Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #151
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 16th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
FF, SF pudding is in phase 2.
Thank you Rose
I read that tonight! I do have one more question(sorry....I said I wouldn't need to ask any)

But on PH1 they have wraps and one is deli turkey meat what brand of deli turkey meat Or what do I look for besides no MSG and tons of sugar?
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post

Thank you Rose
I read that tonight! I do have one more question(sorry....I said I wouldn't need to ask any)

But on PH1 they have wraps and one is deli turkey meat what brand of deli turkey meat Or what do I look for besides no MSG and tons of sugar?
It's fine to ask. I think Sara Lee makes a clean deli turkey product. If you can't see the label, just ask the guy at the counter.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:53 AM   #153
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Berta, Butterball makes a low sodium turkey breast that does not have any sugar, MSG, etc. in it. And it is 40% less sodium!

Nothing new to report here...no real movement on the scale. Hoping for some good news tomorrow for my weekly "official" weigh-in.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #154
Berta48

Quote:
It's fine to ask. I think Sara Lee makes a clean deli turkey product. If you can't see the label, just ask the guy at the counter.
Thanks I like to eat wraps. And I have gotten so I really enjoy raw veggies with Buttermilk Dressing and it only has 3gms sugar for the 2 tbs.I have learned to enjoy olive oil and vinegar with Italian seasoning and garlic in it too for my salads. Can you believe it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Berta, Butterball makes a low sodium turkey breast that does not have any sugar, MSG, etc. in it. And it is 40% less sodium!

Nothing new to report here...no real movement on the scale. Hoping for some good news tomorrow for my weekly "official" weigh-in.
Thanks Wiz
I will be shopping for some, so now I can look at both brands. I think I recall seeing some brand that said all natural ingredients?But I probably should check out what they call natural ingredients

I really feel as if I will be able to stick with this, this time
Hope you ave a great reading of the scale!
I plan to weigh every Monday! No more EVERY DAY stuff
What happened to Michelle?

With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.
Roberta

Started Low Carb April10th 2014

Last edited by Berta48; 07-11-2013 at 08:31 AM..
Old 07-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #155
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Berta, Michele stops by every once in a while. Very sadly, her son was diagnosed with cancer. It has been a nightmare for their entire family, of course. As always, our thoughts and prayers go out to Michele and her son.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:15 AM   #156
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
TGIF!

I didn't know that about Michele since I hadn't been stopping by recently. Definitely, thoughts and prayers to her and her family.

I didn't weigh myself and should have, but will be one week Sunday - BY THE BOOK. I have a wedding this weekend so of course don't have much choice food wise, but I know I ordered chicken! No alcohol either!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:28 AM   #157
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wiz is not a happy camper

After a very good week of eating, I was only down a little less than 1 lb. I expected better. I feel like I am carrying a lot of water weight. I need to find out what the culprit it...

By the way, last night's dinner was very easy and tasty.

I marinated pork tenderloins (the small ones, not the whole loin) in 1/2 cup EVOO, 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 1 TB Dijon mustard, lots of fresh ground pepper, and handful of shredded fresh basil from my garden. (Don't cut fresh basil with a knife, it turns black. Always shred it by hand.) And better yet, my husband grilled them

I also made home-made coleslaw to go with it - 1 bag already shredded cabbage, with the dressing: 1/3 cup white vinegar, 1/3 cup lite mayo, lots of fresh ground pepper, a pinch of salt, and ~ 2TB chopped fresh chives from the garden.

Berta, you are exactly right - what some of these people call "all natural" can be pretty scary!! Gotta read those labels.

Paula, I do like certain kinds of poultry sausage. Al Fresco makes a nice chicken breakfast sausage, low in fat, sodium and carbs. They also make an Italian chicken sausage that I really like. I use it chopped up in my stuffed peppers.

Busy work day, gotta run!! Hope you all have a great weekend!!

