Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
OHHHH - Tummy's not good. Had popcorn shrimp for lunch. Revenge of the fried food!! Yuck! That'll teach me. Still not totally on the straight and narrow yet. Time to go back to the book, I fear....
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member
 
Jericrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 143
Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Ok...making food for tomorrow so I am prepared. Cream of Mushroom soup, pickle wraps, butternut squash....
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #123
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,446
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Thank you!! I don't think I will be eating cake. I would like to try the black bean brownies and have those as a treat. I will be eating healthy....have to. Need to get past the 10....
You can do it! Cheering you on.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:18 AM   #124
Queen Bargain Shopper
 
Radmom413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood!
Posts: 27,506
Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
I did it!
Day one completely ON PROGRAM.
And it wasn't that hard....., go figure!
I am finding it really does pay to eat every couple of hours and I think that has been my mistake in the past.

Wiz - I have to celebrate my birthday big, no matter what my age.....with DH's, DD's, DSIL's, Grandpups and now Grandkids on the way - I figure it's the only day that is MINE!!!

This is a very doable way of life everyday. For me how I detour so easily is if I am not prepared. I have a wedding this weekend, and already have made up my mind.....no drinks....I will have club soda with lime so I look like I have a drink in my hand so no one questions, and no cake.......I had the most amazing VEGAN red velvet cake at DD's wedding and in my mind NO cake can beat this one, so why even bother!!!!

Rose -Glad to see you still leading the charge!!!
__________________
Cindy



•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:29 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member
 
Jericrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 143
Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
You can do it! Cheering you on.
!

Thanks...I need the support. Like everyone, I have up days and down days. Gonna be an up day! Have a wonderful day
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:54 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member
 
Jericrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 143
Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Ok...I couldn't do it! I didn't get on the scale. Didn't want to start the day on a bad note, even though I am unsure where I am at on the scale. Tomorrow.....there is always tomorrow. It is going to be a great day!!
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #127
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,446
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Ok...I couldn't do it! I didn't get on the scale. Didn't want to start the day on a bad note, even though I am unsure where I am at on the scale. Tomorrow.....there is always tomorrow. It is going to be a great day!!
It might help to stay off the scale for a while. Those daily ups and downs play mind games with you.

Start every day with "It's gonna be a GREAT day!" and stay on the plan.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #128
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,446
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
I did it!
Day one completely ON PROGRAM.
And it wasn't that hard....., go figure!
I am finding it really does pay to eat every couple of hours and I think that has been my mistake in the past.

Wiz - I have to celebrate my birthday big, no matter what my age.....with DH's, DD's, DSIL's, Grandpups and now Grandkids on the way - I figure it's the only day that is MINE!!!

This is a very doable way of life everyday. For me how I detour so easily is if I am not prepared. I have a wedding this weekend, and already have made up my mind.....no drinks....I will have club soda with lime so I look like I have a drink in my hand so no one questions, and no cake.......I had the most amazing VEGAN red velvet cake at DD's wedding and in my mind NO cake can beat this one, so why even bother!!!!

Rose -Glad to see you still leading the charge!!!
I think SB is the easiest of the easy. And remember the reason for the mandatory little something between meals? All together now-- To keep your blood sugar stable. It's so easy to forget the little things.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #129
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,652
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Great day of eating yesterday!! And another good one on tap today. I still haven't gotten on the scale, maybe one more day of Phase 1

Keep up the good work Beachers!!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #130
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,993
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Hello Ladies
I guess I am back! My Dr has told me if I don't do something I will have to start on insulin.I do NOT want that.
I have been trying RXHCG and I lost 40lbs last year.Then I just couldn't take the 500 cal a day thing and didn't stick with protocol and so went to another plan SP(can't mention the name on here) and was counting caliores and tracking my food. Then I just got away from doing that. SO yesterday I was in Drs. office from 1-4 getting tests and treatments galore.I was 254 But it was in the afternoon.Still it is a far cry form the 239 that I was a few months ago. I have not changed my ticker and won't until I get back down there. Even at 254 though is better than the 275.8 I started out at!

He suggested the SOUTH BEACH DIET! So I guess I am back!!!

I am starting Monday because we have several events coming up and there will be corn on the cobb and since it is only once a year I want some!!! Not to mention the strawberreis, peaches,cantaloupe and watermelon that will be there! And on PH1 they are not allowed so I am not strong enough right now to avoid them.

Hello Cindy, Rose& Wiz(what has happened to the waving emotion con?)

