Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post

I posted it above must have been at the same time you were posting!!
Yeah, we're both posting at the same time.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #212

Quote:
That was how I felt tonight at supper I wasn't hungry so honestly I just ate the hamburger and put the celery and cucumbers back in the fridge. I can't see eating if I am not hungry.

I was looking through the SB cookbook tonight and there was a recipe said PH1but had apple in it. I thought they sure goofed on that one
Really! What's the recipe?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #213
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
I did the double post, not you.

As long as your blood sugar doesn't drop and you aren't feeling hungry, don't worry about forcing snacks. Not enough veggies, cut back on the meat at supper and add some vegetables.
Quote:
Really! What's the recipe?
I had to go look it up again. It is in South Beach Quick and Easy Cookbook page 131.

Red leaf,Avacado,and Apple Salad. And it has Phase one beside it??

Also in my Dana Carpender Low Carb Cookbook she uses butter?I know not to though.

Last edited by Berta48; 07-15-2013 at 08:36 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #214

Quote:
I had to go look it up again. It is in South Beach Quick and Easy Cookbook page 131.

Red leaf,Avacado,and Apple Salad. And it has Phase one beside it??

Also in my Dana Carpender Low Carb Cookbook she uses butter?I know not to though.
Dana Carpender is an Atkins person so, yeah, she uses lots of butter and heavy cream. Her recipes are easy to adjust, though. Kayln's Kitchen is a website with lots and lots of SB friendly recipes.

Last edited by rose1; 07-15-2013 at 08:46 PM..
Old 07-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #215
Berta48

Quote:
Dana Carpender is an Atkins person so, yeah, she uses lots of butter and heavy cream. Her recipes are easy to adjust, though. Kayln's Kitchen is a website with lots and lots of SB friendly recipes.
I LOVE Kayln's Kitchen!!!!

The salad I posted with the apple..... I looked again it has only 1/2 of a granny smith apple but I won't try it till Ph2 anyway!
Well I made it through my 1st day.

I bought a big container of ff plain greek yougrt today thought I would add some vanilla to it.I was going to purchase the one with vanilla flavor but remembered the book said plain so I was a good girl .And my neighbor isn't getting my food this time.Do remember that time

Last edited by Berta48; 07-15-2013 at 08:59 PM..
Old 07-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #216
Berta48

I just found this on FB.Not sure if they would be PH2-3 SB friendly or not with the honey???However I have artificial made honey that tastes just like the real thing!

*~*~*No Bake Energy Bites*~*~*PH2 - 3

So healthy!! And SO easy! And SO yummy!

1 cup (dry) oatmeal
1/2 cup chocolate chips (use dark chocoklate)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup honey (could probably use SF maple syrup!)
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix ingredients together in a large bowl. Roll into bite size balls. Refrigerate to set. Enjoy!!

Last edited by Berta48; 07-15-2013 at 09:57 PM..
Old 07-16-2013, 04:36 AM   #217
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!

Jeri - I love that pizza recipe! Thank you!!!!

We are in NE Wisconsin and suffering from this horrendous heat as well. I have gotten in the habit of keeping cut up lemons and limes in the fridge and having a big glass of ice water with lemon or lime when I come home from work. Also, club soda with the same feels like a treat! I drank that at the wedding and didn't feel left out!

Berta - I use that Smucker's PB. A trick I learned was open it up, stir it well, close it tightly, and flip upside down in your fridge. It doesn't settle and stays mixed. I have gotten used to it and now "real" pb like Jif tastes good, but I prefer the natural stuff.

Having my portabello mushroom pizza mix for lunch today!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #218
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
Just checking in and saying hi
Surgery next monday, and then really focusing and getting back on track during my recovery and out of work for a month
Hope all you beachers are doing well!
Hope all goes well! Check in with us when you can...

