Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 06:23 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Hi Jeri
I have also been a care-giver to aging parents, and I understand all too well the idea of soothing the pain of loss with food. Once you start down that path, it just gets worse and worse. I was the youngest of 2 daughters, and it fell to me to take care of my Mom. It was very fulfilling, but also one of the hardest things that I have ever done. I finally came to the realization that I needed to quit my job and move in with her. I will be forever grateful to my husband for supporting my decision to care for her personally for the last year of her life. BUT--it led to depression and uncontrolled eating. And then uncontrolled weight-gain. I still battle with emotional eating.

I really struggle with staying on the diet. I seem to do well for a few weeks, then "BOOM". That's me, falling off the wagon. I know I will feel a whole lot better without the extra weight. (There's lots of health problems right now.) But I just can't stay motivated!

I will be having cataract surgery soon, but I need physician's clearance before they will do it. Am not looking forward to what the Dr. will say about the weight gain since my last visit.

SOOO - I will take this opportunity to apply myself YET AGAIN!! My gosh, how many times do I have to fall down before I get this right??!!
-Penny
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #242
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Good Moring SB Buds
It is a beautiful day here in MO again early morning and already 88F. I went to my Chiropractor this a.m. for a treatment and he had a death in the family and wasn't in.My hip is out... well sorta... there is a problem and my sciatica nerve presses on it and causes me pain. And I have some upper ribs that just don't want to stay in place.But I will go back tomorrow and get put back together again He had a death in his family, so it was unavoidable.

Well I have nearly made it through my first week and I have not went of protocol one time.UNBELIEVABLEI am finding myself NOT hungry AT ALL! AMAZING (Why did I quit the first time?)

Celery and RF cream cheese have become my friend

I hope you all are having a great day on the BEACH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Good Morning!! Sharing some Happy thoughts this morning.....been at a 10lb loss for a week or more and just want to get past that mark and see the scale moving down. This morning I am down another pound.

Honestly, having this site to talk with others about SB has helped me soooo much. I look forward to checking out the site everyday and seeing what others have to say. This is a personal journey.

Last August my Dad passed away from dementia. It was devastating to me. I am the second youngest of 5 kids and I was the one given all of the responsibilities and decisions. I was the closest to my parents. I gained a lot of weight over the past year, trying to make myself happy. Eating everything and drinking beer. Now I am taking care of Mom, although she lives on her own. I am on depression meds, I am peri-menopausal, 49 years, healthy (no meds for cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.) I am NOT giving up!

Been married 29 years to my high school sweetheart, mother of two grown children, grandmother to a 7 year old and a 5 year old.....I need to be healthy for all I have.

Great to have your support and a platform to talk about SB!!!

Happy Thursday all....stay cool...
CONGRATULATIONS JERI WE CAN DO THIS

I lost my mom 3 yrs ago this Oct to Demenita. It is a heart breaking disease. We moved mom in with us so I could take care of her, as they were going to put her into a nursing home.( My older sister lives in Tenn. and works full time, where I was close and retired) mom lived in Illinois, We Missouri about 1 1/12 hrs from her.I quit my job to take care of her.It was ok at first but she deteirated(SP) really fast so heart breaking.

Finally the Drs. made me put her into a home.I hated it.She hated it, it broke my heart.But I just couldn't take care of her any longer.She wouldn't allow me to give her a bath or wash her hair in over a year.

I did finally talk her into letting a friend of mine come here that is a beautician and fix her hair and wash it but she didn't like it.She got to the point she would try to hit me and going to the bathroom in the waste basket.I could NOT please her in anyway. If I fixed toast w/ pnt butter(her favorite) it was to hard or to soft etc. etc.

So anyway she only lasted about 6 months after going into the nursing home. I believe she just gave up. I still feel quilty and miss her so much.

We at first really enjoyed each other, we would sit out on the screened in porch and have our coffee and watch the ground hog that lived under our storage shed And all the different birds that would come to feed in the feeders we ad out. I wish had been MUCH MUCH more patient with her.
I am so sorry for that
I will never forget as I held her hand and saw her take her last breath.SO sad.Broke my heart I still remember it and probably never will forget it.

So I know what you are going through but time does help the pain but nothing will ever take away the memories. So cherish the good ones and try to forget the bad ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi Jeri
I have also been a care-giver to aging parents, and I understand all too well the idea of soothing the pain of loss with food. Once you start down that path, it just gets worse and worse. I was the youngest of 2 daughters, and it fell to me to take care of my Mom. It was very fulfilling, but also one of the hardest things that I have ever done. I finally came to the realization that I needed to quit my job and move in with her. I will be forever grateful to my husband for supporting my decision to care for her personally for the last year of her life. BUT--it led to depression and uncontrolled eating. And then uncontrolled weight-gain. I still battle with emotional eating.

I really struggle with staying on the diet. I seem to do well for a few weeks, then "BOOM". That's me, falling off the wagon. I know I will feel a whole lot better without the extra weight. (There's lots of health problems right now.) But I just can't stay motivated!

I will be having cataract surgery soon, but I need physician's clearance before they will do it. Am not looking forward to what the Dr. will say about the weight gain since my last visit.

SOOO - I will take this opportunity to apply myself YET AGAIN!! My gosh, how many times do I have to fall down before I get this right??!!
-Penny
Penny
After reading your post I am thinking perhaps that was my problem(my overeating) and did not even recognize it.Thank you.

Just take it one day at atime.I myslef have been on so many diets I honestly can't count them all.I have quit eac and everyone of them But I have not given up.I am back on the Beach by Drs. Orders and I HAVE to do this.

This time it is not a diet for me it has to be my life style.I may not ALWAYS be perfect but by george I will be at least 95 % of the time if not more.

Just hang in there and we can ALL get through this together!!! I am the oldest here I think (65 next month)but it matters not. I still would like to live to see my Grand son married with kids

Last edited by Berta48; 07-18-2013 at 09:18 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #243
Berta48

I wanted to say in my last post(but my editing time ran out)

Mom laid ther for 3 days with her eyes closed non responsive and the at the time of her death she opened her eyes really wide looked toward heaven and smiled. Then took her last breath! She was a born again Christian and I honestly believe that she either saw Jesus or the angels coming to carry her home! If you were around her long enough you would always hear about Jesus and how when it was all said and done knowing him as your Savior was all that mattered in life!! So I know in my heart she is at last whole,happy and at peace!And that gives me PEACE

Last edited by Berta48; 07-18-2013 at 09:47 AM..
Old 07-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #244
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cathy25306
Buckhuntress - I had a hysterectomy when I was 40. Happiest day of my life. People in the hospital thought I was crazy. I had 5 kids sure did not want any more. It was a breeze. Keep a positive attitude and get up and walk ASAP. Meet with a lawyer tonight, never had to do anything like this before. Like there is this huge estate, not likely.
He was a Pastor and I work for the state. But you are right about one thing he was the love of my life, but more importantly he was my best friend.
Cathy25306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Buckhuntress - I had my hysterectomy when I was in my late 30s. Drs told me I had fibroid tumors big as grapefruit! I was married to my 2nd husband, who had a son and didn't really want anymore kids, anyway. So, I had the surgery and never regretted it one minute. I REALLY didn't regret the monthly inconvenience!!
Just follow the Drs orders, get your exercise and drink lots of water. You'll be fine.

Berta - I just turned 59 and have been battling my weight my whole life. I have pictures of me in my third grade class - I was the biggest one! I have had success with this diet or that for a short period, then...Wham!! down I go!! I had lost 35 pounds couple years ago. I was estatic. It all came right back. Hubby is not on the S.B. bandwagon, so that can make it little hard.

I applaud you, Berta, for caring for your Mom. Sounds like you had a harder time than I. Mom was gentle and loving, almost child-like towards the end. She had no idea the breast cancer had returned. She was just happy she didn't have to go to the hospital and get poked and prodded anymore. Mom was a devout Christian, strong in her faith! At the last, the Hospice nurse told us she was dragging her feet, she didn't want to leave us. Then - suddenly it was as though the Vail had been lifted and she caught a glimpse of Glory! She seemed to say "good-bye girls, I love you." Then she was gone, just that quickly. No more wheel-chair, no more hospital, no more labored breathing; free to meet her Savior, whole and happy at last!

But it left ME with depression, high blood pressure, and assuaging my sorrow with food. I have to find some way to convince myself that I HAVE to take care of myself. Too many health problems for me to play fast and loose anymore!! Like you said, I will take this one day at a time. Try to eat better TODAY. If I look at it that way, I can do it. If I thing "You have 100 pounds you need to loose" it's overwhelming. I have to do something. I HAVE TO!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Today's meals so far:
Breakfast - Cheerios with fat free milk and hand full of blueberries. Coffee with fat free creamer.
Lunch - 2 slices deli turkey
snack - apple cut in quarters with 2 tbsp. peanut butter.

I am making a baked chicken dish tonight. Recipe follows:

Italian Marinated Chicken with Red Potatoes and Squash
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1/8 tsp oregano
3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cutlets
2 medium potatoes, thinly sliced (for hubby)
2 carrots, peeled and cut in thin rounds
1 onion, diced
3 yellow squash, cut in thick chunks (for me)

Mix all ingredients in zip lock. Toss well to coat. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees

Spread all evenly on baking sheet. Roast chicken till it's cooked through (165 degrees) about 40 minutes. Cover dish and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.

I'll complete the meal with steamed broccoli.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #247
Berta48

Quote:
Buckhuntress - I had my hysterectomy when I was in my late 30s. Drs told me I had fibroid tumors big as grapefruit! I was married to my 2nd husband, who had a son and didn't really want anymore kids, anyway. So, I had the surgery and never regretted it one minute. I REALLY didn't regret the monthly inconvenience!!
Just follow the Drs orders, get your exercise and drink lots of water. You'll be fine.

Berta - I just turned 59 and have been battling my weight my whole life. I have pictures of me in my third grade class - I was the biggest one! I have had success with this diet or that for a short period, then...Wham!! down I go!! I had lost 35 pounds couple years ago. I was estatic. It all came right back. Hubby is not on the S.B. bandwagon, so that can make it little hard.

I applaud you, Berta, for caring for your Mom. Sounds like you had a harder time than I. Mom was gentle and loving, almost child-like towards the end. She had no idea the breast cancer had returned. She was just happy she didn't have to go to the hospital and get poked and prodded anymore. Mom was a devout Christian, strong in her faith! At the last, the Hospice nurse told us she was dragging her feet, she didn't want to leave us. Then - suddenly it was as though the Vail had been lifted and she caught a glimpse of Glory! She seemed to say "good-bye girls, I love you." Then she was gone, just that quickly. No more wheel-chair, no more hospital, no more labored breathing; free to meet her Savior, whole and happy at last!

But it left ME with depression, high blood pressure, and assuaging my sorrow with food. I have to find some way to convince myself that I HAVE to take care of myself. Too many health problems for me to play fast and loose anymore!! Like you said, I will take this one day at a time. Try to eat better TODAY. If I look at it that way, I can do it. If I thing "You have 100 pounds you need to loose" it's overwhelming. I have to do something. I HAVE TO!!!
You know how to make a girl cry.... the tears are rolling after reading your post

We will always miss them.But we have that blessed hope of seeing them again one day.And when we do they will be healed and in no pain.They will be BETTER than before they were ill

I wouldn't ask for her to come back the way she was. I have a saying I say"In the arms of Jesus... there is no better place to be" She had a long life she was 93 when she passed.So I really can not complain.

I am in the smae boat.I have over 100 lbs to loose and have already lost 40.However I have gained 20 some back of it.But I am going forward now adn I am WE WILL do this.

I am taking it ten lbs at a time.I am not looking at the amount I have to loose.I have to make a new lifestyle and make right choices.

