Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Glitter - I'm so sorry you folks are sick. It is NO fun at all. Feel better soon.

Jeri - I think you look marvelous!! Don't listen to what others say. You are going to have ups and downs, take it from me, I know all about that. Try to find your motivation and get back on the bandwagon. Tomorrow is a new day, make up your mind that it will be a good day of eating well. Sometimes you have to take it one day at a time. With me, sometimes it's one hour at a time.

Berta, I know just what you mean. Sometimes when people look at me cross-wise because of my weight, I want to say to them "Look, I'm doing the best that I can. Get over yourself"!! Usually, I am not that bothered by other people's attitudes, thankfully!!
Thanks... Today is a new day....Just need a reminder once in awhile..
Started the day eating right!!
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Thai Peanut Sauce. Super easy & they say it's great on noodles or veggies: I use it to marinade chicken or pork then grill....1 tbsp natural peanut butter, 2 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp soy sauce, water. I mix it up until it is a consistency to rub on meat. This is wonderful!!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #483
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Morning Friends
Well today I was up 2 lbs and I have absolutely no idea why(Can't seem to stay off those scales)

I am wondering if drinking carbonated water would do that as that is what I have been drinking..... Carbonated flavored water.

Also I vave a question.... I have Almond Flour and Coconut Flour Recipe Books and I know the recipes are very tasty as I used them last time I was on SB. But I do not know how to count the recipes. It tells how many serving etc. but no nutrition info.

Just say for instance if I made an almond flour zuchinni bread would that be a starch? Or if I made a quiche what would I count that as?Or cookies or casserole etc.

I really want to start incorporating some of these recipes into our daily living, but not if it will stop my losses.

Any advice or information is appreciated!!!

I did make cupcakes from coconut flour yesterday for my girls in my class Wednesday evening and it was so funny.Do you all remember me telling you that last week I made WW cookies and we threw them out? Well last night they didn't want to try the cupcakes as they thought I had made them with the WW again. So when I told them they were from coconut flour they ate one and liked them.

I made the icing from RF cream cheese, a bit of RF Hood Calorie Countdown Choc. Milk(sweetened with Splenda) and tad of Splenda and unsweetened Cocoa, it was very tasty They liked them. So I was off the hook and redeemed myself from those dreaded WW cookies

Last edited by Berta48; 08-08-2013 at 08:12 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #484
Senior LCF Member

I stayed on plan all day!!! Feeling good!! I made an incredible salad with Romaine, Spinach, cubed pork loin, olives, soynuts, parmesan, boiled egg and olive oil & red wine vinegar. I love it when something tastes soooo good and is healthy. Tomorrow morning I plan on making a spinach and tomato omelet. Later tonight, snack of FF/SF pistachio pudding. Have a great night all.

Berta,
Not sure about the counts but I would say use your best judgement and remember portion control on things like those. Best of luck...
Old 08-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #485
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
I stayed on plan all day!!! Feeling good!! I made an incredible salad with Romaine, Spinach, cubed pork loin, olives, soynuts, parmesan, boiled egg and olive oil & red wine vinegar. I love it when something tastes soooo good and is healthy. Tomorrow morning I plan on making a spinach and tomato omelet. Later tonight, snack of FF/SF pistachio pudding. Have a great night all.

Berta,
Not sure about the counts but I would say use your best judgement and remember portion control on things like those. Best of luck...
Jeri
I was thinking about it today and decided if it says four servings or whatever then just eat one serving!That shold do it.Then if there is flour or macoroni in it count it as a starch

CONGRTULATIONS on staying OP We have to do this journey one day at a time!!! But we can do it

Last edited by Berta48; 08-08-2013 at 04:25 PM..
Old 08-09-2013, 05:08 AM   #486
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Good morning!!

One last work day and it is vacation time. woo hoo!! We are heading up to Saratoga Springs, NY for some horse racing and relaxation. Beside the wonderful 150-year old track, Saratoga is loaded with cute shops, great restaurants, Victorian architecture and lots of history. And Lake George is a 20 minute drive away. Even though we love living at the beach...sometimes you need a break from it!

