Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #451
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Well, I certainly hope you get it figured out soon, it sounds very painful and certainly not conducive to a good night's sleep...
Thanks Wiz- I think the banana helped. I didn't have the leg cramps last night but my muscles are still sore from where I did have them. I thought bananas were off plan but looked it up last night and they are allowed in phase 2. Its my favorite fruit but I eat it rarely, so when I allow myself to have one its a real treat.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #452
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 298
Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
Im not caught up on the boards...but I just wanted to say hi. I dont have much of an appetite, and I feel like Im doing NOTHING recovering here. Im not eating perfect (kinda on a fixed budget while out of work, so making due with what I have and had stocked up on.) I had filled my freezer with meat, and was hoping to supplement with what my garden was producing; but the ground hogs and chipmunks have killed that idea But, Im not eating much. Im just not hungry. Probably cuz Im so inactive, and did I mention I am SOOO bored!?! Scale is actually down a couple of pounds..but my clothes arent fitting
Im discouraged. The older we get...the harder it is...
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #453
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Hi Buckhuntress -
I know it's tough, but hang in there. It will get better. Be sure to drink plenty of water, even if you don't have too much of an appetite. Take short walks, at least it will be a change of scene for you. I remember not eating a whole lot when I had my hysterectomy. As far as the clothes not fitting, you may still be a little swollen from the surgery. I also remember it taking a full 6 weeks before I started feeling even close to normal. Something else - when you do start to feel better - don't overdo. You may feel great, but you are probably still healing. I will think good thoughts for you.
__________________
One day at a time, Sweet Jesus. I'm trusting You to get me through!!

Penny
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #454
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi Buckhuntress -
I know it's tough, but hang in there. It will get better. Be sure to drink plenty of water, even if you don't have too much of an appetite. Take short walks, at least it will be a change of scene for you. I remember not eating a whole lot when I had my hysterectomy. As far as the clothes not fitting, you may still be a little swollen from the surgery. I also remember it taking a full 6 weeks before I started feeling even close to normal. Something else - when you do start to feel better - don't overdo. You may feel great, but you are probably still healing. I will think good thoughts for you.
Ditto. Swelling after my csection lasted longer than I expected and it was 6 weeks til I felt normal.

Not a great OP day. One meal but still, need to stand my ground on food choices when it comes to family.

I discovered a great way to get veggies in for breakfast, BLT! Just wrap bacon and tomatoes in iceburg lettuce. Refreshing and delicious. I had it with scrambled eggs on the side.

New day tomorrow!
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:41 AM   #455
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 298
Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
Thanks for the encouragement Gail and GLitter. Today is 2 weeks post op...so I guess I just need to relax and try to heal. 2 of 4 of my babies were csections, and I took a good 12 weeks with my first one, and 9 with the other one. I just hate being slowed down. I cant even imagine peforming my duties at work again right now. Im gonna start some walking, and try to just eat lean proteins and lots of veggies
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #456
Senior LCF Member
 
Jericrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 143
Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Berta- I just found this on the low carb recipe site. Maybe it's something you can try. If any of you senior South Beachers know if this is good tasting and good on plan, please let Berta and I know?

Low carb rolls:
It is very light and fluffy bread or roll, almost like an angel food cake, but tastes like white bread and is flat large pieces, it is very yummy! Also just right for sandwiches becasue it is large and flat.

Ingredients: 6 eggs
6 oz cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat Philadelphia)
1/4 tsp of baking powder
1/4 cup of Splenda
pinch of salt
How To Prepare: Preheat oven to 300.


in a glass bowl beat 6 egg whites and baking powder on high until mixture is stiff. In another bowl beat 3 egg yolk (save the rest for fried eggs), cream cheese, Splenda and salt. Then fold cream cheese mixture gently into egg white mixture, fold until completely mixed.


Drop generous spoonfuls onto a well greased cookie pan or parchment lined pan. Should make about 18 rolls. They will look a little large and flat, and will bake up like a soft white flat bread. Cook for 55 minutes.