2014 Running Miles: 125
2014 Walking Miles: 105
2014 Biking Miles: 286
Old 07-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
Start Date: June 2013
I did it.....I finally got on the scale and I am still at 10lb loss! Now I got to get working....want to surpass this.....Excited and ready to look good!!
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
I did it.....I finally got on the scale and I am still at 10lb loss! Now I got to get working....want to surpass this.....Excited and ready to look good!!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #160
Berta48

Morning Beach Buds

Tonight is our fellowship night and our turn to host. I am fixing ribs,( I cut ALL the fat off and wrapped them in foil and baking them in the oven) fresh greeen beans and fresh sliced tomato. One lady is bringing cole slaw & for desert I have watermelon, cantaloupe honeydew & strawberries.

Have to get those things out of the house before Monday! But as you can tell even at that, my menu has changed since last time. For last time it would have been something like this ..... fried chicken,potato salad, baked beans & hot rolls woth pie or cake & ice cream for dessert I do have corn on the cobb as it is once a year deal and it needs to be used. But I MAY try to pass on it. we will see

I have been reading and re reading the SB book it says 2 one cup serv of veg. lunch and dinner and 1/2 c at breakfast. I am wondering I HONESTLY don't think I can eat 2 full cups of veg. at both meals along with the meat.And I have to have my meat.Remember I am definetely carnivorous(Sorry Rose) I could get like 1/2 cup along with maybe a cup of lettuce? And as for breakfast I can drink V8 really like that stuff! And it is listed.

Anyway I just wanted to say hello, for today as I probably won't be back before Monday due to the week-end.So I hope you ALL have a wonderful week end.See you on MONDAY MY FIRST DAY... BACK ON THE BEACH

I too am VERY,VERY sorry to hear about Michelles son. I will be praying for the entire family That is a very trying thing to go through. I pray God will intervene and they can help him with treatments

Last edited by Berta48; 07-12-2013 at 09:43 AM..
Old 07-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #161
Berta48

OK has anyone else purchased the SB good carb, good fat book ? I did and was hoping it would get here today but alas, maybe Monday. I am trying to find where turnips fit into the SB plan? Or do they?
Old 07-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #162

Quote:
OK has anyone else purchased the SB good carb, good fat book ? I did and was hoping it would get here today but alas, maybe Monday. I am trying to find where turnips fit into the SB plan? Or do they?
Turnips are fine. Have you ever roasted turnips?
Old 07-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #163
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: paulainks
Stats: 215/173.5/129
Start Date: June 11, 2013
Quote:
Have you ever roasted turnips?
Nope, never roasted turnips. recently roasted broccoli & cauliflower. I don't think I've ever really had turnips.
paulainks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #164
Berta48

Quote:
Turnips are fine. Have you ever roasted turnips?
No I haven't ever roasted them but I reallly like them just boiled with some margarine and salt on them. Are they PH1 friendly?

I have ordered the SB Good Carbs, Good Fats from Amazon so it should be here next week sometime and I think it has a complete list of all the foods?
Old 07-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Love Roasted Turnips

Quote:
No I haven't ever roasted them but I reallly like them just boiled with some margarine and salt on them. Are they PH1 friendly?

I have ordered the SB Good Carbs, Good Fats from Amazon so it should be here next week sometime and I think it has a complete list of all the foods?
I roast everything. Turnips. I don't peel, just cut off the ends. I used a mandolin cutter to make chips. They cook fast, so watch them. Slice them, put in bowl with EVOO, some garlic salt and roast away on a cookie sheet~one layer. I have done this with sweet potatoes too (phase ll).

Another thing I love to roast is squash. Butternut ( Peel, clean out seeds, slice like fries) Put in bowl with EVOO, Garlic salt and rosemary. I also do acorn squash, no peeling, slice (clean out seed) do the same thing. Single layer. I am a fan or rosemary but you could use any seasoning you prefer.

Another yummy thing to eat is sliced peppers and onions as a side dish. Or make chicken fajitas. Or stuffed peppers with quinoa (phase ll)
I make a really good cream of mushroom soup that is phase l friendly.

A good summer salad is slice cucumbers (seedless or take out seeds), cherry tomatoes (cut in half), thinly sliced onion with an apple cider/splenda dressing. Mix, refrigerate for a couple of hours and it is fabulous.