Last night's veggie was a huge skillet of zucchini, red onion, and a can of fire roasted tomatoes. I used the leftovers for my breakfast quiche today. I use a layer of RF cheddar jack cheese, then a pile of the zucchini, topped with 5 to 6 beaten eggs. Bake at 375 for about 35 minutes. Yum

Jeri, good for you! And your salad sounds delish...minus those pesky olives

Berta, I really do not use any of those type of flours, etc. For example, I make all my quiches crustless these days. They taste just as good in my mind. So I can't really advise you on portion size.

Glitter, hope everyone is feeling better soon!!

Penny, how are things coming along for you this week?

Gmom, After 5 years of SB, I really don't crave bread anymore at all, or sweets for that matter. I enjoy them when I have them, but I can walk away too.

To be honest, my biggest problem is just eating TOO MUCH. I am horrible with portion control. Night-time snacking is another vice of mine. Oh well, I have kept over 30 lbs off for 5 years, so I must be doing something right. I just wish I could get back to my goal weight, but these 7 to 8 lbs just don't want to go anywhere...

I may not check in very often during vacay...so I hope everyone has a good week!!

2014 Running Miles: 285
2014 Walking Miles: 278
2014 Biking Miles: 441
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #487
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Good morning!!

One last work day and it is vacation time. woo hoo!! We are heading up to Saratoga Springs, NY for some horse racing and relaxation. Beside the wonderful 150-year old track, Saratoga is loaded with cute shops, great restaurants, Victorian architecture and lots of history. And Lake George is a 20 minute drive away. Even though we love living at the beach...sometimes you need a break from it!

Last night's veggie was a huge skillet of zucchini, red onion, and a can of fire roasted tomatoes. I used the leftovers for my breakfast quiche today. I use a layer of RF cheddar jack cheese, then a pile of the zucchini, topped with 5 to 6 beaten eggs. Bake at 375 for about 35 minutes. Yum

Jeri, good for you! And your salad sounds delish...minus those pesky olives

Berta, I really do not use any of those type of flours, etc. For example, I make all my quiches crustless these days. They taste just as good in my mind. So I can't really advise you on portion size.

Glitter, hope everyone is feeling better soon!!

Penny, how are things coming along for you this week?

Gmom, After 5 years of SB, I really don't crave bread anymore at all, or sweets for that matter. I enjoy them when I have them, but I can walk away too.

To be honest, my biggest problem is just eating TOO MUCH. I am horrible with portion control. Night-time snacking is another vice of mine. Oh well, I have kept over 30 lbs off for 5 years, so I must be doing something right. I just wish I could get back to my goal weight, but these 7 to 8 lbs just don't want to go anywhere...

I may not check in very often during vacay...so I hope everyone has a good week!!
Love that you caught up with everyone!!

You are amazing! Keeping it off is wonderful. You are doing something right!
your vacation sounds great. I love traveling. Sounds like you do too. Enjoy!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #488
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Quote:
Love that you caught up with everyone!!

You are amazing! Keeping it off is wonderful. You are doing something right!
your vacation sounds great. I love traveling. Sounds like you do too. Enjoy!
Thanks Jeri! I've been a size 8 jean, size 10 dress pant for 5 years now (I am 5' 5") and it feels great. I was a size 16 when I started SB. I kept my biggest pair of pants and every once in a while, I try them on again to remind myself that I NEVER want to go back there again.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #489
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning all!!
I made an omelet of 2 eggs, one egg white, diced tomatoes, green onions and spinach and cheese. Coffee and a banana. Tasted fabulous..

My back is hurting for the 3rd day in a row. Feeling sorry for myself but trying to keep busy cuz I am busy... Lunch....thinking I will make the same salad I made yesterday...yum
Going away for the weekend to our "Shed". We redid an old shed and made it into a cabin in the woods (5 acres) This is our getaway. We cook a lot over an open fire and have to be creative. I love it!! We also go for long walks. No electricity or running water. Harder to keep cold things cold. Have to use a cooler with ice. We sit around the campfire and have peanuts that have to be shelled and we throw the shells in the fire. I do a lot of relaxing and reading.
I have to prepare ahead of time what we are going to eat. Fajitas is a great choice. Cheese sticks, eggs and salad (a bit hard to keep for too long without a fridge) Making deviled eggs to bring for a snack, with carrots and hummus.
Just wanted to share.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Thanks Jeri! I've been a size 8 jean, size 10 dress pant for 5 years now (I am 5' 5") and it feels great. I was a size 16 when I started SB. I kept my biggest pair of pants and every once in a while, I try them on again to remind myself that I NEVER want to go back there again.

