Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #511
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Soooo disappointed!! I just got back from my doctor's appt and I am told my cholestrol is rising everytime I get my blood checked. I eat low fat, drink my water....He tells me to exercise..move more...I can do this! I can't believe my sodium is low! I love salty and hardly ever eat sweets. He said it is genetic and I am going to the "dark place" as he called it. Menopause...I am 49 and he always makes it sound like I am turning 90. Menopause doesn't scare me. I welcome it with open arms! Unfortunately being postmenopausal it is messing with my body. Hormones getting out of whack....
So sorry.
What does he tell you to doHas he an answer for you>?Does he he give you anything to help to lower it?
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #512
Senior LCF Member
 
Jericrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 143
Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
So sorry.
What does he tell you to doHas he an answer for you>?Does he he give you anything to help to lower it?
Yes, he tells me to take medication! He believes it is genetic. I told him I want 6 months to prove it one way or another. If I can lower my numbers by exercise and eating right, I am willing to do that. My total cholesterol is 228, HDL, 79 and LDL 131 (bad stuff) My sugar was 69. Both of my parents have/had Type 2 diabetes, so I guess that is not genetic. I feel like I should stop eating all together, but that is not a great attitude.
I will get on that treadmill tomorrow morning. Gonna lay off whole eggs for 6mths and eat mostly chicken and vegi's and fruit. Oatmeal for breakfast tomorrow. I can do this combined with SB.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi Jeri
My sister is in her early 60s, exercises daily, watches her weight, drinks tons of water and still can't keep the cholesterol under control. Her dr. had to put her on meds, finally. Sometimes despite all we do, that genetic wild card will trump us.

My husband is another example. Both his parents passed away because of heart-related disorders. Genetics is a BIG factor in his health. His cardiologist has said time and time again, we can control some of the factors of heart disease, but not the genetics. He will have to be vigilant about taking care of himself and keeping up with his meds from now on.

But, that sure beats the alternative...
__________________
Working toward a healthier life!
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #513
Major LCF Poster!
 
Fit2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Jeri - That is an amazingly high HDL!! (Good cholestrol) So pat on the back for exercising, cuz that is how you raise HDL. The HDL eats away at the LDL (bad cholestrol). Ideal HDL is over 60 (yours is 79!) LDL should be less than 100, so there is a little work to do there. What was your triglycerides? Elevated triglycerides can lead to the type 2 diabetes, if both of your parents have it then you are at risk, despite having a blood sugar of 69. Your exercising is probably helping to keep your blood sugars in check too!! So, don't be discouraged. You ARE working toward a healthier life, and the numbers aren't that bad! Keep on keeping on!!
__________________
Debbie
May 2014 Up to 203 lbs
Current:197.3/196.5/196/195/194/193/192/191/190/189/188/187/186/185/184/183/182/181/180/179/178/177/176
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #514
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Jeri - That is an amazingly high HDL!! (Good cholestrol) So pat on the back for exercising, cuz that is how you raise HDL. The HDL eats away at the LDL (bad cholestrol). Ideal HDL is over 60 (yours is 79!) LDL should be less than 100, so there is a little work to do there. What was your triglycerides? Elevated triglycerides can lead to the type 2 diabetes, if both of your parents have it then you are at risk, despite having a blood sugar of 69. Your exercising is probably helping to keep your blood sugars in check too!! So, don't be discouraged. You ARE working toward a healthier life, and the numbers aren't that bad! Keep on keeping on!!
DEB'What a nice surprise to see you here!!!!Where have you been?
How are you doing after that class reunion?
I'm doing good thus far. As always I'm taking it one day at a time

Last edited by Berta48; 08-12-2013 at 08:23 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #515
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Yes, he tells me to take medication! He believes it is genetic. I told him I want 6 months to prove it one way or another. If I can lower my numbers by exercise and eating right, I am willing to do that. My total cholesterol is 228, HDL, 79 and LDL 131 (bad stuff) My sugar was 69. Both of my parents have/had Type 2 diabetes, so I guess that is not genetic. I feel like I should stop eating all together, but that is not a great attitude.
I will get on that treadmill tomorrow morning. Gonna lay off whole eggs for 6mths and eat mostly chicken and vegi's and fruit. Oatmeal for breakfast tomorrow. I can do this combined with SB.
Well, I will remember you in my daily prayer time. Jesus is the GREAT PHYSCIAN You do your part and the Lord will do the rest. He does work through people so listen to your Dr. and just hang in there
Deb that answered your post is a RN so she also knows what she is talking about

