Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #571
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
It's a large "whole" foods grocery store with an organic produce section, a large vitamin and herb section, natural soaps and facial products, canned goods, bins of flour (whole wheat and others) that you scoop up into bags, as large or small an amount as you want. Just put the item number on the bag so the cashier can use that code to weigh it, different kinds of rice, free range meats, wine selection, etc, just like a regular store but many, many things places like Walmart doesn't carry. Their free range chickens are very white, not yellow like other stores, and it has a nice fresh seafood section. It's a bit pricier than most stores. You also get to sample lots of things like soups, nuts, cheese, etc. so there are many things you can have that's SB friendly but not all things are, so use your discretion. Sometimes there are wonderful bargains. We went in and found organic blueberries were only 1.99 a pint one day so we bought about 5 pints for the freezer. Next time we went in they were 4.99 a pint so I felt we got a great deal! There's also a bakery where they bake their own breads, cookies, freshly made coffee, etc, so it can be a tempting place! They are very friendly and accommodating and have people in different depts that are there to help you, as least in the one near me. Let us know how you liked it!
Sounds as if I could spend a whole day in there!!!!Are the cookies etc whole Grain? I wish I could get the chicken to bring home, but it is an eight hour drive one way, so doubt very much if that would be possible!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Morning SB friends!!

Berta - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Penny - Glad surgery went well.

My DH interview went well. They will be calling by the end of the week, either way. His current job is just so stressful and I don't believe you have to live your life being unhappy to go to work everyday. I love my job so I am fortunate.

I want to plan ahead for when I start school again. Need to have my food plan organized to make it easier to stay on plan... Gonna get some of those snack bags and put 15 Almonds in one, 30 pistachios in another. We have a student with peanut allergies so I can't snack on those in the classroom, so I will have to bring hummus and vegis.

Mom has type 2 diabetes and doesn't watch her food well and it is effecting her health. It is tough enough worrying about what I eat, now I need to focus on mom. She doesn't want to give up on eating regularly. Trying to figure out how to help her.
Still exercising and feeling good!! Enjoy your day all!!
I have Type 2 diabetes also and have for nearly ten years.So tell your mom eating right is important.But now Dr. says I have to do SB and eat good ALL the time so that is what I am doing. Maybe making a daily menu of things your mom likes that is allowed would help her? Give her SB recipes? Whatever I wish you success.It is hard to take care of someone else when they don't co-operate! I know from takng care of my mom before she passed away 2 years ago.

Let us know if hubby get the job!!!
Thanks for the Anniversary wishes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Hello all,

Berta, congrats on the loss!! And as Gmom mentioned, fennel does have an anisette or licorice flavor. My husband and I love it, although it can be pricey at times.

Penny, glad to hear you are recovering well! Hang in there...

Jeri, While my job now (Global Sales Director for large telecom) is very stressful, I really do like it. There is a difference between being challenged vs. being miserable. I agree that it sounds like your husband needs a change. I used to be in a job like that, and when I switched to a new position it was like this huge burden was lifted.

Gmom, I envy you having Whole Foods near by! We don't have one anywhere near the little Jersey shore beach town I live in. Our supermarket is very well stocked, but Whole Foods is another level of variety.

Glitter, do you ever go to any of the Salad Stops (in Delaware county)? My brother's buddy is one of the owners.

Speaking of work, enough fooling around. Onto my next conference call....
Not so certain I would like fennel. But I do like licorice candy
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #572
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi everybody. Surgery went well, little more intense than I thought. (Me being my usual scardy cat, is all)! Trying to get adjusted. Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes. I really appreciate it! More later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Berta - Happy Anniversary!! Eye is still pretty sore, so I'm not doing much on here yet. Thank you to all who hung in there with me.

Quote:
Glitter- a restaurant designated to only serving salads? I'm envious!! I'd live in there!

Today my scale finally moved another lb after a week so I'm at 147.5. I've finally reached my first goal of 10 lbs lost, 10 lbs to go! I've been doing SB for 2 months.
way to go!!! It is nice having somewhere for salads, they do have other temptations but it's easy to avoid them.

Quote:
Thank you for all of the support. DH is at interview. Nervous for him.
Had a wonderful day of eating and exercising. Got to see my grand girls and set up my classroom. Feeling very accomplished!!
Quote:
My DH interview went well. They will be calling by the end of the week, either way. His current job is just so stressful and I don't believe you have to live your life being unhappy to go to work everyday. I love my job so I am fortunate.

