Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Tell hubby Happy Birthday from your low carb friend! tonight was a pork chop and a large salad with a large glass of water. But your dinner sounds much better! I'm having a fudgesicle tonight. Love those things. Wish we could have two instead of one.
oh that's so nice of you

well, I always ate 2

I am trying that zucchini bread recipe, that sounds fabulous!
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #32
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Just to let everyone know I will be gone for probably a week or so.My PCs hard drive is going out.SO I have to take it into the shop and I won't even be able to let you know how my first PH2 weigh in goes Monday

So take care and have a wonderful week-end!!

Tomorrows supper is grilled steak, wilted lettuce, sliced tomatoes and fresh green beansFor everyone else fresh corn on the cobb.Who knows I might just have one ear
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Yes you can eat it together it is from Kayln's Kitchen and she has SB recipes.She lost her weight on SB and has a site with all Phases of recipes.

The carrots & apple are PH2 . It taste likes zuchinni bread. Soft & moist Anyway I certainly like it almost too much as it's hard for me to stay out of it!
Quote:
Just to let everyone know I will be gone for probably a week or so.My PCs hard drive is going out.SO I have to take it into the shop and I won't even be able to let you know how my first PH2 weigh in goes Monday

So take care and have a wonderful week-end!!

Tomorrows supper is grilled steak, wilted lettuce, sliced tomatoes and fresh green beansFor everyone else fresh corn on the cobb.Who knows I might just have one ear
Okay, Berta, we'll miss you! But wishing you the best with your weigh in. Let us know what it is when you get back online.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
oh that's so nice of you

well, I always ate 2

Maybe I am wrong, then! I thought since we were limited 75 calories extra per day then 2 fudgesicles would be off plan. I try to rationalize some nights and say that it's only 5 extra calories more but I think it's because of the number of carbs. My bd is next month and I might have 4 if I can't have cake!!
Old 08-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #35
Berta48

Quote:
Maybe I am wrong, then! I thought since we were limited 75 calories extra per day then 2 fudgesicles would be off plan. I try to rationalize some nights and say that it's only 5 extra calories more but I think it's because of the number of carbs. My bd is next month and I might have 4 if I can't have cake!!
I got in here one last time. We are allowed 100cal extra a day.I sometimes eat a SF popcicle and SF Fdgecicle.the fudgecicle is 70 the SF popcicle is 30. But I haven't done that but like once.

By the way I looked in the book and corn oil is allowed but the brown sugar isn't.So I gave everything I bought to DH.I am sticking with just the regular normal food. Likemeat, fruit & veggies.I have been having one starch but not every day so If I don't loose it will be the snap peas and Legumes sticks I ate cause everything else I have eaten was on plan .

P.S. I only bought 2 ears of corn so the guys can eat them. That way I wont be tempted I might drool a bit but won't eat it

Last edited by Berta48; 08-03-2013 at 12:27 PM..
Old 08-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I got in here one last time. We are allowed 100cal extra a day.I sometimes eat a SF popcicle and SF Fdgecicle.the fudgecicle is 70 the SF popcicle is 30. But I haven't done that but like once.

By the way I looked in the book and corn oil is allowed but the brown sugar isn't.So I gave everything I bought to DH.I am sticking with just the regular normal food. Likemeat, fruit & veggies.I have been having one starch but not every day so If I don't loose it will be the snap peas and Legumes sticks I ate cause everything else I have eaten was on plan .

P.S. I only bought 2 ears of corn so the guys can eat them. That way I wont be tempted I might drool a bit but won't eat it
Good for you! I stopped buying things I can't have. It helps that my husband is on the same plan as me and I do all the cooking. We go grocery shopping together and we jokingly say to each other "Don't look!" when we pass forbidden foods like chocolate candy, cookies, etc. today we mainly shopped the perimeter of the store buying frozen and fresh veggies, cheeses, meats etc. that helps avoid temptation. Of course the Walmart I go to has the walnuts on the same shelf as the Hershey's kisses so some temptation can't be avoided.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

It's after 2 and we haven't had lunch yet but I did use the bean cake recipe in a muffin top pan hoping for them to be more bread like. DH loves sandwiches. So I made up a batch without the Splenda and used a little bit of Parmesan cheese and light sprinkling of Italian seasoning. It made nice little round, soft discs (or is it disks?) of bread like consistency, but moister. I have some ground beef in the fridge so ill be making small patties and we can make sliders when hubby is ready for lunch. On a good note, we did have our breakfast early so it warded off any hunger pangs. For dinner, not sure, but may pan fry some fish using glitterific's/Rachel's recipe hoping whatever I did wrong the first time, will not be repeated and will come out crispy. But crispy or not we loved it!
Old 08-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #38
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Just a reminder about links to sites: they need to follow the TOS (short form below).
Many recipe sites are fronts for selling recipe books, gadgets or ingredients, so please check the link before you post it.
An easier way is to copy the recipe and give credit like "I found this recipe on houseofpies web site" instead of linking directly to the site.
Thank you

