Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #181
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Supper tonight will be......

Baked Pork Chop
fresh green beans
fresh sliced tomato
zuchinni carrot pancakes from recipe above.

And almond flour banana choc chip cake.(dark 75% choc)


I made a homemade chocolate frappuccino last night. I took 1c.strong instant decafcoffee 1c RF milk.1tsp thick n thin,2c ice, Splenda to taste and put it in my smoothie maker and it was just as good as Starbucks. I found it on the internet last night on a search engine!!I am buying some SF caramel syrup to put it in it next time!MUCH CHEAPER TOO!!!!!
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
B- was low sodium bacon (2 slices)
An egg beater

Have to get completely back on plan after today's weigh in of 149.

I'm going to clean some celery and stuff them with light laughing cow French onion cheese for our mid day snack.

For lunch or dinner it will be tilapia with lots of seasonings, veggies, and side salad.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Here's a shout out to Penny! Where are you girl? Hope you're doing well and can come back online soon! Hugs!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
I got the Martha Stewart Living magazine and they had a recipe for Spicy Pork with Parsnips and Sweet Potatoes recipe. It's on her website. We'll be having that tonight with some steamed broccoli.

Tuesday: Skinnytaste Meatloaf Cupcakes, roasted butternut squash and steamed green beans.

Wednesday: Chicken breast (have to decided on a marinade) with steamed broccoli and brown rice

Thursday: Tacos

Friday: Baked fish, roasted broccoli and brown rice

Saturday: Salad, Pasta and meatballs (using that failed Italian meatloaf recipe)

Sunday: Chicken fingers, roasted veggies and sweet potato fries I made this last week for my daughter and I thought it was the best taste yet.

I cut chicken breast, coat in egg, put it in fresh bread crumbs (ball up bread and put it in food processor, not more than 2 pieces at a time) with some Penzey's Mural of Flavor seasoning and bake on 400 for 10-14 minutes flipping halfway)
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #185
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Hello Friends
Well yesterday we ate out after church and I had shrimp, baked sweet potato with cinnamon ( I had never thought of putting cinnamon in them and it was just delicious that way)I ate half of it then I had a side salad with ranch dressing(on the side) about 2 tbs and My Dh had a free appetizer and he ordered chips and dip Fresh homemade potato chips still warm ohhhh my!
I did eat some of them but didn't go crazy.ONLY because they brought my meal

Then we had a monthly church supper last night too.But I stayed on plan as much as possible. I ate a few little smoked sausages and some meatballs. And a tad of cole slaw.Then we ate our dessert here at home.I had fixed a Banana choc chip cake from ALmond Flour and we had a slice and put a bit of whipped topping on it.It is really good. It took me a bit to like it cause of the bitterness of the dark chocolate but now I am getting use to it and like it.

I did make the zuchinni, carrot pancakes the other evening with our baked pork chops and we really liked them we will be having them much more often around here!!!

2 zuchinni shredded,2 carrots shredded put in a strainer add 1tsp salt.Let sit for 20min then squeeze out all liquid.Set aside. Add 2 egg whites and beat until stiff.Then fold into the zuchinni mixture add a bit of oil to your skillet and make patties and cook until brown on one side, flip and brown the other side.Remove and add RF sour cream on top.

Next time I will add some chopped onion too, and maybe a bit of thyme.

I have been wondering where Penny is too I pray she's ok

Last edited by Berta48; 09-16-2013 at 12:08 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Hi everybody -
Been through the mill with the eye surgeries. First one was not too bad, but I had trouble with the second one. Pressure was way up and the surgeon didn't like the look of it. So I am using drops and trying to be careful about lifting and bending and stuff like that. I have not been on plan at all, and I have not felt like cooking much. That's gotta stop right now! I made stewed beef with onions, green beans cooked with lima beans with brown and wild rice. It was very good. Just couldn't face the salad. Maybe tomorrow.
__________________
One day at a time, Sweet Jesus. I'm trusting You to get me through!!

Penny
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Hi Penny! Glad to see you back. Hope your eyes heal soon!

