Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #91
RWV
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RWV
What is going on??!!!

Thank you MaMaFox. Maybe I need to start keeping track of carbs and calories. I don't feel hungry, but maybe I need to keep a food journal and, as Spod said, watch my sodium and keep track of it as well. Thank you both for the input and ideas, I really appreciate it!!
RWV is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: paulainks
Stats: 215/173.5/129
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 11, 2013
I'm gong to try and eat more calories as well. I don't feel hungry but I know I'm getting between 900 and 1050 calories a day. How any carbs should you stay under? I'm not seeing the scale moving in the right direction either.
paulainks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spod
Stats: 240/189/160
Start Date: February 13 2013
Def make sure yous it slow down your metabolism by eating too little. I struggled at first today enough as well bc of all the protein I was consuming. Get into the habit to eat a lot if quality calories and the weight will come off
I just hit 50 pounds yesterday! So so excited.
Spod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #94
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Let's keep this thread going through July, what do you think?
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Sounds good! Heaven knows I need some accountability right about now. I have gained all 7 pounds back. I had a long talk with hubby and told him that I really needed to succeed at this. South Beach is not his cup of tea, sooooo there's not much help from that quarter. I have to make my mind up that I am going to do this, even if it's all on my own. I did take the first step and went shopping for all SB friendly food items. Told hubby we could cook out for the 4th, but I was making stuff from the book. Lean pork on the grill, SB friendly baked beans, Veggie packets on the grill and a big tossed salad. He was ok with that as long as I made him his baked potato. Starting over AGAIN!!

Last edited by gailbayne; 07-03-2013 at 11:50 AM.. Reason: mis-spelling
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #96
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spod View Post
I just hit 50 pounds yesterday! So so excited.
OMG, congrats!! thats great. I've counted my cals today and I still have supper to eat, but I'm only at 427. .
Old 07-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #97
RWV
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RWV
What is going on??!!!

Well, I discussed my dilemma with someone I've known for a long who is very knowledgeable--she is a personal trainer and body builder. Gave me some very good advice that I plan to follow, including counting my calories and recording them daily. She said I have "metabolic damage" due to being sedentary during the recovery phase immediately after my surgery for 3 months--that basically shot my metabolism, so I have to calorie count and gradually increase the calorie count so I can lose weight and still build muscle (which I lost in those 3 months)
RWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWV View Post
Well, I discussed my dilemma with someone I've known for a long who is very knowledgeable--she is a personal trainer and body builder. Gave me some very good advice that I plan to follow, including counting my calories and recording them daily. She said I have "metabolic damage" due to being sedentary during the recovery phase immediately after my surgery for 3 months--that basically shot my metabolism, so I have to calorie count and gradually increase the calorie count so I can lose weight and still build muscle (which I lost in those 3 months)
I absolutely agree with that advice. There is a thread somewhere, maybe on one of the Atkins pages about how to repair your metabolism. You might even gain some pounds while healing your metabolism, but in the long run you'll be fine.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Sounds good! Heaven knows I need some accountability right about now. I have gained all 7 pounds back. I had a long talk with hubby and told him that I really needed to succeed at this. South Beach is not his cup of tea, sooooo there's not much help from that quarter. I have to make my mind up that I am going to do this, even if it's all on my own. I did take the first step and went shopping for all SB friendly food items. Told hubby we could cook out for the 4th, but I was making stuff from the book. Lean pork on the grill, SB friendly baked beans, Veggie packets on the grill and a big tossed salad. He was ok with that as long as I made him his baked potato. Starting over AGAIN!!
It's SO easy to slip back into old habits and before you know it............

Your menu for the 4th sounds great and if he needs a potato, that's fine. You don't have to do this alone; we're here everyday!
Old 07-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MaMaFox
WOE: SB
Start Date: June 17th 2013
Yeah! We don't need no stinkin ptoatoes!

I feel great! I don't know why cuz I'm staying off that scale but mt clothes are looser and my stomach isn't upset every day! That alone is enough motivation for me to keep on keepin on.

I try to stick with between 35-50 carbs per day. Most of them come veggies.
Even if the scale doesn't move by more than a pound or two, I'm good.It's been a long time.

