Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #61
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
I found it, and I was wrong sorta

Pg290 PH2-WEEK 1Days1-7 1 good starch,1 piece of fruit.
Have one starchy carb and a piece of fruit daily for the first week.
Although the fruits can vary and be added at any meal, we've found tha t to keep cravings at bay, it's best not to have fruit at breakfast for the FIRST week.. Instead, we generally recommend eating a slice of whole wheat bread or a serving of high fiber cereal with your egg in the morning.This will help keep your blood sugar levels stable for the rest of the day.

SOOO I missed the part about the first week. Sorry. I am happy. For now maybe I can have some cantaloupe in the morning or a banana wth my Multigrain Cherrios

Last edited by Berta48; 08-09-2013 at 06:45 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post

Well my first PH2 weigh in went well . Lost 1.4 the book says I should loose 1-2 a week if I follow plan. I had a few goofs with those Lentils Crisps and Snap Pea Crisps, so I am trying to be extra careful this week.

I did find some whole grain wraps that I am going to try tomorrow. I am actually enjoying trying all the new things. I am considering making the cheese cake or the key lime pie with the nut crust,DH likes them both and so do I It depends on how my times goes.I am so far behind in my sewing it is crazy I don'tknow if I'lk have enoght things made for the craft show in Nov. I hope I do but I just have to take it one day at a time
Quote:
I found it, and I was wrong sorta

Pg290 PH2-WEEK 1Days1-7 1 good starch,1 piece of fruit.
Have one starchy carb and a piece of fruit daily for the first week.
Although the fruits can vary and be added at any meal, we've found tha t to keep cravings at bay, it's best not to have fruit at breakfast for the FIRST week.. Instead, we generally recommend eating a slice of whole wheat bread or a serving of high fiber cereal with your egg in the morning.This will help keep your blood sugar levels stable for the rest of the day.

SOOO I missed the part about the first week. Sorry. I am happy. For now maybe I can have some cantaloupe in the morning or a banana wth my Multigrain Cherrios
Thanks for looking it up Berta! That makes sense to avoid the cravings but my worst cravings seem to be at night. I do better if I always have a veggie snack pre washed and ready to eat just in case.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #63
Berta48

Hi everyone.
Our internet provider had it so I could not get on the Internet again the week end.
DH called them today and they told him what to do to fix it so at least we don't have a service call to pay! And if it happens again we can fix it

Well... I lost one more lb this weekThat makes 8 lbs and it isn't a month until the 14th. I started SB at 252.5 and today I was 244.4 So I am very happy with that.

We are having chicken stir fry tonight with brown rice and SF key lime pie with nut crust for desert(made from cool whip and SF jello and FF yogurt)

I may have some popcorn later on this evening that will make 2 starches and that is what I have been eating and I am still losing

I hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Last edited by Berta48; 08-12-2013 at 01:38 PM..
Old 08-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Dinner tonight is low fat roast beef and ham cold cuts with lettuce leaf wraps, a banana for fruit, and a fudgesicle for dessert.

Berta- glad your computer problems are now fixable!

I'm feeling disappointed. I just read the back of the xylitol pkg and saw that each packet is 4 gms of carbs. I drink lots of decaf coffee and use a packet per cup so that's adding a lot of carbs to my day that I wasn't aware of! :-(
Old 08-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #65
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Dinner tonight is low fat roast beef and ham cold cuts with lettuce leaf wraps, a banana for fruit, and a fudgesicle for dessert.

Berta- glad your computer problems are now fixable!

I'm feeling disappointed. I just read the back of the xylitol pkg and saw that each packet is 4 gms of carbs. I drink lots of decaf coffee and use a packet per cup so that's adding a lot of carbs to my day that I wasn't aware of! :-(

Where are your vegetabels my friend? We don't have to count carbs with SB. But it is good carbs and good fats.