For lunch we had-blackened trout and a side salad.
Dinner- well seasoned tilapia ( paprika, onion powder, old bay seasoning, red pepper flakes, garlic), fresh steamed green beans, salad of whole romaine lettuce leaves with ranch dressing and slivers of hard Parmesan cheeses on top, with whole strawberries on the side. Pretty to look at and yummy to eat!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #188
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi everybody -
Been through the mill with the eye surgeries. First one was not too bad, but I had trouble with the second one. Pressure was way up and the surgeon didn't like the look of it. So I am using drops and trying to be careful about lifting and bending and stuff like that. I have not been on plan at all, and I have not felt like cooking much. That's gotta stop right now! I made stewed beef with onions, green beans cooked with lima beans with brown and wild rice. It was very good. Just couldn't face the salad. Maybe tomorrow.
Glad you are back.We missed you.
Just jump right back on that wagon and keep at it one day at a time!!!

Tonight I took my DH out for his birthday it is tomorrow but he has a board meeting tomorrow as he is deacon at our church so that was out. I had marsala chicken and salad and also a baked potato I was going to get sweet potato but they didn't have them there

The other choices were fried & breaded things and french fries so I just ordered the potato.First one since starting SB!!But the lesser of the evil.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Glad you are back.We missed you.
Just jump right back on that wagon and keep at it one day at a time!!!

Tonight I took my DH out for his birthday it is tomorrow but he has a board meeting tomorrow as he is deacon at our church so that was out. I had marsala chicken and salad and also a baked potato I was going to get sweet potato but they didn't have them there

The other choices were fried & breaded things and french fries so I just ordered the potato.First one since starting SB!!But the lesser of the evil.
Please tell your husband from your SB friends.

I finally bought some molasses to make brown sugar for next time I fix a sweet potato casserole.

For lunch we had a grilled chicken salad with lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, and a boiled egg. Dinner tonight will be small steak and shrimp with a small salad. Already had one of my two fudgesicles today. I need to start drinking more. I just don't think of it unless I get the craving for coffee or tea.

Last edited by Gmomof7; 09-17-2013 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: Forgot to put what's for dinner. :-)
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Glad you are back.We missed you.
Just jump right back on that wagon and keep at it one day at a time!!!

Tonight I took my DH out for his birthday it is tomorrow but he has a board meeting tomorrow as he is deacon at our church so that was out. I had marsala chicken and salad and also a baked potato I was going to get sweet potato but they didn't have them there

The other choices were fried & breaded things and french fries so I just ordered the potato.First one since starting SB!!But the lesser of the evil.
Happy birthday to your Hubby!!
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #191
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Happy birthday to your Hubby!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Please tell your husband from your SB friends.

I finally bought some molasses to make brown sugar for next time I fix a sweet potato casserole.

For lunch we had a grilled chicken salad with lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, and a boiled egg. Dinner tonight will be small steak and shrimp with a small salad. Already had one of my two fudgesicles today. I need to start drinking more. I just don't think of it unless I get the craving for coffee or tea.
Thanks Gail & Penny I told him, he smiled!

I was up a lb today.I am so frustrated I go from 246 -248(and I was 243.8). Surely eating one potato wouldn't do that would it?

I haven't eat starch at all except the sweet potato I ate Sunday. I have been drinking flavored water but it has zero everything. Except it does have 25mg of sodium per serving and there are 4 serving to a bottle.I drink the Cranberry and Mango.Maybe I should just have plain water??? Guess I'll get it figured out one of these days!

Last edited by Berta48; 09-17-2013 at 08:14 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Thanks Gail & Penny I told him, he smiled!

I was up a lb today.I am so frustrated I go from 246 -248(and I was 243.8). Surely eating one potato wouldn't do that would it?

I haven't eat starch at all except the sweet potato I ate Sunday. I have been drinking flavored water but it has zero everything. Except it does have 25mg of sodium per serving and there are 4 serving to a bottle.I drink the Cranberry and Mango.Maybe I should just have plain water??? Guess I'll get it figured out one of these days!
That potato would surely do that.. that is a lot of white starch. Some people have issues with flavored water stalling them but not gaining.
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
We bought a new refrigerator last month and had to have S**** come pick it up because it was defective. Now we're waiting for our new one to arrive. In the meantime we went for lunch at a cafe and I had a Mediterranean wrap minus the wrap. It had delicious hummus, chicken breasts, black olives, and artichoke. I also had a Greek side salad with it that was almost full size if you ask me. So I had a good amount of protein and veggies in. Yummy!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Glad you are back.We missed you.
Just jump right back on that wagon and keep at it one day at a time!!!

