Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Your menu for the week sounds delicious! I had gotten a meatloaf recipe from Allrecipes about 2 yrs ago that was so good. It had become my husbands favorite! I'd often cook it just so we could have meatloaf sandwiches on fresh baked bread. I need to fix it again but make it SB friendly. Just not sure if the SB ketchup recipe will be as tasty.

I have over 20 cookbooks on my kindle and didn't think once of ordering the book and gave it delivered instantly. Thanks for the idea! I have the regular kindle not kindle fire. How do the pictures show up? And would you recommend this particular book? I love to cook big meals but now I'm looking for fairly simple quick recipes I can just throw together.
I just use the app on my android devices so not sure I usually will use plain tomato sauce with some sweetener of choice in meatloaf. doesn't make a difference mixed in for me but I adore the cooked ketchup topping.

There are a lot of recipes in the book and they are simple! Good for inspiration if you are looking to make cooking a bit more interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
We had a big pot of home-made chili for dinner tonight. I wanted to fix a few things ahead of surgery so I didn't have to fool with cooking tomorrow. I also have a pot of beef stew ready to go. I will tear up some lettuce tonight to make a quick salad to round out either meal. I'm good to go....
Best wishes for tomorrow!! You will do great!

I love stews n soups. So nice n easy.
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #92
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,982
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
We had a big pot of home-made chili for dinner tonight. I wanted to fix a few things ahead of surgery so I didn't have to fool with cooking tomorrow. I also have a pot of beef stew ready to go. I will tear up some lettuce tonight to make a quick salad to round out either meal. I'm good to go....
For tomorrow!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
Best wishes for tomorrow!! You will do great!

I love stews n soups. So nice n easy.
I like soup too.I make them in the cooler months though!And they are just around the corner.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Have't decided what to cook today yet (I'm not on top of things like Glitterific). lol. Yesterday I had egg beaters and turkey bacon for breakfast. I know I'm supposed to eat veggies but just can't stomach them first thing in the morning. For a snack I made a dessert I found online using cocoa and LF cream cheese that hubby and I split. For lunch I fixed extra lean hamburgers using the bean cake recipe for buns. For dinner I cooked tilapia in a little olive oil, steamed broccoli, white squash strips and a salad. So I got my veggies in. For snack I bought some sf frozen fruit pops but didn't like it. It was 45 calories.

I went to Books A Million and checked out the SB cookbook but didn't see enough recipes in it that DH and I would like to try. I'd show a recipe here and there and he'd make a face. So I bought a book called Livin low carb. It has lots of recipes that I'd like to try that are SB friendly and many that aren't I think I can make substitutions or wait till I am on phase 3.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:27 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
For tomorrow!!!


I like soup too.I make them in the cooler months though!And they are just around the corner.
Wish we could say that. It's sometimes still hot for Thanksgiving where I live.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #95
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,982
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Have't decided what to cook today yet (I'm not on top of things like Glitterific). lol. Yesterday I had egg beaters and turkey bacon for breakfast. I know I'm supposed to eat veggies but just can't stomach them first thing in the morning. For a snack I made a dessert I found online using cocoa and LF cream cheese that hubby and I split. For lunch I fixed extra lean hamburgers using the bean cake recipe for buns. For dinner I cooked tilapia in a little olive oil, steamed broccoli, white squash strips and a salad. So I got my veggies in. For snack I bought some sf frozen fruit pops but didn't like it. It was 45 calories.

I went to Books A Million and checked out the SB cookbook but didn't see enough recipes in it that DH and I would like to try. I'd show a recipe here and there and he'd make a face. So I bought a book called Livin low carb. It has lots of recipes that I'd like to try that are SB friendly and many that aren't I think I can make substitutions or wait till I am on phase 3.
I have low carb and Diabetic Cookbooks that could easily be made SB friendly.
You really should check out Kayln's Kitchen.

Today I had Tbacon and Almond flour pancakes sf syrup and V8 juice.Not sure about supper we usually have grilled cheese.I use Sandwich thins and DH uses RYE bread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Wish we could say that. It's sometimes still hot for Thanksgiving where I live.
Well it is usually around the 40-50's here.But one never knows for sure!