Hey gang, I am off to IL for a couple of days on business. Not sure when I will check in because as soon as I get home, my brother and his family will be arriving for a long weekend visit.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #219
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cathy25306
Followed South Beach for years and maintained a good weight loss. Mainly because I'm grew up in Miami and liked the name. Anyway 3 weeks ago yesterday my husband of 38 years passed away suddenly. First week couldn't eat at all. Second week drank a lot of wine ate Fritos and cake, third week began to notice a pattern, so am back on the beach. Had a gain of 4 pounds which all in all was not to bad. So I figure if I check in here it puts my focus back on proper eating. Rose- are you a widow also?
Cathy25306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #220
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post

Jeri - I love that pizza recipe! Thank you!!!!

We are in NE Wisconsin and suffering from this horrendous heat as well. I have gotten in the habit of keeping cut up lemons and limes in the fridge and having a big glass of ice water with lemon or lime when I come home from work. Also, club soda with the same feels like a treat! I drank that at the wedding and didn't feel left out!

Berta - I use that Smucker's PB. A trick I learned was open it up, stir it well, close it tightly, and flip upside down in your fridge. It doesn't settle and stays mixed. I have gotten used to it and now "real" pb like Jif tastes good, but I prefer the natural stuff.

Having my portabello mushroom pizza mix for lunch today!
I did stir it up but I didn't know it had to go into the friidge I didn't read that anywhere on the jar?I guess I better go do that.Thanks for telling me. I like it it just is not as sweet.But that is somethng I have to learn to change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy25306 View Post
Followed South Beach for years and maintained a good weight loss. Mainly because I grew up in Miami and liked the name. Anyway 3 weeks ago yesterday my husband of 38 years passed away suddenly. First week couldn't eat at all. Second week drank a lot of wine ate Fritos and cake, third week began to notice a pattern, so am back on the beach. Had a gain of 4 pounds which all in all was not to bad. So I figure if I check in here it puts my focus back on proper eating. Rose- are you a widow also?
So sorry to hear this. Welcome back to the BEACH I just returned myself this is my 2nd day backThese girls are a BIG help !

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Hope all goes well! Check in with us when you can...

Hey gang, I am off to IL for a couple of days on business. Not sure when I will check in because as soon as I get home, my brother and his family will be arriving for a long weekend visit.
Be safe, hurry home and check in when you can!!!

Last edited by Berta48; 07-16-2013 at 11:07 AM..
Old 07-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #221

Quote:
Followed South Beach for years and maintained a good weight loss. Mainly because I'm grew up in Miami and liked the name. Anyway 3 weeks ago yesterday my husband of 38 years passed away suddenly. First week couldn't eat at all. Second week drank a lot of wine ate Fritos and cake, third week began to notice a pattern, so am back on the beach. Had a gain of 4 pounds which all in all was not to bad. So I figure if I check in here it puts my focus back on proper eating. Rose- are you a widow also?
I'm so sorry, my heart hurts for you.

Yes, my husband died suddenly, too. He was in the hospital for three weeks and while he was there, I cooked meals for us and took them to the hospital every day. I don't think you can get well on hospital food. He came home for two weeks, then suddenly leaned back in his chair and quit breathing. What kept me on track during those weeks was the knowledge that I needed to keep my stength and energy and not fall apart; if I took care of me, I could take care of him. Later, when I was tempted, I would say to myself, this isn't going to make it better, this isn't going to bring him back. One thing I could contrlol was food. It sounds like you are there. Focusing on proper eating gives you control of something at least.

I did well for a year and then I quit eating. Nothing sounded good, no interest in food or cooking. With some gentle prodding, (thanks, Wiz ) I started forcing myself to eat. Pop in to talk whenever you need to.

I grew up spending half the year in Miami. It really has changed.

~*~*~Proud Knitter For~*~*~
The Ships Project- Supporting America's Troops
Deployed in the War on Terror-
One stitch at a time!
http://www.theshipsproject.com
]
Old 07-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #222

Quote:
I just found this on FB.Not sure if they would be PH2-3 SB friendly or not with the honey???However I have artificial made honey that tastes just like the real thing!