Makes 18 rolls. These are induction friendly too. Enjoy! They are good with butter and you could make it a sweet bread by adding nutmeg, cinnamon, SF DaVinci syrups, whatever you want without changing the carb count. You could change it to a dinner roll by adding garlic and oregano too.
Number of Servings: 18 (1 roll)
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: Cals: 40.5, Fat: 2.9, Carbs: .75, Fiber: 0, Protein: 2.25
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Effort (Easy, Average, Difficult): Easy
I tried these last week and it was not my thing.....very tart and I couldn't use them in place of bread. Maybe they didn't turn out, but won't make again.
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #457
Senior LCF Member
 
Jericrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 143
Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Went for my scrapbooking weekend and went TOTALLY off plan. Stomach suffered from it. Back on Phase 1 today. I had a great weekend though. Lots of laughs and eating...
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #458
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,617
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
I tried these last week and it was not my thing.....very tart and I couldn't use them in place of bread. Maybe they didn't turn out, but won't make again.
Jeri, I have found through a lot of trial and error over 5 years of doing SB that a lot of these fake substitutes just don't work for me. To be honest, I'd rather just have a small bit of the real thing (i.e. a slice of wheat bread or an English muffin) than something I don't really enjoy and thus becomes empty calories. It's kind of like that cauliflower pizza people make! I'd rather have a real slice every few months. And I love cauliflower - but not dressed up as a pizza.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Ours was BUSY! Anniversary dinner Friday night, graduation party on Saturday, and a girls night out at a friend's last night.

As you can imagine after that line-up, I did not weigh in this morning.
__________________
2014 is a new chapter in my journey...I am eager to embrace the changes coming my way and make it work.

2014 Running Miles: 249
2014 Walking Miles: 273
2014 Biking Miles: 412
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #459
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
[QUOTE=wiz;16546152]Jeri, I have found through a lot of trial and error over 5 years of doing SB that a lot of these fake substitutes just don't work for me. To be honest, I'd rather just have a small bit of the real thing (i.e. a slice of wheat bread or an English muffin) than something I don't really enjoy and thus becomes empty calories. It's kind of like that cauliflower pizza people make! I'd rather have a real slice every few months. And I love cauliflower - but not dressed up as a pizza.


I am with you on that one, Wiz. I would rather stick to the simple tried and true south beach way of eating. The artificial stuff is NOT my cup of tea. Would really rather go without than do that kind of thing. Too many good tasting recipes without the trickery!!
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #460
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Went for my scrapbooking weekend and went TOTALLY off plan. Stomach suffered from it. Back on Phase 1 today. I had a great weekend though. Lots of laughs and eating...
Sorry Honey - It happens. Least you enjoyed your week-end!!!
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #461
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Good Morning SB Buddies
Well I was suppose to take my PC into the shop but if you can believe this the guy actually fixed it from his house while mine was here at our house
Amazing what they can do these days So thank the good Lord it wasn't the hard drive