There are probably alot of hidden carbs we aren't aware of.
I didn't do so hot today myself. I had multigrain cherrios with RF milk and 4oz banana,1oz chopped walnuts & 1V8 juice for breakfast, an apple for a snack and popcorn for supper
Old 08-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Dinner this evening was beef patties, steamed veggies and a great side dish I made from spinach, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, onions and garlic with a little chicken broth. It was delish!
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #67
Berta48

Every six weeks my class and I do something special together on Wednesday evening.Tonight we went and ate Wendy's. I took my own bun and had chili. So I stayed on plan. It is so nice to be able to go out and still stick with SB.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:24 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Where are your vegetabels my friend? We don't have to count carbs with SB. But it is good carbs and good fats.

I didn't do so hot today myself. I had multigrain cherrios with RF milk and 4oz banana,1oz chopped walnuts & 1V8 juice for breakfast, an apple for a snack and popcorn for supper
Oops! I know now I didn't count my veggies but I guess I hadn't thought of that at the time. We're on vacation and I prepare our meals about half the time and the other half we've been eating out. I do order large salads in restaurants with grilled chicken or else I order grilled fish and broccoli. In our camper yesterday I cooked burgers served on buns I make with the bean cake recipe minus the sweetener. We eat celery as snacks during the day and at night we have our fudgesicles. But today I gained a pound back. :-( DH and I eat the same foods and he lost a lb. go figure!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Oops! I know now I didn't count my veggies but I guess I hadn't thought of that at the time. We're on vacation and I prepare our meals about half the time and the other half we've been eating out. I do order large salads in restaurants with grilled chicken or else I order grilled fish and broccoli. In our camper yesterday I cooked burgers served on buns I make with the bean cake recipe minus the sweetener. We eat celery as snacks during the day and at night we have our fudgesicles. But today I gained a pound back. :-( DH and I eat the same foods and he lost a lb. go figure!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #70
Berta48

QUOTE=Gmomof7;16560185]Oops! I know now I didn't count my veggies but I guess I hadn't thought of that at the time. We're on vacation and I prepare our meals about half the time and the other half we've been eating out. I do order large salads in restaurants with grilled chicken or else I order grilled fish and broccoli. In our camper yesterday I cooked burgers served on buns I make with the bean cake recipe minus the sweetener. We eat celery as snacks during the day and at night we have our fudgesicles. But today I gained a pound back. :-( DH and I eat the same foods and he lost a lb. go figure! [/QUOTE]

Sorry I am so late in getting in here.But I have been so busy I actually forgot to call my grandson as today is his 16th birthday!
my daughter called a bit ago and ask me if I had called Drew today.I said no why? Then it hit me.OH NO TODAY IS HIS BIRTHDAY!!!!
But thank the Lord I did rememebr earlier this week as I sent him some money and a card. But he hadn't recieved it yet.Hopefully tomorrow!

So we hung up and I called him on his cell phone.So I did call and get to talk with him. I can't believe he's is 16.Man that makes me even older

Sounds like fun with a camper. I use to enjoy that sort of thing but since getting older I just enjoy sitting at home.Plus my Dh doesn't like that sort of thing so we just don't do it. Men always loose better than women just isn't fair is it?

We had salmon patties (made with egg and shredded cheese and onions) for supper with fresh green beans and slice tomatoes with a side of WW macoroni & cheese.

Hope I loose another lb Monday.We will see? Two would be wonderful

Take care my friend

Last edited by Berta48; 08-15-2013 at 08:32 PM..
Old 08-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
QUOTE=Gmomof7;16560185]Oops! I know now I didn't count my veggies but I guess I hadn't thought of that at the time. We're on vacation and I prepare our meals about half the time and the other half we've been eating out. I do order large salads in restaurants with grilled chicken or else I order grilled fish and broccoli. In our camper yesterday I cooked burgers served on buns I make with the bean cake recipe minus the sweetener. We eat celery as snacks during the day and at night we have our fudgesicles. But today I gained a pound back. :-( DH and I eat the same foods and he lost a lb. go figure!