Last edited by Berta48; 08-21-2013 at 12:38 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
I have low carb and Diabetic Cookbooks that could easily be made SB friendly.
You really should check out Kayln's Kitchen.

Today I had Tbacon and Almond flour pancakes sf syrup and V8 juice.Not sure about supper we usually have grilled cheese.I use Sandwich thins and DH uses RYE bread.


Well it is usually around the 40-50's here.But one never knows for sure!
Her recipes look like they're very high fat, with lots of butter and cheeses, so wasnt sure how they'd fit in with SB's low fat theme. Do you substitute low fat ingredients when making her recipes? Do you have any favorites to suggest? And do you still lose weight using her recipes? TIA Lola
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #97
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,982
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Her recipes look like they're very high fat, with lots of butter and cheeses, so wasnt sure how they'd fit in with SB's low fat theme. Do you substitute low fat ingredients when making her recipes? Do you have any favorites to suggest? And do you still lose weight using her recipes? TIA Lola
Kayln's Kitchen recipes are South Beach.The phase for each one is with the recipe also.You may be looking at the wrong ones as there are other recipes that aren't SB.Yes I have been losing.I just started the The 14th of last month and I have lost 8 lbs.My weigh day is on Monday.

SB doesn't limit eggs or protein. I have not seen any of her recipes for SB with HIGH Fat or or butter???

I like the zuchinni, carrot & apple cake recipe ALOT! And the baked egg and salsa .I think that is the name? I know Glitter uses her recipes.Guess you just have to do what you feel is best for you!!! Myself I like real food and good tasting food and variety!!!

Last edited by Berta48; 08-21-2013 at 07:44 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Her recipes look like they're very high fat, with lots of butter and cheeses, so wasnt sure how they'd fit in with SB's low fat theme. Do you substitute low fat ingredients when making her recipes? Do you have any favorites to suggest? And do you still lose weight using her recipes? TIA Lola
some of them do use very scant bits of butter (which is better for you than the fake chemical stuff, sorry Dr A but I disagree about the butter) and the cheese she uses is SB friendly/low-fat. She labels some recipes as Phase 3 if it has too much fat but the majority is Phase1 and 2 friendly. Stick to those sections of her website and use your judgement
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Kayln's Kitchen recipes are South Beach.The phase for each one is with the recipe also.You may be looking at the wrong ones as there are other recipes that aren't SB.Yes I have been losing.I just started the The 14th of last month and I have lost 8 lbs.My weigh day is on Monday.

SB doesn't limit eggs or protein. I have not seen any of her recipes for SB with HIGH Fat or or butter???

I like the zuchinni, carrot & apple cake recipe ALOT! And the baked egg and salsa .I think that is the name? I know Glitter uses her recipes.Guess you just have to do what you feel is best for you!!! Myself I like real food and good tasting food and variety!!!
I knew you were losing but didn't know if you were currently using Kaylns recipes now. Thought you had used them in the past. Sorry! I guess the recipes I saw aren't part of her blog but from others who added their own . I just saw a recipe that included several cups of bread (not whole wheat) in it. The cake sounds good. Might have to try that!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Kayln's Kitchen recipes are South Beach.The phase for each one is with the recipe also.You may be looking at the wrong ones as there are other recipes that aren't SB.Yes I have been losing.I just started the The 14th of last month and I have lost 8 lbs.My weigh day is on Monday.

SB doesn't limit eggs or protein. I have not seen any of her recipes for SB with HIGH Fat or or butter???

I like the zuchinni, carrot & apple cake recipe ALOT! And the baked egg and salsa .I think that is the name? I know Glitter uses her recipes.Guess you just have to do what you feel is best for you!!! Myself I like real food and good tasting food and variety!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
some of them do use very scant bits of butter (which is better for you than the fake chemical stuff, sorry Dr A but I disagree about the butter) and the cheese she uses is SB friendly/low-fat. She labels some recipes as Phase 3 if it has too much fat but the majority is Phase1 and 2 friendly. Stick to those sections of her website and use your judgement
I agree about the butter! I mainly stick with the liquid Parkay or ICBINB on most things but there are some foods that just taste better cooked in real butter.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #101
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,982
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
I knew you were losing but didn't know if you were currently using Kaylns recipes now. Thought you had used them in the past. Sorry! I guess the recipes I saw aren't part of her blog but from others who added their own . I just saw a recipe that included several cups of bread (not whole wheat) in it. The cake sounds good. Might have to try that!
Lola
No apologies needed whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
I agree about the butter! I mainly stick with the liquid Parkay or ICBINB on most things but there are some foods that just taste better cooked in real butter.
I would MUCH rather use butter myself too LightButter. I use Smart Balance it tastes VERY similar to butter.

I this is JMO ,but just like the no corn or potatoes.I think he says not to use or to use rarely because of health reasons.I don't think it would stop your weight loss. But I have only eaten corn once and that was corn on the cob and boy was it great
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Lola
No apologies needed whatsoever.


I would MUCH rather use butter myself too LightButter. I use Smart Balance it tastes VERY similar to butter.

I this is JMO ,but just like the no corn or potatoes.I think he says not to use or to use rarely because of health reasons.I don't think it would stop your weight loss. But I have only eaten corn once and that was corn on the cob and boy was it great
Just before I read your post I had put Smart Balance on my grocery list to try it tomorrow. Nice to know it tastes similar to the real thing.

For dinner tonight DH and I had a 6 oz Sirloin and Snow Crabs with a side salad. Didn't get all my veggies in since we were traveling but hopefully tomorrow I'll get right back on track.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #103
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,982
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Well I have to say I am so proud of myself.
Today is our Anniversary and we went otu to eat at one our favorite Retauraunts. I had my mind all mad eup to get shrimp and baked potatoe witha side salad.Since I haven't eaten a potato since starting SB a month asgo.

So when we got there I looked over the menu and ordered shrimp, saute'ed mushrooms and a side salad. So Stayed on plan after having my mind made up not to.

THEN they had sent me a coupon for a free appetizer for my BD which is Monday. So we ordered spinach, artichoke dip.I didn't eat any tortillas and a very little of the dip. BUT most of all after that they started ringing this bell and all the waitressess came and sang Happy Birthday to me. I was embarrased as it wasn't my birthday and to top that off they brought me a great big FREE chocolate sundae with whipped cream I gave it to my hubby!! Guess because I used the coupon early they thought it was my birthday! We had a really nice time though!!!!

Boy did I ever want to eat that thing But I am proud that I didn't.
I jsut might be able to handle this after all. It is all a matter of choices!!

Last edited by Berta48; 08-22-2013 at 05:43 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #104
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,982
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Well I have to say I am so proud of myself.
Today is our Anniversary and we went otu to eat at one our favorite Retauraunts. I had my mind all made up to get shrimp and baked potato witha side salad.Since I haven't eaten a potato since starting SB a month asgo.

So when we got there I looked over the menu and ordered shrimp, saute'ed mushrooms and a side salad. So Stayed on plan after having my mind made up not to.

Then because of using the coupon early they thought it was my birthday and sang happy birthday to me and brought me a great big FREE chocolate sundae with whipped cream!I took one bite and gave it to my husband, But boy, oh boy I would have liked to have eaten the whole thing!

Guess I might be able to handle this plan after all.It is all about choices isn't it?And I choose to eat healthy.(as much as possible anyway)

Only 4.6 more lbs to my first mini goal!

Last edited by Berta48; 08-22-2013 at 05:47 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #105
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,982
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
sorry double post
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #106
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,982
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Well I tried deleting one of the post but can't seem to make it work so I am done !

Last edited by Berta48; 08-23-2013 at 08:58 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
It's okay, Berta! Yay for being halfway to your goal!!

That coffee roast was terribly bitter and inedible. Thankfully I had leftovers to choose from.

I will be making a melon sorbet tonight in my Vitamix. I tried last night but messed up the directions. I had to watch the video again and know where I went wrong. Shame to ruin 1 cup of blueberries. That is all there is, 1 cup fruit, 3 cups ice and sweetener to taste!
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #108
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,982
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
It's okay, Berta! Yay for being halfway to your goal!!

That coffee roast was terribly bitter and inedible. Thankfully I had leftovers to choose from.

I will be making a melon sorbet tonight in my Vitamix. I tried last night but messed up the directions. I had to watch the video again and know where I went wrong. Shame to ruin 1 cup of blueberries. That is all there is, 1 cup fruit, 3 cups ice and sweetener to taste!
Not half way to my goal yet.I am going ten lbs at a time. My first mini goal is 240.SO I still have like 4.6 lbs to go to get there.Then it will be 230 etc. etc. Until I get to my goal which I haven't made up my mind what that will be yet
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
For lunch today I fixed a Zucchini quiche from zucchini we had growing in our garden. Next time I think I'll put some turkey country sausage or chopped broccoli or both in it to give it a flavor boost. It was good but so much like eggs that I feel it would have been better for breakfast. That way I would have had my veggies in for that meal at least. For dinner I'm going to cook hamburger steaks with grilled onions and melted mozzarella cheese on top with a big salad and green beans.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Not half way to my goal yet.I am going ten lbs at a time. My first mini goal is 240.SO I still have like 4.6 lbs to go to get there.Then it will be 230 etc. etc. Until I get to my goal which I haven't made up my mind what that will be yet
I meant mini goal keep it up!
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
For lunch today I fixed a Zucchini quiche from zucchini we had growing in our garden. Next time I think I'll put some turkey country sausage or chopped broccoli or both in it to give it a flavor boost. It was good but so much like eggs that I feel it would have been better for breakfast. That way I would have had my veggies in for that meal at least. For dinner I'm going to cook hamburger steaks with grilled onions and melted mozzarella cheese on top with a big salad and green beans.

Yum.

we had pistachio crusted chicken with steamed broccoli. I had a small cutlet and well, it left me a bit hungry so I had some greek yogurt and water.

Tried making melon sorbet, too much ice. Oh well.
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
I have low carb and Diabetic Cookbooks that could easily be made SB friendly.
You really should check out Kayln's Kitchen.

Today I had Tbacon and Almond flour pancakes sf syrup and V8 juice.Not sure about supper we usually have grilled cheese.I use Sandwich thins and DH uses RYE bread.


Well it is usually around the 40-50's here.But one never knows for sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
Yum.

we had pistachio crusted chicken with steamed broccoli. I had a small cutlet and well, it left me a bit hungry so I had some greek yogurt and water.

Tried making melon sorbet, too much ice. Oh well.
Don't worry, you'll get it figured out! Like most things there is probably a learning curve. I think you mentioned getting it from QVC. They have a forum so maybe you can ask if anyone can give you exact measurements that are tried and proven. I have a ninja and I always seem to have small chunks of ice left in. It doesn't bother my husband who likes frozen drinks more than me. I prefer coffee and can drink it during the hottest months.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #113
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,982
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
For lunch today I fixed a Zucchini quiche from zucchini we had growing in our garden. Next time I think I'll put some turkey country sausage or chopped broccoli or both in it to give it a flavor boost. It was good but so much like eggs that I feel it would have been better for breakfast. That way I would have had my veggies in for that meal at least. For dinner I'm going to cook hamburger steaks with grilled onions and melted mozzarella cheese on top with a big salad and green beans.
I fix zuchinni by slicing it, adding sliced onions,salt & pepper a tad of grlic powder and adding Tomato Pesto Sauce then baking it until tender then topping it with RF mozzerella cheese and bake until it is melted
I also like it as a veggie with RF dip and eat it raw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
I meant mini goal keep it up!
Thanks bunches. I have to keep it up.Drs orders

Last edited by Berta48; 08-24-2013 at 08:42 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
For lunch I baked a butternut squash, scooped out the center and cooked it with saute'd onions, bell pepper, and shallots. Then I added 4 oz of lean ground beef and cooked all together till done, stuffed squash shell with the mixture and heated thru when we were ready to eat. I also fixed coleslaw and green beans as sides. Lots of veggies for that meal!

Berta- have a nice, safe vacation!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:46 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
I planned a little further ahead, trying to use up what's in my freezer!
Lunch today is leftover meatballs with whole grain pasta and salad
Monday: Grilled Balsamic Chicken (Kalyn's Kitchen), roasted sweet potato and steamed green beans
Tuesday: Roasted Chicken with Black Bean Garlic Marinade (Kalyn's Kitchen), Steamed Broccoli and Brown Rice
Wednesday: Szechuan Green Beans and Ground Turkey (Kalyn's Kitchen) with Brown Rice
Thursday: Fish Tacos with cabbage and pinto beans
Friday: Ground Beef Gyro Meatballs (Kalyn's Kitchen) tzatziki sauce and greek salad
Saturday: Chicken nuggets (using whole grain bread crumbs I made myself), sweet potato fries and mixed veg
Sunday: Rosemary Pork Medallions with Chunky Applesauce (South Beach Diet Quick & Easy Cookbook)
Labor Day Monday: Hamburger, Hot Dogs, Baked Beans and salad/veggies
Tuesday, 9/3 Tacos (I add a can of black beans to 1lb of meat)
Wednesday, 9/4 Turkey Meatloaf (meatloaf cupcake recipe from skinnytaste), baked sweet potato and salad
Thurday, 9/5 Chicken Stir-fry with Brown Rice (Kalyn's Kitchen terriyaki recipe)
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
I planned a little further ahead, trying to use up what's in my freezer!
Lunch today is leftover meatballs with whole grain pasta and salad
Monday: Grilled Balsamic Chicken (Kalyn's Kitchen), roasted sweet potato and steamed green beans
Tuesday: Roasted Chicken with Black Bean Garlic Marinade (Kalyn's Kitchen), Steamed Broccoli and Brown Rice
Wednesday: Szechuan Green Beans and Ground Turkey (Kalyn's Kitchen) with Brown Rice
Thursday: Fish Tacos with cabbage and pinto beans
Friday: Ground Beef Gyro Meatballs (Kalyn's Kitchen) tzatziki sauce and greek salad
Saturday: Chicken nuggets (using whole grain bread crumbs I made myself), sweet potato fries and mixed veg
Sunday: Rosemary Pork Medallions with Chunky Applesauce (South Beach Diet Quick & Easy Cookbook)
Labor Day Monday: Hamburger, Hot Dogs, Baked Beans and salad/veggies
Tuesday, 9/3 Tacos (I add a can of black beans to 1lb of meat)
Wednesday, 9/4 Turkey Meatloaf (meatloaf cupcake recipe from skinnytaste), baked sweet potato and salad
Thurday, 9/5 Chicken Stir-fry with Brown Rice (Kalyn's Kitchen terriyaki recipe)
Wow! You really do plan ahead! I'm impressed!! I should print up a weeks worth of recipes and then stick to it. Unfortunately I would wake up feeling like a particular food and any planning would go out the window.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
I try to plan ahead, too. Usually doesn't get any farther than the first day!!!
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #118
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,982
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Hi All
I can't plan farther ahead than a day at a time cause like Gmom my taste change from day to day!

Taking PC to shop. So I will be gone for a week. Taae care and stay on plan girls grat big hugs!!!
Nice to see you Penny are you recovering more each day?I hope so!
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
I try to plan ahead, too. Usually doesn't get any farther than the first day!!!
Oh how I know the feeling!!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
I try to plan ahead, too. Usually doesn't get any farther than the first day!!!
Glad to see you back!

Today we had a hamburger with Monterey Jack cheese minus the buns. It had lettuce, onion, tomato, and a side salad for extra veggies. I am baking a meatloaf for dinner using my recipe that is my husband's favorite except subbing regular Splenda for the brown sugar and reduced sugar ketchup ( in greatly reduced amounts). Wish Splenda had a SF brown sugar as I'm not sure it will taste as good using regular Splenda.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.