I have some more good news.TODAY was my first weigh in from PH2 and I lost 1.4 lbs I really was surprised as I had eaten those dreaded Snap Pea Crisps and Legume Crisps that had brown sugar in them. I thought they were on plan but weren't. I have made my mind up NOT to buy those things again! I found them just as hard to stay out of as regular chips are!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Went for my scrapbooking weekend and went TOTALLY off plan. Stomach suffered from it. Back on Phase 1 today. I had a great weekend though. Lots of laughs and eating...
Glad your week-end was good. You are doing the right thing. When we fall off the wagon we just have to get right back on.We can not live our life and never fail.As we all do it.BUT if we we do it only once in a blue moon we will be okay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
Im not caught up on the boards...but I just wanted to say hi. I dont have much of an appetite, and I feel like Im doing NOTHING recovering here. Im not eating perfect (kinda on a fixed budget while out of work, so making due with what I have and had stocked up on.) I had filled my freezer with meat, and was hoping to supplement with what my garden was producing; but the ground hogs and chipmunks have killed that idea But, Im not eating much. Im just not hungry. Probably cuz Im so inactive, and did I mention I am SOOO bored!?! Scale is actually down a couple of pounds..but my clothes arent fitting
Im discouraged. The older we get...the harder it is...
You can say that again! I will be 65 Aug the 26th and It is real hard to loose. I have a real hard time exercising with my crippling arthritis and bad disc in my back and bone on bone in my right knee! HOWEVER I have made my mind up I am going to start doing something!!I have a stretch band and I think I can use that and I am hoping that will some!
I know there are many sites online that have those type of exercises on videoI have also seen exercises online while sitting in a chair.
P.S. The saying goes... Being fat is hard....losing weight is hard...Pick Your Hard. I choose losing weight!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Thanks Wiz- I think the banana helped. I didn't have the leg cramps last night but my muscles are still sore from where I did have them. I thought bananas were off plan but looked it up last night and they are allowed in phase 2. Its my favorite fruit but I eat it rarely, so when I allow myself to have one its a real treat.
I like banana in my whole grain cherrios with walnuts

BUT the best IMO is Banana with Nat. PNT BUTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
Ditto. Swelling after my csection lasted longer than I expected and it was 6 weeks til I felt normal.

Not a great OP day. One meal but still, need to stand my ground on food choices when it comes to family.

I discovered a great way to get veggies in for breakfast, BLT! Just wrap bacon and tomatoes in iceburg lettuce. Refreshing and delicious. I had it with scrambled eggs on the side.

New day tomorrow!
I love BLT!!!! Now that I can have 2 starches a day I may just have to have one of thoseDon't you eat any bread?
I could live without it but I don't want to.And as long as I am losing I am going toeat it! But I am sticking with 2 starch and 2 fruit(when I am allowed 2 fruit) for the length of my journey except on a VERY RARE occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Jeri, I have found through a lot of trial and error over 5 years of doing SB that a lot of these fake substitutes just don't work for me. To be honest, I'd rather just have a small bit of the real thing (i.e. a slice of wheat bread or an English muffin) than something I don't really enjoy and thus becomes empty calories. It's kind of like that cauliflower pizza people make! I'd rather have a real slice every few months. And I love cauliflower - but not dressed up as a pizza.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Ours was BUSY! Anniversary dinner Friday night, graduation party on Saturday, and a girls night out at a friend's last night.

As you can imagine after that line-up, I did not weigh in this morning.
Tracy
I am with you on the cauliflower pizza I do not like the fake mashed potatoe one either I would rather like you... have a sweet potato

That girls night out sounds like alot of fun!

What has happened to Rose? She is hardly ever on here any more and I miss her!

Last edited by Berta48; 08-05-2013 at 09:13 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #462
Senior LCF Member
 
vfCookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 669
Gallery: vfCookie
Stats: kilo 109/83.9/70
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 24 August 2007
Hey beach babes.
Of course, my weekend was way off as planned but that’s ok.
Buckhuntress, I wanted to address your concerns regarding budgeting and eating on plan because I understand them so well. The first thing to remember is that phase 2 is your friend! I know that we don’t talk much about calorie counts and stuff here, but I think you’ll find that if you write down the calories consumed eating according to phase 2, you will probably be in the 1,500 calorie per day range. This CAN be done on a budget. I know that we want to watch it and see how our individual bodies react, but using a very RELAXED and LIBERAL phase 2 plan has worked well for me and my budget. Here’s an example…(this is my actual menu today)

B – 1/2 cup whole oats cooked in 1 cup unsweetened almond mild, with 1 peach cut into cubes, splenda or other sweetner to taste. (I cook the peaches in the oatmeal because I like it like that and it really bulks up your bowl of oatmeal. You can use apple or whatever, but peaches were on sale this week. If almond milk is not in the budget, cook the oats in water. I got it at Aldi’s and 1 container has 8 cups which is good for 8 breakfasts! I like using the almond milk because of the calcium and little bit of protein.)

