Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Lazy Days of Summer on the Beach

Are you ready?
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #2

I have internet tonight and no one to talk to.

I spent over 7 hours today bushwhacking. I won't be able to move tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:03 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GracieWI
Stats: 211/211/????
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
I won't be able to move tomorrow.
But it's good pain, right?
GracieWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:08 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Being a newbie here, I have to ask... Is this our regular daily thread? I'm going to post as if it is.

I'm going to have a bite to eat, then head out to the grocery store to pick up the rest of what I need to officially start Day 1 of SBD today. I'm excited to begin. I feel better already! I had my official weigh in, and probably not coincidentally, it's exactly my previous highest weight. I'm going to call it a good omen, because the last time I lost a substantial amount of weight, this is where I started. That said, I really don't believe that is what will matter in the long run. What will matter is that I do what I need to do to get to the place I want to be! And so it begins...Day 1 on the Beach.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieWI View Post
Being a newbie here, I have to ask... Is this our regular daily thread? I'm going to post as if it is.

I'm going to have a bite to eat, then head out to the grocery store to pick up the rest of what I need to officially start Day 1 of SBD today. I'm excited to begin. I feel better already! I had my official weigh in, and probably not coincidentally, it's exactly my previous highest weight. I'm going to call it a good omen, because the last time I lost a substantial amount of weight, this is where I started. That said, I really don't believe that is what will matter in the long run. What will matter is that I do what I need to do to get to the place I want to be! And so it begins...Day 1 on the Beach.
Yes, this is where we hang out. Ask questions, post menus, general chit-chat-- it's all here.

Glad to have you with us on the Beach!
Old 06-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Hi all
Getting ready to grill out pork chops marinated in ginger and soy sauce. Hubby is having a baked potato, and I will have Zucchini ribbons sautéed with garlic and olive oil. Round out the meal with butter beans and field peas cooked together and cantaloupe slices for dessert. Can't wait!!
Penny
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Good morning! I'm happy to say I survived day 1.

I can see that protein and vegetables will be a challenge for breakfast. My previous regular breakfast was baked oatmeal. I've never done well with eggs, as I end up, oddly enough, ravenously hungry in a couple hours. The baked oatmeal would keep me almost till lunch. And vegetables are just icky this early. I can do cottage cheese, so I'll have that with a hard boiled egg, and then eat the veggies after a bit--once I've had my coffee!

I am trying something new today. Since I've been having trouble getting up early enough to go to the gym before work, I'm going right from work. This means having to bring all my crap with me, but if that works, then so be it.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #8

Hurray for Day 1 ! Well, our usual go-to for veggies is some kind of veggie filled quiche, but if you aren't fond of eggs, that won't work. If you can do cottage cheese, then cottage cheese and V-8 juice works. Or just load up on veggies at snack time.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieWI View Post
Good morning! I'm happy to say I survived day 1.

I can see that protein and vegetables will be a challenge for breakfast. My previous regular breakfast was baked oatmeal. I've never done well with eggs, as I end up, oddly enough, ravenously hungry in a couple hours. The baked oatmeal would keep me almost till lunch. And vegetables are just icky this early. I can do cottage cheese, so I'll have that with a hard boiled egg, and then eat the veggies after a bit--once I've had my coffee!

I am trying something new today. Since I've been having trouble getting up early enough to go to the gym before work, I'm going right from work. This means having to bring all my crap with me, but if that works, then so be it.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Hi Gracie I was one who could not stand to eat breakfast when I first started Phase 1. I used to take 2 cheese sticks and a small can of v-8 to work with me. Around 10 am I would go in the back and scarf down my v-8 and cheese sticks and call it good. Worked for me for a long time. Eventually, I came around to eating eggs first thing in the morning, but it took a while. Good luck.
Penny
Old 06-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the input! My biggest issue is that I take my breakfast to work, so it has to be something that doesn't take and last minute prep. The cottage cheese and HB egg worked well, then I had jicama a little later. I was kind of headachey all day, but I kind of expected that. Aside from that, I feel good. I don't feel hungry throughout the day, and what I'm eating is working. I'll be glad to add in some whole grain things though!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
Rose - Bushwhacking made me laugh. Not quite sure why.... but I enjoyed it! lmao
I'm so fat. Going through Hell and back with my poor son.
Cancer is just sooooo awful.
Trying to get back on phase one.
Hope all is well with everyone!!!!
Michele
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #12
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Busy, busy week!! Work is absolutely nuts. And I am having a hundred people to my house on Saturday. Yikes!! Did I mention 100 people??

