Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #541
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Does anyone know if dried cranberries are considered off plan like raisins?
Most probably are bc most are made with sugar. Worse than raisins :-/
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 05:37 AM   #542
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Quote:
Does anyone know if dried cranberries are considered off plan like raisins?
As Glitter mentions, any dried fruit that has sugar added (and almost any kind you can get in a normal grocery store does have sugar added) are off plan. If you can find some that do not have any added ingredients, you should be okay.

So gang, I am back from a wonderfully relaxing vacation. We spent some time up in lovely Saratoga Springs, NY and some time on the beach here at home. But after a week of eating every dinner out it's time to buckle under and get back OP!!

Tonight, I'm doing chicken breasts (on the bone) roasted in the oven with a balsamic vinegar, roasted red pepper, garlic and rosemary glaze.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

2014 Running Miles: 224
2014 Walking Miles: 214
2014 Biking Miles: 380
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #543
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
Thanks, Glitter and Wiz for the info. The cranberries were on my salad in a restaurant but I don't believe there was any added sugar. They serve the salad with candied pecans too but I had them leave those off. Didn't think of the cranberries being not OP till the salad was in front of me.

Last edited by Gmomof7; 08-19-2013 at 07:57 AM..
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #544
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
So gang, I am back from a wonderfully relaxing vacation. We spent some time up in lovely Saratoga Springs, NY and some time on the beach here at home. But after a week of eating every dinner out it's time to buckle under and get back OP!!

Tonight, I'm doing chicken breasts (on the bone) roasted in the oven with a balsamic vinegar, roasted red pepper, garlic and rosemary glaze.

Hope everyone is doing well!!
oh that sounds fabulous.. enjoy vacation with your OP choices yum

Quote:
Thanks, Glitter and Wiz for the info. The cranberries were on my salad in a restaurant but I don't believe there was any added sugar. They serve the salad with candied pecans too but I had them leave those off. Didn't think of the cranberries being not OP till the salad was in front of me.
cranberries most def have added sugar if you got them in a restaurant.. they are extremely tart otherwise.. It'll be okay, you know now that they aren't OP
Old 08-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #545
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Quote:
oh that sounds fabulous.. enjoy vacation with your OP choices yum

cranberries most def have added sugar if you got them in a restaurant.. they are extremely tart otherwise.. It'll be okay, you know now that they aren't OP
Oh we'll.. Guess I'll gain back the lb I've been losing and regaining for over a week.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #546
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Morning Gang
Well today was my wiegh in. I was up .2 .But do not know why. But it's ok. I am still moving forward taht .2 will be gone by tomorrow

Today we are going to have Pok Loin ribs, coleslaw & sliced tomatoes for supper. I will add BBQ sauce to DH, but mine I will eat plain.

I had a Tbacon lettuce and tomatoe sandwich for Brunch. The bread I eat is the thins sandiwch slices. I really like them. Multigrain whole Grain too!I don't even buy much bread any longer. Just one loaf for in case I want a slice of toast for breakfast. But I normally eat Brunch,so breakfast & lunch combined.

Hope everyone is doing good and has a great week.

Last edited by Berta48; 08-19-2013 at 10:20 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #547
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nikki1261
I am brand new to South Beach and hope i am doing okay. Would love to feed back for my menu today.
Breakfast
Scrambled egg with low fat cheese and peppers
V-8
Snack:
String cheese
Lunch:
Deli Turkey shredded with Guacomoley and peppers and onions mixed together
also some cucumbers
snack:
cottage cheese / frozen sugar free popsicle
Dinner:
Stir fry with chicken and vegies

Does this sound good or should i change anything?
Nikki1261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #548
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Hi Nikki
If I remember correctly, we should be having 1/2 cup veggies with breakfast, then 2 cups for lunch and 2 cups for dinner. (Or as close as we can get)! I know I have lots of trouble getting in that many vegetables. I have better luck with salads, to tell the truth. The V-8 does count for a veggie, so that's good. Peppers and onions are good, too. Sounds like you're off to a good start. Let us know how you're doing.
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #549
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki1261 View Post
I am brand new to South Beach and hope i am doing okay. Would love to feed back for my menu today.
Breakfast
Scrambled egg with low fat cheese and peppers
V-8
Snack:
String cheese
Lunch:
Deli Turkey shredded with Guacomoley and peppers and onions mixed together
also some cucumbers
snack:
cottage cheese / frozen sugar free popsicle
Dinner:
Stir fry with chicken and vegies

Does this sound good or should i change anything?
Nickki
I am not a vet SBeacher but it looks good to me.But don't forget the water, that is important.And it can be carbonated.That helps me ALOT!!