L – 2 oz. lean ham on 2 slices whole wheat bread with 1 tbsp olive oil mayo, lettuce, & tomato; baby carrots & green pepper sticks, 1 container light yogurt.

S – ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese, 1 peach (or a banana, or whatever fruit is on sale. I use frozen berries a lot...usually about a 1/2 cup when I eat berries.)

D – 1 salmon grilled filet, roasted broccoli & cauliflower; sugar free fudgscicle.

I shop at Aldi’s and I shop sales. Salmon is a bit pricier, so sometimes I will get Swai filets because they are far cheaper. My current diet is a bit heavier on the grains than it used to be, but I’ve done well with it and have seen the scale either maintain or creep down slowly without me having to stress so badly over money. I do oatmeal Monday-Friday because I can cook a big pot and divide it into individual servings to grab on the way to work. I have my own office and eat at work so it works for me. I will eat eggs and wheat toast on the weekends for breakfast.

It’s good to have variety in your menu, but most of us have our staples. That’s ok. You can do this on a budget especially if you measure out your portion sizes and stick to them. That helps you keep your calorie budget AND your financial budget on track. It’s not always easy, but when you get used to it, it really does give you some peace of mind.

And if you plug THAT menu into one of the calorie counters, it should come out to about 1,200 calories! That leaves another 300 calories to play with to add some more veggies and lean protein to make sure you don't get hungry. or maybe some brown rice or whole grain pasta to dinner. (1/2 cup or so is what I try to stick to though I will use a cup of pasta because I LOVE pasta. Watch your portion size because those things pack in a lot of calories and carbs) Eggs are pretty affordable so have a deviled egg. An entire large egg is only 75 calories. Chop up a boiled one, add a spoon of plain yogurt or light may, season it up and have some egg salad with veggie sticks!
__________________

Cookie

If stress burned calories, I'd be a size 5!

proud member of the 60 lb club!

Cookie Crumbs (journal)
vfCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #463
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
I have a couple of questions to some of you veteran South Beachers.OR anyone that knows for sure

1st. I use Sara Lee Multigrian Whole bread.45 cal per slice. So are are two slices considered 2 starch?

2nd...Is Graham Flour on SB plan? I am wanting to use RF Grahamn crackers for a crust? If not I will use the pecan nut crust.

Thanks. I am thinking the answer to the questions are #1.... 2 slices are 2 starch and #2 question ....Not on plan. But I want to be certain BEFORE doing it
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #464
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Hi Berta
Great news about the computer fix. Those folks are so smart about fixing things...it's amazing. Definitely not something at which I excel!!

About the bread, I think 1 slice is 1 grain serving. And about the graham crackers, I think you're right, it's not on plan. Sorry (insert frowny face).

My cataract surgery is August 21. Looking forward to and dreading it all at the same time. I know it will be fine, but I can be a big baby...

Things have been going pretty well for me on the beach. Last night I didn't have the energy to make fresh veggies with our meal, so we had frozen mixed veggies. (Corn, Peas, carrots, green beans). Not wonderful, but not horrible either. We did have a big salad with dinner, though.

I seem to be maintaining between 237.5 and 238 of a morning. Hoping for a little better loss, but happy with whatever progress I can achieve!!
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #465
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Good Morning SB Buddies
Well I was suppose to take my PC into the shop but if you can believe this the guy actually fixed it from his house while mine was here at our house
Amazing what they can do these days So thank the good Lord it wasn't the hard drive

I love BLT!!!! Now that I can have 2 starches a day I may just have to have one of thoseDon't you eat any bread?
I could live without it but I don't want to.And as long as I am losing I am going toeat it! But I am sticking with 2 starch and 2 fruit(when I am allowed 2 fruit) for the length of my journey except on a VERY RARE occasion


What has happened to Rose? She is hardly ever on here any more and I miss her!
Yay for the PC guy! I work in IT and I get random calls from people time to time. Essential to have remote access for my parents

I am not on Phase 2 yet so no bread and I don't plan on introducing til later
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #466
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi Berta
Great news about the computer fix. Those folks are so smart about fixing things...it's amazing. Definitely not something at which I excel!!