So, if you guessed my eating has been lousy, you guessed correctly. And of course, the scale shows it.

In any case, once I get this party over with, I will be on here more regularly. Especially since I have gotten the lion's share of my Spring gardening (flowers, not veggies) done in anticipation for this party. Pots are planted, beds are mulched, tons of transplanting done, etc. And you know what? It looks pretty darn good!!

Hugs to you Michele I can only imagine what you are going through with your beloved son.

2014 Running Miles: 366
2014 Walking Miles: 304
2014 Biking Miles: 513
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:57 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
Start Date: 1/2005
Ok, that's it, no more excuses. New week, gonna do phase 1, starting weight 131. Goal is 120; but mini goal is 125. Let the fun begin....lol
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #14
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
Ok, that's it, no more excuses. New week, gonna do phase 1, starting weight 131. Goal is 120; but mini goal is 125. Let the fun begin....lol
Me too! I was doing SO well before vacation and then I let things fall apart.

In any case, I will be in Dallas this week and as always, it is a challenge to remain on plan while traveling for business - but I really want to have a good week.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Okiemute30
WOE: South Beacg
Start Date: 5/18/2013
Enjoy Dallas, wiZ!
Okiemute30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #16
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! It's hot here. I went running this morning and it really knocked my socks off. I was okay with eating yesterday. Let's see what today brings - all meals are with my work contingent, so you are kinda stuck eating what they provide.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #17

I'm really sorry you are stuck in Dallas. At least you're not in Houston.

BTW, DD is back at Rutherfurd Hall for the summer; she calls me every night with a weather report. I tell her just wait.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HomeWorkerMT
Stats: 181/179.4/140. (55 yo)
WOE: WOE - My own way.
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2012
Hello, I am new to your South Beach site. I did South Beach a number of years ago and it seems the food lists have changed a good bit since I purchased the original book. Could anyone suggest the best book to purchase now for the outline of the updated South Beach Diet?

Thanks so much!
Laura
HomeWorkerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #19

I use the lists in SB Supercharged. back to the Beach.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Hi all - Penny here
I have done ok with eating, and my last tues weigh in I was down 7 pounds. Slow and steady wins the race.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #21

Penny Good work!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HomeWorkerMT
Stats: 181/179.4/140. (55 yo)
WOE: WOE - My own way.
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2012
Thank you, Rose. BTW, I am getting into knitting as well. I figured from your note at the bottom that you are a knitter!
HomeWorkerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spod
Stats: 240/189/160
Start Date: February 13 2013
Hi all! May was full of birthdays and vacation for me, so all I did was work to maintain and not gain. So basically, I had a total of 7 days off plan and it took me the other 3 weeks to just lose a pound or two. But so far this month I've lost 4 pounds and am trying so hard to hit my big goal I first set out for - lose 50 pounds by July 6th when I go to the cape. I have 6 pounds left to lose.
I am having an issue though. I have been crazy tired for the past 3 or so weeks. It's not my thyroid because I had it checked and my meds are working well. Has anyone had experience with being tired on SB? Is it possible I could not be eating enough calories and that's causing the fatigue?! I work out 4x a week at the gym but have been for months, so I don't think that's the culprit. Literally nothing else has changed, so I'm baffled! do you all count calories? I'm curious what is typical for others in a day.