Tonight I took my DH out for his birthday it is tomorrow but he has a board meeting tomorrow as he is deacon at our church so that was out. I had marsala chicken and salad and also a baked potato I was going to get sweet potato but they didn't have them there

The other choices were fried & breaded things and french fries so I just ordered the potato.First one since starting SB!!But the lesser of the evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
That potato would surely do that.. that is a lot of white starch. Some people have issues with flavored water stalling them but not gaining.
I must have misunderstood. I thought Berta meant she had a white baked potato.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #195
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
I must have misunderstood. I thought Berta meant she had a white baked potato.
Nope you understood.I had a white potato. ( I had the sweet potato Sunday)But the place we went to their sides were all breaded or french fries or pastas. SO like I said I chose the lesser of the evils. Guess I could have just not ordered it ut it cost the same with or without so I got it!
SB says to avoid or eat rarely so that is the first one I have had since July when I started. I would say that is rarely!But it is hard to imagine one potato would make me gain 2lbs. But if I ever do it again I am ging towatch and see

I am down again today to 246. Boy this is slow. But I am not quitting.

I am wondering if any of you use Half n Half or Cream as they are very low carb. I think I'll get FF half n Half when I shop next week to make some of my casseroe recips.

I made a WONDERFUL soup yesterday. Chicken noodle(WW NOODLES 2c for 8 servings so less than a 1/2 c per serv.) vegetable soup. I ate 2-4 cups of it and that was all I had all day yesterday

Last edited by Berta48; 09-18-2013 at 11:43 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Nope you understood.I had a white potato. ( I had the sweet potato Sunday)But the place we went to their sides were all breaded or french fries or pastas. SO like I said I chose the lesser of the evils. Guess I could have just not ordered it ut it cost the same with or without so I got it!
SB says to avoid or eat rarely so that is the first one I have had since July when I started. I would say that is rarely!But it is hard to imagine one potato would make me gain 2lbs. But if I ever do it again I am ging towatch and see

I am down again today to 246. Boy this is slow. But I am not quitting.

I am wondering if any of you use Half n Half or Cream as they are very low carb. I think I'll get FF half n Half when I shop next week to make some of my casseroe recips.

I made a WONDERFUL soup yesterday. Chicken noodle(WW NOODLES 2c for 8 servings so less than a 1/2 c per serv.) vegetable soup. I ate 2-4 cups of it and that was all I had all day yesterday
You're supposed to eat whether you're hungry or not. It'll keep your blood sugar level. If you're not hungry try eating some celery sticks, a boiled egg or something else light so you'll stay on an even keel. I don't do dairy much. I am not a fan of milk. Never liked it as a baby even. But if I have to add it to a recipe I use FF half and half. I mostly try to get by with the lower fat products when I can, except it it happens to have added sugars, then I go with the whole fat.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #197
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
You're supposed to eat whether you're hungry or not. It'll keep your blood sugar level. If you're not hungry try eating some celery sticks, a boiled egg or something else light so you'll stay on an even keel. I don't do dairy much. I am not a fan of milk. Never liked it as a baby even. But if I have to add it to a recipe I use FF half and half. I mostly try to get by with the lower fat products when I can, except it it happens to have added sugars, then I go with the whole fat.
Thanks
That doesn't seem to be the way to go.Eat when not hungry?Well I guess I'll give that a shot and try like apple & cream cheese, or celery and peanut butter. I really like raw veggies and dip but the thing with that is... only 2tbs of dip? I'd rather not have any

I'll get the hang of this one of these days. I just have to keep on keeping on.I can't give up this time although I honestly feel like it.

The recipes I make are really good though. It is just that the weight isn't coming off.Maybe my Dr needs to re-adjust my thyroid meds?

How have you been doing with your losses?How long have you been doing SB?

I started in July I think and have only lost like 12 lbs. That just doesn't seem enough to me.Although it is better than gaining 12.

I went ahead and changed my ticker, maybe that will help me too

Last edited by Berta48; 09-18-2013 at 03:24 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #198
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
I bought some RF butter and it has less carbs and less fat than the smart balance I have been using.It tastes so good.I hope this will be SB approved? Any comments?