*~*~*No Bake Energy Bites*~*~*PH2 - 3

So healthy!! And SO easy! And SO yummy!

1 cup (dry) oatmeal
1/2 cup chocolate chips (use dark chocoklate)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup honey (could probably use SF maple syrup!)
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix ingredients together in a large bowl. Roll into bite size balls. Refrigerate to set. Enjoy!!
The chocolate chips wouldn't work very well, either. I wouldn't use the phoney honey, it's sweetened with maltitol. You might try unsweetened carob chips, or you could chop up a square of baking chocolate. Try some davincis Sf syrup instead of fake honey. Seriously, I wouldn't make these at all, but focus on losing the need for something sweet all the time. (Remember about just a sweet taste setting up insulin respnse.)
Old 07-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #223
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cathy25306
Hi Rose - My husband was a volunteer firefighter, he died at a fire scene. I talked to him at 2:30 he was fine, he suffered cardiac arrest less than an hour later. I never got to talk to him again. I am trying to focus on staying healthy. 2 days with success.
Cathy25306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #224
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: paulainks
Stats: 215/173.5/129
Start Date: June 11, 2013
Quote:
I am trying to focus on staying healthy. 2 days with success.
Amazing, special thoughts and blessings sent your way.
paulainks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #225
Queen Bargain Shopper

Quote:
Hi Rose - My husband was a volunteer firefighter, he died at a fire scene. I talked to him at 2:30 he was fine, he suffered cardiac arrest less than an hour later. I never got to talk to him again. I am trying to focus on staying healthy. 2 days with success.
Cathy - thoughts and prayers for you during this time of healing. Your husband was a special man doing what he did. Please come in here for not only help with staying healthy, but for camaraderie and friendship!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #226
Berta48

Quote:
The chocolate chips wouldn't work very well, either. I wouldn't use the phoney honey, it's sweetened with maltitol. You might try unsweetened carob chips, or you could chop up a square of baking chocolate. Try some davincis Sf syrup instead of fake honey. Seriously, I wouldn't make these at all, but focus on losing the need for something sweet all the time. (Remember about just a sweet taste setting up insulin respnse.)
I am not as much of a health nut as you Rose. I can see the baking chips and Dark Chocolate 70% Cocoa is good for your heart ,but not alot of it 1 oz at a time.

I don't need something sweet I LIKE something sweet.
All things in moderation. I just never used moderation.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #227

Quote:
I am not as much of a health nut as you Rose. I can see the baking chips and Dark Chocolate 70% Cocoa is good for your heart ,but not alot of it 1 oz at a time.

I don't need something sweet I LIKE something sweet.
All things in moderation. I just never used moderation.
The game changes when you are trying to not have to go on insulin. That's all.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:40 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Cathy,
So very sorry for your loss...
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:01 AM   #229
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Quote:
Cathy, my heart goes out to you. Welcome to our group, we are happy to be here for you.

Rose, that's what (virtual) friends are for!!

Just went running out here in IL, the sun wasn't even up yet and it is really hot out. Ugh...

Off to work, later gang.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:18 AM   #230
Queen Bargain Shopper

Sweltering here - and another day of it.
You don't even want to be outside as the humidity takes your breath away.

Dinner plans changed multiple times last night as DH was going on a motorcycle ride, then didn't as it stormed a bit....ended up going to a little local place and had a salad and a veggie omelette!

Off to work out, then to work!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spod
Stats: 240/189/160
Start Date: February 13 2013
Hi all,
Well, I'm back from vacation. Some days I ate decently and others, I ate a lot. Like one night my fam went out and got 3lb lobsters, haha! So I have some work to do to get back on track. My plan is to go back on phase I for 2 weeks and then i'll weigh myself to face the ugly truth. Hopefully I will have made up for my gluttony by then. I got some really nice feedback from family who doesn't see me weekly, so that was nice. It's like all of a sudden people can tell I lost 50 pounds. Really nice and gratifying. Today is day 3 of being back on induction. Yesterday was rough and I was hungry. But so far today, all is well. Luckily the intense heat is curbing my appetite!