Last edited by Berta48; 08-12-2013 at 08:23 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #516
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Jeri - That is an amazingly high HDL!! (Good cholestrol) So pat on the back for exercising, cuz that is how you raise HDL. The HDL eats away at the LDL (bad cholestrol). Ideal HDL is over 60 (yours is 79!) LDL should be less than 100, so there is a little work to do there. What was your triglycerides? Elevated triglycerides can lead to the type 2 diabetes, if both of your parents have it then you are at risk, despite having a blood sugar of 69. Your exercising is probably helping to keep your blood sugars in check too!! So, don't be discouraged. You ARE working toward a healthier life, and the numbers aren't that bad! Keep on keeping on!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Yes, he tells me to take medication! He believes it is genetic. I told him I want 6 months to prove it one way or another. If I can lower my numbers by exercise and eating right, I am willing to do that. My total cholesterol is 228, HDL, 79 and LDL 131 (bad stuff) My sugar was 69. Both of my parents have/had Type 2 diabetes, so I guess that is not genetic. I feel like I should stop eating all together, but that is not a great attitude.
I will get on that treadmill tomorrow morning. Gonna lay off whole eggs for 6mths and eat mostly chicken and vegi's and fruit. Oatmeal for breakfast tomorrow. I can do this combined with SB.
Well, I will remember you in my daily prayer time. Jesus is the GREAT PHYSICIAN You do your part and the Lord will do the rest. He does work through people so listen to your Dr. and just hang in there
Deb that answered your post is a RN sp sje also knows what she is talking about
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:00 AM   #517
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 55
Gallery: lharris0702
Stats: 114/114/109
WOE: WW SFT
Start Date: restarted 2-14-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
Hi!! Nice to see you and hope it is a short journey. I use Kerrygold or Organic Valley butter. Been using xylitol (not from corn) for sweetness. Need to look up that rock sugar!
Thanks, I will look for the Organic Valley butter. I did buy the lite Smart Balance Butter spread with Flaxseed oil. I have all SB books but it has been some time since I read them and I was viewing the Supercharge and did not know on Phase 1 what to do for butter.

In past I was using the 0 spray which I know has got to be bad for you with the chemicals and as stated I am really trying to stay away as much as possible. I always did ff and am going to see how I do with low fat as I heard low fat is better for you.

Any thoughts or advice you have I would greatly appreciate it.
lharris0702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #518
Senior LCF Member
 
Jericrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 143
Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Jeri - That is an amazingly high HDL!! (Good cholestrol) So pat on the back for exercising, cuz that is how you raise HDL. The HDL eats away at the LDL (bad cholestrol). Ideal HDL is over 60 (yours is 79!) LDL should be less than 100, so there is a little work to do there. What was your triglycerides? Elevated triglycerides can lead to the type 2 diabetes, if both of your parents have it then you are at risk, despite having a blood sugar of 69. Your exercising is probably helping to keep your blood sugars in check too!! So, don't be discouraged. You ARE working toward a healthier life, and the numbers aren't that bad! Keep on keeping on!!
Ahhhhhh!
I got them mixed up. I am new at watching my cholesterol and caring about it. LDL - 131
HDL - 69

Now it doesn't look so good anymore, does it! My triglycerides were 104 (should be between 40 and 175) so I am ok there. Sorry I mixed up the numbers. Makes a big difference! Thanks for the encouragement.
I wish there was an at home cholesterol test so I could keep track of how I am doing.....
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #519
Senior LCF Member
 
Jericrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 143
Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Well, I will remember you in my daily prayer time. Jesus is the GREAT PHYSICIAN You do your part and the Lord will do the rest. He does work through people so listen to your Dr. and just hang in there
Deb that answered your post is a RN sp sje also knows what she is talking about
Thanks tons...I know I have a lot of work to do, but hopefully this will give me the kick in the pants I need!
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #520
Senior LCF Member
 
Jericrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 143
Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Ok, one last grumble for the day, (I hope)....
Decided to get on the scale this morning and it was not a happy one. Up 4 lbs. Need to get into a better routine of eating and stay away from the nuts for a while. I do feel good though, cuz I went out for breakfast and had egg white with brocolli, onions and peppers along with sliced tomatoes. Water!!!!