Terms of Service - Policy Modification
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #39
Berta48

Morning SBeachers

Well I lost 1.4 lbs my first week of Ph2.So after all my boo boos I am happy.That is a total of 7 lbs in three weeks I will take it!!
I will add 2 starches this week and see how I do this week when I weigh in Mon.I may not add 2 every day but I will when I choose to.

Tonight we are having 93% lean hamburger with brown rice, tomatoes and cabbage casserole!I have to find one first.But it sounded good to me
Then perhaps a side salad of lettuce and tomatoes etc.

I am wanting popcorn so tonight I think that will be my treat for the 2nd starch. 3cups I know

I did not have to take my PC into the shop(as you can tell and as I posted on LCF thread) as he fixed it from his homeIt is amazing what they can do these days. Just amazing!!

Have a GRRRRRRRREAT on plan day!!!

Last edited by Berta48; 08-05-2013 at 09:22 AM..
Old 08-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Good afternoon Glitter and Berta! This past weekend we stayed on plan except last night we both were just too tired so we each had 2 of the bean cakes I made yesterday (24 per can of beans so they're tiny), celery with laughing cow rf cheese, and a fudgesicle. I know that wasn't according to plan but it worked. It filled us up and we were content. For lunch today I made a low carb pizza according to recipe on LC site. I made it with turkey sausage, turkey pepperoni and black olives and it was so good! It actually tasted like a crust, but better, because I don't typically eat the crusts when we go out for pizza. Tonight it's going to be fish, green beans and a Greek salad. I forgot to mention, for lunch I made the bean cakes but didn't use Splenda. I substituted Italian seasoning and grated parm and baked in muffin top pans. We made cheeseburger sliders with them and enjoyed them ever so much!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Hi everybody-
I made pizza today, too. We bought a whole grain crust, then I used a bottled pizza sauce with very low sugar, chopped green pepper, ground beef and ham with rf mozzarella cheese. It was just ok... Neither one of us where over the moon about it, though. I guess it wasn't too awfully bad for us, but I didn't feel right about eating it. Seemed sooo bad to be eating pizza. Dreadfully off-plan, teeming with calories, etc...etc...Now it's sitting on my tummy like a lead weight. (Might have been too rich, perhaps, after so long with lean grilled meats and steamed veggies???)

Penny
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
oh that's so nice of you

well, I always ate 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Just a reminder about links to sites: they need to follow the TOS (short form below).
Many recipe sites are fronts for selling recipe books, gadgets or ingredients, so please check the link before you post it.
An easier way is to copy the recipe and give credit like "I found this recipe on houseofpies web site" instead of linking directly to the site.
Thank you

Terms of Service - Policy Modification
I read over the posts twice and I am not sure where we went wrong. Any of you know which post had a direct link?
Old 08-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

No, Gmom,
I was mystified!! I really didn't know what they were referring to...
Old 08-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi everybody-
I made pizza today, too. We bought a whole grain crust, then I used a bottled pizza sauce with very low sugar, chopped green pepper, ground beef and ham with rf mozzarella cheese. It was just ok... Neither one of us where over the moon about it, though. I guess it wasn't too awfully bad for us, but I didn't feel right about eating it. Seemed sooo bad to be eating pizza. Dreadfully off-plan, teeming with calories, etc...etc...Now it's sitting on my tummy like a lead weight. (Might have been too rich, perhaps, after so long with lean grilled meats and steamed veggies???)
Gail-sorry to hear your pizza didn't sit well with you. But it must be a pizza kind of day. . I haven't had pizza in so long I can't remember when. I know it's been months but I totally enjoyed this one. The crust is made with reduced fat cheeses and eggs. I do feel guilty eating eggs thinking they might be bad for me but considering the size pizza it's less than half an egg per serving, and I used turkey toppings. There, I feel better now!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi everybody-
Quote:
No, Gmom,
I was mystified!! I really didn't know what they were referring to...
I don't either! Not sure how to correct it if I don't know what is wrong. :-)
Old 08-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

It was about a 10" pizza. I ate my half. Hubby was smarter, he only ate 2 pieces, then said nope, no more. I've been hitting the antacids even since...
Old 08-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #47
Berta48