Make sure the turkey hasn't any MSG or corn syrup in it!It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to read labels.It is a pain but it becomes second nature after awhile.You are allowed 1 SF Fudgcicle too!Or up to 100 cal. a day.The ones I use are 70cal and the popcicles are 30 so sometimes I have both throughout the day!

Welcome to SOUTH BEACH.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #550
Senior LCF Member

Great menu, just be sure to eat the minimum veg and drink water. Please stop by again soon!

Soups on the stove, Kalyn's Kitchen sausage cannelini bean. Costco sells some great chicken sausage.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #551
Senior LCF Member

Hi Nikki- welcome! Your menu looks good to me. As far as veggies you can make a breakfast casserole using chopped broccoli or a veggie of your choice to increase your veggie intake. You can search the files for a recipe. I'd post one for you but I'm having poor Internet service where I'm at and don't want to lose post. Good luck and post often!
Lola
Old 08-20-2013, 06:19 AM   #552
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!!

I got in a great 4-mile run this morning, it was beautiful out.

Yesterday, I did a very clean Phase 1 day to de-tox from vacation. I plan to do about 3 to 4 days on Phase 1, until I feel a bit less bloated. Too much fun, I guess!

Nikki, welcome!! Leafy greens are your friend on SB!! I don't know if you like salads, but they are a great way to get your veggies in.

Tonight's dinner is marinating in the fridge: pork tenderloins with olive oil, red wine vinegar, fresh lime juice, chopped fresh garlic and cilantro. We'll throw it on the grill and have a huge salad with lots of VERY RIPE Jersey tomatoes. Yum-o!!

Have a good day Beachers!!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #553
Berta48

Quote:
Good morning!!

I got in a great 4-mile run this morning, it was beautiful out.

Yesterday, I did a very clean Phase 1 day to de-tox from vacation. I plan to do about 3 to 4 days on Phase 1, until I feel a bit less bloated. Too much fun, I guess!

Nikki, welcome!! Leafy greens are your friend on SB!! I don't know if you like salads, but they are a great way to get your veggies in.

Tonight's dinner is marinating in the fridge: pork tenderloins with olive oil, red wine vinegar, fresh lime juice, chopped fresh garlic and cilantro. We'll throw it on the grill and have a huge salad with lots of VERY RIPE Jersey tomatoes. Yum-o!!

Have a good day Beachers!!
Hi Tracy
Man you put me to shame with your exercise. I am just so old and my bones just don't want to move anymore. I wish they would!!!
Have a great day!!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #554
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Hi Tracy
Man you put me to shame with your exercise. I am just so old and my bones just don't want to move anymore. I wish they would!!!
Have a great day!!
Ha Berta!! I consider myself 53 years YOUNG . I hope to keep exercising for a long, long time. My Mom, who is 75, walks briskly for about 3.5 miles six days a week and my Dad, who is 87, swims laps 5 days a week. I come from a long line of exercise nuts!!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #555
Berta48

Quote:
Ha Berta!! I consider myself 53 years YOUNG . I hope to keep exercising for a long, long time. My Mom, who is 75, walks briskly for about 3.5 miles six days a week and my Dad, who is 87, swims laps 5 days a week. I come from a long line of exercise nuts!!
I will be 65 the 26th of this month and my rhuemetoid arthritis is my worst problem.That and my degenerative disk disease and bone on bone in my knees Other than that I am fine
Old 08-21-2013, 05:31 AM   #556
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all!!

Guess what today is?? Two for One burger night at our favorite local pub I typically get the pizza burger (mozz and marinara sauce), no roll, and a side salad. My husband, of course, indulges in not only the big white roll but the fries too. Everyone is happy!

I just finished up another 4 mile run, and I will do some upper body weights at lunch time. (The beauty of working in a home office )

I've got a "quiche" in the oven with leftover zucchini, tomatoes, onion, fennel from last night's dinner.

How's everybody else doing?
Old 08-21-2013, 05:38 AM   #557
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
Start Date: June 2013
Looks like this morning for breakfast will be mushroom/spinach/onion/pinch of rosemary/egg beater omelet topped with salsa. FF cottage cheese and coffee.

Planning on doing phase 1 for the next couple of days. Need to see some results....Now that I am exercising regularly I expected to see results and nothing has moved on the scale for the last 4 days. Getting in 9 glasses of water per day. It has to be my diet, so hardcore for me a couple of days.