You girls and Michelle were my biggest supporters last time I was here. I appreciate it.But I feel I won't have to ask all those questions again(maybe)LOL I still have the book!!!

Well until next week take care and happy SB Dieting. (Is Michelle still on here)?

Last edited by Berta48; 07-09-2013 at 10:27 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #131
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,993
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Hello Ladies
I guess I am back! My Dr has told me if I don't do something I will have to start on insulin.I do NOT want that.
I have been trying RXHCG and I lost 40lbs last year.Then I just couldn't take the 500 cal a day thing and didn't stick with protocol and so went to another plan SP(can't mention the name on here) and was counting caliores and tracking my food. Then I just got away from doing that. SO yesterday I was in Drs. office from 1-4 getting tests and treatments galore.I was 254 But it was in the afternoon.Still it is a far cry form the 239 that I was a few months ago. I have not changed my ticker and won't until I get back down there. Even at 254 though is better than the 275.8 I started out at!

He suggested the SOUTH BEACH DIET! So I guess I am back!!!

I am starting Monday because we have several events coming up and there will be corn on the cobb and since it is only once a year I want some!!! Not to mention the strawberreis, peaches,cantaloupe and watermelon that will be there! And on PH1 they are not allowed so I am not strong enough right now to avoid them.

Hello Cindy, Rose& Wiz(what has happened to the waving emotion con?)

You girls and Michelle were my biggest supporters last time I was here. I appreciate it.But I feel I won't have to ask all those questions again(maybe)LOL I still have the book!!!

Well until next week take care and happy SB Dieting. (Is Michelle still on here)?
I just purchased the South Beach Good Carb Bad Carb book form Amazon for 4.00 including shipping YEAH!!!!
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #132
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,446
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Well, good for your doctor. Now follow his advice and get yourself back in here. You really, really don't want to start the insulin.

So we're starting Monday, right?
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #133
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,652
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
I just purchased the South Beach Good Carb Bad Carb book form Amazon for 4.00 including shipping YEAH!!!!
Welcome back Berta!! You know you can do this, and the fact is -in order to avoid insulin - you have to do this.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #134
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,993
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Well, good for your doctor. Now follow his advice and get yourself back in here. You really, really don't want to start the insulin.

So we're starting Monday, right?
ABSOLUTELY!!!! YES........ NO Insulin!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Welcome back Berta!! You know you can do this, and the fact is -in order to avoid insulin - you have to do this.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome back it has been awhile for sure!!!
I have been reading the book today and it sounds so easy compared to the 500 cal HCG.

I am wondering(I thought I should know.) but are we allowed to fry our meat? I always use Virgin olive oil and sometimes the light. I know there are zero carbs for the 1st 2 week but I am speaking after that.We use multigrain and Rye bread so that is good.Also I can make my own bread with my bread machine and I use whole wheat and White Whole Wheat flour

Last edited by Berta48; 07-09-2013 at 03:03 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #135
Queen Bargain Shopper
 
Radmom413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood!
Posts: 27,506
Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Welcome Back Berta!
We are in this together - and NO INSULIN!!!!

Yeah Rose - I found out yesterday that I wasn't hungry, nor ravenous when I went home from work. Didn't pack enough today though - so need to remedy that one tomorrow - will bring some extra string cheese, hb egg or half an avocado for afternoon.
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #136
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: KS - America's Bread Basket
Posts: 31
Gallery: paulainks
Stats: 215/173.5/129
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 11, 2013
Wow busy day on the board. that's awesome. I've done well the last few days, struggling a bit tonight trying to decide what to have for supper.

Just me tonight and feeling too lazy for anything complicated and don't really want whats easy. Deep sigh.
paulainks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #137
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: KS - America's Bread Basket
Posts: 31
Gallery: paulainks
Stats: 215/173.5/129
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 11, 2013
Opted for a summer veggie omelet. Once the onions started cooking, I didn't feel like I was settling.
paulainks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #138
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,993
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
Welcome Back Berta!
We are in this together - and NO INSULIN!!!!

Yeah Rose - I found out yesterday that I wasn't hungry, nor ravenous when I went home from work. Didn't pack enough today though - so need to remedy that one tomorrow - will bring some extra string cheese, hb egg or half an avocado for afternoon.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:31 AM   #139
Queen Bargain Shopper
 
Radmom413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood!
Posts: 27,506
Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Morning!

So far, so good!
Bringing a few extra snacks today.
DH OOT tonight, so like you Paula, I will be alone tonight - thinking my grocery store to hit up the salad bar will be my choice.