Sorry I am so late in getting in here.But I have been so busy I actually forgot to call my grandson as today is his 16th birthday!
my daughter called a bit ago and ask me if I had called Drew today.I said no why? Then it hit me.OH NO TODAY IS HIS BIRTHDAY!!!!
But thank the Lord I did rememebr earlier this week as I sent him some money and a card. But he hadn't recieved it yet.Hopefully tomorrow!

So we hung up and I called him on his cell phone.So I did call and get to talk with him. I can't believe he's is 16.Man that makes me even older

Sounds like fun with a camper. I use to enjoy that sort of thing but since getting older I just enjoy sitting at home.Plus my Dh doesn't like that sort of thing so we just don't do it. Men always loose better than women just isn't fair is it?

We had salmon patties (made with egg and shredded cheese and onions) for supper with fresh green beans and slice tomatoes with a side of WW macoroni & cheese.

Hope I loose another lb Monday.We will see? Two would be wonderful

Take care my friend[/QUOTE]

Hope your grandson, Drew (such a pretty name) had a very nice birthday.

Glitterific and Penny- hope you're feeling stronger and better each day. We want to lose weight but not that way!

For lunch I fixed tilapia and fresh green beans. I also slice up some celery as another side. For dinner I had a large salad with grilled chicken, strawberries and mandarin oranges. For a snack DH and I had sugar free pudding cups. After going about 6 weeks without any chocolate at first bite it almost was a little too sweet. Never thought I'd even think that.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #72
Berta48

Hi Friends
Thsanks for the Birthday wishes for my GS<but I am a bit afraid something has happened to his birthday csard as we mailed it monday and still hasn't recieved? I had 25.00 CASH in it tooo. Man OH Man I should have written a check.But we never thought it would not get to him.He only lives an our and 1/2 away from us maybe 2 at the most

well atoday for Brunch I ate left over taco meat on a thin sandwich multigrain bread, celery with rf cream cheese and a tomaot.

Our supper was baked chicken breast with pesto and mozserelly chees and fresh green beans and sliced tomatoes

I hope eveyone has a wonderful week-end.I probably won't be back on till Monday so great big hugs to you all!

Gmom So proud of you thinking things are to sweet. I am getting so I can't eat hardly anything.I only ate 1/2 of my chicken and green beans.

Last edited by Berta48; 08-16-2013 at 08:47 PM..
Old 08-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #73
Berta48

I feel like I am posting to myself lately Where is everyone

Well we had pancakes and Turkey bacon with V8 and SF syrup for breakfast today. Boy oh boy what a treat. That is a keeper

Tonight we had meatloaf and sliced tomatoes and broccoli with SF pudding and 1 oz. chopped Dark Chocloate in it with 2TBS cool whip

Well Monday is drawing closer, sure hope I have another loss I am on my DH PC mine is shot. So Ihope everyone has a great rest of the week-end
Old 08-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

No Bertha, you're not alone but activity has seemed to slow down a bunch. Today I fixed low carb pizza using cheese and eggs for the crust. DH and I both like it. For dinner I had a small steak with asiago cheese with broccoli and a large salad. So today I got my veggies in. I also made a breakfast casserole using chopped broccoli I found on a low carb website so we'll eat that tomorrow morning.

Bertha- what did you use in place of flour for the pancakes? Or did you use whole wheat flour? I've wondered if anyone on the boards has used carbquick (?) for pancakes. We love pancakes but haven't had any for months now.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Hi everybody
We're having a beef roast for dinner tonight. Going to make it in the agate roaster with onions, carrots and potatoes. (Sweet potatoes for me). Sear it in a little oil, season it up good, then put it in the roaster for about an hour. Then add the veggies and cook for another hour or 2. Add a nice salad and maybe some steamed broccoli to go with it. Yum!
Old 08-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #76
Berta48

Quote:
No Bertha, you're not alone but activity has seemed to slow down a bunch. Today I fixed low carb pizza using cheese and eggs for the crust. DH and I both like it. For dinner I had a small steak with asiago cheese with broccoli and a large salad. So today I got my veggies in. I also made a breakfast casserole using chopped broccoli I found on a low carb website so we'll eat that tomorrow morning.