Cheese stick and 15 almonds for snack

Fish for lunch with a side of seedless cucumbers/cherry tomatoes
cooked green beans
4 1/2 cups of water

Hummus and peppers for snack 2

Chicken breast (made somehow)
grilled vegis
Homemade healthy coleslaw
4 1/2 cups water
sugar free jello for dessert

Busy day....off to school to set up classroom, need to go buy shoes.
Gonna be hot today, invited daughter and grandgirls for lunch and swimming. (exercise!)
Husband has a job interview today at 4:30. Nervous!!

Started a "planking" exercise challenge from pinterest. Works the core.
Have a fabulous Wednesday all!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:19 AM   #558
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Looks like this morning for breakfast will be mushroom/spinach/onion/pinch of rosemary/egg beater omelet topped with salsa. FF cottage cheese and coffee.

Planning on doing phase 1 for the next couple of days. Need to see some results....Now that I am exercising regularly I expected to see results and nothing has moved on the scale for the last 4 days. Getting in 9 glasses of water per day. It has to be my diet, so hardcore for me a couple of days.

cooked green beans
4 1/2 cups of water

grilled vegis
4 1/2 cups water

Gonna be hot today, invited daughter and grandgirls for lunch and swimming. (exercise!)

It's typical for the scale to stop moving once you introduce exercise.. it could be a week or more.. you are retaining more water.. the body fat scales work best to see what's going on with your body once you introduce exercise. The exercise forum goes over that quite a lot so try searching there

Best wishes for the job interview!

Hoping for an easy surgery for gailbayne today

I can't believe it's Wednesday.. work started very early today.. left my lunch at home too :-/ looks like I'll be going to saladworks today.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:43 AM   #559
Senior LCF Member

Jeri- I know the feeling when the scale doesn't move. It's discouraging but stick with what you're doing. You're doing great with your commitment to diet and exercise and you will see and feel a difference even if the scale doesn't immediately show it.

Penny- keep us informed as to how the surgery went. I know you'll do great!

Wiz- you're exercise routine is amazing! I used to walk/run fast on my treadmill for an hour a day and I used to walk/run up and down stairs every chance I had to get my heart rate up. Unfortunately I think it did something to my knees so can't do that anymore. :-(

Glitter- a restaurant designated to only serving salads? I'm envious!! I'd live in there!

Berta- Hi!! :-)

Today my scale finally moved another lb after a week so I'm at 147.5. I've finally reached my first goal of 10 lbs lost, 10 lbs to go! I've been doing SB for 2 months.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #560
Senior LCF Member

Hi everybody. Surgery went well, little more intense than I thought. (Me being my usual scardy cat, is all)! Trying to get adjusted. Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes. I really appreciate it! More later.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #561
Berta48

Quote:
Hello all!!

Guess what today is?? Two for One burger night at our favorite local pub I typically get the pizza burger (mozz and marinara sauce), no roll, and a side salad. My husband, of course, indulges in not only the big white roll but the fries too. Everyone is happy!

I just finished up another 4 mile run, and I will do some upper body weights at lunch time. (The beauty of working in a home office )

I've got a "quiche" in the oven with leftover zucchini, tomatoes, onion, fennel from last night's dinner.

How's everybody else doing?
What does fennel taste like? We are going to a Whole Foods next week as we are going to visit DH sister in Wichita for a four days and I want to make a trip to a Whole Foods Grocery Store.Never have been to one!Have you?

I guess I am doing ok.I have had a couple cheats the last couple of days don't know what got into me.But trying really hard to handle it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi everybody. Surgery went well, little more intense than I thought. (Me being my usual scaredy cat, is all)! Trying to get adjusted. Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes. I really appreciate it! More later.
So glad it is over for you and and everything is good!!! Now just get healed and join us again!!
Tomorrow is our Anniversary and we will be eating out, so my plans are steak & grilled shrimp
Quote:
Jeri- I know the feeling when the scale doesn't move. It's discouraging but stick with what you're doing. You're doing great with your commitment to diet and exercise and you will see and feel a difference even if the scale doesn't immediately show it.

Wiz- you're exercise routine is amazing! I used to walk/run fast on my treadmill for an hour a day and I used to walk/run up and down stairs every chance I had to get my heart rate up. Unfortunately I think it did something to my knees so can't do that anymore. :-(

Glitter- a restaurant designated to only serving salads? I'm envious!! I'd live in there!

Today my scale finally moved another lb after a week so I'm at 147.5. I've finally reached my first goal of 10 lbs lost, 10 lbs to go! I've been doing SB for 2 months.

Congratulations on those scales moving!!!!
We use to eat at Soup & Salad until they closed down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post

cooked green beans
4 1/2 cups of water

grilled vegis
4 1/2 cups water

For DH interview. I pray the Lord will show him favor in the interviewers eyes!