I want to plan ahead for when I start school again. Need to have my food plan organized to make it easier to stay on plan... Gonna get some of those snack bags and put 15 Almonds in one, 30 pistachios in another. We have a student with peanut allergies so I can't snack on those in the classroom, so I will have to bring hummus and vegis.

Mom has type 2 diabetes and doesn't watch her food well and it is effecting her health. It is tough enough worrying about what I eat, now I need to focus on mom. She doesn't want to give up on eating regularly. Trying to figure out how to help her.
Still exercising and feeling good!! Enjoy your day all!!
Glad the interview went well!! Sunbutter is a wonderful option, my daughter is in a preanut free daycare so we send that (and it also says on the package that it isn't cross contaminated)

My mother is probably diabetic, she has gone to the doctor and the doctor said she is borderline.. I can't help but to think she is and not telling us the truth. She has a history of not being honest about her health.. It makes me so sad I don't know how to help her.. I tell her just eat real food, nothing boxed but she has a strange interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Has anyone noticed that SB says no measuring, weighing or tracking or stuff like that.Yet all I seem to do is measure and weigh.Why is that? I hate having to do that I am wondering if 2 TBS of cream cheese can only be eaten once a day? There seems to me to be alot of unanswered questions

What do they have SB friendly? I am going to really enjoy looking in there!!!

Thanks Penny,You just take care of yourself and post when you can!!
Yeah, there are some measurements for things.. suggestions for portion size for meat, veggies, beans, nuts.. I was good about measuring the first 2 weeks but then got use to eye balling in certain containers

Quote:

Glitter, do you ever go to any of the Salad Stops (in Delaware county)? My brother's buddy is one of the owners.

Speaking of work, enough fooling around. Onto my next conference call....

I spend most of my time in Montco/Chester but now that I know that exists, I'll have to go check it out when I'm out that way!!

I am lucky to have Wegmans and Whole Foods, I am pretty selective about what I get b/c somethings are a good price and others are a terrible buy. Selection though, wowser..

My picks from Whole Foods, I do prefer to buy organic so this list does reflect that..
prepared fruit (it's just so easy)
whole grain pasta DeLallo brand
nuts
low/no sugar/whole grain cereals.. they have many that fit SB
frozen veggies, they have a large selection of their own brand
tea
probiotics
chocolate

No good buys:
their yogurt selection isn't any better than elsewhere since they carry so many sugar laden versions and the plain ones they carry are more expensive than other grocery stores
same thing for cheese that fits SB.. now if you want a nice treat, they have a great selection..
bread is hit and miss too, many refined breads
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #573
Senior LCF Member

whew.. lots to reply to...

change in plan.. going to have skinnytaste turkey meatloaf cupcakes that I froze from another week with sweet potato.. I need to get some veggies too. I have a lot more carrots than I remember so I am going to make a puree soup with my Vitamix!

Lunch I am enjoying leftover chicken piccata with the last of the sugar snap peas and a tomato bean soup. Little behind on the water lately and movement (forgot my sneakers to go for an afternoon walk)
Old 08-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #574
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Sounds as if I could spend a whole day in there!!!!Are the cookies etc whole Grain? I wish I could get the chicken to bring home, but it is an eight hour drive one way, so doubt very much if that would be possible!

I have Type 2 diabetes also and have for nearly ten years.So tell your mom eating right is important.But now Dr. says I have to do SB and eat good ALL the time so that is what I am doing. Maybe making a daily menu of things your mom likes that is allowed would help her? Give her SB recipes? Whatever I wish you success.It is hard to take care of someone else when they don't co-operate! I know from takng care of my mom before she passed away 2 years ago.

Let us know if hubby get the job!!!
Thanks for the Anniversary wishes!

Not so certain I would like fennel. But I do like licorice candy
Sorry Berta, I don't think they are but not sure. I love the anise cookies but haven't thought much about them since starting SB.. till now. Maybe you can bring along an ice chest to keep the chickens cool. You can pack them in Lock N Lock containers which won't let water in. When I lived in Tn my parents used to bring me fresh shrimp that way. Yeah! We're finally home!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #575
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
TGIF!!! Why does the first week back from vacation seem endless???

Got a great 5-mile run in this morning...but on the negative side I finally weighed in after vacation. Yup, the scale was up. Looks like I need to keep working at it.

