th birthday. We are seeing Cindy Lauper's "Kinky Boots" show and brunch. Looking forward to the fall weather!
My son-in-law her!!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Quote:
My son-in-law her!!
Hope y'all have a nice time! You'll probably get all your walking in on Saturday. Hope the weather is nice for you!
Old 09-13-2013, 05:36 AM   #67
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Just finished up a great 5-mile run!! But it was not a good weigh-in for me today. I need to change things up a bit in order to get these few lbs I gained at the end of the summer off.

Glitter, I am so jealous, I would love to see Kinky Boots. It's gotten some great reviews. Where are you going for brunch?

Also you mentioned Rachel Ray's southwestern turkey burger recipe, this is another of hers that I really like:

Rachael Ray's Official Website - Cheddar-Studded Turkey Burgers

Although I use slightly less chili powder/cumin and I substitute cut up red pepper for the jalapeno. My husband is not crazy about spicy food. He loves these burgers, we grill them.

How's everybody else doing?? Ready for the weekend??

2014 Running Miles: 125
2014 Walking Miles: 100
2014 Biking Miles: 268
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #68
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 10th, 2014
Hello SB Friends

Well you can tell I am the oldest one on here since I didn't know what tailgating was.NOW I have to ask what are Kinky Boots? The thought came to my mind they were the kind that are all folded over at the top?

Well I seem to be going in the wrong direction here with this weight loss.But I have figured out why and I am doing some changing around too. I read the book and have thought I was doing it right but seems I wasn't. So I am going to keep reading and eat meat and veggies for a few days to get back down and then go on from there.

I helped with a funeral luncheon yesterday and boy oh boy did I go off. Started with just a couple chips then a few more then a few of those tiny coconut coated doughnuts, then a slice of chocolate cake then slice of lemon cake. Then we ate lunch I ate on plan for lunch
I ate a slice of ham, green beans,sliced tomatoes,5 stuffed olives,and few tbs of peas.

But before lunch I was just awful. That is the 2nd time since starting that I went gung ho on going off plan.So back at it today one meal at a time!What a struggle Proves to me that sugar and carbs are my enemy

A friend that helped yesterday ate a chip or two and said wow those are gopher chips. I said what? He said you eat one and then gopher for another
He was rght!

With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.
Roberta

Started Low Carb April10th 2014

Last edited by Berta48; 09-13-2013 at 09:40 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Cindy Lauper's "Kinky Boots" is a Broadway show

home with my daughter today.. went grocery shopping and more clothing shopping for my cousin's future baby having a good day!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #70
Berta48

Quote:
Cindy Lauper's "Kinky Boots" is a Broadway show

home with my daughter today.. went grocery shopping and more clothing shopping for my cousin's future baby having a good day!
Thanks... boy do I feel dumb? YES
Old 09-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday was a bad day...Got on the scale and it was up 1/2 lb but I ate really well the day before....Ate well all day til after work. Bottle of Chardonnay, a Subway footlong club sub and 2 bags of reg. chips.
Didn't weigh myself this morning, but punished myself instead.
today....Cheese stick and coffee for breakfast, homemade cabbage soup and water for lunch, 28 pistachios for snack, dinner out, healthy made salmon, salad with tomato and carrots (red wine vinegar for dressing) and plain cooked broccoli and water.

Came home and stomach not happy, so had a cheese stick. Wish I didn't have to eat. The guilt, the work.....ok done complaining for now. Until next time....LOL
Old 09-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #72
Berta48

I am wondering if you make pancakes or other items from Almond Four what should you it count as a Starch or fat?

I hope everyone has a wonderful week-end!!

Last edited by Berta48; 09-14-2013 at 10:35 AM..
Old 09-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am wondering if you make pancakes or other items from Almond Four what should you it count as a Starch or fat?

