Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gmomof7
Berta- I just found this on the low carb recipe site. Maybe it's something you can try. If any of you senior South Beachers know if this is good tasting and good on plan, please let Berta and I know?

Low carb rolls:
It is very light and fluffy bread or roll, almost like an angel food cake, but tastes like white bread and is flat large pieces, it is very yummy! Also just right for sandwiches becasue it is large and flat.

Ingredients: 6 eggs
6 oz cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat Philadelphia)
1/4 tsp of baking powder
1/4 cup of Splenda
pinch of salt
How To Prepare: Preheat oven to 300.

in a glass bowl beat 6 egg whites and baking powder on high until mixture is stiff. In another bowl beat 3 egg yolk (save the rest for fried eggs), cream cheese, Splenda and salt. Then fold cream cheese mixture gently into egg white mixture, fold until completely mixed.

Drop generous spoonfuls onto a well greased cookie pan or parchment lined pan. Should make about 18 rolls. They will look a little large and flat, and will bake up like a soft white flat bread. Cook for 55 minutes.

Makes 18 rolls. These are induction friendly too. Enjoy! They are good with butter and you could make it a sweet bread by adding nutmeg, cinnamon, SF DaVinci syrups, whatever you want without changing the carb count. You could change it to a dinner roll by adding garlic and oregano too.
Number of Servings: 18 (1 roll)
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: Cals: 40.5, Fat: 2.9, Carbs: .75, Fiber: 0, Protein: 2.25
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Effort (Easy, Average, Difficult): Easy
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Morning SB Buds

Do you have the SB Supercharged book? There are questions in the back from people and answers.Maybe there's an answer for you in it?

Also sometimes we don't lose weight, but inches.So check your measurements.
Also I honestly understand how you feel about the scales not dropping but we/I have to remember we are eating right and healthy. So it isn't a race, and it is a lifestyle not just another diet.So hang in there and stick with it and it will come off eventually.

KUTGW!!! We are rooting for you
Yes, Berta, I actually do have both of the SB books. Supercharged has nicer looking recipes but haven't tried them. I did try some in his first hbok and they wereb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post

Back from our weekend out of town.
Detoured a bit, but back on track today!

Love the frozen hot chocolate recipe Jeri - you have got some great idea's for me!!!!

Berta - WAY TO GO!!!!!

I have issues with veggies at breakfast too....

Hi to everyone I haven't "met" yet.....I have been a Beacher for a while, took a couple detours, but truly do find this to be the best way to eat

Let's have a great week!
Cindy! I went back to check on a post and saw yours. Nice meeting you!
Lola
Old 08-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #423
Senior LCF Member

I wish I could think of everything at one time! Lol. Berta, I did try the jello pie that you posted. I used to make it often for hubby and I at the beginning of spring. It's really good. Haven't had any since SB though.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #424
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Berta- I just found this on the low carb recipe site. Maybe it's something you can try. If any of you senior South Beachers know if this is good tasting and good on plan, please let Berta and I know?

Low carb rolls:
It is very light and fluffy bread or roll, almost like an angel food cake, but tastes like white bread and is flat large pieces, it is very yummy! Also just right for sandwiches becasue it is large and flat.

1/4 tsp of baking powder
1/4 cup of Splenda
pinch of salt

in a glass bowl beat 6 egg whites and baking powder on high until mixture is stiff. In another bowl beat 3 egg yolk (save the rest for fried eggs), cream cheese, Splenda and salt. Then fold cream cheese mixture gently into egg white mixture, fold until completely mixed.

Drop generous spoonfuls onto a well greased cookie pan or parchment lined pan. Should make about 18 rolls. They will look a little large and flat, and will bake up like a soft white flat bread. Cook for 55 minutes.

Makes 18 rolls. These are induction friendly too. Enjoy! They are good with butter and you could make it a sweet bread by adding nutmeg, cinnamon, SF DaVinci syrups, whatever you want without changing the carb count. You could change it to a dinner roll by adding garlic and oregano too.
Carbs per serving - include all nutritional information if known: Cals: 40.5, Fat: 2.9, Carbs: .75, Fiber: 0, Protein: 2.25
Thanks I may have to try that!!!!
I have made the wholesome oat muffins in the SP SB Book and they are good.But I have a hard time eating just one, so I don't make them any more

I am glad you liked the pie. If it doesn't taste good I don't eat it.
But like I have said everyones taster is different.What I might like someone else might not!