Have a great holiday. I'll be at work.
MaMaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Hi All - Penny here
I am getting ready for our cook-out! Having lean 7% burgers, South Beach friendly baked beans, sautéed broccoli & garlic, deviled eggs and a big salad. No buns on the burgers. Hubby is still insisting on the baked potato. Well, ok, it's not gonna kill me to bake him a potato! I think I have my mindset back, thank goodness. Couple days of phase 1 helps a lot with that. Sooooooooooo - I am going to post here everyday, so ya'll will be the ones keeping me on the straight and narrow. I don't like having to admit that I gained all the weight back. I want to report weight LOSS! Down 1.5 pounds. It's a start!
Old 07-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Penny here - Dinner was great. Broiled beef patty, SB friendly baked beans, Veggies, deviled eggs and a big salad. Delish!! Came up with a great way to fix veggies. I sautéed 2 zucchini and 1 large tomato with garlic in olive oil. Added some concentrated chicken broth then a bag of spinach. Seasoned with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Didn't even have to put parmesan cheese on it for taste. I think this would be great with white beans to bulk up the protein. Yummy! Fixed potatoes and corn for hubby only. He was a happy man, and I stayed absolutely on program.

Last edited by gailbayne; 07-04-2013 at 02:30 PM..
Old 07-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #103

Quote:
Penny here - Dinner was great. Broiled beef patty, SB friendly baked beans, Veggies, deviled eggs and a big salad. Delish!! Came up with a great way to fix veggies. I sautéed 2 zucchini and 1 large tomato with garlic in olive oil. Added some concentrated chicken broth then a bag of spinach. Seasoned with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Didn't even have to put parmesan cheese on it for taste. I think this would be great with white beans to bulk up the protein. Yummy! Fixed potatoes and corn for hubby only. He was a happy man, and I stayed absolutely on program.
Yummy sounding veggie dish!
Old 07-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Hi everybody - Penny here - Down 3.5 pounds. I couldn't believe it with all the veggies and salad I ate last nite. Thought for sure the scale would not have budged. Goes to show you: you have to eat to loose. Feeling better about things today. Back on the right track.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
Start Date: 1/2005
What is this stuff about repairing your metabolism? My surgery is 7/22 and Im gonna be laid up for a month Now Im scared....still struggling with the 10 pounds i cant get rid of
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #106
Junior LCF Member

Ok, tracked calories for the last 2 days, it was a real struggle to get in 1200 calories. Before south beach, it was a struggle to stay under 1600, what a difference!

I did notice my sodium is through the roof. I noticed here lately I'm constantly thirsty and drink enough water to drown a camel, do you think the extra water consumption is evening out the extra sodium intake?
Old 07-08-2013, 04:14 AM   #107
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!

South Beach Vet (who detoured a bit) checking in and regrouping after a couple months of craziness with my younger daughter's wedding!

Buckhuntress - upcoming surgery?

Hi Rose!

Glad to see the thread still going and marking my spot!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:48 AM   #108
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hey gang!!

Without going into a lot of detail, I will say that between my birthday, being off all week, July 4th festivities, a graduation party....I was not exactly OP all week.

But it's Monday and I am back to my regimen. 5 mile run this morning with a spinach, sun dried tomato, roasted red pepper quiche in the oven, salad planned for lunch and ground chicken stuffed mexi peppers for dinner. It's all about Phase 1 for a few days....

Penny, my husband kind of follows SB, but he does like his bread and potatoes. Fortunately, he likes roasted sweet potatoes as much as white ones. So then I can indulge too. And I have gotten him totally hooked on whole grain style breads. I always keep that kind of stuff in the house for him. And then if I have some, it is still OP for me too.

Paula, we really watch our sodium intake. It is quite easy to overdo it. Canned veggies, bottled dressings, lunch meat and other processed meats etc. are big culprits. Do what you can to buy low sodium products or to use/make fresh.

Gotta run! Work calls....ugh.

2014 Running Miles: 224
2014 Walking Miles: 209
2014 Biking Miles: 380
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post

South Beach Vet (who detoured a bit) checking in and regrouping after a couple months of craziness with my younger daughter's wedding!