Bertha- what did you use in place of flour for the pancakes? Or did you use whole wheat flour? I've wondered if anyone on the boards has used carbquick (?) for pancakes. We love pancakes but haven't had any for months now.
Who is Bertha? It's Berta HENCE(Roberta)

I posted the pancake recipe on the SB thread to Glitter.I used Oatmeal flour they are soooooo good Jusy use a food processor and grind oatmeal up into flour OR buy Bob Red Mills Oat Flour. But much cheaper to make your own.
I will re-post it here if you want me to.

Well tomorrow is my weekly weigh in.One lb at least please Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi everybody
We're having a beef roast for dinner tonight. Going to make it in the agate roaster with onions, carrots and potatoes. (Sweet potatoes for me). Sear it in a little oil, season it up good, then put it in the roaster for about an hour. Then add the veggies and cook for another hour or 2. Add a nice salad and maybe some steamed broccoli to go with it. Yum!
Like roast beef alot! Yours sounds so yummy!
We went out for lunch today at the Lake Restauraunt I had ham, salad & green beans.

Tonight for supper I have no idea we my just have some popcorn
Old 08-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

If course it's Berta! Not sure if my phone did an auto fill or I mistyped. Sorry! Working from a small screen with service that goes in and out at this campground. I tried to get message sent before I lost it... Again!!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #78
Berta48

Quote:
If course it's Berta! Not sure if my phone did an auto fill or I mistyped. Sorry! Working from a small screen with service that goes in and out at this campground. I tried to get message sent before I lost it... Again!!
Not a problem friend.I was just giving you a hard time in fun

Did you see the pancake recipe on the SB thread? OR do you want me to post it here?

Tonight we are haivng Pork Loin Ribs I have them in the crock pot now. Then we will have coleslaw and sliced tomatoes with it.I will put BBQ sauce on DH but mine I will eat plain cause the BBQ has 12gms of sugar

For Brunch was Multigrain Whole Grain sandwich thins and T bacon with lettuce and tomato. I had FF yogurt and V8 juice also.I was really filling

P.S I gained .2 this week for some reason.But I am not concerned.It will be gone by morning!!

Last edited by Berta48; 08-19-2013 at 10:28 AM..
Old 08-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Hi Berta
Have you tried Stubbs BBQ sauce. It's only got 4 sugars, I think. I will use it in a pinch, or if I don't want to take the time to make my own. It's really quite good.

Well, my roast didn't turn out so well. I tried a cooking method that I hadn't used before. Cooking it at 450 degrees for 30 minutes, then turning the oven real low for about 1 1/2 hours. It was still quite tough, and the carrots were not quite done. I was disappointed. (insert sad face). After dinner, I got out my trusty pressure cooker and pressured it for about 30 minutes. Veggies are cooked to mush, but at least the meats tender!! Most of those veggies will probably end up in homemade vegetable beef soup, anyway.

I was down to 237 this morning. Told my hubby I don't really know why, I haven't been really good with the veggies lately. He said don't question, just be happy about it. Ok, sounds good to me.

The concert was outstanding Friday night. I did better than I thought I would, what with not being able to see the music too well. Sandi Patty was WONDERFUL! So was Larnelle Harris and Dino. Didn't really care that I couldn't read the notes; just to be on the same stage with stars of that magnitude was...I have no words!! What a BLESSING!!

Penny
Old 08-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #80
Berta48

Quote:
Hi Berta
Have you tried Stubbs BBQ sauce. It's only got 4 sugars, I think. I will use it in a pinch, or if I don't want to take the time to make my own. It's really quite good.

Well, my roast didn't turn out so well. I tried a cooking method that I hadn't used before. Cooking it at 450 degrees for 30 minutes, then turning the oven real low for about 1 1/2 hours. It was still quite tough, and the carrots were not quite done. I was disappointed. (insert sad face). After dinner, I got out my trusty pressure cooker and pressured it for about 30 minutes. Veggies are cooked to mush, but at least the meats tender!! Most of those veggies will probably end up in homemade vegetable beef soup, anyway.