Quote:
Good afternoon Glitter and Berta! This past weekend we stayed on plan except last night we both were just too tired so we each had 2 of the bean cakes I made yesterday (24 per can of beans so they're tiny), celery with laughing cow rf cheese, and a fudgesicle. I know that wasn't according to plan but it worked. It filled us up and we were content. For lunch today I made a low carb pizza according to recipe on LC site. I made it with turkey sausage, turkey pepperoni and black olives and it was so good! It actually tasted like a crust, but better, because I don't typically eat the crusts when we go out for pizza. Tonight it's going to be fish, green beans and a Greek salad. I forgot to mention, for lunch I made the bean cakes but didn't use Splenda. I substituted Italian seasoning and grated parm and baked in muffin top pans. We made cheeseburger sliders with them and enjoyed them ever so much!

Well my first PH2 weigh in went well . Lost 1.4 the book says I should loose 1-2 a week if I follow plan. I had a few goofs with those Lentils Crisps and Snap Pea Crisps, so I am trying to be extra careful this week.

I did find some whole grain wraps that I am going to try tomorrow. I am actually enjoying trying all the new things. I am considering making the cheese cake or the key lime pie with the nut crust,DH likes them both and so do I It depends on how my times goes.I am so far behind in my sewing it is crazy I don'tknow if I'lk have enoght things made for the craft show in Nov. I hope I do but I just have to take it one day at a time
Old 08-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Well my first PH2 weigh in went well . Lost 1.4 the book says I should loose 1-2 a week if I follow plan. I had a few goofs with those Lentils Crisps and Snap Pea Crisps, so I am trying to be extra careful this week.

I did find some whole grain wraps that I am going to try tomorrow. I am actually enjoying trying all the new things. I am considering making the cheese cake or the key lime pie with the nut crust,DH likes them both and so do I It depends on how my times goes.I am so far behind in my sewing it is crazy I don'tknow if I'lk have enoght things made for the craft show in Nov. I hope I do but I just have to take it one day at a time
yeah, Berta! That's great! even with your 'Goofs' you managed to lose weight. Good for you! Your doctor will be so proud!
Old 08-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #49
Berta48

Thanks. I was quite happy.
Today we have a friend that has been doing some work for us and he wanted to take me out for lunch with another of his friends female.I told him if we went someplace I could get baked, broiled or grilled meat and lost of veggies. So when I get into the car and we are on our way.He say's is Mexican OK? Well he knew it was a hard choice for me as we ate there Sunday and I did not do so well.But since I was his guest I felt I shouldn't say no.SO we went. But I am so proud of myslef

I ordered Fajita without the shells and told them to add lettuce and RF sour cream.I gave the rice and re fried beans to him.Because I am almost certain they were not FF refried beans. I did eat about 2 tbs of his(guacamoli spelling)But I did not eat not one chip and salsa.I knew if I ate even one that be the end of it!

So I went out and ate at a Mexcan restaurant and stayed on plan .I am actually learning to make wise choices even eating out.YEAH for SOUTH BEACH.

Last edited by Berta48; 08-06-2013 at 07:58 PM..
Old 08-07-2013, 04:37 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations Berta - I am still not setting my foot into a Mexican place. I know myself too well, I have no will-power when it comes to rice and refried beans!! And the chips??? Forget it!!!! You did very well, I'm happy for you. I've had a few goofs, myself, so I am staying right around 238 for my weigh-in. Ah-well, this is a new week, and I have all the tools that I need to succeed at this. (Just gotta use 'em)!!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #51
Berta48

Good Morning
Well today I am making creme filled chocolate cupcakes, but they will be SB friendy. HONEST! I have a recipe Book that all the recipes are made from Almond Flour and/OR Coconut Flour.
Tonight is my class at church and I always take a snack.So I am trying this recipe out. The filling is egg whites and agave nectar.The cake part is cocoa unsweetend and I don't remember what else. I have everything sitting on the counter and the oven pre heating.I have never made them so we will see.Last time I tried the WW cookies they went into the trash

If it is good I will post it for you all.I enjoy trying to make different things but when it is nasty it is aggravating s then I have wasted all those ingredients

Quote:
Congratulations Berta - I am still not setting my foot into a Mexican place. I know myself too well, I have no will-power when it comes to rice and refried beans!! And the chips??? Forget it!!!! You did very well, I'm happy for you. I've had a few goofs, myself, so I am staying right around 238 for my weigh-in. Ah-well, this is a new week, and I have all the tools that I need to succeed at this. (Just gotta use 'em)!!
Well I was not very good on Sunday ate a lot of hte chipes and salsa.But I did order a taco salad. However I am almost certain the beef was not RF and probably the cream cheese either. But I did the best I could under the circumstances. This Sunday I am fixing a Roast in our crock Pot and we are coming home for lunch Tha ill also save us about 30.00 - 40.00 dollars. I have made my mind up that we will go out after church once or twice a month! Put that money we woukd have spent in our savings

I heard Joyce Myers say when you are born again you have willpower as it is a fruit of the Spirit.But we just aren't use to using it! It made sense to me.