I had to drop off something to my mom in law and as I was leaving she said "I have just got to tell you....you look great. You are really losing weight." Hmmmmmmm.....part of me likes this and needs her approval and the other part says she is obsessed with weight and doesn't have a clue cuz I am up 4 lbs from the last time I saw her. I am wearing black so it is a slimming color. Gotta go, have a lunch at a friends and want to walk on treadmill before I go..... Thanks for listening.
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #521
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Thanks tons...I know I have a lot of work to do, but hopefully this will give me the kick in the pants I need!
Jeri
Somtimes that is what it takes. Like myself Dr. telling me either do it or take insulin SOOOO I'm doing it Hang in there my friend one day at a time!!
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:09 AM   #522
Senior LCF Member
 
Jericrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 143
Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Good Morning all!!
Eating my oatmeal like a good girl. I walked on the treadmill for 15 min yesterday. I know it doesn't sound like much but I am starting. Unfortunately my back has hurt for the past week, so I will work up to doing it longer. I know how important exercise is.
I got on the scale this morning and I am only 3 lbs up now. Gonna keep getting on the scale daily to keep me on track. Feeling good!
Going out to lunch today at a Pita House. Planning on getting a salad. Looking up the menu ahead of time.

Happy Wednesday!!!!!
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:35 AM   #523
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
hi Everyone!! I feel like I am back from the dead.. what a sickness..

I decided to start Phase 2 today and well, that didn't go so well. I had half a slice of beautiful whole grain bread from the Great Harvest Bread Co and I have heart burn! There is nothing nasty in that bread at all. What a bummer
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #524
Senior LCF Member
 
Jericrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 143
Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
hi Everyone!! I feel like I am back from the dead.. what a sickness..

I decided to start Phase 2 today and well, that didn't go so well. I had half a slice of beautiful whole grain bread from the Great Harvest Bread Co and I have heart burn! There is nothing nasty in that bread at all. What a bummer
Aw....that's disappointing!
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #525
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Hi everybody
I have also been under the weather. Had some kind of yucky something going on. Haven't felt wonderful for quite a few days. Also haven't been adhering strictly on plan either. Soooo - haven't lost anything this week.

Today we're back to basics. Hubby will grill burgers out later. Making a nice salad and having steamed broccoli. Going to try baked sweet potato fries, too. Never make them, so wish me luck.

So glad to finally be feeling ok. Never anything terribly awful, but enough to keep me inside just laying around. I CAN'T be sick anymore. Friday we're singing at the big concert at church, and next Wednesday is the cataract surgery. NO SICK!! NO SICK!! NO SICK!!....
__________________
One day at a time, Sweet Jesus. I'm trusting You to get me through!!

Penny
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #526
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Jeri
I'm sorry the whole grain bread gave you heart burn. You're just not used to it. That happened to me with half a cheese steak sub on whole grain roll. Just about killed my stomach. (Might also be why I didn't loose anything this week)! I felt so bad I just wanted to get something I knew I liked. Unfortunately, it didn't like me at all!!
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #527
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi everybody
I have also been under the weather. Had some kind of yucky something going on. Haven't felt wonderful for quite a few days. Also haven't been adhering strictly on plan either. Soooo - haven't lost anything this week.

Today we're back to basics. Hubby will grill burgers out later. Making a nice salad and having steamed broccoli. Going to try baked sweet potato fries, too. Never make them, so wish me luck.

So glad to finally be feeling ok. Never anything terribly awful, but enough to keep me inside just laying around. I CAN'T be sick anymore. Friday we're singing at the big concert at church, and next Wednesday is the cataract surgery. NO SICK!! NO SICK!! NO SICK!!....
Penny
BE WELL, BE WELL
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
hi Everyone!! I feel like I am back from the dead.. what a sickness..