Have a good weekend Beachers! I'll check back in on Monday...
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #576
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
Hi everyone,
It is with terrible sadness that I inform you that my 19 yr old son Robbie passed away on July 11 after a nine month battle with kidney cancer. Last year at this time we had a healthy athletic son getting ready to go to Wildwood to celebrate his birthday, getting ready for college and looking forward to life. On Oct. 1 we went to the doctor for what we thought may be a gallbladder attack and that day we found out he had a giant kidney tumor and that the cancer was all over him. It has been an intense nine months and Robbie and I fought so hard for life, but the fight became too difficult and Robbie passed. I'm trying to deal with this as best as I can. Starting phase 1 today and happy to see some familiar names here.
Michele
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #577
Berta48

Quote:
Sorry Berta, I don't think they are but not sure. I love the anise cookies but haven't thought much about them since starting SB.. till now. Maybe you can bring along an ice chest to keep the chickens cool. You can pack them in Lock N Lock containers which won't let water in. When I lived in Tn my parents used to bring me fresh shrimp that way. Yeah! We're finally home!
I thought of that. Maybe I will just do that? I guess I am having another senior moment as what do you mean.... Sorry but you don't think they are, but not sure?

I am going to be posting a bunch of recipes on the SB recipe thread today I have 2 pancake recipes and several others so check it out later today or tomorrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by michele777 View Post
Hi everyone,
It is with terrible sadness that I inform you that my 19 yr old son Robbie passed away on July 11 after a nine month battle with kidney cancer. Last year at this time we had a healthy athletic son getting ready to go to Wildwood to celebrate his birthday, getting ready for college and looking forward to life. On Oct. 1 we went to the doctor for what we thought may be a gallbladder attack and that day we found out he had a giant kidney tumor and that the cancer was all over him. It has been an intense nine months and Robbie and I fought so hard for life, but the fight became too difficult and Robbie passed. I'm trying to deal with this as best as I can. Starting phase 1 today and happy to see some familiar names here.
Michele
I am so very, very sorry to hear this. I am sorry you had to go such a terrible thing. I wish I could have been with you to help you through it. I pray the Lord will be your strength and comfort in coming days and years ahead!
I am happy to see you back
Quote:
TGIF!!! Why does the first week back from vacation seem endless???

Got a great 5-mile run in this morning...but on the negative side I finally weighed in after vacation. Yup, the scale was up. Looks like I need to keep working at it.

Have a good weekend Beachers! I'll check back in on Monday...
I have no answer to that question but I know what you mean. I am so thankful I don't have to go out into the work force any longer!

Last edited by Berta48; 08-23-2013 at 12:05 PM..
Old 08-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #578
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Michele
Sorry to hear of your loss! My cousin's son died of cancer about a year or so ago. I think he was around 10 yrs of age.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #579
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Michele
I am so very sorry for your loss. Losing a child is the worst thing anyone can try to live through. I am sending prayers and hugs.
I wish I could do more, you have been supportive for everyone over the years. Best I can do is support you here and cheer you on. *big hugs*
Old 08-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #580
Senior LCF Member

Berta-I don't exactly remember your question but I think you asked if it the Whole Foods cookies were made from Whole Grains or WW? What I meant was I didn't think they were, but not knowing what the ingredients are for their recipes, I couldn't say for sure. The ones I love so much are probably made with an almond paste but to be on the safe side I would suggest to stay away from them as I'm sure they "do" contain white sugar (not sugar substitutes) because if they were sugar free there would have been a sign stating so. Hope this clears things up for you. :-)
Old 08-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #581
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Quote:
Hi everyone,
Michele
Oh my God, Michele, I am just devastated over your loss. I cannot begin to imagine the pain you are going through. Please feel free to message me privately, if you want to talk. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #582
Berta48

Quote:
Berta-I don't exactly remember your question but I think you asked if it the Whole Foods cookies were made from Whole Grains or WW? What I meant was I didn't think they were, but not knowing what the ingredients are for their recipes, I couldn't say for sure. The ones I love so much are probably made with an almond paste but to be on the safe side I would suggest to stay away from them as I'm sure they "do" contain white sugar (not sugar substitutes) because if they were sugar free there would have been a sign stating so. Hope this clears things up for you. :-)
Old 08-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Quote:
Hi everyone,
Michele
Michele I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost both my parents to cancer, as well as my brother in law. I HATE that disease so much. Please know that we are here for you. Asking that God will comfort you in this time of extreme sorrow. May He hold you and your family in the hollow of His hand. Blessings!
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #584
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Michelle - What a change from a year ago with your son. I am so sad to hear about your son's passing, but so thankful that he had you to fight alongside him. I cannot imagine losing a child. Prayers to the Lord going up as I think about you when thinking about LCF.
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #585
Senior LCF Member