I would count it as nuts.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Quote:
Yesterday was a bad day...Got on the scale and it was up 1/2 lb but I ate really well the day before....Ate well all day til after work. Bottle of Chardonnay, a Subway footlong club sub and 2 bags of reg. chips.
Didn't weigh myself this morning, but punished myself instead.
today....Cheese stick and coffee for breakfast, homemade cabbage soup and water for lunch, 28 pistachios for snack, dinner out, healthy made salmon, salad with tomato and carrots (red wine vinegar for dressing) and plain cooked broccoli and water.

Came home and stomach not happy, so had a cheese stick. Wish I didn't have to eat. The guilt, the work.....ok done complaining for now. Until next time....LOL
Sorry you had such a bad day! We all have them! Just need to get back on plan and go from there. My bad days make me want anything chocolate. Don't know why that's my food of choice to comfort myself. I've gone months without it and this week I've craved it all week.

DH made reservations for dinner tonight to celebrate our anniversary. We only go to this place for really special occasions. The meals are 5 courses so I'm going off plan and having something Italian and something chocolate afterwards. I know I'll pay for it later but oh we'll... I've been on plan and still gained weight even after several days of no appetite. Today I was 147 up from 145 and don't think it was fluid.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #75
Berta48

Quote:
I would count it as nuts.
I am so glad to hear that.I was hoping that would be it, because I really like the pancakes I made.I added blueberries and froze the rest of them. 2 is a serving. The recipe is from my Almond Flour Cookbook. I am making a banana choc chip cake for dessert tonight. It makes 8 servings and is baked in a 9 in cake pan. I will use RF cream cheese and a tad of ff yogurt for the icingBut I will put a thin layer on or might leave it plain

I had also gained some weight.I had gotten back up to 249. And about two or three weeks ago I was 243.8 But this morning I was 246.....So I am getting it back off. I had not been drinking my water I actually forgot all about it.So that is one reason.The other was my vacation.I did a correction day yesterday that I learned from doing the RX HCG plan.On HCG if you go 2lbs over your last dose weight you are to do a Correction Day and you loose 1-2lbs over night.Well I lost 3 lbs from it yesterday.So I am very,very happy!

Now I can go on and stay with SB plan and get this off!We all are going to have our good days and our bad days. But when we get off we just have to get right back on again as soon as we can!I love the Holidays but boy oh boy do I gain during them.

Christmas is here at our place this year (Maybe) So if itis they are going to be eating Healthy. I have alot of recipes that are very tasty and good carbs and good fats also. I will jsut have to watch my portions.That is my biggest problem area right now.

The one I am thinking of is pumpkin pie with pecan crust

Have a nice weekend and enjoy your time out!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Last edited by Berta48; 09-14-2013 at 12:47 PM..
Old 09-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #76
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Off to Vegas for a business trip...hope everyone has great week. I will check in on Friday after I get home.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #77
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Off to Vegas for a business trip...hope everyone has great week. I will check in on Friday after I get home.
Have a good trip, Wiz. Do you ever have time to do fun things or is it all work?
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
Start Date: 1/2005
Hi Everyone,

Today was my official day back on the beach. I'm back to work now after my surgery, and just completed my course of prednisone from my respiratory infection. No more messing around. I just cleaned out my closet too of all the clothes that arent ever going to fit me again its not pretty...lol

Back in the day I got down to 108 on SB. Today my weigh in is 134.4. Im setting mini goals. First goal is 125. I really dont want to get down to 108 again, it was too slim for me; but I think I will be happy to settle in somewhere around 120. I don't want to get too obsessed with the numbers. I joined the website cuz I thought the pain of paying may keep me accountable seeings Ive been struggling for a couple of years now trying to get back on track. The site says my ideal weight is between 96-116...yikes! And it helps you track your food and calories. Pretty good phase 1 day, although according to the site I consumed a little too much protein and calories...hmmm.

B crustless quiche with rf cheese, tomatoes, green peppers

1/2 caf coffee throughout the day with altogether a cup of skim milk

L grilled burger, 1 slice RF cheese, mustard, dill pickle, and a handful of raw green beans from the garden

D 6oz roast beef, roasted mushrooms, salad with a few black olives and RF dressing

just ate 1/4 cup unsalted almonds, cuz Im still hungry

atleast 8 glasses of water

Its time to take care of myself, slim down, and feel healthy again
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Last night we had wonderful food for our anniversary dinner..none of it diet except the salad course. We had shrimp au gratin, salad, two pastas (one red sauce and one Alfredo), pan seared fish, and a chocolate mousse cake. I'd be hard pressed to say what was my favorite. All courses were served on small plates and I only tasted a couple bites of everything except the fish and dessert. So it could have been worse! It was a special occasion so i don't feel bad about it and we are going back on plan. The wine steward was making eye contact with my husband and I knew something was up. A few mins later she brought out a beautiful flower arrangement of long stemmed roses. He can sometimes be very romantic. I am just hoping now that it won't be especially hard to go back on plan. We're thinking of going back to phase 1 for a few days and then back to phase 2. Or should we just stay on phase 2 and maybe cut back? Any suggestions?

Wiz- enjoy your trip and don't work too hard! :-)
Old 09-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Have a good trip, Wiz. Do you ever have time to do fun things or is it all work?
Happy to have you back, Rose! We missed you!
Old 09-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
Hi Everyone,

Today was my official day back on the beach. I'm back to work now after my surgery, and just completed my course of prednisone from my respiratory infection. No more messing around. I just cleaned out my closet too of all the clothes that arent ever going to fit me again its not pretty...lol

Back in the day I got down to 108 on SB. Today my weigh in is 134.4. Im setting mini goals. First goal is 125. I really dont want to get down to 108 again, it was too slim for me; but I think I will be happy to settle in somewhere around 120. I don't want to get too obsessed with the numbers. I joined the website cuz I thought the pain of paying may keep me accountable seeings Ive been struggling for a couple of years now trying to get back on track. The site says my ideal weight is between 96-116...yikes! And it helps you track your food and calories. Pretty good phase 1 day, although according to the site I consumed a little too much protein and calories...hmmm.

L grilled burger, 1 slice RF cheese, mustard, dill pickle, and a handful of raw green beans from the garden

D 6oz roast beef, roasted mushrooms, salad with a few black olives and RF dressing

Welcome back, Buckhuntress! Hope you're feeling well!
Old 09-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #82
Berta48

Quote:
Be safe!
Quote:
Have you forgiven me?
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

HI GMOM!!
Old 09-16-2013, 05:24 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Awesome!!! I am taking control this week! Just had a spinach, red pepper egg white omelet and coffee for breakfast. Gonna re read the book again. Love when you all share what you ate for the day. Gives me ideas....
Old 09-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Awesome!!! I am taking control this week! Just had a spinach, red pepper egg white omelet and coffee for breakfast. Gonna re read the book again. Love when you all share what you ate for the day. Gives me ideas....
Jeri-if you'd like you can come over and join us in What's for dinner. There are several of us who, when time permits, try to log in what meals we're fixing for the day.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am so glad to hear that.I was hoping that would be it, because I really like the pancakes I made.I added blueberries and froze the rest of them. 2 is a serving. The recipe is from my Almond Flour Cookbook. I am making a banana choc chip cake for dessert tonight. It makes 8 servings and is baked in a 9 in cake pan. I will use RF cream cheese and a tad of ff yogurt for the icingBut I will put a thin layer on or might leave it plain

I had also gained some weight.I had gotten back up to 249. And about two or three weeks ago I was 243.8 But this morning I was 246.....So I am getting it back off. I had not been drinking my water I actually forgot all about it.So that is one reason.The other was my vacation.I did a correction day yesterday that I learned from doing the RX HCG plan.On HCG if you go 2lbs over your last dose weight you are to do a Correction Day and you loose 1-2lbs over night.Well I lost 3 lbs from it yesterday.So I am very,very happy!