About the bread, I think 1 slice is 1 grain serving. And about the graham crackers, I think you're right, it's not on plan. Sorry (insert frowny face).

My cataract surgery is August 21. Looking forward to and dreading it all at the same time. I know it will be fine, but I can be a big baby...

Things have been going pretty well for me on the beach. Last night I didn't have the energy to make fresh veggies with our meal, so we had frozen mixed veggies. (Corn, Peas, carrots, green beans). Not wonderful, but not horrible either. We did have a big salad with dinner, though.

I seem to be maintaining between 237.5 and 238 of a morning. Hoping for a little better loss, but happy with whatever progress I can achieve!!
Don't feel to bad because I am a big baby. I get my feelings hurt very easily. Sometimes people take me the wrong way and I don't mean things the way they take them at all.Guess I am not a great communicator.

As for no graham flour And the bread I thought as much also:laugh

You will do just fine during the surgery as God will go before you and he walk through it all the way with you.He has promised NEVER to leave us or forsake us. We just have to learn to trust him in hte good times and the bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
Yay for the PC guy! I work in IT and I get random calls from people time to time. Essential to have remote access for my parents

I am not on Phase 2 yet so no bread and I don't plan on introducing til later
I was not oging to add the bread but I like a sandwich from time to time. I did have slice of whole grain WW toasst I made today for breaksfast boy oh boy was it ever good No more cravings for another slice either so that is good. I am thinking my problem area would be the sweets.I've never actually paid any attention to those things before I just ate whatever I wanted.

But so far knowing I have to do this makes a bit easier to just have one slice or one piece of whatever I am having that is sweet.I haven't actually eaten anything sweet yet.But I plan on doing the FF yogurt and then slooooooowly adding in other sweet items.Maybe a berry smoothieThen a slice of the key lime pie with the nut crust since I can't have the graham cracker kind

I have a no bake cheese cake recipe also that is very made with RF cream cheese & SF lemon Jello! I would use the nut crust for it also. But it is also very good without the crust and so is the key lime pie!

Last edited by Berta48; 08-05-2013 at 01:32 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #467
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
just be mindful that they aren't health food really.. is there any oil? I can't find what crisps you are talking about online to look at the ingredients.


White Whole Wheat Flour is a different variety of wheat!
Whole White Wheat FAQ | The Whole Grains Council


We went 'down the shore' today... Went to a diner.. got myself an omellete with broccoli and turkey sausage (man it was salty though).. got a taco salad for lunch (not many choices for salads, I originally wanted chicken gyro but they didn't have salad) and pulled pork I had leftover from the freezer with some SF bbq sauce and cole slaw.. great OP day..
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi Berta
Great news about the computer fix. Those folks are so smart about fixing things...it's amazing. Definitely not something at which I excel!!

About the bread, I think 1 slice is 1 grain serving. And about the graham crackers, I think you're right, it's not on plan. Sorry (insert frowny face).

My cataract surgery is August 21. Looking forward to and dreading it all at the same time. I know it will be fine, but I can be a big baby...

Things have been going pretty well for me on the beach. Last night I didn't have the energy to make fresh veggies with our meal, so we had frozen mixed veggies. (Corn, Peas, carrots, green beans). Not wonderful, but not horrible either. We did have a big salad with dinner, though.