Last edited by Berta48; 08-01-2013 at 11:39 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Morning Y'all! In 3 days I'll be at my 4 week mark. Still on Phase 1 basically. Yesterday at IHop I had the fit and healthy breakfast. Egg beaters and turkey bacon. I had her remove the wheat toast as I'm not sure it's whole wheat and asked for just melon as the fruit but they couldn't do it so they brought grapes, pineapple, and other fruits. I ate a thin sliver of honeydue (at least I think it was. It was see-thru thin and tasteless) and a small square of pineapple. The rest of the day I've had veggies, slice of deli ham, salad, eggplant, LF mozzarella cheese, and made a lc pizza crust using zucchini. I can't see what shouldn't have been there that wasn't allowed. I've gained! I measure everything and I log it in to a program that keeps track of everything. Even my steps. I add coffee and water too so EVERYTHING I put in my mouth is accounted for. I mostly have between 1000-1500 calories a day. Wonder if that's too much? I am almost 5'8" so figured I needed as much. I'm frustrated. Husband has only lost 2/10 lb in a week. We're giving this till our month is up but if it doesn't get better we're thinking this diet may not be for us. Also I measure each week. Only lost an inch in midriff and hip in past 3 weeks, waist measurements go up and down.

Edit: I also had the bean cake but only made with allowed foods and had 2 mini muffins out of entire day using them as a mid morning snack using beans as a protein.
that is a big loss.. 1" is quote a lot!

Calories aren't suppose to matter (remember, SB doesn't count) but not eating enough does have problems, not sure what the calorie count should be and moving off of Phase 1 is important, following the plan so you aren't overdoing how much you are having.. adding 1 item a day until you stop losing (weight and measurement) is the indication.

Posting a few days worth of meals may help see what's going on

Do you eat out often? That tends to keep the water weight on for me so eating at home is important.

What kind of exercise are you doing? When did you start? Interval training, weights are suppose to help more so than cardio alone. If you just started exercise, some water weight is normal and that's why you saw 1" loss on the body.

1" is a nice accomplishment, something is working.
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post

Calories aren't suppose to matter (remember, SB doesn't count) but not eating enough does have problems, not sure what the calorie count should be and moving off of Phase 1 is important, following the plan so you aren't overdoing how much you are having.. adding 1 item a day until you stop losing (weight and measurement) is the indication.

Do you eat out often? That tends to keep the water weight on for me so eating at home is important.

What kind of exercise are you doing? When did you start? Interval training, weights are suppose to help more so than cardio alone. If you just started exercise, some water weight is normal and that's why you saw 1" loss on the body.

I'm nervous about going off Phase 1 because adding carbs will slow down an already nil weight loss! I don't think I lost anything in the past week. Yesterday we had an early start so hubby suggested Ihop. Couldn't go wrong with egg beaters and turkey bacon, right? After all, that has been our breakfast since we started SB. We used to go out to eat in restaurants a lot! But hardly do now since I don't trust the hidden carbs. Lol. We do go with friends and try to choose grilled or broiled fish and green veggies. But yesterday I spent all day in the kitchen. That's got to stop! It makes food all I think about!

I walk on my treadmill but that depends on how my knee feels. About 10 yrs ago I found myself 38 lbs overweight. I started walking on the treadmill gradually walking up to an hour at a time. Hubby thought I was way overdoing it! He'd come in every 10 mins or so and say that was enough! I ate mostly salads the entire year. Hardly ate more than lettuce, a little cheese, and about 1 tsp dressing for large salad. I couldn't pass stairs that I didn't run up and down several flights o er and over again to get my heart rate up. But even then it took me a long time to lose the weight. Went from 168 to 132, pants size 14 to a small 8 in dress jeans. Now I'm a medium and I wear mostly elastic waists. I need to start walking more. I don't do lifting because I've had a disk replaced in my neck so it's just walking. Sorry for long post! Does typing burn calories?
Old 08-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Quote:

Low carb rolls:

1/4 tsp of baking powder
1/4 cup of Splenda
pinch of salt

I made the low carb rolls for lunch today. I only made half the recipe since it was just 2 of us. I only ate 1 sandwich. I put sliced deli roast beef on it with lettuce. Husband loves sandwiches so made it mostly for him but I did enjoy feeling like I was eating a sandwich. They don't smell good like fresh bread baking (no flour or yeasty smell) and the texture was a little spongey so I turned them and popped them back in the oven for a few mins. They flattened but were ok. Husband wants me to make them for him again. Next time I won't put in the Splenda but will sub onion powder or garlic to make it savory.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #428
Berta48

Quote:
I made the low carb rolls for lunch today. I only made half the recipe since it was just 2 of us. I only ate 1 sandwich. I put sliced deli roast beef on it with lettuce. Husband loves sandwiches so made it mostly for him but I did enjoy feeling like I was eating a sandwich. They don't smell good like fresh bread baking (no flour or yeasty smell) and the texture was a little spongey so I turned them and popped them back in the oven for a few mins. They flattened but were ok. Husband wants me to make them for him again. Next time I won't put in the Splenda but will sub onion powder or garlic to make it savory.
I ate turkey breast sandwich with lettuce,tomato & mayonnaise on a thin sandwich deli multigrain bun.They are very thin sliced but taste wonderful I thought I had went off the plan and I ate 1 oz of the baked legume crisps. It was like having potato chips with my sandwich.I am happy!
Old 08-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #429
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I ate turkey breast sandwich with lettuce,tomato & mayonnaise on a thin sandwich deli multigrain bun.They are very thin sliced but taste wonderful I thought I had went off the plan and I ate 1 oz of the baked legume crisps. It was like having potato chips with my sandwich.I am happy!
What are legume crisps and where do you buy them?
Old 08-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #430
Berta48

Quote:
Quote:
What are legume crisps and where do you buy them?
Be careful they are hard to stop eating I bought mine at Super WalMart in a section with pine nuts.They have Baked pea pods also.But I like the legumes best.I am not certain if I should be eating them or not.They are baked and flavored with garlic and Thyme. I felt as if the pea pods might have to count as a starch?But they are allowed on PH1 so I honestly don't know

I have a recipe for baked zuchinni chips I am going to try out tonight

Last edited by Berta48; 08-01-2013 at 05:38 PM..
Old 08-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Quote:
Be careful they are hard to stop eating I bought mine at Super WalMart in a section with pine nuts.They have Baked pea pods also.But I like the legumes best.I am not certain if I should be eating them or not.They are baked and flavored with garlic and Thyme. I felt as if the pea pods might have to count as a starch?But they are allowed on PH1 so I honestly don't know

After you try the zucchini chips let us know how you liked them! I haven't seen the legume crisps. Might have to ask someone next time I'm in there.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Has anyone tried a George Stella low carb cookbook? Barnes and nobles was out of them but the newer books advocate low fat dairy, etc, rather than full fat. Just wondering if anyone has tried his recipes yet.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #433
Berta48

Quote:
Has anyone tried a George Stella low carb cookbook? Barnes and nobles was out of them but the newer books advocate low fat dairy, etc, rather than full fat. Just wondering if anyone has tried his recipes yet.
No I haven't.Do you know if WHOLE GRAIN white flour would be SB friendly? I looked at the book tonight and all it says is to use whole grain flour.Well now they do have Whole Grain White Flour.I ask on an earlier post but didn't get a responseThanks

Try Amazon on that book you ask about?

Last edited by Berta48; 08-01-2013 at 09:11 PM..
Old 08-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #434
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
No I haven't.Do you know if WHOLE GRAIN white flour would be SB friendly? I looked at the book tonight and all it says is to use whole grain flour.Well now they do have Whole Grain White Flour.I ask on an earlier post but didn't get a responseThanks

I'm not sure but I'll check my book to see if I can find out anything more. I'd think as long as its truly whole wheat/grain that hasn't been bleached or enriched it should be ok in moderation.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Berta- I found this on the Internet. "There are many excellent whole-grain choices, so how do you choose the healthiest? For starters, when buying whole-grain pastas, breads, and other products, be sure to check that the label says "100% whole wheat," “100% whole oats,” or “100% whole rye.” If the label uses words like “whole wheat,” "multigrain," “3-grain,” “10-grain,” or “100% wheat,” there’s no guarantee that the product is truly whole grain. Avoid breads containing “enriched wheat,” “enriched white flour,” “flour,” or “unbleached flour” because they’re most likely made with refined flour. Also make sure that the product contains at least 3 grams of fiber and no more than 3 grams of sugar per serving, and no trans fats."