So I am trying to use itIt takes to time to change our old habits but we will get there one of these days!!!

Last edited by Berta48; 08-07-2013 at 11:00 AM..
Old 08-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #52
Berta48

WHERE IS EVERYONE

I made the coconut flour cupcakes and they were good. I ove rbaked them a bit and so they were a little dry.But I put RF cream cheese with cocoa powder and a tad of RF milk in it and made the icing.

They wern't going to eat them at first and I ask why? They said we don't like wheat flour.That was becauue of the terrible WW cookies I took them last week that we threw into the trash
So I told them it was coconut flour and so they ate them and liked them
Now if I can just stay out of the rest of them, as my DH doesn't like cake very much

I probably won't be making alot of these type of foods because It is hard to stay out of them too.

I fixed a mulktigrain sandwich thin with turkey bacon, lettuce, tomato and RF Mayo for my breakfast today and it was I will be having that again

What is the one thing you don't like about SB?I think mine is having to eat protein with a fruit! I am eating cantaloupe and a RF cheese stick for my snack right now! It is ok but would rather have just the fruit

We are having lean ham steak, peas, and turnips for supper this evening.Or maybe green beans, instead of the turnips.

Last edited by Berta48; 08-08-2013 at 11:14 AM..
Old 08-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
Start Date: June 2013
Lots of wonderful ideas on here. I made a fabulous main dish salad for supper tonight. Leftover porkloin cut into chunks, spinach and romaine, olives, parmesan, boiled egg, soynuts, with olive oil and redwine vinegar.
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #54
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Lots of wonderful ideas on here. I made a fabulous main dish salad for supper tonight. Leftover porkloin cut into chunks, spinach and romaine, olives, parmesan, boiled egg, soynuts, with olive oil and redwine vinegar.
Jeri
Sounds very good. I need to learn to eat more veggies.
We had lean ham, fresh green beans, & fresh sliced tomatoes
Old 08-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
Start Date: June 2013
I am not a huge fruit fan, but I could eat vegis at every meal, yet those are the last thing I think of when I usually plan a meal.

I made meatloaf a while back and put sauteed onions, carrots and celery in it along with oatmeal instead of bread or crackers. Also added parmesan. It turned out yummy and got vegis!!
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #56
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
I am not a huge fruit fan, but I could eat vegis at every meal, yet those are the last thing I think of when I usually plan a meal.

I made meatloaf a while back and put sauteed onions, carrots and celery in it along with oatmeal instead of bread or crackers. Also added parmesan. It turned out yummy and got vegis!!
Jeri
I don't eat fruit much and when I do it is usuallly a snack.Not for breakfast as SB says not to.BUT I wish I could.I love cantaloupe!

I have made meatloaf that way and love it. I like cold meatloaf sandwiches I use the Hunts RS ketchup and mustard and Brown sugar twin mixed together and put that on top or I use SF maple Syrup sometimes instead of the Brown Sugar Twin!I also have added eggs and RF cheese too!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

I'm tired from all the unpacking and repacking but I found time to make my mock hamburger buns using the bean cake recipe minus sweetener. I use a muffin top pan and they make perfect little slider sized burgers. I have lettuce washed, and onions and tomato sliced. So tonight it's cheeseburger sliders. Hubby loves these! So do I!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Berta- I don't think I read the part about not eating fruit for breakfast. Do you know the reason for this? I love cantaloupe too. Between the melon and bananas those are my two favorite fruit. When I go to buffets I eat snow crabs and cantaloupe with about 1/2 sliced banana for dessert. If that were all they had I'd still be happy! :-)
Old 08-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Hi Gmom
I remember that from the book. They advise against fruit for breakfast. Something about the sugar bringing on the cravings again. You might try it to see how it works with you. You may not have a problem with it.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #60
Berta48

Quote:
Berta- I don't think I read the part about not eating fruit for breakfast. Do you know the reason for this? I love cantaloupe too. Between the melon and bananas those are my two favorite fruit. When I go to buffets I eat snow crabs and cantaloupe with about 1/2 sliced banana for dessert. If that were all they had I'd still be happy! :-)
It says they don't recommend eating fruit for breakfast as it raises blood sugars,and when you eat fruit eat protein with it?
I can look it up if you want me to and tell you what pg. it is on?