I was down to 237 this morning. Told my hubby I don't really know why, I haven't been really good with the veggies lately. He said don't question, just be happy about it. Ok, sounds good to me.

The concert was outstanding Friday night. I did better than I thought I would, what with not being able to see the music too well. Sandi Patty was WONDERFUL! So was Larnelle Harris and Dino. Didn't really care that I couldn't read the notes; just to be on the same stage with stars of that magnitude was...I have no words!! What a BLESSING!!
WOW Patty what a blessing!!!! I have heard of Dino and Sandi Patty but not the other one. That is quite a deal isn't it? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

On the weight loss too!!! Take it and run

No I haven't tried the BBQ Sauce. But I like my ribs without it.I just am a canivorous all the way around
I am thinking it isn't suppose to have more than 3gms of sugar so If I find any like that I might try it. I haven't tried making my own but I may venture into that one of these days

WQe will be going to Wichita in a couple weeks and they have a Whole Fodds grocers there so I am going to check it out. It also the same week I get paid so I will be bringing homw some food!!!(I hope)

I am getting use to the no bread. But I do eat the Sandwich Thins. Have you tried them? I really would be lost without them. I can have a sandwich and I do enjoy sandwiches. I miss the potatoe more than anything

KUTGW!!!

I have 4.6 more to loose to get to my first mini goal! I have been doing SB for one month the 14th,Eight lbs gone I sure wish I could keep that rate up!

Last edited by Berta48; 08-19-2013 at 03:15 PM..
Old 08-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Yea Berta!! I am 8 pounds, too!! It's been more like 2 months for me, but I de-railed myself for a while, and I had to make up for gaining it all back. BUT, I am right on track, now, so that's great. We are having left-over beef roast tonight. And mushy vegetables! Pressure cooker took care of business on the beef, but the veggies about died on me. That's ok. we'll eat them tonight, then they will magically re-appear as a vegetable soup!
I am getting everything ready for my cataract surgery Wednesday morning. Gotta be there at 6 am! YIKES!! Don't have to worry about eating or drinking anything before surgery, not when I have to get up about 4:45. Can't stomach anything to eat that early, but I will miss sipping on hot tea. (My standard when I'm nervous about something). I know everything will be fine, but I will be glad when it's over!! Say a prayer for me, please!!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #82
Berta48

Quote:
Yea Berta!! I am 8 pounds, too!! It's been more like 2 months for me, but I de-railed myself for a while, and I had to make up for gaining it all back. BUT, I am right on track, now, so that's great. We are having left-over beef roast tonight. And mushy vegetables! Pressure cooker took care of business on the beef, but the veggies about died on me. That's ok. we'll eat them tonight, then they will magically re-appear as a vegetable soup!
I am getting everything ready for my cataract surgery Wednesday morning. Gotta be there at 6 am! YIKES!! Don't have to worry about eating or drinking anything before surgery, not when I have to get up about 4:45. Can't stomach anything to eat that early, but I will miss sipping on hot tea. (My standard when I'm nervous about something). I know everything will be fine, but I will be glad when it's over!! Say a prayer for me, please!!
Penny
The Lord will be with you and see you through. It will be over with before you know it and you will be able to see alot better

Good for you getting back on track. Have you tried useing a crock pot? I like cooking my meat in mine. I don't like cooking my vegetables with my meat I like the taste of them cooked separately for some reason.Guess I am just an odd duck I use my steamer pan

Prayers for Wednesday.WOW that is early!!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ToMo
Stats: 170/161/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: August 2013
For dinner we had...

Tonight I made a chicken salad lettuce wraps from the left over rotisserie chicken we had Sunday night.
I simply shredded the chicken and added mayo until moist and a small bit of mustard and pepper. I put the chicken on Romaine lettuce leaves and topped with crumbled bacon, onion, tomato, and a bit of cheese.
Yummy!
ToMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

For lunch today we had a small sirloin and salad and for dinner tonight we had a large salad. Definitely got my veggies in today!