I decided to start Phase 2 today and well, that didn't go so well. I had half a slice of beautiful whole grain bread from the Great Harvest Bread Co and I have heart burn! There is nothing nasty in that bread at all. What a bummer
SO sorry.Maybe you will be able to eat bread when you get completely over whatever it is you had? I can't see any reason bread would give you heart burn? Has it before this?
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #528
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi everybody
I have also been under the weather. Had some kind of yucky something going on. Haven't felt wonderful for quite a few days. Also haven't been adhering strictly on plan either. Soooo - haven't lost anything this week.

Today we're back to basics. Hubby will grill burgers out later. Making a nice salad and having steamed broccoli. Going to try baked sweet potato fries, too. Never make them, so wish me luck.

So glad to finally be feeling ok. Never anything terribly awful, but enough to keep me inside just laying around. I CAN'T be sick anymore. Friday we're singing at the big concert at church, and next Wednesday is the cataract surgery. NO SICK!! NO SICK!! NO SICK!!....
I hope you recover soon and keep it away. My husband made a delicious turkey meatloaf and lots of steamed veg as my first real meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Aw....that's disappointing!
big time

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Jeri
I'm sorry the whole grain bread gave you heart burn. You're just not used to it. That happened to me with half a cheese steak sub on whole grain roll. Just about killed my stomach. (Might also be why I didn't loose anything this week)! I felt so bad I just wanted to get something I knew I liked. Unfortunately, it didn't like me at all!!
This will be difficult but it made me feel something awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Penny
BE WELL, BE WELL


SO sorry.Maybe you will be able to eat bread when you get completely over whatever it is you had? I can't see any reason bread would give you heart burn? Has it before this?
Wheat is a trigger for heart burn for a lot of people (search on many forums results quite a few)

I have but I usually blamed coffee. Well, this morning I had eggs, broccoli, toast and water.

making a pork loin tonight with brown rice and steamed broccoli.
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #529
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
I hope you recover soon and keep it away. My husband made a delicious turkey meatloaf and lots of steamed veg as my first real meal.



big time


This will be difficult but it made me feel something awful.


Wheat is a trigger for heart burn for a lot of people (search on many forums results quite a few)

I have but I usually blamed coffee. Well, this morning I had eggs, broccoli, toast and water.

making a pork loin tonight with brown rice and steamed broccoli.
You know now that I think about,I have heard of wheatbelly.Whatever that is??? Did the toast give you heartburn ?

I am making meatloaf for Saturday evening. Tonight I fixed salmon patties with fresh green beans, WW macoroni & RF cheese and fresh green beans with sliced tomatoes and we had SF pudding for our snack later on.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #530
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
You know now that I think about,I have heard of wheatbelly.Whatever that is??? Did the toast give you heartburn ?

I am making meatloaf for Saturday evening. Tonight I fixed salmon patties with fresh green beans, WW macoroni & RF cheese and fresh green beans with sliced tomatoes and we had SF pudding for our snack later on.
I have heard of the book by that name. Now I got a different loaf with a different wheat and no reaction! Hmm.

what recipe for salmon patties?

I had such a great day yesterday. I even ate OP at the aquarium! Went to the farmers market today and got some great produce. Tonight we will have tacos I love taco salad so much
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #531
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
I have heard of the book by that name. Now I got a different loaf with a different wheat and no reaction! Hmm.

what recipe for salmon patties?

I had such a great day yesterday. I even ate OP at the aquarium! Went to the farmers market today and got some great produce. Tonight we will have tacos I love taco salad so much
Glitter
It is nice to be able to eat out and stick with plan isn't it? Can't say that about a lot of the diet plans out there.

For salmon patties I just use canned salmon, eggs, cheese, and chopped onion. I don't have an actual recipe. I just wing it Sometimes I add two servings of whole grain Benton crackers, and it makes 8 patties or four serv. with 2 salmon patties each.We eat green beans with them if I add the crackers. If not, we eat peas with them. We really like them.

I am glad you were able to eat bread . It was probably you just weren't completely ever what ever you had.