Made a new thing for lunch the other day......love it and need to get more: mini portabella mushrooms, sauteed a bit with s&p and red pepper flakes, put in my container, topped with pizza sauce and low fat mozz. At lunch I nuked a bit to melt the cheese! It was SO good!

Have a happy hump day!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:32 AM   #140
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,652
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Good morning!!

Well, I got on the scale today post vacation and birthday...yup, not pretty. Up 3 lbs. I feel it all sitting right around my stomach. It's amazing how fast you can gain weight and how long it takes to get it back off!!

Jersey blueberries - my fave - are at their peak right now. So I decided I am doing Phase 1 plus blueberries!! It's better than Phase 1 plus potato chips or ice cream. LOL.

Cindy, that lunch sounds great. Nice vegetarian idea that isn't a salad.

Paula, I love omelets! I can eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner...good choice.

Berta, Yes, you can sauté your meat in a fry pan but I think there are some limits on how much EVOO to use, right? I don't have my book handy. So no deep frying, but sautéing is fine. FYI. I often sauté with a combination of EVOO and a little wine or chicken broth. Then I don't use as much oil. And remember, Phase 1 isn't NO carbs, because veggies do have carbs. It is no grains, fruits, etc. Just follow the food lists in the book!!

Hmmm...my husband wants to do 2 for 1 burger night at a local place. I guess my arm can be twisted. I get the bruschetta burger (they make an awesome tomato bruschetta and put it all over the burger), no roll and a side salad. Very OP! He, of course, get the cheeseburger with fries.

Have a good day on the Beach folks!!
__________________
2014 is a new chapter in my journey...I am eager to embrace the changes coming my way and make it work.

2014 Running Miles: 328
2014 Walking Miles: 278
2014 Biking Miles: 456
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #141
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,993
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Good morning!!

Well, I got on the scale today post vacation and birthday...yup, not pretty. Up 3 lbs. I feel it all sitting right around my stomach. It's amazing how fast you can gain weight and how long it takes to get it back off!!

Jersey blueberries - my fave - are at their peak right now. So I decided I am doing Phase 1 plus blueberries!! It's better than Phase 1 plus potato chips or ice cream. LOL.

Cindy, that lunch sounds great. Nice vegetarian idea that isn't a salad.

Paula, I love omelets! I can eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner...good choice.

Berta, Yes, you can sauté your meat in a fry pan but I think there are some limits on how much EVOO to use, right? I don't have my book handy. So no deep frying, but sautéing is fine. FYI. I often sauté with a combination of EVOO and a little wine or chicken broth. Then I don't use as much oil. And remember, Phase 1 isn't NO carbs, because veggies do have carbs. It is no grains, fruits, etc. Just follow the food lists in the book!!

Hmmm...my husband wants to do 2 for 1 burger night at a local place. I guess my arm can be twisted. I get the bruschetta burger (they make an awesome tomato bruschetta and put it all over the burger), no roll and a side salad. Very OP! He, of course, get the cheeseburger with fries.

Have a good day on the Beach folks!!
Actually WIZ I did rememeber. I have a spray bottle with EVOO in it actually it is olive oil for sauteing I don't think it's xtra virgin but does that matter?And many times I pour a bit in and then use a paper towel to spread it around the pan.I haved found covering the skillet helps make things crispier too

Are you still the traveling lady? I have been waiting since Dec to start working from home for a lady but every month she says just a another month and it should all come together and you can start.So I am NOT holding my breath LOL If it happens..... it happens.

Well I am not on HCG any longer but they have what you call Correction Days( there are several different varieties) so I did one yesterday (not for when you are on HCG it is to get you back into your last weight window if you go over 2lbs)and I dropped 2llbs so I am back down to my 249.4 today.I am happy about that! It was sure tough getting through the day but I made it!!So today I am trying to eat healthy and get ready for Monday!We have a watermelon,cantaloupe,honeydew, strawberries and corn on the cobb we have to get through before then! OH and fresh peaches and some kiwi too!