Now I can go on and stay with SB plan and get this off!We all are going to have our good days and our bad days. But when we get off we just have to get right back on again as soon as we can!I love the Holidays but boy oh boy do I gain during them.
Yup, getting right back on the horse at the next MEAL.. not just the next day.. the next meal! It really helps you make it a lifestyle change!

Quote:
We're thinking of going back to phase 1 for a few days and then back to phase 2. Or should we just stay on phase 2 and maybe cut back? Any suggestions?
Reading through the book in Phase 3 section, if you have cravings, Dr A suggests to go back to Phase 1 until cravings subside.. otherwise stick to Phase 2. This is how I have dealt with every time I've gone off.

Quote:
Have a great week!! See you Friday!

Quote:
Yay Jeri!! I love red peppers in my eggs, great idea

NYC was a nice time.. ate a little off but nothing drastic, enjoyed a few bites of things that weren't OP. 12 days until vacation!! I can't wait
Old 09-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #86
Berta48

Morning Sb Buds.

Well I am back down to 246 haven't changed my ticker but at least I am out of the
250's now! Boy I do believe this is te hardest thing I have ever done.I quit smoking so much easier and it was hard to do.

I have been eating strictly on plan. And I plan on keeping it up.I have to do this. I just get in a hurry and want it off now. Yet I know it took me 65 years to get here.I pray to God it doesn't take me 65 to get it off. if it does I will be in heaven with a brand new immortal body anyway and then it won't matter

Last year I was 275.8 and wore a 3x but now I am 246 and wear a 1x so I am losing even if my weight isn't going away very fast. My bra size has went form a 56 to a 42 so that is good too, my underwear are down 2 sizes too!! YES I know it is still huge but it is better!

I hope EVERYONE has a great week!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Hi everybody - I'm back!!
Been a bit off-plan lately. Had a little trouble with the left eye, the pressure was up too much, so I have been taking care of that with drops and trying not to bend, lift, etc. I have not been motivated to cook AT ALL. (Something to do with not being able to read small print)!! Dr. said next month if the healing is better, I can get my reading glasses. HURRAY!!!

I will certainly try to do better with South Beach and get back on the band wagon. Going to have stewed beef with onions, green beans cooked with lima beans, brown rice and a tossed salad for dinner.

How has everyone been? Seems like forever since I was on here.

Penny
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #88
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi everybody - I'm back!!
Been a bit off-plan lately. Had a little trouble with the left eye, the pressure was up too much, so I have been taking care of that with drops and trying not to bend, lift, etc. I have not been motivated to cook AT ALL. (Something to do with not being able to read small print)!! Dr. said next month if the healing is better, I can get my reading glasses. HURRAY!!!

I will certainly try to do better with South Beach and get back on the band wagon. Going to have stewed beef with onions, green beans cooked with lima beans, brown rice and a tossed salad for dinner.

How has everyone been? Seems like forever since I was on here.
It has been forever.You did not have permission to be MIA!!I have asked about you on what's for dinner thread. I missed you. Happy you are back!!!!!
It's ok if you've been off plan. We all do from time to time, just get back on as soon as you can.

So good to see you again
Old 09-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning Sb Buds.

Well I am back down to 246 haven't changed my ticker but at least I am out of the
250's now! Boy I do believe this is te hardest thing I have ever done.I quit smoking so much easier and it was hard to do.

I have been eating strictly on plan. And I plan on keeping it up.I have to do this. I just get in a hurry and want it off now. Yet I know it took me 65 years to get here.I pray to God it doesn't take me 65 to get it off. if it does I will be in heaven with a brand new immortal body anyway and then it won't matter

Last year I was 275.8 and wore a 3x but now I am 246 and wear a 1x so I am losing even if my weight isn't going away very fast. My bra size has went form a 56 to a 42 so that is good too, my underwear are down 2 sizes too!! YES I know it is still huge but it is better!

I hope EVERYONE has a great week!!!

fABULOUS!!!
Old 09-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #90
Berta48

Quote:
fABULOUS!!!
Thanks My Friend