SOOOOO"With your hand in my hand... together we WILL MAKE IT"

Do you have the SB Book? The recipes in there for PH1 are awesome.I made the snack for day one today. It was peanut butter and RF ricotta cheese( I didn't have ricotta so I used RF cottage cheese) with sweetner and vanilla.OH MY GOODNESS. It was SOOOOOO good! That is going to be a keeper for me for sure!!!
Old 07-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #248
Berta48

Quote:

I wantd to add I was always the fat kid at school.I never had a date.I had to ask one of my friends brothers if he would take me to my senior prom. What is funnynow... is I look at my pictures then and I wasn't even fat per say! But everyone always made fun of me.I wasn't a twiggy My maiden name was Carr and so they would always say move over here comes the fat carrKids can be very cruel
Old 07-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Hi Berta - Penny here
Yes, I have the book, and I agree, some of the recipes look wonderful. Only problem is my hubby is not particularly thrilled about most of them. I try to make things that we can both have. Roasted or grilled meats with veggies. A potato for him, squash for me. He is just now agreeing to eat salmon after the scare about fish oil. He's already had one episode of prostate cancer, and we don't feel like taking the risk of him continuing to use it. He says he will eat it once a week. I fixed it with lemon juice, garlic, dried basil and olive oil. Wonder of wonders ---- he liked it!!! We will be adding salmon to the week's menus from now on.

My Mom had diabetes later in life, so I am quite concerned about that. She was heavy for a lot of years, and never really gave up her sweets. I became accustomed to giving her the insulin shots, but Do Not want to have to do that myself. And I know the biggest factor for prevention is weight loss and proper eating. Shouldn't take a sledge-hammer to get it into my thick head!!

I like to eat apple slices with peanut butter for a snack. I don't really care for the ricotta cheese mixed with whatever for dessert or snack. Personal preference, I guess. Went to the store and bought Boar's Head deli turkey. Now that is good!! No fillers, no preservatives. Yum!!

Hubby and I are Baptists. We both sing in the choir and our faith is the most important aspect of our lives. I am going to go to the feet of Jesus and ask for help with this. I can't seem to do this alone. Nothing is impossible if you lay it in His Hands!

Keep thinking good thoughts for me, beachers. I will not eat poorly TODAY! Tomorrow is another day, and I will face it's problems when it arrives. I remember that's how I got past my Mom's passing. One minute, then one hour, then one day at a time. I WILL DO THIS!!

Last edited by gailbayne; 07-18-2013 at 04:02 PM..
Old 07-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
I wantd to add I was always the fat kid at school.I never had a date.I had to ask one of my friends brothers if he would take me to my senior prom. What is funnynow... is I look at my pictures then and I wasn't even fat per say! But everyone always made fun of me.I wasn't a twiggy My maiden name was Carr and so they would always say move over here comes the fat carrKids can be very cruel
Yes, kids can be relentless. If you don't fall into the accepted norm, it is almost a forgone conclusion that you will be bullied. I know I was. And I went to my high-school prom with my cousin. So Lame!! Fortunately, my husband is a very understanding man. (Maybe too understanding). He tells me he doesn't care if I'm over-weight. Wrong answer to somebody like me - who just looks for an excuse to have rice and potatoes.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today's meals so far:
Breakfast - Cheerios with fat free milk and hand full of blueberries. Coffee with fat free creamer.
Lunch - 2 slices deli turkey
snack - apple cut in quarters with 2 tbsp. peanut butter.

I am making a baked chicken dish tonight. Recipe follows:

Italian Marinated Chicken with Red Potatoes and Squash
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1/8 tsp oregano
3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cutlets
2 medium potatoes, thinly sliced (for hubby)
2 carrots, peeled and cut in thin rounds
1 onion, diced
3 yellow squash, cut in thick chunks (for me)

Mix all ingredients in zip lock. Toss well to coat. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees

Spread all evenly on baking sheet. Roast chicken till it's cooked through (165 degrees) about 40 minutes. Cover dish and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.

I'll complete the meal with steamed broccoli.

Well, Hubby wasn't too thrilled with dinner. I thought it was good, even though it was slightly over-cooked (by about 30 minutes). He sat there and looked at the dish, then looked at me, then back at the dish. Sigh. No one ever said eating better was for wimps!! I added a sliced green pepper and sliced zucchini to the mix to bump up the veggies. He ate maybe one very small piece of chicken and a few potato slices. Well, darn!!
Penny

Last edited by gailbayne; 07-18-2013 at 05:09 PM..
Old 07-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #252
Berta48

Quote:
Yes, kids can be relentless. If you don't fall into the accepted norm, it is almost a forgone conclusion that you will be bullied. I know I was. And I went to my high-school prom with my cousin. So Lame!! Fortunately, my husband is a very understanding man. (Maybe too understanding). He tells me he doesn't care if I'm over-weight. Wrong answer to somebody like me - who just looks for an excuse to have rice and potatoes.
Penny
I love apple and Pnt butter but I tend to overeat the Pntb.
My husband is overweight and needs to loose too.He also has diabeties2 so he needs to eat like I am now also!

I fixed chicken breast spilt down the middle and put in tomato pesto with mozzerella cheese and then took toothpicks and sealed them shut, sprinkled more cheese on top.Baked them on top of zuchinni with onions and a little mozzerella, thyme and garlic.Covered it with foil and baked for about 45min. We had fresh sliced tomatoes and deviled eggs with it.
I just was not hungry at all so he ended up eating mine. I did eat the eggs(3 halves) and couple slices of the tomato.

It is so unbelievabele to me that I have no appetite.Now I am usually hungry in the afternoon like around 2 or 3. But then after that I am not. I had about 4 cream cheese stuffed celery sticks and one stuffed with tbs pnt butter for lunch. That is all I've had.

I know I need to eat more but I almost gagged when I tried to eat the chicken because I just was not hungry!

Sorry your hubby didn't like your meal it sounded good to me!I have many many recipe to share if you want.What does he like to eat?
Have you seen Kayln's Kitchen on the internet? She has many SB recipes and always has the Phase that they are.You should look it up and see if you can find something he would like Maybe just dont tell him it is SB let him think you aren't doing it any longer? Don't tell a lie but you need to figure out something.

Last edited by Berta48; 07-18-2013 at 08:55 PM..
Old 07-19-2013, 04:39 AM   #253
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
TGIF!

Jeri - you look wonderful!!!

I am off work till next Wednesday!!! DH and I are going to Montreal - he has business there on Monday and we are leaving tomorrow and back on Monday night. I really won't be on plan much over the weekend, and I am ok with it - we don't do this that often. We have some friends up there and they are taking us to a real Italian restaurant (I'm Italian) on Saturday night, and then to their house Sunday night for dinner.....so I will do the best with what I can control - which of course will be breakfast, lunch and will be walking alot.

Have a great weekend ladies and hold down the fort!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Hi Jeri

-Penny
I applaud you for getting back up when you fall! Not everyone can do that. Be proud of yourself for fighting back. Just think.....after the cataract surgery that will fix one thing....you had no control over that but we do have control over what we eat.

It is hard, yet fulfilling to take care of Mom. I got a compliment on my weight last night and I felt fabulous! Just another thing to keep me going.
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
TGIF!

I am off work till next Wednesday!!! DH and I are going to Montreal - he has business there on Monday and we are leaving tomorrow and back on Monday night. I really won't be on plan much over the weekend, and I am ok with it - we don't do this that often. We have some friends up there and they are taking us to a real Italian restaurant (I'm Italian) on Saturday night, and then to their house Sunday night for dinner.....so I will do the best with what I can control - which of course will be breakfast, lunch and will be walking alot.

Thanks for the compliment. I am told I look young for my age, but my body is catching up with me. Next year is my 50th and I want to look great and feel great. SB is the healthy eating plan for me...
Old 07-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I was in the hospital all last summer with Dad. he was acting vulgar, combative and so angry.... He was my buddy! I have learned so much from this experience and one thing is to take care of yourself so you can take care of others. Depression really messes with your brain and we want to make ourselves instantaneously happy...usually with food. We are all trying to better our lives by eating healthier and feeling good about ourselves. WE CAN DO THIS! With support from all the SB ers....
Old 07-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jeri - Penny here

Today I'm feeling better about things. I did fine yesterday..one day down. I'm resolved to eat well TODAY! If I have to take it one day at a time, well, that's ok. Breakfast of 2 eggs, a little ham and a little cheese. Need to go to the market and get more fresh veggies. I like to cut up a squash or some green pepper in my eggs. Trying to get those veggies in anyway I can.

I am accountable to ME for the food that goes into my mouth!! But a little support from the beachers is an awesome thing!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Penny,
YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!! We are here for you. This is a great site to get support and ideas....
Jeri

Last edited by Jericrop; 07-19-2013 at 10:53 AM..
Old 07-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #259
Berta48

Well SB Buds..
I have almost made it for a full week... only 2 more days to go before my first official weigh in on Mon. after one full week with absolutely no cheats.Can you believe that?
My biggest trial will be Sunday as we always go out after church with friends for lunch.But If they are going somewhere I can't eat DH says we will just go somewhere by ourselves! Isn't that sweet?He's so supportive!My plans are steak and salad with green beans.So hopefully it won't be a Mexican place.However if it is I suppose I could order stir fryNot eat the tortillas,beans and rice Any opinions on that?

Quote:
I was in the hospital all last summer with Dad. he was acting vulgar, combative and so angry.... He was my buddy! I have learned so much from this experience and one thing is to take care of yourself so you can take care of others. Depression really messes with your brain and we want to make ourselves instantaneously happy...usually with food. We are all trying to better our lives by eating healthier and feeling good about ourselves. WE CAN DO THIS! With support from all the SB ers....
Jeri
YES we cn do this!!!!!

Quote:
Hi Jeri - Penny here

Today I'm feeling better about things. I did fine yesterday..one day down. I'm resolved to eat well TODAY! If I have to take it one day at a time, well, that's ok. Breakfast of 2 eggs, a little ham and a little cheese. Need to go to the market and get more fresh veggies. I like to cut up a squash or some green pepper in my eggs. Trying to get those veggies in anyway I can.

I am accountable to ME for the food that goes into my mouth!! But a little support from the beachers is an awesome thing!!!
Penny
I don't think I have told you but I have a step daughter named Penny!Just one more thing we have in common

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
TGIF!

Cindy
I hope you have a wonderful time. It sounds like you are going to have a real nice time!!!! Be safe and hurry back to us
Old 07-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Hi everybody - Penny here
This is the 2nd day of my rededicated diet. I put on my big-girl bloomers, got my book out, and decided THIS IS IT!! I'M DOING THIS!! After my ham and cheese omelet this morning, we went to a movie (no pop-corn) then went to a steak house for dinner. I got a 6 oz sirloin with steamed veggies and dinner salad with vinaigrette dressing (no croutons)! Looking at this menu, I can see that I'm not getting near enough veggies. I'll have to regroup for tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #261
Berta48

Quote:
Hi everybody - Penny here
This is the 2nd day of my rededicated diet. I put on my big-girl bloomers, got my book out, and decided THIS IS IT!! I'M DOING THIS!! After my ham and cheese omelet this morning, we went to a movie (no pop-corn) then went to a steak house for dinner. I got a 6 oz sirloin with steamed veggies and dinner salad with vinaigrette dressing (no croutons)! Looking at this menu, I can see that I'm not getting near enough veggies. I'll have to regroup for tomorrow.
Penny
So PROUD OF YOUThat movie popcorn would have killed me off for sure! WOW what an accomplishment that was!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #262
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: paulainks
Stats: 215/173.5/129
Start Date: June 11, 2013
Its nice hearing about the ups and downs. I've spent the last 2 days not sticking to SB. Eating a fast food burger/fries combined with no real groceries in the house added to a "whatever" eating mode.

I knew I should've gone to the store the last couple of days, just been putting it off. Getting ready to head to the store now and load up on some groceries and pull out cash for the farmer's market tomorrow. Woo Hoo, Friday night and I'm going to the grocery store. my how things change.
paulainks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Berta,
About Sunday.....Mexican would be so tough. Could you suggest a different place telling them you are trying to live a healthier lifestyle? Or you could NOT eat the free chips and salsa, and look at the salad options. Look up menus to get an idea of what they offer. Don't be afraid of ordering healthy in front of other people. I have noticed sometimes they get all defensive about what they are ordering (not healthy). It's not about the food anyway.....it is about socializing with others. When you walk out of that restaurant, you can feel so darned good about yourself. "Conquered another challenge!"

~Jeri
Old 07-20-2013, 05:51 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulainks View Post
Its nice hearing about the ups and downs. I've spent the last 2 days not sticking to SB. Eating a fast food burger/fries combined with no real groceries in the house added to a "whatever" eating mode.

I knew I should've gone to the store the last couple of days, just been putting it off. Getting ready to head to the store now and load up on some groceries and pull out cash for the farmer's market tomorrow. Woo Hoo, Friday night and I'm going to the grocery store. my how things change.

Penny~
It is hard getting vegi's with every meal. I know I have to up my game with that too. I had a "I don't care" eating night last night. Back on my way today again.
Have a great Saturday!
~Jeri
Old 07-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Hi all - Penny here
This is day 3 of my rededicated diet. Berta - It's phase 1 all over again for me now. I have to do something about the cravings. They're getting better, but they're not gone, dag nab it!! Not feeling too awfully chipper today. I wonder if you can get withdrawal symptoms?? Lying low today. I have church tomorrow, and the first rehearsal for a big concert hubby and I will be singing in. It's coming up in august, so we can't miss the practice.

Paula - We're going to the farmer's market today, too! Gotta work on those veggie servings.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #266
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: paulainks
Stats: 215/173.5/129
Start Date: June 11, 2013
Quote:
Hi all - Penny here
This is day 3 of my rededicated diet. Berta - It's phase 1 all over again for me now. I have to do something about the cravings... I wonder if you can get withdrawal symptoms??.
I think you can totally get withdrawal symptoms. I was struggling with getting 1200 calories in and now after 2 days of fast and loose, I'm hungry all day.

cleaned up at the farmer's market, zucchini the size of your arm, fresh tomatoes, snap beans, onions, chili's, went outside the box and got a little pumpkin. I have no idea what I'm going to do with that.
paulainks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #267
Berta48

AT LAST, AT LAST
I have been trying ALL DAY LONG to get in here and it kept saying I was entering the wrong password.Well I know I wasn't.Finally they emailed me and told me someone was tryng to get into my account.SO I told them YES it was me!! Anyway we got it straightened out at last!

Well one more day and it is weigh in for me.I am sorta excited yet nervous too! I have been perfect on plan and I can hardly believe it not one cheat

ROSE
Well I found it again finally.Turnips are in the SB Book under foods to avoid PH1 with (Root)beside it. So I am happy I didn't eat them. I knew I saw it somewhere but when I went to look again I couldn't find it.But I finally did!!

Quote:
Hi all - Penny here
This is day 3 of my rededicated diet. Berta - It's phase 1 all over again for me now. I have to do something about the cravings. They're getting better, but they're not gone, dag nab it!! Not feeling too awfully chipper today. I wonder if you can get withdrawal symptoms?? Lying low today. I have church tomorrow, and the first rehearsal for a big concert hubby and I will be singing in. It's coming up in august, so we can't miss the practice.

Paula - We're going to the farmer's market today, too! Gotta work on those veggie servings.
Penny
Sounds like you have great plan getting all those veggies.We had taco salad tonight DH ate the shells I just made a salad OH IT WAS SO GOOD
I couldn't eat all of it though. I am getting where I just can't eat much.I guess that is a good thing

My DH has a great voice,but me I can't even read music notes and singing is out of the question.Of course I sing when no one is around.I do sing at church but hopefully noone can hear me but the Lord

Quote:
Berta,
About Sunday.....Mexican would be so tough. Could you suggest a different place telling them you are trying to live a healthier lifestyle? Or you could NOT eat the free chips and salsa, and look at the salad options. Look up menus to get an idea of what they offer. Don't be afraid of ordering healthy in front of other people. I have noticed sometimes they get all defensive about what they are ordering (not healthy). It's not about the food anyway.....it is about socializing with others. When you walk out of that restaurant, you can feel so darned good about yourself. "Conquered another challenge!"

~Jeri
My plans are stir fry without the chips and dip and beans and rice.I CAN DO IT!! DH says if they are all going somewhere I can't ea,t we will go to Ruby Tuesdays and they have a great salad bar and lots of grilled items. He is so sweet!It doesn't bother me in the least what people think about what I order.They order what they want so will I

Last edited by Berta48; 07-20-2013 at 08:28 PM..
Old 07-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

This is day 4 of phase 1. So far so good! Had scrambled eggs with ham, v-8 and fat free milk for breakfast. Just got home from church. Berta - the scripture says "Make a joyful NOISE...It doesn't matter how you sound. Basically, it's the thought that counts!! Hubby has never been in a choir before, never read music, never even thought he could sing. Now, it's one of his greatest joys.

How did the Sunday lunch work out for you? Stir-fry sounds delish! It is getting easier for me all the time. Can't say I'm not tempted, cause I am. It's just easier to turn away from temptation. Once the cravings are gone, I'm really going to be in good shape.

Well, happy Sunday, everyone. Talk soon.
Penny
Old 07-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #269
Berta48

HI Penny
Well I am so glad it is getting easier for you.It is for me too

Well here is how the Lord looks after us when we pray!
There was ten of us and they wanted to go to Mexican/(I knew they would)as we go to differentones and this is the one we had not been to for awhile.When we go there it was full up.(no room in the inn LOL)
we waited but they got tired of waitng so we went to the newer Mexican one,Guess what? We couldn't get in there either I wanted to SHOUT HALLELUJAHSOOOO we went to Ruby Tuesdays.

I ordered a petite grilled steak with grilled green beans and sautee'd zuchinni and salad bar. I used light dressing and had lettuce ,spinach, green peppers, tomatoes,cucumbers and black olives, a tad of cheese (cause I figured it wasn't RF) a few sunflower seed(don't know for certain if they were ok but there wasn't many) and the Light dressing.

Then they stuck those garlic cheese biscuits right in front of me. SOOOO I pushed them back and put the little sign that sits on the table in front of them and I overcame!!!! I am so proud of myself!

Tomorrow is my first official weigh in so I am anxious to see.I am hoping for at least 4lbs off
When is your first weigh in?
WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS

Last edited by Berta48; 07-21-2013 at 12:45 PM..
Old 07-22-2013, 05:47 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
HI Penny
Well I am so glad it is getting easier for you.It is for me too

Well here is how the Lord looks after us when we pray!
There was ten of us and they wanted to go to Mexican/(I knew they would)as we go to differentones and this is the one we had not been to for awhile.When we go there it was full up.(no room in the inn LOL)
we waited but they got tired of waitng so we went to the newer Mexican one,Guess what? We couldn't get in there either I wanted to SHOUT HALLELUJAHSOOOO we went to Ruby Tuesdays.

I ordered a petite grilled steak with grilled green beans and sautee'd zuchinni and salad bar. I used light dressing and had lettuce ,spinach, green peppers, tomatoes,cucumbers and black olives, a tad of cheese (cause I figured it wasn't RF) a few sunflower seed(don't know for certain if they were ok but there wasn't many) and the Light dressing.

Then they stuck those garlic cheese biscuits right in front of me. SOOOO I pushed them back and put the little sign that sits on the table in front of them and I overcame!!!! I am so proud of myself!

Tomorrow is my first official weigh in so I am anxious to see.I am hoping for at least 4lbs off
When is your first weigh in?
WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS
YES! Way to go Berta!! It feels so good when you are in control. Not always easy.

Keep going...We can all do this..