Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post

Happy Birthday!!!

Did you know they make skinny versions that you can actually have on SB? Mocha, Caramel, Cinnamon Dolce.

Jimmy Dean's Turkey sausage is great too (easy to microwave on busy mornings!)

It can still make changes on the inside I hope you get some answers.

I weighed in at work today, they are having a weight loss challenge and I decided just to do it for 'fun' I am down 1/2lb from the weekend.. I see lots of those microwave meals and hearing complaints of not losing weight

We leave on a cruise in 22 days!! Going to the Eastern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean.. preparing more mentally to stick to the guidelines.. I know you can make special requests for veggies every night at dinner if you are in the main dining room so I am doing that for sure. They even have another place for SB friendly breakfast/lunch so I can still do this while away!
Glitter- have you cruised before? On the first night when you're assigned a table tell them your dietary needs. They are very accommodating! And on lobster night you can order more than one if you're still hungry or even if you're not! ! There's also a gym on the ship but if they're booked up you can get all your exercise in walking around and around the decks or climbing stairs instead of taking the elevator. You'll have a ball!

Good job on your 1/2 lb loss!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Eating broccoli, dry rub marinated chicken breast, and water for supper. It is fabulous. So very tired from a long day. Just want to go to bed after dinner, but that is when I walk.

My friend is having a bake sale for Alzheimer's in the lounge tomorrow. We are both collecting donations for the Alzheimer's walk in Grand Rapids on the 14th. I won't be donating $ to the bake sale, but I am donating brownies instead. That way I won't be tempted to eat anything...it's still a donation.

I hope you all have a healthy eating day and a good night's sleep. Important!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #33
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Back from grocery shopping and I am tired.Seems the older I get the easier I am tired out!

I had a SF FF caramel frappuchinno it was good but no whipped cream or caramel topping. Problem was I ordered a samll and it 4.50 The large in Wichita cost that much. Probably won't be doing that again very soon

Well until next time
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:12 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Hey Berta....welcome back. Missed your beautiful smile!

Happy Friday Everyone....!

Made up a batch of cabbage soup to make lunch a little easier. It is sooo good and getting in my vegis.

Things are crazy at work and I get anxiety attacks ever since Dad was sick and passed away last year. I got one last night after supper. It really makes me feel sick to my stomach. On the good note, it makes me not want to eat.

Now that DH will have a new job, less pay, I have to be able to eat healthy yet save $. This new company is going to pay for our COBRA for two months before the new health ins. begins.

Enjoy your healthy eating day!!
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:52 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Planning on trying this soon...

MELT IN YOUR MOUTH CHICKEN

And it's Healthy...So much better than fried!!!

1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup Greek yogurt -plain
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Spread mixture over chicken breasts, bake at 375 degrees for 45 mins--Absolutely Delish!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:54 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
No I did not know that.What are they called? we just had a Starbucks open up here in town

Sounds like a nice vacation.I sure wish we would go somewhere beside s my D sisters for vacation sometime.Something exciting like you are doing.Could I join you?
Quote:
Back from grocery shopping and I am tired.Seems the older I get the easier I am tired out!

I had a SF FF caramel frappuchinno it was good but no whipped cream or caramel topping. Problem was I ordered a samll and it 4.50 The large in Wichita cost that much. Probably won't be doing that again very soon

Well until next time
yay!! Great job!! It is amazing how much their prices can fluctuate. Oh well, they are treats anyway!!

We haven't taken a big vacation since we were married 5 years ago.. we bought a house, renovated a kitchen, had a baby and paid of student loan debt so that left us broke for a few years. I wish we all could go on vacation together, we would have loads of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Glitter- have you cruised before? On the first night when you're assigned a table tell them your dietary needs. They are very accommodating! And on lobster night you can order more than one if you're still hungry or even if you're not! ! There's also a gym on the ship but if they're booked up you can get all your exercise in walking around and around the decks or climbing stairs instead of taking the elevator. You'll have a ball!

Good job on your 1/2 lb loss!
Never cruised! First time! We're on an Oasis class ship so they have a track to run or walk on! Basketball, volleyball and all kinds of things to do.

Thanks for the good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Eating broccoli, dry rub marinated chicken breast, and water for supper. It is fabulous. So very tired from a long day. Just want to go to bed after dinner, but that is when I walk.

My friend is having a bake sale for Alzheimer's in the lounge tomorrow. We are both collecting donations for the Alzheimer's walk in Grand Rapids on the 14th. I won't be donating $ to the bake sale, but I am donating brownies instead. That way I won't be tempted to eat anything...it's still a donation.