Berta- that's ok. I know you were joking! No, don't go to the trouble of posting the recipe since I won't be needing it till we get home. I wanted to get the Quick and Easy South Beach cookbook today but the bookstore I went to had multiple South Beach books but not the one I wanted. Anyone have that particular book and do you like it?

Penny- best wishes on your surgery Wednesday. Please don't worry about it. It's really a fairly simple surgery and technology is so advanced that even if your eye moves the machine keeps track and stays on target. I had both eyes done a couple years ago and DH had one eye this year and it wasn't bad at all for either of us. You'll probably need to use eyedrops for a few weeks afterwards and possibly wear a plastic eye patch when you sleep. They'll also give you something to relax you before surgery too.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
Mmm chicken salad lettuce wraps are good.. nice n easy lunch.

I have the Quick and Easy one for Kindle (forgot I had it!).. I made a few things in it as I look through the Table of Contents.. Going to pick out a few things for next week to make. Some soups look like they'd work great in my Vitamix!

I'm making Kalyn's Kitchen Chicken Piccata tonight.. whole grain pasta for the family with steamed green beans.. hoping my half of the spaghetti squash is still good to heat up.

Wednesday: Chicken on the grill with Kalyn's Kitchen Black Bean Garlic Marinade

Thursday: I have wild caught haddock (frozen), gotta find a recipe for it

Friday: Coffee Crockpot Roast from a website katrina-runs.. it has carrots, onions, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, can diced tomatoes, 1 cup of coffee

Saturday: pistachio crusted chicken - take chicken breasts and cover them in dijon mustard then dip in crushed pistachios with poultry seasoning.. brown in a cast iron skillet and put it in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 min.. it works great cold over salad.

Sunday: italian meatballs and salad made from an italian meatloaf recipe that I found too moist as a meatloaf but had delicious flavor from thesimplepen website. Ground chicken is so great as a substitute for beef.. it has a great texture.. I'll probably combine that with some pork tenderloin I'll grind up in my meat grinder.
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMo View Post
Tonight I made a chicken salad lettuce wraps from the left over rotisserie chicken we had Sunday night.
I simply shredded the chicken and added mayo until moist and a small bit of mustard and pepper. I put the chicken on Romaine lettuce leaves and topped with crumbled bacon, onion, tomato, and a bit of cheese.
Yummy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post

I have the Quick and Easy one for Kindle (forgot I had it!).. I made a few things in it as I look through the Table of Contents.. Going to pick out a few things for next week to make. Some soups look like they'd work great in my Vitamix!

I'm making Kalyn's Kitchen Chicken Piccata tonight.. whole grain pasta for the family with steamed green beans.. hoping my half of the spaghetti squash is still good to heat up.

Have you tried using the Parmesan cheese recipe you posted?

Friday: Coffee Crockpot Roast from a website katrina-runs.. it has carrots, onions, mushrooms, garlic, thyme, can diced tomatoes, 1 cup of coffee

I don't think I've ever used coffee but have fixed it with cola.

Sunday: italian meatballs and salad made from an italian meatloaf recipe that I found too moist as a meatloaf but had delicious flavor from thesimplepen website. Ground chicken is so great as a substitute for beef.. it has a great texture.. I'll probably combine that with some pork tenderloin I'll grind up in my meat grinder.
Your menu for the week sounds delicious! I had gotten a meatloaf recipe from Allrecipes about 2 yrs ago that was so good. It had become my husbands favorite! I'd often cook it just so we could have meatloaf sandwiches on fresh baked bread. I need to fix it again but make it SB friendly. Just not sure if the SB ketchup recipe will be as tasty.

I have over 20 cookbooks on my kindle and didn't think once of ordering the book and gave it delivered instantly. Thanks for the idea! I have the regular kindle not kindle fire. How do the pictures show up? And would you recommend this particular book? I love to cook big meals but now I'm looking for fairly simple quick recipes I can just throw together.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #87
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMo View Post
Yummy!
Welcome
I think you are new any way I don't recall seeing you post before.But I do have my senior moments Your chicken wrap sounds good. I like chicken salad and tuna salad that way. I use to like tuna salad or chicken salad on bread with potato chips But don't do that any longer but wow it was great

Quote:
For lunch today we had a small sirloin and salad and for dinner tonight we had a large salad. Definitely got my veggies in today!

Berta- that's ok. I know you were joking! No, don't go to the trouble of posting the recipe since I won't be needing it till we get home. I wanted to get the Quick and Easy South Beach cookbook today but the bookstore I went to had multiple South Beach books but not the one I wanted. Anyone have that particular book and do you like it?

Penny- best wishes on your surgery Wednesday. Please don't worry about it. It's really a fairly simple surgery and technology is so advanced that even if your eye moves the machine keeps track and stays on target. I had both eyes done a couple years ago and DH had one eye this year and it wasn't bad at all for either of us. You'll probably need to use eyedrops for a few weeks afterwards and possibly wear a plastic eye patch when you sleep. They'll also give you something to relax you before surgery too.
Good for you and your veggies. I don't eat lettuce at home but love to order salad when we eat out. I just don't like cutting up things I guess? Our lettuce always goes bad before we get it eaten.Now I do fix veggies like broccoli and caulifolower and green beans, and we are having alot of sliced tomatoes at the present time. Sure am going to miss them when they are gone! Oh we also like canned spinach and turnips
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post

Saturday: pistachio crusted chicken - take chicken breasts and cover them in dijon mustard then dip in crushed pistachios with poultry seasoning.. brown in a cast iron skillet and put it in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 min.. it works great cold over salad.

I will be over to join you for breakfast, lunch and supper this week, may I bring my DH too Sounds good. I don't plan that far ahead, but I do plan like two days. Because I usually I change my mind as to what I want.

Quote:
Your menu for the week sounds delicious! I had gotten a meatloaf recipe from Allrecipes about 2 yrs ago that was so good. It had become my husbands favorite! I'd often cook it just so we could have meatloaf sandwiches on fresh baked bread. I need to fix it again but make it SB friendly. Just not sure if the SB ketchup recipe will be as tasty.

I have over 20 cookbooks on my kindle and didn't think once of ordering the book and gave it delivered instantly. Thanks for the idea! I have the regular kindle not kindle fire. How do the pictures show up? And would you recommend this particular book? I love to cook big meals but now I'm looking for fairly simple quick recipes I can just throw together.
I have the Quick and Easy SB cookbook but have never used it. I may have to look into that this weekMy favorite place is Kayln's Kitchen have you checked that site out?SB recipes almost anythinf you can think of and she puts the Phase by them also.She has a thread on FB too.

Last edited by Berta48; 08-20-2013 at 09:19 AM..
Old 08-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

We had a big pot of home-made chili for dinner tonight. I wanted to fix a few things ahead of surgery so I didn't have to fool with cooking tomorrow. I also have a pot of beef stew ready to go. I will tear up some lettuce tonight to make a quick salad to round out either meal. I'm good to go....
Old 08-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I will be over to join you for breakfast, lunch and supper this week, may I bring my DH too Sounds good. I don't plan that far ahead, but I do plan like two days. Because I usually I change my mind as to what I want.

I have the Quick and Easy SB cookbook but have never used it. I may have to look into that this weekMy favorite place is Kayln's Kitchen have you checked that site out?SB recipes almost anythinf you can think of and she puts the Phase by them also.She has a thread on FB too.
Haha I would love the company! Come on by

Sounds like we all should try out a recipe from the book and report back!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
We had a big pot of home-made chili for dinner tonight. I wanted to fix a few things ahead of surgery so I didn't have to fool with cooking tomorrow. I also have a pot of beef stew ready to go. I will tear up some lettuce tonight to make a quick salad to round out either meal. I'm good to go....
Best wishes for tomorrow!! You will do great!

I love stews n soups. So nice n easy.