Cathy, I'm so very sorry for your loss. As you restart back on the beach, let me know if you're looking for any special recipes. I've seen the group post some great ones and am happy to share.

Starting Weight: 240
Goal #1: 213 - met 3/26
Goal #2: 200 - met 5/4
Half way there - rejoined onederland 6/3!
Goal #3: 190 - met 7/2
Goal #4: 180
Goal #5: 170
Goal #6: 160
Spod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Having a gathering tomorrow night and I am preparing some SB friendly appetizers. One recipe is:

Lindsey’s Spinach Dip Recipe
Ingredients needed:

1 10 oz container of frozen chopped spinach – defrost and squeeze out all the juice

1-2 5 oz cans of sliced water chestnuts – dice into small pieces

1 8 oz container of 1% or FF cottage cheese – blend with a handheld blender or in a traditional blender until smooth and creamy

1 packet ranch dressing
After completing the above tasks, mix well, eat, and enjoy! No baking or cooking needed.

(I didn't use ranch dressing, but I used my own seasonings- dried, minced onion, green onion, dill and garlic powder)

Serving with sliced green peppers.

Another idea, I bought discounted green and red peppers and sliced them. Put in freezer for fajitas later. Convenient.

Last idea for now....I sauteed some peppers and onions, mixed up 1 egg + egg white(to cut back on calories) added a little rosemary and black pepper. Cooked it up and put salsa on top and enjoyed a fabulous breakfast!! Have a great day all!!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #233
Berta48

Morning SB Friends
It is very hot here also it is 10:00 a.m and 83F.So it is hard to say how it will be this afternoon.

Rose
You will be happy to hear that this morning I am drinking Herbal Tea Decaffinated instead of my normal coffee with 5tbs of splenda and caramel vanilla creamer. I switched because I saw that the creamer has corn syrup in it.

I am trying to learn to cut down on the sweets.You are right I HAVE to do it

Does anyone else have trouble eating? I have not been a bit hungry and feel like I am eating and don't need to be The most I ate yesterday was raw cauliflower and zuchinni dipped n buttermilk ranch dressing. Now that was really good. For supper I baked a chicken breast with tomato pesto sauce and mozzerella cheese on top and ate a big tomato, it tasted really good. But I wasn't hungry when I ate them.

I am planning on making chili for our supper this evening as we have bible study on Wed. night and I don't feel like cooking after we get home.We both like chili especially Wendys Chili

I honestly feel I could eat only twice a day and a snack at night and be satisfied.
Well I really haven't alot to talk about but I am also trying to stay off the scale everyday.That is a hard one for me too since I am use to weighing everyday. I am excited for Monday to get here so I can see how much I have lost

Last edited by Berta48; 07-17-2013 at 08:29 AM..
Old 07-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning SB Friends
It is very hot here also it is 10:00 a.m and 83F.So it is hard to say how it will be this afternoon.

Does anyone else have trouble eating? I have not been a bit hungry and feel like I am eating and don't need to be The most I ate yesterday was raw cauliflower and zuchinni dipped n buttermilk ranch dressing. Now that was really good. For supper I baked a chicken breast with tomato pesto sauce and mozzerella cheese on top and ate a big tomato, it tasted really good. But I wasn't hungry when I ate them.