I hope you all have a healthy eating day and a good night's sleep. Important!!!
Do you have a dry rub recipe? I hope you had a restful evening

Quote:
Hey Berta....welcome back. Missed your beautiful smile!

Happy Friday Everyone....!

Made up a batch of cabbage soup to make lunch a little easier. It is sooo good and getting in my vegis.

Things are crazy at work and I get anxiety attacks ever since Dad was sick and passed away last year. I got one last night after supper. It really makes me feel sick to my stomach. On the good note, it makes me not want to eat.

Now that DH will have a new job, less pay, I have to be able to eat healthy yet save $. This new company is going to pay for our COBRA for two months before the new health ins. begins.

Enjoy your healthy eating day!!
*hugs* I hope work lets up, that sounds terrible
Lots of mixed blessings, great they will help with cobra b/c that is unreasonably expensive.

Quote:

1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Spread mixture over chicken breasts, bake at 375 degrees for 45 mins--Absolutely Delish!
That is JUST like the kraft mayo recipe that stuff is GOOD..

I'm making Kalyn's Kitchen Gyro Meatballs tonight, yum!
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
yay!! Great job!! It is amazing how much their prices can fluctuate. Oh well, they are treats anyway!!

We haven't taken a big vacation since we were married 5 years ago.. we bought a house, renovated a kitchen, had a baby and paid of student loan debt so that left us broke for a few years. I wish we all could go on vacation together, we would have loads of fun.

Never cruised! First time! We're on an Oasis class ship so they have a track to run or walk on! Basketball, volleyball and all kinds of things to do.

Thanks for the good job

Lots of mixed blessings, great they will help with cobra b/c that is unreasonably expensive.

Is the Oasis 'class' ship the Oasis of the Sea? I think I've been on that one too. We boarded in Galveston, first destination was Key West, then in to Cozumel and Belize if I remember correctly. Is that your itinerary? Yes, the walking/ running track is on deck, not sure which one. But I believe the gym is at the end of the ship on maybe the top floor. As I walked on the treadmill I was able to look at the beautiful blue green water. Made the time go quicker. You might want to go at different times of the day to see when there's a lull as sometimes it can be pretty hard to get a spot in the gym. Hope y'all have smooth sailing!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #38
Berta48

Quote:

Thanks for the good job

Well I am so thankful to you for telling me they had those kind.I never knew it before.It did taste really good. FF milk SF syrup. Just no whipped cream or caramel topping which I stated in my prior post

Well I am so thankful to you for telling me they had those kind.I never knew it before.It did taste really good. FF milk SF syrup. Just no whipped cream or caramel topping which I stated in my prior post

YES, we could all have so much fun on a cruise together!!! We could help keep one another on track with our eating!!!Please have fun and be safe!

Quote:

1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Thanks for the nice complement.You have a great smile too!!! The recipe is one I will have to try for sure sounds so yummy!! I am fixing shrimp & broccolli alfredo for supper.The noodles are wwheat and the sauce is Classico Creamy Alfredo light it has for one serving... 1gms of sugar 3 carbs, 5gms fat 60 cal per serving. It is really good too!!

Last edited by Berta48; 09-06-2013 at 12:46 PM..
Old 09-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: paulainks
Stats: 215/173.5/129
Start Date: June 11, 2013
COBRA plans really are unreasonably expensive. That's awesome the compnay is picking up the cost for a while.

Anyone know much about Stevia? I'm enjoying the sweet drops, good little addition to milk. I'm wondering if they are SB friendly. I would think that they are.
paulainks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #40
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulainks View Post
COBRA plans really are unreasonably expensive. That's awesome the compnay is picking up the cost for a while.

Anyone know much about Stevia? I'm enjoying the sweet drops, good little addition to milk. I'm wondering if they are SB friendly. I would think that they are.
Stevia is fine.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Is the Oasis 'class' ship the Oasis of the Sea? I think I've been on that one too. We boarded in Galveston, first destination was Key West, then in to Cozumel and Belize if I remember correctly. Is that your itinerary? Yes, the walking/ running track is on deck, not sure which one. But I believe the gym is at the end of the ship on maybe the top floor. As I walked on the treadmill I was able to look at the beautiful blue green water. Made the time go quicker. You might want to go at different times of the day to see when there's a lull as sometimes it can be pretty hard to get a spot in the gym. Hope y'all have smooth sailing!
Oasis class ships are Oasis and Allure of the seas.. we'll be on the Allure! Thanks so much for the tips. We are staying on the 14th deck so stairs will be used I am sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Stevia is fine.