Wow!! Awesome! I am a size 12ish...
Sometimes a 10 depending what the material is. I would love to see an 8 again, but a straight 10 would be fabulous. I am also 5'5". I need to get on the exercise habit.
I am so glad we have this site and that I came across this site. Gives me hope when I hear your story. I love everyone's ideas and support! Thanks for sharing..
Old 08-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #491
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Hi everybody -
I am heading for a challenge today. We are celebrating birthdays this evening. My husband and my niece. Guess who was asked to make the birthday cake??? ME!! I was also told we were going to order in pizza because everybody is busy right up until party time. I told my sister "look, I have worked too hard to get this 8 pounds off, and I want to continue. I am not eating regular pizza." So I am bringing a big pot of home-made South Beach friendly chili. Hubby is in the kitchen right now fixing it!! (One of the few things he will attempt to cook)!!

I have surprised myself about the sweets. There was a big cake brought in at choir Wednesday night. Didn't even tempt me. I walked away from it and started visiting with some other ladies who were not indulging. Worked fine. Didn't even bother me when Jake had a slice of it in front of me. (Bad husband)!! I really believe that I will be able to make that lemon pound cake for everybody, and I will NOT eat any.

I have some boneless pork ribs that I put in a ziplock, then added a great marinade and froze it. We will be having it next week.

SPICY SWEET GLAZED RIBS

2 pounds boneless pork ribs
5 garlic cloves, minced
2/3 cup low sugar apricot preserves (or sugarfree to be strictly on plan)
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
dash tabasco

Thaw in fridge overnight. Dump contents into baking dish and cook in 350 degree oven until done (30 - 40 minutes)

Hope everybody has a great week-end.

Penny
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #492
Senior LCF Member

Jeri
What a great get-away!! I am so envious! Although the lack of power would be a challenge for me. (Ha - I'm such a hot-house flower)!! I know you will love it!!
Old 08-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #493
Senior LCF Member

Wiz -
Have a wonderful time on your vacation. Just remember to eat smart as much as you can! (I don't need to tell you that)!! (Tell me to hush)!!
Old 08-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #494
Berta48

Quote:
Good Morning all!!
I made an omelet of 2 eggs, one egg white, diced tomatoes, green onions and spinach and cheese. Coffee and a banana. Tasted fabulous..

My back is hurting for the 3rd day in a row. Feeling sorry for myself but trying to keep busy cuz I am busy... Lunch....thinking I will make the same salad I made yesterday...yum
Going away for the weekend to our "Shed". We redid an old shed and made it into a cabin in the woods (5 acres) This is our getaway. We cook a lot over an open fire and have to be creative. I love it!! We also go for long walks. No electricity or running water. Harder to keep cold things cold. Have to use a cooler with ice. We sit around the campfire and have peanuts that have to be shelled and we throw the shells in the fire. I do a lot of relaxing and reading.
I have to prepare ahead of time what we are going to eat. Fajitas is a great choice. Cheese sticks, eggs and salad (a bit hard to keep for too long without a fridge) Making deviled eggs to bring for a snack, with carrots and hummus.
Just wanted to share.
Jeri
Sounds like you are planning and that is a good thing.
I want to go with you to your shed, can I ?can I ?can I huh? HUH???? It does sound like fun I love things like that.My DH is not into anything but watching TVBut I ...

We are ahivng taco salad tonight and lunch for me is tBacon on thin sandwich bun tomato and lettuce with mayo,Celery w/rf cream cheese on the side

Quote:
Wow!! Awesome! I am a size 12ish...
Sometimes a 10 depending what the material is. I would love to see an 8 again, but a straight 10 would be fabulous. I am also 5'5". I need to get on the exercise habit.
I am so glad we have this site and that I came across this site. Gives me hope when I hear your story. I love everyone's ideas and support! Thanks for sharing..
8's 10's??? man that sounds more like my shoe size I would be VERY EXTREMELY happy to be in a 14 or 12

Quote:
Hi everybody -
I am heading for a challenge today. We are celebrating birthdays this evening. My husband and my niece. Guess who was asked to make the birthday cake??? ME!! I was also told we were going to order in pizza because everybody is busy right up until party time. I told my sister "look, I have worked too hard to get this 8 pounds off, and I want to continue. I am not eating regular pizza." So I am bringing a big pot of home-made South Beach friendly chili. Hubby is in the kitchen right now fixing it!! (One of the few things he will attempt to cook)!!

I have surprised myself about the sweets. There was a big cake brought in at choir Wednesday night. Didn't even tempt me. I walked away from it and started visiting with some other ladies who were not indulging. Worked fine. Didn't even bother me when Jake had a slice of it in front of me. (Bad husband)!! I really believe that I will be able to make that lemon pound cake for everybody, and I will NOT eat any.

I have some boneless pork ribs that I put in a ziplock, then added a great marinade and froze it. We will be having it next week.

SPICY SWEET GLAZED RIBS

2 pounds boneless pork ribs
5 garlic cloves, minced
2/3 cup low sugar apricot preserves (or sugarfree to be strictly on plan)
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
dash tabasco

Thaw in fridge overnight. Dump contents into baking dish and cook in 350 degree oven until done (30 - 40 minutes)

Hope everybody has a great week-end.
That sounds very yummy Are ribs SB friendly though as we have some baby back ribs in the freezer and we LOVE them

CONGRATULATIONS on passing up the cake.Makes you proud of yourself doesn't it? I know it does me when I pass something up like that.
As for the pizza, just eat the toppings off the crust. That is what my DH does and he isn't even trying to lose weight!

You can make a individual pizza really easy from a whole grain pita bread.Or even a tortilla.It probably wouldn't be to hard to make crust from WW flour too.

I found my old SB Recipe Books today and there are alot of recipes in them I am going to try.The phases are right along with the recipes and the serving size.
I will you use your God given will power today!!!! to your husband too!!
Old 08-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gmomof7
Hi all- we've been camping since Wednesday with 3 of our grandkids at the State Park here. It was fun but cooking outside in 95 degrees which feels like 105 was no picnic! We had hotdogs one meal and those were my first weiners in over a month. I had 2. I fixed cheeseburgers another meal and didn't eat it with a bun. I served veggies at each meal, and hubby and I used lettuce leaves as our bread. We didn't even have any chocolate donuts that we bought for the kids. We also had grilled fish and broccoli for lunch today. i never used to like fish hut im getting to love it now!! Bacon and eggs cooked outside in the morning is my absolute favorite campsite meal! Smells great in open air first thing in the morning. DH has been sweating so much doing fencing and gardening so he's had to drink cranberry juice to keep from getting a bladder infection. He lost 14 lbs but will put some back on with the juice. :-(. And he's done so well!! I feel sorry for him.

I am 5'7" and wear a 12 too. Mostly my clothes run medium but med can be tricky. Sometimes they're too small, sometimes too large. I want to get back into my size 8 zippered jeans and out of these elastic waists pants. My dress suits are 10's and are snug. My dress pants that are 10's are miles too small. I think men's clothing is sooo much easier to fit to size than women's.

Wiz- congrats on maintaining your weight. And those last 8 lbs might not need to come off as Dr Agaston says in the book. It might be your ideal weight your body has set for you.

Jeri- have fun camping out!! We're leaving Monday to go to Gulf Shores since the beaches will now be mostly empty.

Berta- you're doing great! I can tell your giving your food choices a lot more thought these days! Thumbs up !

Glitter- I hope you and your family are over the flu bug or virus! They can leave you weak. I know from experience. Take care!

Penny- you're getting stronger in your commitment too. Both you and Berta are doing great!!! Like the saying "Let them eat cake!" LOL You're getting healthier and slimmer with your new food choices.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out. I'm typing on iPhone so can't see entire screen without constant scrolling so if I do please forgive me!

Y'all have a great weekend!
Lola
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #496
Senior LCF Member

And I'm back to getting those horrible leg cramps. If anyone has a suggestion for me I'm all ears! I'm taking potassium pills, calcium, leg cramp pills, and a banana a day for extra potassium. Got better and today they started up again. :-(
Old 08-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #497
Berta48

Hi ALL
I have been looking at my South Beach Cookbooks and I read something very interesting.Dr.Agaston says in one of them that on PH2 you can add back in honey & molasses but in moderate quantities.SO I am happy to know when I ate the homemade bread it was ok.Because it is sooooo good .Makes great toast! Haven't eaten any for awhile it is in the fridge but think I will have some in the morning with my Tbacon & eggs.

Gmom
Yes I am making wise choices. I have all along except for those lentil snaps & Pea Crsips!

I am looking forward to weighing in Monday sure hope I have lost some more I have 7 lbs off since starting.

What PH are you on? I am guessing PH2?
Old 08-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #498
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lharris0702
Stats: 114/114/109
WOE: WW SFT
Start Date: restarted 2-14-14
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spod View Post
Hi all! Guy, I know you feel about a few days if slips and the scale shooing up. But remember - a lot of it is water!! I took a French macaron baking course on Saturday and had my first hamburger bun in months that night. I puffed up from 194 to 196, but am back to 194 a few days later. You haven't ruined all of your progress!
I tried a great new marinade recipe this week I thought I'd share. I did pork tenderloin, but it would also be great on chicken. Then yesterday I was at a play date with my son as had an amazing crust-less smoked salmon quiche. Recipes can be found here:
Quiche Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bake Recipe - Smoked Salmon Quiche Frittata Recipe
Marinade Kalyn's Kitchen®: Recipe for Savory Marinade for Grilled Chicken, Pork, or Beef (Low Carb, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free)

Ps, I hope it's ok I posted links. I just offended the LCF Gods with a comment I made last week and I promise I'm not trying to be a troublemaker!!
lharris0702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #499
Senior LCF Member

Hi everybody - Happy Saturday!
I did perfect at the birthday celebrations. I ate a plate of salad with a small amount of ranch dressing (2 sugars) and a bowl of my home made chili. AND NO BIRTHDAY CAKE!! Everybody was amazed!! "You mean you made it and you're not even going to taste it??" YES, THAT'S WHAT I MEAN!! I celebrated with a very small glass of white wine. Worked for me!! We made a whole crock-pot full of chili, and hubby said it's too much, they'll never eat it. Turns out, folks ate that instead of the greasy fattening pizza! Jake had one bite of one slice and left it right on his plate. Said the chili was so much better tasting. Well of course!! That chili was all gone by the end of the night!
Old 08-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #500
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=gailbayne;16553900]Hi everybody - Happy Saturday!
I did perfect at the birthday celebrations. I ate a plate of salad with a small amount of ranch dressing (2 sugars) and a bowl of my home made chili. AND NO BIRTHDAY CAKE!! Everybody was amazed!! "You mean you made it and you're not even going to taste it??" YES, THAT'S WHAT I MEAN!! I celebrated with a very small glass of white wine. Worked for me!! We made a whole crock-pot full of chili, and hubby said it's too much, they'll never eat it. Turns out, folks ate that instead of the greasy fattening pizza! Jake had one bite of one slice and left it right on his plate. Said the chili was so much better tasting. Well of course!! That chili was all gone by the end of the night.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #501
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: paulainks
Stats: 215/173.5/129
Start Date: June 11, 2013
how awesome that everyone is doing well. I've been absent from the board this last week and forgot how nice it is to "share the journey". I'm really trying to stay focused but I can't seem to string several "successful" on plan days. I go for 3 or 4 and then have a day or 2 of off-plan eating.

I stopped the every day weigh-in. it was driving me crazy for the month of July I only lost 2 pounds. 2 pounds is better than a gain but considering i still have 40 pounds to go, I should be losing more than two pounds.

We'll get there.
Paula
paulainks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #502
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: paulainks
Stats: 215/173.5/129
Start Date: June 11, 2013
I was just updating my weight stats/ticker.
I'm exactly half-way to my goal.

That's kind of cool. 43 gone 43 to go.
paulainks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #503
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I woke up okay but my stomach has been bothering me so I am having trouble eating anything. I am certainly feeling that post sickness weakness. I am so thankful for my supportive husband and sweet little girl.
Hopefully tomorrow my stomach will be happier. I am at 172lbs so I didn't loose too much and stayed well hydrated (thanks to the post about fruit teas, that really helped keep me sipping)
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #504
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lharris0702
Stats: 114/114/109
WOE: WW SFT
Start Date: restarted 2-14-14
It has been some time since I have been back on this website. I do miss it but am glad to see Rose,Wiz,Glitterific and Berta you are back on SB and seem to be doing well. I am looking to loose and keep off 4lbs and going back to Phase 1.

I read a lot of the post and somehow missed Wiz's eggplant so I will go back to find. You really have some great recipes.

There was a lot of discussion regarding sugar which I get confused as to what to use as I am really trying to stay away with chemicals. Right now I am using German Rock Sugar and Trevia.