We at pancakes and T bacon this morning with SF syrup and v8 juice

Here is the recipe for the pancakes.....
I used Bob Red Mills Whole grain Oat Flour but you can just grin reg. oatmeal up in a food processor and it is much cheaper that way. I just keep mine in the fridge so I had it on hand.

Pancakes
....Makes 8 - 4 in. Pancakes
1c RF Milk
3/4 c Rolled oats
3/4 c Whole Grain Oat Flour
2 tbs. Sweetener
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 beaten egg yolk
1 Tbs. Olive Oil
2 egg whites

Instructions.
Heat milk until hot. Stir in oats and let stand for 5 min. COMBINE remaining dry ingredients in a mixing bowl then ADD oat/milk mixture. ADD egg yolks and oil into the mix. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then FOLD into batter. Makes 8 - 4 in pancakes.

Last edited by Berta48; 08-17-2013 at 08:02 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #532
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Glitter
It is nice to be able to eat out and stick with plan isn't it? Can't say that about a lot of the diet plans out there.

For salmon patties I just use canned salmon, eggs, cheese, and chopped onion. I don't have an actual recipe. I just wing it Sometimes I add two servings of whole grain Benton crackers, and it makes 8 patties or four serv. with 2 salmon patties each.We eat green beans with them if I add the crackers. If not, we eat peas with them. We really like them.

I am glad you were able to eat bread . It was probably you just weren't completely ever what ever you had.

We at pancakes and T bacon this morning with SF syrup and v8 juice

Here is the recipe for the pancakes.....
I used Bob Red Mills Whole grain Oat Flour but you can just grin reg. oatmeal up in a food processor and it is much cheaper that way. I just keep mine in the fridge so I had it on hand.

Pancakes
....Makes 8 - 4 in. Pancakes
1c RF Milk
3/4 c Rolled oats
3/4 c Whole Grain Oat Flour
2 tbs. Sweetener
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 beaten egg yolk
1 Tbs. Olive Oil
2 egg whites

Instructions.
Heat milk until hot. Stir in oats and let stand for 5 min. COMBINE remaining dry ingredients in a mixing bowl then ADD oat/milk mixture. ADD egg yolks and oil into the mix. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then FOLD into batter. Makes 8 - 4 in pancakes.
Pancake recipe sounds good! Might have to try that once we are back home. Hubby and I tried salmon in a restaurant yesterday for the first time but didn't care for the taste. Was disappointed as that would have given us more variety of fish. I do love rainbow trout, cod, haddock and tilapia.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #533
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Glitter
It is nice to be able to eat out and stick with plan isn't it? Can't say that about a lot of the diet plans out there.

For salmon patties I just use canned salmon, eggs, cheese, and chopped onion. I don't have an actual recipe. I just wing it Sometimes I add two servings of whole grain Benton crackers, and it makes 8 patties or four serv. with 2 salmon patties each.We eat green beans with them if I add the crackers. If not, we eat peas with them. We really like them.

I am glad you were able to eat bread . It was probably you just weren't completely ever what ever you had.

We at pancakes and T bacon this morning with SF syrup and v8 juice

Here is the recipe for the pancakes.....
I used Bob Red Mills Whole grain Oat Flour but you can just grin reg. oatmeal up in a food processor and it is much cheaper that way. I just keep mine in the fridge so I had it on hand.

Pancakes
....Makes 8 - 4 in. Pancakes
1c RF Milk
3/4 c Rolled oats
3/4 c Whole Grain Oat Flour
2 tbs. Sweetener
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 beaten egg yolk
1 Tbs. Olive Oil
2 egg whites

Instructions.
Heat milk until hot. Stir in oats and let stand for 5 min. COMBINE remaining dry ingredients in a mixing bowl then ADD oat/milk mixture. ADD egg yolks and oil into the mix. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then FOLD into batter. Makes 8 - 4 in pancakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
I have heard of the book by that name. Now I got a different loaf with a different wheat and no reaction! Hmm.

what recipe for salmon patties?