I made shephard's pie with ground turkey and sweet potato for the top.. very good dinner to kick off this seasonably fall weather.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #42
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hey Beachers, hope everyone had a great weekend! It was just stunning here at the Jersey Shore...perfect weather. We did a lot of walking, biking, ocean swimming, etc.

Glitter, very cool on the cruise! We've never gone on one before, I will be interested in hearing your feedback. What destinations are you stopping at?

Jeri, congrats on your husband's new job!

Not much new to report here, it's a non business travel week. Yea!

Hope everyone has a great week on the Beach!!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #43
Berta48

Hell Gang
I am sorta in the mully grubs today,I was to 248 this morning, Have no idea why. It is so hard for me to loose this weight, I have been on plan but no exercise as I just can't do it any more.My bones are old and knees gone and arthritis is set in really bad.MY fingers are even crooked now. I am so sorry to be complaning as I have so very much more to be thankful for than some.

If anyone has any helpful info it would be greatly appreciated!Could I go back to PH1?
Old 09-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #44

Quote:
Hell Gang
I am sorta in the mully grubs today,I was to 248 this morning, Have no idea why. It is so hard for me to loose this weight, I have been on plan but no exercise as I just can't do it any more.My bones are old and knees gone and arthritis is set in really bad.MY fingers are even crooked now. I am so sorry to be complaning as I have so very much more to be thankful for than some.

If anyone has any helpful info it would be greatly appreciated!Could I go back to PH1?
Weren't you just on a little vacation? That's always good for a few pounds. I would continue eating on plan. Variations are going to happen.

I would suggest giving up all grains, esp wheat products for a good period of time, (if not forever.) Not only would that help your arthritis in the long term, but also will help with the scale. Don't focus on the scale so much as on your long term health, arthritis and diabetes issues.

Oh, and stay out of Starbucks. Those drinks are not what they seem.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Just got back from going out to supper at a steak house. Ordered plain baked sweet potato, salad with tomatoes, carrots and oil/vinegar on the side. Had 1 glass of Merlot and 2 glasses of water. I didn't eat any of the rolls they give you. had a few peanuts.
Feeling good about decisions.

Had a smoothie for an after work snack. Skim milk, cocoa, a little SF choc. syrup, ice, 1/2 banana, 3 frozen strawberries, splenda. It was such a treat. Loved it!

Had a strange beginning to the day. Two hour delay for work cuz of power outage. Still turned out to be a good eating day....
Old 09-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #46
Berta48

Quote:
Weren't you just on a little vacation? That's always good for a few pounds. I would continue eating on plan. Variations are going to happen.

I would suggest giving up all grains, esp wheat products for a good period of time, (if not forever.) Not only would that help your arthritis in the long term, but also will help with the scale. Don't focus on the scale so much as on your long term health, arthritis and diabetes issues.

Oh, and stay out of Starbucks. Those drinks are not what they seem.
Yes when I came back from vacation I was 252. But I had gotten down to 245 and now I was 248 this morning.Starbucks I drink SF FF frappuchinno it is 300 calories no whipped cream. Don't do that often but it is my treat.
I probably won't quit. And as for thre wheat I am not giving it up either.
So guess I'll have to pay the consequenses if that's the problem. Which IMO it isn't.I will never be as strict about things like you are.Life is just to short I do go by the book for the most part if Dr A says I can have it then for me it is ok.Minimally processed things don't bother me. I am not that much of a health nut.Probably should be but I am not.

I will focus on my health rather than my weight.As for the starches I only have one a day once in awhile sometimes 2 but very rarely.The fruit I haven'tbeen eating but one of them if any either. It will come back off I have a few tricks up my sleeve that will get it off.

Thanks for your input it is appreciated!

Last edited by Berta48; 09-09-2013 at 07:12 PM..
Old 09-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #47

Quote:
Yes when I came back from vacation I was 252. But I had gotten down to 245 and now I was 248 this morning.Starbucks I drink SF FF frappuchinno it is 300 calories no whipped cream. Don't do that often but it is my treat.
I probably won't quit. And as for thre wheat I am not giving it up either.
So guess I'll have to pay the consequenses if that's the problem. Which IMO it isn't.I will never be as strict about things like you are.Life is just to short I do go by the book for the most part if Dr A says I can have it then for me it is ok.Minimally processed things don't bother me. I am not that much of a health nut.Probably should be but I am not.

I will focus on my health rather than my weight.As for the starches I only have one a day once in awhile sometimes 2 but very rarely.The fruit I haven'tbeen eating but one of them if any either. It will come back off I have a few tricks up my sleeve that will get it off.

Thanks for your input it is appreciated!
I'm not sure, but I think I resent being called a health nut. You asked, I answered. I could give you studies about wheat and arthritis, but I won't waste my time.