Last edited by Berta48; 08-21-2013 at 12:30 PM..
Old 08-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #562
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

so happy that your scale moved and reached your goal of 10lbs...Awesome!!!!!!
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #563
Senior LCF Member

Thanks

Thank you for all of the support. DH is at interview. Nervous for him.
Had a wonderful day of eating and exercising. Got to see my grand girls and set up my classroom. Feeling very accomplished!!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #564
Senior LCF Member

Berta- fennel has a licorice taste. Yes, we have a Whole Foods and I go there fairly often. I love that place!
Old 08-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #565
Senior LCF Member

Berta - Happy Anniversary!! Eye is still pretty sore, so I'm not doing much on here yet. Thank you to all who hung in there with me.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #566
Berta48

Has anyone noticed that SB says no measuring, weighing or tracking or stuff like that.Yet all I seem to do is measure and weigh.Why is that? I hate having to do that I am wondering if 2 TBS of cream cheese can only be eaten once a day? There seems to me to be alot of unanswered questions

Quote:
Berta- fennel has a licorice taste. Yes, we have a Whole Foods and I go there fairly often. I love that place!
What do they have SB friendly? I am going to really enjoy looking in there!!!

Quote:
Berta - Happy Anniversary!! Eye is still pretty sore, so I'm not doing much on here yet. Thank you to all who hung in there with me.
Thanks Penny,You just take care of yourself and post when you can!!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Has anyone noticed that SB says no measuring, weighing or tracking or stuff like that.Yet all I seem to do is measure and weigh.Why is that? I hate having to do that I am wondering if 2 TBS of cream cheese can only be eaten once a day? There seems to me to be alot of unanswered questions

It's a large "whole" foods grocery store with an organic produce section, a large vitamin and herb section, natural soaps and facial products, canned goods, bins of flour (whole wheat and others) that you scoop up into bags, as large or small an amount as you want. Just put the item number on the bag so the cashier can use that code to weigh it, different kinds of rice, free range meats, wine selection, etc, just like a regular store but many, many things places like Walmart doesn't carry. Their free range chickens are very white, not yellow like other stores, and it has a nice fresh seafood section. It's a bit pricier than most stores. You also get to sample lots of things like soups, nuts, cheese, etc. so there are many things you can have that's SB friendly but not all things are, so use your discretion. Sometimes there are wonderful bargains. We went in and found organic blueberries were only 1.99 a pint one day so we bought about 5 pints for the freezer. Next time we went in they were 4.99 a pint so I felt we got a great deal! There's also a bakery where they bake their own breads, cookies, freshly made coffee, etc, so it can be a tempting place! They are very friendly and accommodating and have people in different depts that are there to help you, as least in the one near me. Let us know how you liked it!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #568
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Quote:
Glad that your surgery is behind you and you can now heal! Be sure to use your eye drops to prevent infection. They should also help with any uncomfortable feeling in your eye plus it keeps them moist.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:36 AM   #569
Senior LCF Member

Morning SB friends!!

Berta - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Penny - Glad surgery went well.

My DH interview went well. They will be calling by the end of the week, either way. His current job is just so stressful and I don't believe you have to live your life being unhappy to go to work everyday. I love my job so I am fortunate.

I want to plan ahead for when I start school again. Need to have my food plan organized to make it easier to stay on plan... Gonna get some of those snack bags and put 15 Almonds in one, 30 pistachios in another. We have a student with peanut allergies so I can't snack on those in the classroom, so I will have to bring hummus and vegis.

Mom has type 2 diabetes and doesn't watch her food well and it is effecting her health. It is tough enough worrying about what I eat, now I need to focus on mom. She doesn't want to give up on eating regularly. Trying to figure out how to help her.
Still exercising and feeling good!! Enjoy your day all!!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #570
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all,

Berta, congrats on the loss!! And as Gmom mentioned, fennel does have an anisette or licorice flavor. My husband and I love it, although it can be pricey at times.

Penny, glad to hear you are recovering well! Hang in there...

Jeri, While my job now (Global Sales Director for large telecom) is very stressful, I really do like it. There is a difference between being challenged vs. being miserable. I agree that it sounds like your husband needs a change. I used to be in a job like that, and when I switched to a new position it was like this huge burden was lifted.

Gmom, I envy you having Whole Foods near by! We don't have one anywhere near the little Jersey shore beach town I live in. Our supermarket is very well stocked, but Whole Foods is another level of variety.

Glitter, do you ever go to any of the Salad Stops (in Delaware county)? My brother's buddy is one of the owners.

Speaking of work, enough fooling around. Onto my next conference call....