Buckhuntress - upcoming surgery?

Hi Rose!

Glad to see the thread still going and marking my spot!
Howdy stranger!
Old 07-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #110

Wiz, how on earth did I miss your birthday!

Old 07-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #111
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Wiz, how on earth did I miss your birthday!

Thanks Rose!!! At age 53, I don't really do much advertising about my b-day anymore
Old 07-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Hi All - Penny here
I am getting ready for our cook-out! Having lean 7% burgers, South Beach friendly baked beans, sautéed broccoli & garlic, deviled eggs and a big salad. No buns on the burgers. Hubby is still insisting on the baked potato. Well, ok, it's not gonna kill me to bake him a potato! I think I have my mindset back, thank goodness. Couple days of phase 1 helps a lot with that. Sooooooooooo - I am going to post here everyday, so ya'll will be the ones keeping me on the straight and narrow. I don't like having to admit that I gained all the weight back. I want to report weight LOSS! Down 1.5 pounds. It's a start!

Good For You!!!! Keep it up!! Feels empowering....
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Thanks Rose!!! At age 53, I don't really do much advertising about my b-day anymore
I figure I've earned every year!
Old 07-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Back from Vacation

Ok....I strayed....I am human...I know that....but really? 3 days of off SB and my stomach felt icky every day. And headachey (probably not enough water) Sunday was start of SB week 1 for me to recoup my failure. Didn't get on the scale. Too afraid of that darn thing. Will get on tomorrow...need to see where I am at. I have noticed my summer clothes are fitting better, not as tight and depressing. I had lost 10 lbs before vacation and that is my sabotage number. I have a mental block when it comes to that. I need to get past that. Who knows what the scale will show tomorrow, but I am not to be discouraged. Heading to the store right now to pick up more vegis. Stirfrying sounds like a plan. Love adding garlic and tomatoes. Will visit this sight often to keep on track. Just talking about vegis and what people make gets me going. 49th birthday tomorrow....daughter bringing over a cake...worried....
Old 07-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #115
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I figure I've earned every year!
I know exactly what you mean!! LOL.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Ok....I strayed....I am human...I know that....but really? 3 days of off SB and my stomach felt icky every day. And headachey (probably not enough water) Sunday was start of SB week 1 for me to recoup my failure. Didn't get on the scale. Too afraid of that darn thing. Will get on tomorrow...need to see where I am at. I have noticed my summer clothes are fitting better, not as tight and depressing. I had lost 10 lbs before vacation and that is my sabotage number. I have a mental block when it comes to that. I need to get past that. Who knows what the scale will show tomorrow, but I am not to be discouraged. Heading to the store right now to pick up more vegis. Stirfrying sounds like a plan. Love adding garlic and tomatoes. Will visit this sight often to keep on track. Just talking about vegis and what people make gets me going. 49th birthday tomorrow....daughter bringing over a cake...worried....
You don't have to eat cake. Have a meal full of wonderful, health-giving foods. Be good to yourself and have a wonderful birthday.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Making Roasted Acorn Squash with rosemary and olive oil. House smells fantastic!!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Making Roasted Acorn Squash with rosemary and olive oil. House smells fantastic!!
Wow. I can almost smell it.

I got some baby beets from a friend. Will roast those with olive oil and salt and pepper and put a few on a salad. I love roasted vegetables, brings out the natural sweetness.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow. I can almost smell it.

I got some baby beets from a friend. Will roast those with olive oil and salt and pepper and put a few on a salad. I love roasted vegetables, brings out the natural sweetness.
I love roasted anything....broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, onions....yum. The rosemary is my favorite seasoning. Never thought about roasting beats. Yum.. I have roasted cherry tomatoes, cut in half with garlic salt and oregano. Roast til crunchy....
Old 07-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You don't have to eat cake. Have a meal full of wonderful, health-giving foods. Be good to yourself and have a wonderful birthday.
Thank you!! I don't think I will be eating cake. I would like to try the black bean brownies and have those as a treat. I will be eating healthy....have to. Need to get past the 10....