Last edited by rose1; 09-09-2013 at 08:27 PM..
Old 09-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #48
Berta48

Quote:
I'm not sure, but I think I resent being called a health nut. You asked, I answered. I could give you studies about wheat and arthritis, but I won't waste my time.
Rose
I apologize I certainly meant nothing like you took it. Please forgive me. I honestly meant nothing like what you thought.That is one reason why I don't like the internet as people can not see expressions. I didnt mean anything deogortory about you at all.I need to be more like you I might be much more successful if I were. I just meant that I am not as concerned about different things like being processed etc. I am wanting to lose weight and right now that is all I care about. My Dr said if I lost the weight my health would take of itself.
Again Rose I am sorryI hope you'll forgive me, as I am not one to hurt other people ever!

I know there are articles about such things. But one person says it one way, another says something different. So it is hard to know the truth.
I do appreciate all your help you have been there for me for quite sometime now and I am truly sorry.

Last edited by Berta48; 09-09-2013 at 09:26 PM..
Old 09-10-2013, 04:55 AM   #49
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all!

I am making one of my go-to South Beach dinners for tonight....Stuffed Red Peppers. (By the way, you can also use green peppers, but I find the flavor of them to overwhelm my stuffing.)

You can stuff them with SO many different things. I do Mexi Peppers (ground turkey, green chilis, onion, tomatoes, cheddar jack cheese), Veggie Peppers (mushrooms, spinach, tomato, onion, RF swiss) and today's version which is low fat chicken sausage, with spinach, onion, sun-dried tomatoes, fennel seed, thyme, and skim mozz.

The key is to roast the peppers first on 400, until the skin starts to blacken. (Flip them over halfway through.) In the mean time, make your stuffing. I sautéed the sausage and onions, adding in the other ingredients at the end. I stuff them, refrigerate them and just heat at 325 long enough to melt the cheese at dinner time. A great make-ahead meal, and I love the leftovers for breakfast or lunch the next day.

One note, when using chicken or turkey sausage - read the label!! Our supermarket had a version of chicken sausage that had a whopping 22 grams of fat per serving. Holy Cow!! The type I am using today was actually only 4 grams of fat per serving, but I go up as far as 7 grams.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

2014 Running Miles: 285
2014 Walking Miles: 278
2014 Biking Miles: 441
Old 09-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Good morning all!

I am making one of my go-to South Beach dinners for tonight....Stuffed Red Peppers. (By the way, you can also use green peppers, but I find the flavor of them to overwhelm my stuffing.)

You can stuff them with SO many different things. I do Mexi Peppers (ground turkey, green chilis, onion, tomatoes, cheddar jack cheese), Veggie Peppers (mushrooms, spinach, tomato, onion, RF swiss) and today's version which is low fat chicken sausage, with spinach, onion, sun-dried tomatoes, fennel seed, thyme, and skim mozz.

The key is to roast the peppers first on 400, until the skin starts to blacken. (Flip them over halfway through.) In the mean time, make your stuffing. I sautéed the sausage and onions, adding in the other ingredients at the end. I stuff them, refrigerate them and just heat at 325 long enough to melt the cheese at dinner time. A great make-ahead meal, and I love the leftovers for breakfast or lunch the next day.

One note, when using chicken or turkey sausage - read the label!! Our supermarket had a version of chicken sausage that had a whopping 22 grams of fat per serving. Holy Cow!! The type I am using today was actually only 4 grams of fat per serving, but I go up as far as 7 grams.

Hope everyone has a good day!!
Never thought to make vegi stuffed peppers. I love Red Peppers. So sweet! I am eating my cabbage soup (getting in my vegis!) and 1/2 a grilled chicken breast for lunch. I will have to try your recipe. Red Peppers are on sale right now.

Went out for a walk last night with my DH. We actually did a walk/run/walk/run. It felt so good. Then we jumped in the pool to cool off.

I hope you all have a great rest of your day!!
Old 09-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #51
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Just finished up a 5 mile run, followed by some watering and weeding. I feel like I already put a full day in and I haven't even started work yet. I love when I wake up really early.

It's that time of year when I have to start figuring out my tailgating menus! I have season tickets to the Philadelphia Eagles, so 8 Sundays of the year I need to whip up some SB friendly snacks that are easily transported and/or grilled. I am thinking I may marinate some shrimp and skewer them grilling...we'll see.

Have a good day SBers!!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning!

Just finished up a 5 mile run, followed by some watering and weeding. I feel like I already put a full day in and I haven't even started work yet. I love when I wake up really early.

It's that time of year when I have to start figuring out my tailgating menus! I have season tickets to the Philadelphia Eagles, so 8 Sundays of the year I need to whip up some SB friendly snacks that are easily transported and/or grilled. I am thinking I may marinate some shrimp and skewer them grilling...we'll see.

Have a good day SBers!!
oh I love tailgating.. Rachel Ray has a great southwestern turkey burger recipe that everyone loves! Stays nice n juicy!

I had a tough Monday night with my daughter, she was so upset and nothing I did would calm her.. the toughest night in a very long time.. My husband ordered pizza for dinner (and I enjoyed a single pumpkin IPA) and that would have probably been okay had I had just one slice. No cravings or stomach upset but it shows on the scale. Been eating well since then. I just need to get my husband to cook the meals I've planned if something like that happens again. In the past, I would have given up just b/c of that meal and I feel like I have turned a corner.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
oh I love tailgating.. Rachel Ray has a great southwestern turkey burger recipe that everyone loves! Stays nice n juicy!

I had a tough Monday night with my daughter, she was so upset and nothing I did would calm her.. the toughest night in a very long time.. My husband ordered pizza for dinner (and I enjoyed a single pumpkin IPA) and that would have probably been okay had I had just one slice. No cravings or stomach upset but it shows on the scale. Been eating well since then. I just need to get my husband to cook the meals I've planned if something like that happens again. In the past, I would have given up just b/c of that meal and I feel like I have turned a corner.
Good for you...I used to give up fast if I did some "over eating" but you can't gain it all back with one bad eating day and you can't lose it all with one good eating day. Baby steps, I say....You have to learn to walk before you can run. Ok, enough of my guff....

Sorry to hear that your daughter was upset...that's tough. Still Breaks my heart when my kids are upset and I can't fix it for them, and they are in their 20's.

Hope you get some rest tonight....
Old 09-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning!

Have a good day SBers!!
I have to say I have never "tailgated" before. Not a huge sports family. I should put that on my bucket list. (mainly cuz it involves eating...)

I am sure you will come up with some yummy SB recipes....be sure to share..
Old 09-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Rose
I apologize I certainly meant nothing like you took it. Please forgive me. I honestly meant nothing like what you thought.That is one reason why I don't like the internet as people can not see expressions. I didnt mean anything deogortory about you at all.I need to be more like you I might be much more successful if I were. I just meant that I am not as concerned about different things like being processed etc. I am wanting to lose weight and right now that is all I care about. My Dr said if I lost the weight my health would take of itself.
Again Rose I am sorryI hope you'll forgive me, as I am not one to hurt other people ever!

I know there are articles about such things. But one person says it one way, another says something different. So it is hard to know the truth.
I do appreciate all your help you have been there for me for quite sometime now and I am truly sorry.
When people type, you can take it so many different ways. We can't hear the tone of your voice and you can't hear ours. don't let this stop you from posting. We are all here for each other.

I have grumpy days.....we all do. So CHEER - UP (if you jump for joy is that considered exercise???
Old 09-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Did you ever find out what upset your daughter so much? I hope she can be comforted. Good for you on not giving up!!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Quote:
When people type, you can take it so many different ways. We can't hear the tone of your voice and you can't hear ours. don't let this stop you from posting. We are all here for each other.

I have grumpy days.....we all do. So CHEER - UP (if you jump for joy is that considered exercise???
Wouldn't it be great if we could just click on the little icon for about a 1/2 hour and call it aerobic exercise?
Old 09-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Wiz- let us know what you decide for your tailgating party. I, for one, can always use 'party' food ideas. You should chart your progress on a map. I did that when I was walking 3-5 miles a day. My husband put a giant map in our exercise room next to the treadmill and when I'd hit a certain point he'd put a pin on the spot. My friend and I, who live in different states, were aiming to meet in the middle. I think I walked about 500 miles.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wouldn't it be great if we could just click on the little icon for about a 1/2 hour and call it aerobic exercise?
Oops! Meant wouldn't it be great if it "counted" as aerobic exercise.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #60
Berta48

Quote:

Thanks Jeri
For the encouragement.I just feel so bad cause Rose thought I meant that bad. It is great to have that much discipline to be so healthy.Maybe in time I will be more in control.
I have lost 2 lbs in three days. But I am hoping to at least get back to 243.8 by Mon.Then I can go on from there. I use to give up easily too but I really need to do this, this time.

You'll laugh at me but I don't know what tailgating is even? I have heard that expression ALOT but never knew what it meant. We are NOT sports fans of any kind whatsoever!I know it has something to do with sports and that's it

Last edited by Berta48; 09-11-2013 at 08:48 PM..