Also I was going to eat some FF greek yogurt and saw it has 22gms of sugar How can FF Greek yogurt be SB approved food with that amount of sugar

Last edited by Berta48; 09-18-2013 at 08:49 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
I bought some RF butter and it has less carbs and less fat than the smart balance I have been using.It tastes so good.I hope this will be SB approved? Any comments?

Also I was going to eat some FF greek yogurt and saw it has 22gms of sugar How can FF Greek yogurt be SB approved food with that amount of sugar
I don't agree with Dr A on butter.. I actually use real butter (which is rare, a tsp on toast, if I steam veg and don't have salad, I use it then too) RF butter seems to me like a good idea, it's still a real food AND less in everything than Smart Balance. Sounds like a winner to me.

I actually hate FF products.. they replace so much with chemicals and sugar.

Last edited by glitterific; 09-19-2013 at 07:17 AM..
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Hi Glitter
We feel that way about sugar free products at my house. My Hubby has gastro problems if he eats artificially sweetened products. We talked to the Dr. and he does not recommend anything artificial. As far as fat free, we just do not like the taste. If you check the label, sometimes there is added sugar to compensate for the fat free. If you use moderation, I think the natural foods are the best for you.
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #201
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
I don't agree with Dr A on butter.. I actually use real butter (which is rare, a tsp on toast, if I steam veg and don't have salad, I use it then too) RF butter seems to me like a good idea, it's still a real food AND less in everything than Smart Balance. Sounds like a winner to me.

I actually hate FF products.. they replace so much with chemicals and sugar.
Good newsRF Land O Lakes Whipped butter in this house from now on!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi Glitter
We feel that way about sugar free products at my house. My Hubby has gastro problems if he eats artificially sweetened products. We talked to the Dr. and he does not recommend anything artificial. As far as fat free, we just do not like the taste. If you check the label, sometimes there is added sugar to compensate for the fat free. If you use moderation, I think the natural foods are the best for you.
Hope you doing better The moderation is the hard part for me

Last edited by Berta48; 09-19-2013 at 10:55 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Good newsRF Land O Lakes Whipped butter in this house from now on!!


Hope you doing better The moderation is the hard part for me
Hi Berta
I'm still struggling with the eyes, but I know it'll just take time. Nothing terribly wrong with them, just eye strain, I think. And me needing to keep my hands out of them!!!

Yes, moderation can sometimes be a challenge. I am easing back onto plan. Had a chicken mandarin salad for lunch. It was yummy!! Not sure what's for dinner yet..
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
My Hubby cooked steaks on the grill tonight. I made salad, steamed broccoli, squash and carrots. Baked the ever present baked potato for Jake! Everything was delish!!!

Eyes seemed a little better today. I have really tried to go easy on them. Made a real effort NOT to mess with them. Amazing how that works...

Last edited by gailbayne; 09-20-2013 at 05:45 PM..
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #204
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Well we went to Chinese buffet restaurant with friends tonight and I did extremely well. OH how I wanted to eat all the goodies like ..egg rolls,breaded shrimp, wontons, cream cheese filled donuts, plain sugar coated doughnut holes, cakes, ice cream, chicken on a stick, noodles, rice, veggies and meat but in tons of sauces etc. etc. Even had fried frog legs there and crab legs!
BUT I ate...
Steamed green beans, shrimp (unbreaded), a bite of salmon(didn't like it) one clam in the shell and egg drop soup.That was it!So I am hoping that will work!

We did have some popcorn tonight after we got home from playing cards with the friends but I was hungry!
I was down one more lb this morning to 245 so only 2 more to go, to be where I was before I gained
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #205
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Morning Friends
Well I finally got back down to 244.4
Now to move ahead to 240.That is my first mini goal. I was going back to PH1 today IF I didn't loose but did.I was 246 yesterday morning and today is my OFFICIAL weigh in so 2lbs down.

Tonight is shrimp, cauliflower with cheese and sliced tomatoes
FOUR LBS MORE TO MINI GOAL!!!!

Last edited by Berta48; 09-23-2013 at 10:35 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:27 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
yay mini goal within reach... keep going!!

I am making a lot of food for my daughter to put in the freezer.. my MIL doesn't cook much, she's been living alone for quite a long time now. I wish she would look closer at nutrition.. she has been eating very little instead of eating more of the right things, her doctor is concerned about diabetes and her diet. She has only cut out candy, she doesn't understand the rest of the equation and since she tends to be a know it all, she won't listen to anyone. I wish the doc was like yours Berta and made a suggestion to try South Beach
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #207
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
yay mini goal within reach... keep going!!

I am making a lot of food for my daughter to put in the freezer.. my MIL doesn't cook much, she's been living alone for quite a long time now. I wish she would look closer at nutrition.. she has been eating very little instead of eating more of the right things, her doctor is concerned about diabetes and her diet. She has only cut out candy, she doesn't understand the rest of the equation and since she tends to be a know it all, she won't listen to anyone. I wish the doc was like yours Berta and made a suggestion to try South Beach
Thanks Glitter.Sometimes people have to be scared into eating right like I did.LOL Maybe if you talked to her Dr and explained then he could tell her if she didn't start eating healthy she would be sick? Just hang in there. Or maybe fix some nice healthy meals and take to her and she can see and taste for herself that eating heatlhy is and can be

Make the things she enjoys eating and fix them healthy!I wish you best with her.I know how older people can be as I took care of my mom for over a year, and all she wanted to eat was green onions & popcicles and PNT Butter toast I do know as peole get older they loose their taster so there's not much that tastes good to them

Last edited by Berta48; 09-24-2013 at 08:55 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Congrats Glitter, Berta, and Buckhuntress! Good job!! My weights been going from 148 to 146 and back up again. When I get to 146 it rebels and wants to go up. If I could exercise I think I could have gotten to my goal of 140. Leg still bothers me with muscle and vein pain but have an appt with a neurologist tomorrow. My pressure has been having really low spells. I felt lightheaded and checked my pressure and it was 71/45 with resting pulse rate of 131. I took my pressure several times throughoyt the day so the dr can see what it's doing.

For lunch I pounded chicken breasts till flattened and spread hummus, feta cheese, and a few capers on top. Rolled up and secured with toothpick, sprinkled paprika on top and browned in olive oil. Added a little chicken broth and cooked it down making a little sauce. It was so good. I served it with romaine lettuce leaves with a little dressing sprinkled on top and parm cheese sprinkled on top of dressing. Yummy!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #209
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Congrats Glitter, Berta, and Buckhuntress! Good job!! My weights been going from 148 to 146 and back up again. When I get to 146 it rebels and wants to go up. If I could exercise I think I could have gotten to my goal of 140. Leg still bothers me with muscle and vein pain but have an appt with a neurologist tomorrow. My pressure has been having really low spells. I felt lightheaded and checked my pressure and it was 71/45 with resting pulse rate of 131. I took my pressure several times throughoyt the day so the dr can see what it's doing.

For lunch I pounded chicken breasts till flattened and spread hummus, feta cheese, and a few capers on top. Rolled up and secured with toothpick, sprinkled paprika on top and browned in olive oil. Added a little chicken broth and cooked it down making a little sauce. It was so good. I served it with romaine lettuce leaves with a little dressing sprinkled on top and parm cheese sprinkled on top of dressing. Yummy!
I sure wish I weighed 146-148 Maybe one day!
We had rotisseri chicken probably shouldn't but I took the skin off I did eat the thigh and leg and 1/2 of the half of breast though.
Went grocery shopping and to tired to cook when I got home so we bought the chicken.

I bought eggplant, squash,cabbage, carrots,cauliflower,zuchinni,mushrooms, lean gorund beef, chicken breasts, lean turkey patties,RF cheese, I also bought some swiss cheese zero carbs but not RF.I can not find RF swiss cheese and it's my favorite.Aso baked ham & turkey lunchmeat 97%fat free.

Grapes, apples, bananas, chickpeas, zero cal,zero fat, zero everything butter for popcorn in a spray can.MSG Free Chicken & beef broth. Much, more but I am set now for awhile. I did not have many veggies but have plenty now

I plan on Lentil soup for supper tomorrow night. One night we are going to have hamburger & rice cabbage rolls with tomato sauce
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #210
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Was looking through the SB Book and for the cheese it says FF or RF or 6ms fat per serv.SO the Swiss cheese I bought has 6gm per slice.So I am ok.I truly am glad because it is my favorite cheese especially with ham slices rolled up in it

Where has everyone gone to
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.