I seem to be maintaining between 237.5 and 238 of a morning. Hoping for a little better loss, but happy with whatever progress I can achieve!!
Gail- take it from me..the surgery isn't bad at all. This is from someone who couldn't keep her eyes open for eye drops in the past. I've had LASIK in one eye, and doctor had to fine tune it a week later. Then I had cataract surgery in both eyes about 3 yrs ago and one eye had to be redone because the lens my doctor inserted wasnt right. So I've had my eyes operated on 5 times in the past 15 years, plus both of my eyelids because they drooped and affected my vision. Piece of cake! They'll give you something to relax you beforehand. You might not even remember it. But it's a quick, painless procedure. As a matter of fact I woke up during my eyelid surgery and talked to my doctor about a cruise she was nervous about taking. I believe you'll do fine!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #468
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Today completes my first month. For breakfast I fixed egg beaters, turkey bacon and a slice of ww toast. All month I wanted to be able to have bread and once it was on my plate today I couldn't eat the whole slice. It just didn't tempt me! I gave my little Yorkie a small piece and threw the rest away. Go figure! I don't think I'll be that way about sugar, though, so i keep putting off having sf pudding. Worried it may set off cravings for pie, cookies, and other things best left alone for the time being.

Last edited by Gmomof7; 08-05-2013 at 04:11 PM..
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #469
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Today completes my first month. For breakfast I fixed egg beaters, turkey bacon and a slice of ww toast. All month I wanted to be able to have bread and once it was on my plate today I couldn't eat the whole slice. It just didn't tempt me! I gave my little Yorkie a small piece and threw the rest away. Go figure! I don't think I'll be that way about sugar, though, so i keep putting off having sf pudding. Worried it may set off cravings for pie, cookies, and other things best left alone for the time being.
Congratulations on one month on plan!!!
My month will be up NEXT MONDAY!
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #470
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Where oh where is everyone
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:07 AM   #471
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,617
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hello all,

Last night I made my stuffed eggplant (receipe posted earlier in this thread and in recipe link above) but substituted spinach and roasted red peppers for the cup of fresh herbs. It was a really nice change-up. It's a great meatless meal.

I just finished up a 5-mile run and beat the rain that is looming out there!

Tonight's dinner is my Turkey Meatloaf Provençale, also posted in the recipe link above....

Have a good day Beachers!!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #472
Senior LCF Member
 
Jericrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 143
Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Cookie....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfCookie View Post
Hey beach babes.
Of course, my weekend was way off as planned but that’s ok.
Buckhuntress, I wanted to address your concerns regarding budgeting and eating on plan because I understand them so well. The first thing to remember is that phase 2 is your friend! I know that we don’t talk much about calorie counts and stuff here, but I think you’ll find that if you write down the calories consumed eating according to phase 2, you will probably be in the 1,500 calorie per day range. This CAN be done on a budget. I know that we want to watch it and see how our individual bodies react, but using a very RELAXED and LIBERAL phase 2 plan has worked well for me and my budget. Here’s an example…(this is my actual menu today)

B – 1/2 cup whole oats cooked in 1 cup unsweetened almond mild, with 1 peach cut into cubes, splenda or other sweetner to taste. (I cook the peaches in the oatmeal because I like it like that and it really bulks up your bowl of oatmeal. You can use apple or whatever, but peaches were on sale this week. If almond milk is not in the budget, cook the oats in water. I got it at Aldi’s and 1 container has 8 cups which is good for 8 breakfasts! I like using the almond milk because of the calcium and little bit of protein.)

L – 2 oz. lean ham on 2 slices whole wheat bread with 1 tbsp olive oil mayo, lettuce, & tomato; baby carrots & green pepper sticks, 1 container light yogurt.

S – ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese, 1 peach (or a banana, or whatever fruit is on sale. I use frozen berries a lot...usually about a 1/2 cup when I eat berries.)

D – 1 salmon grilled filet, roasted broccoli & cauliflower; sugar free fudgscicle.