Starting Weight: 240
Goal #1: 213 - met 3/26
Goal #2: 200 - met 5/4
Half way there - rejoined onederland 6/3!
Goal #3: 190 - met 7/2
Goal #4: 180
Goal #5: 170
Goal #6: 160
Spod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #24
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
I'm really sorry you are stuck in Dallas. At least you're not in Houston.

BTW, DD is back at Rutherfurd Hall for the summer; she calls me every night with a weather report. I tell her just wait.
That's great that she is back there again, she must be good at what she is doing!!

I'm off to run a Father's Day 5K this morning! It's perfect weather for it. Sunny and 60 degrees, with a light breeze off the ocean. BUT, I've been having knee issues, so after this race I plan to take 2 weeks off from running. I need to do some recuperation. These 53-year old joints are feeling a bit over-used...

Eating has been all over the place. Some meals great, some horrible depending on the circumstances. And I have to go away again on Monday - my 4th straight week of business travel. Enough already!! I just want to sleep in my nice bed next to my cuddly husband for a week. Oh well, this is what they pay me to do.

Welcome Laura!!

Great news on the 7 lbs Penny!!

Spod, despite a bumpy May, looks like you are on track. In terms of the fatigue issue, I have to ask the most basic question - are you getting enough sleep? I actually have lots of energy on SBD. But I'll tell you, when I don't get enough sleep, I feel it.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!
Old 06-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spod
Stats: 240/189/160
Start Date: February 13 2013
Hi Rose, that's a great question. I think I'm getting enough sleep. Out by 11/11:30 and up at 7 5 days a week and 5:20 2 days a week. So on average 7 hours a night. I increased my calories by about 100 yesterday and felt a bit better. I must be borderline too low. But I could also be tired. I'm someone who can always sleep more
Spod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
Well, I did day one and I am so proud of myself.....I ate South Beach totally. I have all the right foods in the house and that helps. But I am worried...my habit is that I usually start out fabulous and falter quickly. Trying to find the support I need and hoping this site will help to talk it out with others. I love talking about diets, what others are trying and I so want to stay healthy.
My main goal......lose this weight before my school starts again. (I work at an elementary)
My ultimate goal.....be healthy and stay healthy.

So hello.....I am a newbie and I am looking forward to communicating with you all....
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Jericrop - Penny here
I have the same habit, start strong and then fall away. Can't tell you how many times I've started over. Just keep motivated. I am telling that to myself as well. Went off the wagon a little, so I've gained 2 pounds. Back to the straight and narrow!!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #28
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spod View Post
Hi Rose, that's a great question. I think I'm getting enough sleep. Out by 11/11:30 and up at 7 5 days a week and 5:20 2 days a week. So on average 7 hours a night. I increased my calories by about 100 yesterday and felt a bit better. I must be borderline too low. But I could also be tired. I'm someone who can always sleep more
Glad to hear you are feeling better! The goal here is not to starve yourself And by the way, it was me Wiz asking you about sleep not our fearless leader, Rose.

Jericrop, welcome to our group!! I've been following SBD for over 5 years and I've been able to keep most (but sadly not all! ) of the weight off I lost back in 2008.

Off to NYC today on the train for 3 days of business...be back in touch later this week.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the Welcome!

Just had a wonderful breakfast...forgot how much I love salsa on my eggs. I have to admit I was skipping breakfast the last few weeks and lost nothing! Got on the scale this morning and the scale was more friendly today as opposed to yesterday. Drinking my water. Just feels good right now to be in control of something.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Day 2....another day accomplished. Didn't even eat my favorite cookies my mom in law made. I didn't tell her I was South Beachin it, so I tucked the cookies away and my husband can take them for lunch. I usually am not a sweet tooth kind of girl. I am more of a beer or wine and munchie kind of girl in the evenings.

I have also decided, after 9 pm NO FOOD. Tonight I ate supper at 8:45 so I had to eat fast..lol

Can't wait to see results. I need this so badly. Feeling good!!