I had such a great day yesterday. I even ate OP at the aquarium! Went to the farmers market today and got some great produce. Tonight we will have tacos I love taco salad so much
Glitter- happy to hear your virus/flu bug is over and that you're able to enjoy your food again! I love taco salad too but my taco seasoning packets contain sugar. I need to find a recipe that doesn't have any.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #534
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
I like simple recipes! Sounds good.

Salmon tastes vary between real wild caught and farmed. Most restaurants served the farmed stuffed so don't give up on it!

I got on the scale this morning, down 3lbs! Woo hoo! Also ordered a Vitamix from QVC in turquoise. Thinking of making my own veggie juice, I just can't stand the taste of V8 so maybe one made with less tomatoes would be nice. Anyone own a vitamix have some south beach recipes?
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #535
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Glitter- happy to hear your virus/flu bug is over and that you're able to enjoy your food again! I love taco salad too but my taco seasoning packets contain sugar. I need to find a recipe that doesn't have any.
Web search homemade Taco Seasoning or check out Lindas low carb recipes there is a Taco seasoning in one of those two places.I have it but no time right no to look it up. If I find it tomorrow or sometime next week I will post it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
I like simple recipes! Sounds good.

Salmon tastes vary between real wild caught and farmed. Most restaurants served the farmed stuffed so don't give up on it!

I got on the scale this morning, down 3lbs! Woo hoo! Also ordered a Vitamix from QVC in turquoise. Thinking of making my own veggie juice, I just can't stand the taste of V8 so maybe one made with less tomatoes would be nice. Anyone own a vitamix have some south beach recipes?
I only like canned Salmon for some strange reason
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #536
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
I have been using 100 days or real food taco seasoning. Works great!
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #537
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Web search homemade Taco Seasoning or check out Lindas low carb recipes there is a Taco seasoning in one of those two places.I have it but no time right no to look it up. If I find it tomorrow or sometime next week I will post it!


I only like canned Salmon for some strange reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
I like simple recipes! Sounds good.

Salmon tastes vary between real wild caught and farmed. Most restaurants served the farmed stuffed so don't give up on it!

I got on the scale this morning, down 3lbs! Woo hoo! Also ordered a Vitamix from QVC in turquoise. Thinking of making my own veggie juice, I just can't stand the taste of V8 so maybe one made with less tomatoes would be nice. Anyone own a vitamix have some south beach recipes?
that's a great weight loss!!!

Last edited by Gmomof7; 08-18-2013 at 05:31 PM..
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #538
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Yes, he tells me to take medication! He believes it is genetic. I told him I want 6 months to prove it one way or another. If I can lower my numbers by exercise and eating right, I am willing to do that. My total cholesterol is 228, HDL, 79 and LDL 131 (bad stuff) My sugar was 69. Both of my parents have/had Type 2 diabetes, so I guess that is not genetic. I feel like I should stop eating all together, but that is not a great attitude.
I will get on that treadmill tomorrow morning. Gonna lay off whole eggs for 6mths and eat mostly chicken and vegi's and fruit. Oatmeal for breakfast tomorrow. I can do this combined with SB.
Cholesterol is genetic for my family too. My Mom uses omega 3s to help. She is probably diabetic (told us her doctor said borderline but I have a feeling she is lieing) but her cholesterol is in great shape.

Always remember it is one risk factor for heart disease. You can do it ! Gotta buckle down, eat well and keep moving.
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #539
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Does anyone know if dried cranberries are considered off plan like raisins?
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #540
Senior LCF Member
 
Jericrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 143
Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Wonderful Weekend

I had the best weekend! Went up to our 5 acres with my hubby and bestie and her hubby. My bestie is really into exercise. She has lost 55 lbs and is feeling strong. She and I did two 3 mile walks and did some crunches, squats, planking and I did great. I know tomorrow it will be painful in my legs and butt and abdomen, but it is so worth it. I love working out with friends. Muscles need a work out. At OP the whole weekend with lots of water and exercise. Feeling good Hoping this will jumpstart me into exercise. I love walking outdoors. We shall see what tomorrow brings. Need to plan my meals for the week and then for next week (vacation) then I am back to school/work and have to plan my daily meal plans.
Tired so off to bed. I need to get my 8 hours....

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend....Talk to you all tomorrow!
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:46 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.