I shop at Aldi’s and I shop sales. Salmon is a bit pricier, so sometimes I will get Swai filets because they are far cheaper. My current diet is a bit heavier on the grains than it used to be, but I’ve done well with it and have seen the scale either maintain or creep down slowly without me having to stress so badly over money. I do oatmeal Monday-Friday because I can cook a big pot and divide it into individual servings to grab on the way to work. I have my own office and eat at work so it works for me. I will eat eggs and wheat toast on the weekends for breakfast.

It’s good to have variety in your menu, but most of us have our staples. That’s ok. You can do this on a budget especially if you measure out your portion sizes and stick to them. That helps you keep your calorie budget AND your financial budget on track. It’s not always easy, but when you get used to it, it really does give you some peace of mind.

And if you plug THAT menu into one of the calorie counters, it should come out to about 1,200 calories! That leaves another 300 calories to play with to add some more veggies and lean protein to make sure you don't get hungry. or maybe some brown rice or whole grain pasta to dinner. (1/2 cup or so is what I try to stick to though I will use a cup of pasta because I LOVE pasta. Watch your portion size because those things pack in a lot of calories and carbs) Eggs are pretty affordable so have a deviled egg. An entire large egg is only 75 calories. Chop up a boiled one, add a spoon of plain yogurt or light may, season it up and have some egg salad with veggie sticks!
I love Aldi's. Great bargains there. I also love that you gave us your menu and it is all doable. Most stuff I have in the house anyway. I like the idea of cooking up a bunch of oatmeal and then heating it up for my breakfast. I don't normally have a sweet tooth but having the sf fudgesicles in the house may be a great treat! Thanks for sharing this....
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #473
Senior LCF Member
 
Jericrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 143
Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Lazy Days of Summer.....

Took mom early for blood tests and hearing aid appt. Went to breakfast (1/2 vegi omelet and rye toast) Talking about lazy days, I feel that way today. Once I got home I had to take a nap. Now just having a tough time getting motivated to do anything. It is gorgeous out today. Finally a little sun and warmth. I think I will work on something that needs to get done for 15 min then see how I feel. Need to get moving. Need to go to the store and get SB friendly foods. No motivation....
I haven't been on the scale in two weeks. Too afraid to. Too many up and downs. I feel like I already screwed up the day by having the rye toast. I don't like being overweight! I wish it would just melt off. My mom in law looked at old pics of me and said, "You used to be tiny." Well, you could imagine how I feel. Just had to vent. I know I need to take charge of my weight and my surroundings.....stressed a bit about things and I just want to sleep. I will push to accomplish SOMETHING today. Summer is almost over and all I have accomplished is going out with many friends. That is a good thing, but usually always involves food or drinks....
I just got a new wireless printer for my birthday and I think I will start there....setting that up in the office room. Take care all and thanks for listening...
__________________
Working toward a healthier life!
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #474
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Took mom early for blood tests and hearing aid appt. Went to breakfast (1/2 vegi omelet and rye toast) Talking about lazy days, I feel that way today. Once I got home I had to take a nap. Now just having a tough time getting motivated to do anything. It is gorgeous out today. Finally a little sun and warmth. I think I will work on something that needs to get done for 15 min then see how I feel. Need to get moving. Need to go to the store and get SB friendly foods. No motivation....
I haven't been on the scale in two weeks. Too afraid to. Too many up and downs. I feel like I already screwed up the day by having the rye toast. I don't like being overweight! I wish it would just melt off. My mom in law looked at old pics of me and said, "You used to be tiny." Well, you could imagine how I feel. Just had to vent. I know I need to take charge of my weight and my surroundings.....stressed a bit about things and I just want to sleep. I will push to accomplish SOMETHING today. Summer is almost over and all I have accomplished is going out with many friends. That is a good thing, but usually always involves food or drinks....
I just got a new wireless printer for my birthday and I think I will start there....setting that up in the office room. Take care all and thanks for listening...
We shop at Aldis always first thing then go to the other 2 grocers as they have things we use that Aldis doesn't have such as the WW etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
I love Aldi's. Great bargains there. I also love that you gave us your menu and it is all doable. Most stuff I have in the house anyway. I like the idea of cooking up a bunch of oatmeal and then heating it up for my breakfast. I don't normally have a sweet tooth but having the sf fudgesicles in the house may be a great treat! Thanks for sharing this....
I know what you mean It's ok you look great to me.Very Pretty