Roasted chickpeas til crunchy are a great go to snack. (thinking this is a phase ll ~ starchy vegi)

Sorry, I tend to go on, but there are soooo many good possibilities to healthy eating....not just salads. Happy Eating!!
Old 07-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #166
Berta48

Quote:
I roast everything. Turnips. I don't peel, just cut off the ends. I used a mandolin cutter to make chips. They cook fast, so watch them. Slice them, put in bowl with EVOO, some garlic salt and roast away on a cookie sheet~one layer. I have done this with sweet potatoes too (phase ll).

Another thing I love to roast is squash. Butternut ( Peel, clean out seeds, slice like fries) Put in bowl with EVOO, Garlic salt and rosemary. I also do acorn squash, no peeling, slice (clean out seed) do the same thing. Single layer. I am a fan or rosemary but you could use any seasoning you prefer.

Another yummy thing to eat is sliced peppers and onions as a side dish. Or make chicken fajitas. Or stuffed peppers with quinoa (phase ll)
I make a really good cream of mushroom soup that is phase l friendly.

A good summer salad is slice cucumbers (seedless or take out seeds), cherry tomatoes (cut in half), thinly sliced onion with an apple cider/splenda dressing. Mix, refrigerate for a couple of hours and it is fabulous.

Roasted chickpeas til crunchy are a great go to snack. (thinking this is a phase ll ~ starchy vegi)

Sorry, I tend to go on, but there are soooo many good possibilities to healthy eating....not just salads. Happy Eating!!

I would really like the cream of mushroom soup recipe PLEASE
I need to buy a good mandolin!! I thinks PH2 sweet potato chips might be very good! I could spritz them with EVOO, a bit of salt and bake them

I love fried cucumbers, mushrooms too, but rolled in flour so unless I use while whole wheat flour (PH2)they would be off limits
Old 07-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Cream of Mushroom Soup

Quote:

I need to buy a good mandolin!! I thinks PH2 sweet potato chips might be very good! I could spritz them with EVOO, a bit of salt and bake them

I love fried cucumbers, mushrooms too, but rolled in flour so unless I use while whole wheat flour (PH2)they would be off limits
Cream of Mushroom Soup

2 tsp EVOO
2 onions, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 lb Portabello mushrooms, sliced
1 lb white mushrooms, sliced
1 (48 oz) chicken broth
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 C Fat Free half and half
1 tsp dried sage
1 tsp dried thyme

In large pot add oil. Heat. Add onion, celery, and carrot; cook, stirring occasionally until onion is softened. Add mushrooms, cook 10 min. Stir in broth, salt and pepper, bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegis are tender, about 30 min. Puree soup in batches in food processor or blender. Return soup to pot; stir in half and half, sage and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, over med. heat until heated through. (about 10 min)
I like to keep out some of the mushrooms and saute them in chicken broth to make a chunkier soup...

Enjoy. I love this recipe. The seasoning makes it!
Old 07-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Checking out your site....going to a high school reunion this week and when I return I need to get eating better....more consistently! (Hi Berta, my Sista!)
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Oh, and I got my mandolin at a thrift store, new for $3. Look there.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #170
Berta48

Quote:
Cream of Mushroom Soup

2 tsp EVOO
2 onions, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 lb Portabello mushrooms, sliced
1 lb white mushrooms, sliced
1 (48 oz) chicken broth
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 C Fat Free half and half
1 tsp dried sage
1 tsp dried thyme

In large pot add oil. Heat. Add onion, celery, and carrot; cook, stirring occasionally until onion is softened. Add mushrooms, cook 10 min. Stir in broth, salt and pepper, bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until vegis are tender, about 30 min. Puree soup in batches in food processor or blender. Return soup to pot; stir in half and half, sage and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, over med. heat until heated through. (about 10 min)
I like to keep out some of the mushrooms and saute them in chicken broth to make a chunkier soup...