Last edited by Berta48; 07-10-2013 at 09:05 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #142
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,446
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Blueberries were two weeks late here because of the late cold weather, so we're still picking. I've been having fresh off the bush berries and yogurt and chopped walnuts for breakfast.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #143
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,993
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Blueberries were two weeks late here because of the late cold weather, so we're still picking. I've been having fresh off the bush berries and yogurt and chopped walnuts for breakfast.
(love my ff greek yogurt)

I am wondering we have a dairy beverage we use called HOOD Carb Countdown(they have changed the name now though to Calorie Countdown) it only has 70 calories a cup where skim milk has 80 the ingredients say it is made from FF skim milk but the pkg says 2% RF milkfat it is sweetend with sucralose which I use always.(I know you don't, but I do)so I am thinking it would be okay on SB.The chocolate is very good to and it has 80 cal per cup the same as skim milk.Made with cocoa powder.Also they only have 3carbs <1g fiber 3gms sugar 5protein.For the one serving.

Last edited by Berta48; 07-10-2013 at 09:15 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Daughter and I started same day. She lost 3.5# in 2 days. I lost NONE! I ate right under 1500 calories yesterday, was hungry all day, and isn't manage to love anything. :-(

Daughter is wondering if polish sausage is allowed in phase 1. I didn't see anything about it listed but maybe it's considered a processed food? What about breakfast sausages?
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #145
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,446
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Berta, Hoods "milk" is ok. Be sure to stick to the dairy limits per day. Frankly, I don't see the reason to spend more for Hoods instead of just using skim or 1%.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #146
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,993
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Berta, Hoods "milk" is ok. Be sure to stick to the dairy limits per day. Frankly, I don't see the reason to spend more for Hoods instead of just using skim or 1%.
Thanks Rose
Actually here where we live it is cheaper than regular milk.And it lasts a lot longer.Also the carton is smaller and doesn't take up as much room in the fridge as a gallon of milk does! I just bought one Chocolate July 5th and it is good until Aug 16th!So that is why

I am getting a bit excited to re-start SB again. I have actually learned not to eat alot of starches.My biggest problem now is sweets. but I can always make them with my Splenda(yes I know all about it.... it can cause cravings but hasn't for me) and we love SF pudding with fresh or frozen berries in it! We have switched to Rye bread or multigrian when we do eat bread and we make sandwiches from flat bread or whole grain pitas. I would have never a year ago even considered doing thatSometimes we just roll it up in a romain lettuce leaf also.

I didn't see that on the PH1 list or did I over look it? I saw SF jello though.

Last edited by Berta48; 07-10-2013 at 10:05 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #147
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,446
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Thanks Rose
Actually here where we live it is cheaper than regular milk.And it lasts a lot longer.Also the carton is smaller and doesn't take up as much room in the fridge as a gallon of milk does! I just bought one Chocolate July 5th and it is good until Aug 16th!So that is why

I am getting a bit excited to re-start SB again. I have actually learned not to eat alot of starches.My biggest problem now is sweets. but I can always make them with my Splenda(yes I know all about it.... it can cause cravings but hasn't for me) and we love SF pudding with fresh or frozen berries in it! We have switched to Rye bread or multigrian when we do eat bread and we make sandwiches from flat bread or whole grain pitas. I would have never a year ago even considered doing thatSometimes we just roll it up in a romain lettuce leaf also.

I didn't see that on the PH1 list or did I over look it? I saw SF jello though.
What didn't you see on the list?

Hoods milk here costs more for a half gallon than a whole gallon of real milk.

Last edited by rose1; 07-10-2013 at 11:59 AM..
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #148
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,993
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
What didn't you see on the list?

Hoods milk here costs more for a half gallon than a whole gallon of real milk.
Sugar free pudding!Sorry. Funny how prices vary so much in different areas.Also another reason is, it is a hlaf gallon and we don't use that much milk it spoils before we can get it used up and the HOOD lasts longer.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #149
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,446
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Sugar free pudding!Sorry. Funny how prices vary so much in different areas.Also another reason is, it is a hlaf gallon and we don't use that much milk it spoils before we can get it used up and the HOOD lasts longer.
FF, SF pudding is in phase 2.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #150
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: KS - America's Bread Basket
Posts: 31
Gallery: paulainks
Stats: 215/173.5/129
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 11, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Daughter and I started same day. She lost 3.5# in 2 days. I lost NONE! I ate right under 1500 calories yesterday, was hungry all day, and isn't manage to love anything. :-(

Daughter is wondering if polish sausage is allowed in phase 1. I didn't see anything about it listed but maybe it's considered a processed food? What about breakfast sausages?
I envy the metabolism of the young. hang in there yours will kick in. I'm new to SB but I can't imagine breakfast sausage or polish sausages are in Phase 1.

I think for the sausage they recommend turkey sausage, I can do a lot of thing turkey but sausage isn't one. I know in phase 2 you can add in the occasional hot dogs.
paulainks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:52 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.