Every time people know I am trying to lose weight they are constsantly looking me up and down and say how are you doing?? It gets so old.I wish they would just be still and mind their own businees. They never ask when I have lost it seems.It is usually when I have had a gain

I have a friend that is forever looking at my stomachand of course she is alot thinner than myself!
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #475
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Our whole family has a fever and vomiting. Ugh
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #476
Senior LCF Member
 
Jericrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 143
Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
Our whole family has a fever and vomiting. Ugh

So sorry to hear this! Flu bug?? Hope you are all feeling well soon!
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #477
Senior LCF Member
 
Jericrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 143
Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Berta:

So many people are obsessed with other people's weight. Most of the time they also have weight issues but judge others. My mom in law is OLDER and I am just blaming her words on that. A lot of people like to watch what you eat. I am usually great in the presence of others, it's when I get home I lose it and eat out the fridge...

thanks for the support. I have been sitting on Face Book most of the day and Pinterest pinning food!! Ugh!

Last edited by Jericrop; 08-07-2013 at 12:55 PM..
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #478
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
Our whole family has a fever and vomiting. Ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Berta:

So many people are obsessed with other people's weight. Most of the time they also have weight issues but judge others. My mom in law is OLDER and I am just blaming her words on that. A lot of people like to watch what you eat. I am usually great in the presence of others, it's when I get home I lose it and eat out the fridge...

thanks for the support. I have been sitting on Face Book most of the day and Pinterest pinning food!! Ugh!
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #479
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Glitter - I'm so sorry you folks are sick. It is NO fun at all. Feel better soon.

Jeri - I think you look marvelous!! Don't listen to what others say. You are going to have ups and downs, take it from me, I know all about that. Try to find your motivation and get back on the bandwagon. Tomorrow is a new day, make up your mind that it will be a good day of eating well. Sometimes you have to take it one day at a time. With me, sometimes it's one hour at a time.

Berta, I know just what you mean. Sometimes when people look at me cross-wise because of my weight, I want to say to them "Look, I'm doing the best that I can. Get over yourself"!! Usually, I am not that bothered by other people's attitudes, thankfully!!
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #480
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,991
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Glitter - I'm so sorry you folks are sick. It is NO fun at all. Feel better soon.

Jeri - I think you look marvelous!! Don't listen to what others say. You are going to have ups and downs, take it from me, I know all about that. Try to find your motivation and get back on the bandwagon. Tomorrow is a new day, make up your mind that it will be a good day of eating well. Sometimes you have to take it one day at a time. With me, sometimes it's one hour at a time.

Berta, I know just what you mean. Sometimes when people look at me cross-wise because of my weight, I want to say to them "Look, I'm doing the best that I can. Get over yourself"!! Usually, I am not that bothered by other people's attitudes, thankfully!!
Penny
Actually it is my Pastors wife and the first place she ALWAYS looks is at my stomach. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt she doesn't even realize she does it.But it still bugs me. She truly is my good friend and a very precious lady. And again I may just be overly sensative as I am a big baby

We went to Weight Watchers together at one time and she has lost alot of weight and she watches what she eats very closely.She always has her husband watch it too.But when she isn't around he eats like he wants tooIt is really sorta hilarious to watch.They buy one meal and split it.And it isn't because the are cheap either it is just her way of cutting back.

It is a great idea. But would never work for us as we usually don't like the same things.Especially when ordering in a restauraunt!
And my Dh eats waaaay more than I do, so I wouldn't get anything if we split a meal.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.