Well, I got some new jeans today in a size 12! I have old jeans in this size but my body is just different after having a child so I had just 1 pair that fit well. Feels good! Hope you all are having a great weekend!
Old 08-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #586
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
Well, I got some new jeans today in a size 12! I have old jeans in this size but my body is just different after having a child so I had just 1 pair that fit well. Feels good! Hope you all are having a great weekend!
WOW way to go KUTGW!! I have posted quite a few recipes on the PH2 recipe thread take a look!

My PC will be going into the shop on Monday so I will not be here for about a week We are leaving for vacation Wednesday anyway but we will back around the 1st or 2nd
Old 08-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #587
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Michele
Quote:
WOW way to go KUTGW!! I have posted quite a few recipes on the PH2 recipe thread take a look!

My PC will be going into the shop on Monday so I will not be here for about a week We are leaving for vacation Wednesday anyway but we will back around the 1st or 2nd
Quote:
Old 08-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #588
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Hi everyone,
Michele
You have my sympathy. I am so sorry to hear this.
Newer to SB and been on for a couple of months now. Love gabbing with this group.
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #589
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Whooo Hoooo! what a great feeling....Good for you!
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #590
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Miss you but enjoy your time unplugged!

Will have to look at the recipe thread.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #591
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
Thanks all for the kind words! xoxoxo
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:05 AM   #592
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Michele - thoughts and prayers and lots of hugs to you and your family.
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #593
Senior LCF Member

another Monday.. lots of kids back to school in our area.. down another lb! 169! w00t!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #594
Berta48

Down almost another lb! was 244.6 now 243.8 not much loss but it's a loss and it did move the number from 244-243 so I am happy!!!

My PC goes into the shop today and we leave Wednesday will be back Sept 2nd. So I won't be here for awhile.I have plans to eat healthy and make wise choices. So keep me in your prayers for will power as we will be eating out alot. My siser N law doesn't cook. So that means eating out. Which I enjoy. But I want to go to places that I have a choice of what I eat.

Today I am 65 where have the years went I don't feel it, so that is a good thing.

My DH hasn't said a word about it being my birthday yet. And last year he forgot all together The older he gets the less attentive he is MEN. But I wouldn't trade my DH for a millionaire though as he is a good,kind and caring man.Just forgetful

Last edited by Berta48; 08-26-2013 at 09:38 AM..
Old 08-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #595
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Hi everyone,
Michele
Michele, I'm just seeing this. I can't find the right words to say how sad I am for you. My heart is breaking. Be sure to take care of yourself and lean on others when you need to.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #596
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Down almost another lb! was 244.6 now 243.8 not much loss but it's a loss and it did move the number from 244-243 so I am happy!!!

My PC goes into the shop today and we leave Wednesday will be back Sept 2nd. So I won't be here for awhile.I have plans to eat healthy and make wise choices. So keep me in your prayers for will power as we will be eating out alot. My siser N law doesn't cook. So that means eating out. Which I enjoy. But I want to go to places that I have a choice of what I eat.

Today I am 65 where have the years went I don't feel it, so that is a good thing.

My DH hasn't said a word about it being my birthday yet. And last year he forgot all together The older he gets the less attentive he is MEN. But I wouldn't trade my DH for a millionaire though as he is a good,kind and caring man.Just forgetful
Hope you have a .. Both my daughter and my sister's birthdays was yesterday. Have a safe trip and healthy eating vacation!
Old 08-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #597
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Quote:
another Monday.. lots of kids back to school in our area.. down another lb! 169! w00t!

to both Glitter and Berta!
Old 08-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #598
Berta48

Quote:
Thanks all for the kind words! xoxoxo
Old 08-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #599
Senior LCF Member

I lost another lb yesterday and weighed in at 146. Today it went back up to 147!! oh well, I know I ate healthy. Maybe its fluid.

My friends are preparing a birthday celebration for me this weekend and next weekend we celebrate with our kids. I'm getting tired of eating steak, salads or grilled fish when we eat out and dont know what else to eat that would still be a treat! any suggestions?
Old 08-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #600
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Happy birthday Berta!! Have a great day!! Still not seeing too clearly, so I'm not on here as much as usual. Every other letter is a ttypo..
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote