Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gmomof7
A big welcome to Makemesmile! Hope you join us by posting your meals and meal ideas or just to chat. Glad to have you!

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile. Been extra busy lately. Blood pressure went down to 70/45 and pulse went up to 131. Went to dr and he told me to start eating more salty foods like potato chips, doritos, canned soups. None of those things are in my diet plan so I sprinkle salt in my hand and eat that. And I thought I was doing great not using much at all. :-)

I had to fast from midnight tuesday to noon wednesday for blood work. So no breakfast. For lunch past two days I've eaten a McDonald's hamburger patty and threw the bread away. I was in between appts and didn't have time to fix anything. Last night I made up for veggies by having lots of steamed green beans, broccoli along with a piece of rotiseried chicken. I spread a little hummus on the chicken for a different taste treat. Tonight I had a 6 oz steak with plain sweet potato and a salad. I had a banana as my snack.

Glitter- you must be getting ready to leave soon on your cruise. Hope you have a safe and fun filled vacation.

Berta- looks like you're the only one who has been posting regularly. :-)

Hi Penny! Hope you are feeling better and eyes are healing.

Jeri- so sorry to hear about your son's accident. I know your heart breaks at seeing him suffer but thankfully he made it and hopefully he'll recover very quickly! Anytime you need to 'talk' we're here for you! Big hugs coming your way!!!

Hoping things calm down here and I can get back to posting regularly. Y'all have a great night!

Last edited by Gmomof7; 09-26-2013 at 06:22 PM..
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #212
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
A big welcome to Makemesmile! Hope you join us by posting your meals and meal ideas or just to chat. Glad to have you!

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile. Been extra busy lately. Blood pressure went down to 70/45 and pulse went up to 131. Went to dr and he told me to start eating more salty foods like potato chips, doritos, canned soups. None of those things are in my diet plan so I sprinkle salt in my hand and eat that. And I thought I was doing great not using much at all. :-)

I had to fast from midnight tuesday to noon wednesday for blood work. So no breakfast. For lunch past two days I've eaten a McDonald's hamburger patty and threw the bread away. I was in between appts and didn't have time to fix anything. Last night I made up for veggies by having lots of steamed green beans, broccoli along with a piece of rotiseried chicken. I spread a little hummus on the chicken for a different taste treat. Tonight I had a 6 oz steak with plain sweet potato and a salad. I had a banana as my snack.

Glitter- you must be getting ready to leave soon on your cruise. Hope you have a safe and fun filled vacation.

Berta- looks like you're the only one who has been posting regularly. :-)

Hi Penny! Hope you are feeling better and eyes are healing.

Jeri- so sorry to hear about your son's accident. I know your heart breaks at seeing him suffer but thankfully he made it and hopefully he'll recover very quickly! Anytime you need to 'talk' we're here for you! Big hugs coming your way!!!

Hoping things calm down here and I can get back to posting regularly. Y'all have a great night!
Yes I have felt all alone

WOW that BP is really low. Hope it gets better soon. Wonder if Penny is doing well?You said welcome to someone but I didn't see any one post that was new on here? And Glitter is probably gone on her Cruise. Lucky lady!

Well I am certainly struggling with my eating I was 244 yesterday today 249I need to stay off the scales I guess, as Mondays are to be my weigh day.Seems when the go down I am very good and stick with it and when they go up it's like oh what the heck I may as well eat!Stupid strategy I know.
Tomorrrow night we are suppose to go to Pizza Hut with friends for supper then to their house for board games and card games.I don't really want to go but Dh does, so we are going. I plan on just eating the tops of a maybe 2 pieces and a salad.I don't know, I will just have to see.. I will eat something filling before I go, maybe that will help.But the smell of the pizza alone is torture nevertheless.

Sure hope you post more often.The other thread is sloooooow too!

Last edited by Berta48; 09-26-2013 at 08:42 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #213
Berta48

Well looks as if I am alone still. Where oh where have my buddies gone?

I am finally back down to my 244.I am so happy.I have cut back on my portions this week and it has workedNow if I can keep going down I will be happy

Today was tbacon, 97% FF cubed ham & cheese egg omolete and v8.Nothing for lunch as we were busy running errands and planting our spring flowers and making a flower bed for them
Supper was cornish hen and snack was grapes and cheese.
Did not get all my water in today
Old 10-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Last night was a piece of rotisseried chicken, hummus, steamed broccoli, and snap beans. Breakfast was egg beaters, turkey sausage and turkey bacon. We're pulling a 5th wheel camper so when we stop for lunch we'll fix whole wheat wraps filled with chicken, lettuce, and hummus.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #215
Berta48

Hi SB Friends
Today breakfast will be ww pancakes & SF maple syrup with T Bacon & V8.

Lunch probably a meat and cheese roll up in lettuce leaf, with celery and carrot sticks.

Super is stuffed zuchinni with RF Ground beef and cheese with green beans and sliced tomatoes on the side. Desert will be a blueberry, rasberry, and blackberry layered parfait with light cool whip.

I hope you all are having a great week

To the zuchinni you wash... it cut out the middle... chop it up really fine... then cook the hamburger and onions and seasonings and chopped zuchinni then stuff into the rest of the zuchinni(make like a boat)then top with cheese and bake or microwave until done and cheese is melted.If anyone wants the recipe I wil post it.Just let me know.

Last edited by Berta48; 10-01-2013 at 09:46 AM..
Old 10-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #216
Berta48

Quote:
Last night was a piece of rotisseried chicken, hummus, steamed broccoli, and snap beans. Breakfast was egg beaters, turkey sausage and turkey bacon. We're pulling a 5th wheel camper so when we stop for lunch we'll fix whole wheat wraps filled with chicken, lettuce, and hummus.
Sounds like fun!!
Old 10-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #217
Berta48

Last night was...
Baked Pork Chop
sautee'd mushroom and onions
fresh sliced tomatoes

Tonight
is
Home made Olive Garden Copy Cat Zuppa Toscana Soup
I Love that stuff. 2 cups is one serving at 251cal. 13.2 carbs
Desert will be......
Mixed berries with light cool whip

Snack.... 3 c popcorn
Old 10-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Last night was...
Baked Pork Chop
sautee'd mushroom and onions
fresh sliced tomatoes

Tonight
is
Home made Olive Garden Copy Cat Zuppa Toscana Soup
I Love that stuff. 2 cups is one serving at 251cal. 13.2 carbs
Desert will be......
Mixed berries with light cool whip

Snack.... 3 c popcorn
I love Zuppa Toscana and usually make mine in a pressure cooker. My family loves it too. I'm thinking when the weather turns cool that I'll try making it without the potatoes.

Tonight I had a side salad, green beans and crab stuffed flounder at a restaurant and think the crab stuffing was more stuffing and less crabmeat. Was totally disappointed.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #219
Berta48

Quote:
I love Zuppa Toscana and usually make mine in a pressure cooker. My family loves it too. I'm thinking when the weather turns cool that I'll try making it without the potatoes.

Tonight I had a side salad, green beans and crab stuffed flounder at a restaurant and think the crab stuffing was more stuffing and less crabmeat. Was totally disappointed.
It calls for 2 potatoes but I only added one and it makes about ten servings so I wasn't worried abouit the one potatoe split 10 ways. It is sooooo goood and I used ZTurkey Smoked Sausage.DHliked it too.
It would be just as good wihout a potatoe though
Old 10-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
We are making a big pot of chili for dinner tonight. One of the only things hubby will cook, and it comes out great!! We had eggs and lean ham for breakfast this morning. I think I will make a big salad and call it good!!

Getting a little more motivated to stick to South Beach. I can really notice the weight I've gained in how hard it is for me to move around. Better do it now...it doesn't get easier with age!!
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
I made tacos a little differently this week. Usually I'll use 3TBL of taco seasoning (homemade so it doesn't have junk in it), 1lb of beef, 1 can black beans and 1/2 C water..

I changed it by sauteing half an onion, then added beef, taco seasoning, 1 can of diced tomatoes and 1 can of black beans. Turned out great!

Tonight we're having fish tacos to use up the rest of the shredded lettuce/cabbage from beef tacos the other night.

Saturday: Lunch - Chicken Stirfry with Brown Rice
Dinner - Cheese Tortellini with Pumpkin Cauliflower Sauce (if you google Cauliflower Sauce, go to the Pinch of Yum link, I haven't tried it with pumpkin yet but I'm thinking I'll just add 1/2 C of pumpkin) I'll be making poached chicken breast to have with the sauce and broccoli. No pasta for me.

Sunday: Lunch: Kalyn's Kitchen Turkey and White Bean Chili
Dinner: Roasted Chicken with roasted butternut squash or sweet potato (we have a lot of each) and some steamed green beans.

Monday: Skinnytaste Meatloaf cupcakes.. I don't make the potato 'frosting' and I want to see what it's like with plain tomato sauce instead of Ketchup. I like to add ketchup at the end so this might save some sugar? I have to do some calculations

Tuesday: Lunch: leftovers Dinner: Tacos

Wednesday: Lunch: leftovers Dinner: Pistachio Crusted Chicken with salad

I have to plan the rest of the week yet.

Last edited by glitterific; 10-11-2013 at 08:13 AM..
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Planned over lunch.. since Fall has started, officially the time of year to make a soup or chili once a week!

Thursday: Dinner: Chicken Stirfry with Brown Rice (trying out the South Beach Quick & Easy Recipe called Pork & Vegetable Stir-fry)
Friday: South Beach Diet Chicken Paella (another Quick & Easy Recipe - need to find quick cooking brown rice!)
Saturday: Turkey and Canelini Bean Soup with Sweet Potato and Rosemary (Kalyn's Kitchen) I'll use ground turkey or leftover chicken if we have any from the week.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #223
Berta48

Has this thread died? I finallty starytede moving sdown on the weight agian.Lost6 this week!!! Almost to my 1st mini goal of 240. Was 241.2 this a.m.
Supper...
Pork Chop baked
WW Macaroni and RF cheese
Asparagus & sliced tomato
Sf pudding
Old 10-22-2013, 05:14 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

We made pasta fagoli soup yesterday. It's tomato base with red and white beans, onions, celery, carrots and ground beef. It usually comes with a small pasta added. I made the soup, and cooked the pasta separately. Hubby added 2 heaping spoons of pasta to his, and I ate mine without. It was delish!! We also had a small salad and cut up fruit for dessert. Worked out very well.

I have 2 pork chops left over that I may cut up for a stir fry for dinner tonight.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

This must be the day for soup!! I had a head of cauliflower in the fridge that needed to be used. I cut it into florets, then added an onion and some left over steamed veggies and sautéed in olive oil. Added some chicken broth and cooked it for about an hour. Then I will puree it and add some fat free sour cream. Yum!!

Hubby took one look and said "NO THANK YOU"!! Sigh. Wish he liked South Beach...
Old 10-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #226
Berta48

Morning.... well we ate out last night at our HyVee grocery store it has a small eating area with soup & salad bar buffet or you can order sandwiches or different meals.But we had the all you can eat salad bar.They had chicken soup and I ate a bowl of it with a salad, it was really tasty. That was about all I had yesterday though since I have been under the weather.

Still coughing up junk but on antibiotic now so hopefully I will be well soon and back to myself.

So for supper (Dinner) we will have what I had planned for last night.
Baked Pork chops
asparagus,sliced tomatoes
WW macaroni with RF cheese My one and only starch for the day.

Penny that would be a bummer.My DH isn't picky he eats what I fix or he just makes his own, like meat and cheese.He eats that processed Budding beef all the time with xsharp Kraft cheddar cheese

Last edited by Berta48; 10-22-2013 at 10:14 AM..
Old 10-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Hi Berta - Hope you feel better soon.

I went into the fridge for some cottage cheese for breakfast. I couldn't face eggs this morning. Oh boy, was it BAD!! Checked the date - It was 2 months out of date. No wonder... Guess I'll have to check on all my south beach friendly foods.

We had pasta fagoli soup for lunch. It was even better today. Still planning on using up the 2 pork chops for dinner. Can't decide on stir fry or just warming them up and having them with steamed broccoli and a salad. We'll see when it gets dinner time!!

Penny
Old 10-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Ladies - How do you make the Zuppa Toscana soup so it's south beach friendly? I looked up the recipe and it seems like a stretch for it to be legal?
Old 10-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #229
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Ladies - How do you make the Zuppa Toscana soup so it's south beach friendly? I looked up the recipe and it seems like a stretch for it to be legal?
I used rf milk instead of cream and rf butter. everything is is legal as far as I know. We love it!!! I use Kale what do you use? Also we use turkey smoked sausage.

Suppose to freeze herte tonight BRRRRR so not ready for winter. e picked all our tomatoes yesterday and now we have a half gallone bucket full of green tomatoes. But thye should be nice and ripe by Thanksgiving so that will be nice.

Well no pork chops tonight again!!! DH has a board meeting so I will be eating my chicken veggie soup I made instead and fix the pork chops tomorrow evening. They eat at the board meeting so I have the evening to myself to sew and get things made for the craft show next month.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #230
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DDuMouchel
Stats: 272.4/272.4/125
Start Date: November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Hi SB Friends
To the zuchinni you wash... it cut out the middle... chop it up really fine... then cook the hamburger and onions and seasonings and chopped zuchinni then stuff into the rest of the zuchinni(make like a boat)then top with cheese and bake or microwave until done and cheese is melted.If anyone wants the recipe I wil post it.Just let me know.
This is basically what I'm having for dinner! My zucchini are small, though, so instead of stuffing the zucchini with the meat & onion I'll just cut the squash into cubes and saute it all together.

Breakfast is Spinach and Mozzarella Egg Bake from Kalyn's Kitchen. Lunch will probably be a big salad with some cooked chicken added in since I already have the cooked chicken in the fridge and need to use it up.
DDuMouchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #231
Berta48

I haven't been posting since no one else has been here.I also have been off track for sometime.I am up a few lbs but not bad. Getting back on track a little more each day.I am extremely busy as the craft show is the 23rd and since I was sick for 3 weeks I 'm waaay behind.

DDuMouchel
I love zuchinni we eat it with pesto sauce.
I made beef veggie soup and it was really good. I am now eating a bowl of apple salad and my goodness it is yummo! I took one apple & diced it up 15 grapes and cut them up, added three stalks of cut up diced celery and some walnuts about 1/4 cup chopped and 2 tbs Hellmans Mayo and a tad of Splenda,It is delicious! I'm eating half
of it as it's 2 fruit!I also ate swiss cheese with it.

Last edited by Berta48; 11-12-2013 at 10:21 PM..
Old 11-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Keep posting even though some of us have trailed off. I tend to repeat a lot of the recipes posted here.

I've been making my own salads, poaching a lot of chicken, making chili and new meatloaf recipes. I'll post the new recipes when I tweak them a bit. Pinterest is nice for recipes but most of them aren't tested so it's been risky.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #233
Berta48

Still crafting and still struggling. I am 244 but at least I am staying within that range and not back up into the fifties. SO thankful not to be in the seventies like I was last year.

We are having ww spaghetti with lean meat sauce tonight and some steamed broccoli.
Last night was baked prok chops zuchinni with pesto sauce and sweet potatoe with cinnamon and splenda mixed together and sprinkled on top

Craft show a week from tomorrow I am praying it goes well as I have spent quite a lot of money preparing to make things for it. What doesn't sell will be distributed out for Christmas gifts and try to sell online at Etsy.