I am planning on making chili for our supper this evening as we have bible study on Wed. night and I don't feel like cooking after we get home.We both like chili especially Wendys Chili

I honestly feel I could eat only twice a day and a snack at night and be satisfied.
Well I really haven't alot to talk about but I am also trying to stay off the scale everyday.That is a hard one for me too since I am use to weighing everyday. I am excited for Monday to get here so I can see how much I have lost
I too am just sick of eating...maybe I am not sick of eating but I am not used to NOT craving anything. My stomach growls so I know I am hungry, but as for wanting to eat the refrigerator out....not feeling it. That is a good sign. We really only need to eat to survive"Don't think of it as not being hungry....think of it as I have conquered my cravings." Just a thought..

Last edited by Jericrop; 07-17-2013 at 08:58 AM..
Old 07-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #235
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
I too am just sick of eating...maybe I am not sick of eating but I am not used to NOT craving anything. My stomach growls so I know I am hungry, but as for wanting to eat the refrigerator out....not feeling it. That is a good sign. We really only need " Just a thought..
Yes, it is a good thing.But I feel since the book says to eat three meals and two snacks like I am cheating or something
Then only time I ever eat a snack is usulaly in the evening,I had a SF popcicile last night.It tasted really good and refreshing too!

Beats the chips and dip(not really) but better for me
Old 07-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
Start Date: 1/2005
Cathy and rose, you had the love of a lifetime! twice divorced one can only hope and pray that we find that someone that loves and respects us back so much someday. To have that someone taken from us prematurely....I can't imagine your devastion. Marriage ending by divorce is hard. Your circumstances so much harder. I wont pretend to understand your struggles and pain. But we are here for you
I know Ive been vague but hysterectomy on Monday. Im not that old (just turned 44). Long story but short version this came on fast and furious. But it can always be worse and Im focusing on the positives.
I really am kinda looking foward to the month break to focus on myself and get back on track. Life keeps throwing curves balls and its been way too long. I'm ready to recover from....alot
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #237
Queen Bargain Shopper

Buckhuntress - I had a hysterectomy a few years ago........thoughts are with you!!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gmomof7
Buckhuntress-I had my hysterectomy when I was 34 and my son was 4 yrs old. My niece has cancer and just had her hysterectomy a couple months ago and she is only 30. Age really doesn't matter. I'm glad you're doctor is taking care of the problem and you'll be good as new soon.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #239
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
Cathy and rose, you had the love of a lifetime! twice divorced one can only hope and pray that we find that someone that loves and respects us back so much someday. To have that someone taken from us prematurely....I can't imagine your devastion. Marriage ending by divorce is hard. Your circumstances so much harder. I wont pretend to understand your struggles and pain. But we are here for you
I know Ive been vague but hysterectomy on Monday. Im not that old (just turned 44). Long story but short version this came on fast and furious. But it can always be worse and Im focusing on the positives.
I really am kinda looking foward to the month break to focus on myself and get back on track. Life keeps throwing curves balls and its been way too long. I'm ready to recover from....alot
Praying all goes well I was 30 when I had to have mine.I am 65. I can say I do not miss those monthlys not one little but
Old 07-18-2013, 05:22 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!! Sharing some Happy thoughts this morning.....been at a 10lb loss for a week or more and just want to get past that mark and see the scale moving down. This morning I am down another pound. Whooo Hoo

Honestly, having this site to talk with others about SB has helped me soooo much. I look forward to checking out the site everyday and seeing what others have to say. This is a personal journey.

Last August my Dad passed away from dementia. It was devastating to me. I am the second youngest of 5 kids and I was the one given all of the responsibilities and decisions. I was the closest to my parents. I gained a lot of weight over the past year, trying to make myself happy. Eating everything and drinking beer. Now I am taking care of Mom, although she lives on her own. I am on depression meds, I am peri-menopausal, 49 years, healthy (no meds for cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.) I am NOT giving up!

Been married 29 years to my high school sweetheart, mother of two grown children, grandmother to a 7 year old and a 5 year old.....I need to be healthy for all I have.

Great to have your support and a platform to talk about SB!!!

Happy Thursday all....stay cool...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jeri and alan 30 reunion.JPG (85.7 KB, 3 views)