What does everyone use for butter?

I look forward to being part of this group and keep doing SB.
lharris0702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #505
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris0702 View Post
It has been some time since I have been back on this website. I do miss it but am glad to see Rose,Wiz,Glitterific and Berta you are back on SB and seem to be doing well. I am looking to loose and keep off 4lbs and going back to Phase 1.

I read a lot of the post and somehow missed Wiz's eggplant so I will go back to find. You really have some great recipes.

There was a lot of discussion regarding sugar which I get confused as to what to use as I am really trying to stay away with chemicals. Right now I am using German Rock Sugar and Trevia.

Hi!! Nice to see you and hope it is a short journey. I use Kerrygold or Organic Valley butter. Been using xylitol (not from corn) for sweetness. Need to look up that rock sugar!
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #506
Berta48

Hello Gang
Well my PC has not been able to connect to the Internet all week-end long Dh finally called ouor provider abd they told him wht to do to fix it.So when it a=happens again we will know what to do ,Thank the LROd!! NO service call!.

I am happy to report I was down another pound today So total of 8 lbs in one month!! I still am trying to find something that I can do for exercise. I am just so lazy when it comes to that SOmetimes I'd rather take a whipping

Quote:
Hi everybody - Happy Saturday!
I did perfect at the birthday celebrations. I ate a plate of salad with a small amount of ranch dressing (2 sugars) and a bowl of my home made chili. AND NO BIRTHDAY CAKE!! Everybody was amazed!! "You mean you made it and
you're not even going to taste it??" YES, THAT'S WHAT I MEAN!! I celebrated with a very small glass of white wine. Worked for me!! We made a whole crock-pot full of chili, and hubby said it's too much, they'll never eat it. Turns out, folks ate that instead of the greasy fattening pizza! Jake had one bite of one slice and left it right on his plate. Said the chili was so much better tasting. Well of course!! That chili was all gone by the end of the night!
I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulainks View Post
I was just updating my weight stats/ticker.
I'm exactly half-way to my goal.

That's kind of cool. 43 gone 43 to go.
wow i EWISH i COULD DAY THTAT!!! KUTGW
Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris0702 View Post

BACK We USE SMART BALANCE
it tastes like butter WE LIKE IT ALOT!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #507
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Hello Gang
Well my PC has not been able to connect to the Internet all week-end long Dh finally called ouor provider abd they told him wht to do to fix it.So when it a=happens again we will know what to do ,Thank the LROd!! NO service call!.

I am happy to report I was down another pound today So total of 8 lbs in one month!! I still am trying to find something that I can do for exercise. I am just so lazy when it comes to that SOmetimes I'd rather take a whipping

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!

wow i EWISH i COULD DAY THTAT!!! KUTGW

BACK We USE SMART BALANCE
it tastes like butter WE LIKE IT ALOT!!!
Berta,
That is wonderful news!! I love it when the scale finally listens!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #508
Berta48

Quote:
Berta,
That is wonderful news!! I love it when the scale finally listens!
Thanks Jeri
You know I am learning all I need to do to lose weight is stick with SB protocol

I do have a question that I am hoping you or someone can answer for me.
Are Semolina and Durham flour SB approved?
Old 08-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #509
Senior LCF Member

Soooo disappointed!! I just got back from my doctor's appt and I am told my cholestrol is rising everytime I get my blood checked. I eat low fat, drink my water....He tells me to exercise..move more...I can do this! I can't believe my sodium is low! I love salty and hardly ever eat sweets. He said it is genetic and I am going to the "dark place" as he called it. Menopause...I am 49 and he always makes it sound like I am turning 90. Menopause doesn't scare me. I welcome it with open arms! Unfortunately being postmenopausal it is messing with my body. Hormones getting out of whack....
Old 08-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jeri
My sister is in her early 60s, exercises daily, watches her weight, drinks tons of water and still can't keep the cholesterol under control. Her dr. had to put her on meds, finally. Sometimes despite all we do, that genetic wild card will trump us.

My husband is another example. Both his parents passed away because of heart-related disorders. Genetics is a BIG factor in his health. His cardiologist has said time and time again, we can control some of the factors of heart disease, but not the genetics. He will have to be vigilant about taking care of himself and keeping up with his meds from now on.

But, that sure beats the alternative...