Enjoy. I love this recipe. The seasoning makes it!
THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!
You are very welcome...'Oh' I roasted green beans tonight for a snack...sooooo good!
Old 07-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #172
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Berta, I thought of you last night...as I ate my first (and probably only ) ear of Jersey white corn last night. It was SO darn good.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #173
Queen Bargain Shopper

Jeri - thanks for the great ideas!
Even though I have been at this awhile but had a hiatus - you forget about stuff or need great new ideas!!!!

Well ladies; I did it - I went to that wedding/reception and didn't over indulge - and no alcohol either! I danced alot, so am still on the straight and narrow!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
Even though I have been at this awhile but had a hiatus - you forget about stuff or need great new ideas!!!!

Well ladies; I did it - I went to that wedding/reception and didn't over indulge - and no alcohol either! I danced alot, so am still on the straight and narrow!
Old 07-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #175
Berta48

Quote:
You are very welcome...'Oh' I roasted green beans tonight for a snack...sooooo good!
You knew I was gonna ask didn't you?How do you roast greenbeans and how do you season them? They are fresh now and soooo good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Berta, I thought of you last night...as I ate my first (and probably only ) ear of Jersey white corn last night. It was SO darn good.
Awww it is good isn't? Once a year I'm eating it.But have to be done now I have gained since Friday but tomorrow is THE DAY!!!
I will weigh in the morning and go from there
Quote:

YOU ARE MORE THAN A CONQUEROR
Actually I kinda started today.We went out and instead of ordering my huge breaded tenderloin I order grilled chickn Marsal with mushrooms and tomatoes it was delicious! The salad was oil and vinegar. How ever I did eat french fries and three of my Dh jalepeno poopers with cream cheese
Old 07-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Roasted Fresh Green Beans

1 lb fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
little EVOO
Garlic Salt

I roasted them on 400 til I liked the texture. If they get a little brown, they are done.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Dancing can burn a ton of calories. Good job for not drinking. That can be hard at a fun event...
So true about a refresher with some old ideas to get you going. I love to cook and modify recipes to suit my needs...
Old 07-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

I have these in the oven right now...never tried them before but going to enjoy a nice treat later...

Black Bean Brownies

1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed well
3 large eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder
3/4 cup sugar or splenda
1 tbsp coffee dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, optional

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend all ingredients (besides for walnuts and chocolate chips) in a food processor or blender until completely smooth. Mix in chocolate chips, if desired. Pour into a greased 8×8 baking dish and sprinkle with walnuts. Bake for 25 minutes.

Once cooled, cut brownies into squares. Because these brownies are made of beans, they mold very quickly. Therefore, eat immediately or refrigerate/freeze individual portions.

TIP: If you like your brownies less dense, and more cake-like, add 1 tsp baking powder.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have these in the oven right now...never tried them before but going to enjoy a nice treat later...

Black Bean Brownies

1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed well
3 large eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder
3/4 cup sugar or splenda
1 tbsp coffee dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, optional

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend all ingredients (besides for walnuts and chocolate chips) in a food processor or blender until completely smooth. Mix in chocolate chips, if desired. Pour into a greased 8×8 baking dish and sprinkle with walnuts. Bake for 25 minutes.

Once cooled, cut brownies into squares. Because these brownies are made of beans, they mold very quickly. Therefore, eat immediately or refrigerate/freeze individual portions.

TIP: If you like your brownies less dense, and more cake-like, add 1 tsp baking powder.
They were ok...not to die for. I can live without sweets. The consistency was different. Just not real sweet. I put a little SF whip topping on and that made it ok.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #180
Queen Bargain Shopper

Quote:
Dancing can burn a ton of calories. Good job for not drinking. That can be hard at a fun event...
So true about a refresher with some old ideas to get you going. I love to cook and modify recipes to suit my needs...
Well, I will be keeping my eye on all your suggestions!
I love the green beans at Friday's, but those are breaded - the beans you mentioned would be a great replacement.

I've tried the BB Brownies in the past.....

Tonight I am eating a little off plan - how can you not this time of year when things are so seasonal.......having corn on the cob, but with a little tenderloin and a lot of salad!