On page 80 author says..... when you buy, be sure the label says 100% whole wheat or whole grain. And to look for breads that contain 3 grams or more of fiber per slice. So if your flour meets this criteria it should be fine even though not specifically mentioned as white while wheat. Hope this helps!!

Last edited by Gmomof7; 08-01-2013 at 11:19 PM.. Reason: Add on info
Old 08-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #436
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hello all,

Back from my business trip to Dallas. It was hot and I could barely find anything OP to eat. So it was a long week!

This place is hopping! It will take me some time to catch up on everyone's posts. Hope all is well...

TGIF!!!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vfCookie
Stats: kilo 109/83.9/70
Start Date: 24 August 2007
I have discovered that I do not get my email notifications properly. If I check it on my phone, it doesn't recognize it and send another notification the next time someone responds and therefore I forget to check. I'll have to work on that.

HI WIZ!!!

I got Sydni all enrolled in the new school yesterday. She comes home this weekend and I am so excited. Of course, sunday will be an off the charts eating day because we are having a big family dinner but Monday, I am right back on the beach. I've actually done well Monday-Friday (for the most part) but I still have trouble staying on plan during the weekends. I need to analyze my weekend habits and make some new ones so that Brian gets used to them. Once he retires and we are living together 24/7, he's going to have to learn to eat healthier for both our sakes. He is in great shape and can eat anything he wants. But once he retires from the military, the mandatory PT goes away and it will be much more difficult for him to just eat whatever. Plus I need him to not do that because I suck when tempted with anything! So it's time to start training him, huh? I relocated for him, so he can change his eating habits for me. :-) It'll be good for him. He'll love it!

Cookie

If stress burned calories, I'd be a size 5!

proud member of the 60 lb club!

Cookie Crumbs (journal)
vfCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #438
Berta48

Quote:
Berta- I found this on the Internet. "There are many excellent whole-grain choices, so how do you choose the healthiest? For starters, when buying whole-grain pastas, breads, and other products, be sure to check that the label says "100% whole wheat," “100% whole oats,” or “100% whole rye.” If the label uses words like “whole wheat,” "multigrain," “3-grain,” “10-grain,” or “100% wheat,” there’s no guarantee that the product is truly whole grain. Avoid breads containing “enriched wheat,” “enriched white flour,” “flour,” or “unbleached flour” because they’re most likely made with refined flour. Also make sure that the product contains at least 3 grams of fiber and no more than 3 grams of sugar per serving, and no trans fats."

On page 80 author says..... when you buy, be sure the label says 100% whole wheat or whole grain. And to look for breads that contain 3 grams or more of fiber per slice. So if your flour meets this criteria it should be fine even though not specifically mentioned as white while wheat. Hope this helps!!
Thanks for looking all that up just for me I knew to look for the Whole Grain and not to buy unbleached or enriched.but I had forgotten about the 3 grams of fiber.Msn oh man zIt is going otbe really hard to find that.What kind do you use? I can fine the whole wheat and the multigrain as I have the think slice sandwich thins and I really like them they are whole grain.

QUOTE=wiz;16542018]Hello all,

Back from my business trip to Dallas. It was hot and I could barely find anything OP to eat. So it was a long week!

This place is hopping! It will take me some time to catch up on everyone's posts. Hope all is well...

TGIF!!![/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfCookie View Post
I have discovered that I do not get my email notifications properly. If I check it on my phone, it doesn't recognize it and send another notification the next time someone responds and therefore I forget to check. I'll have to work on that.

HI WIZ!!!

I got Sydni all enrolled in the new school yesterday. She comes home this weekend and I am so excited. Of course, sunday will be an off the charts eating day because we are having a big family dinner but Monday, I am right back on the beach. I've actually done well Monday-Friday (for the most part) but I still have trouble staying on plan during the weekends. I need to analyze my weekend habits and make some new ones so that Brian gets used to them. Once he retires and we are living together 24/7, he's going to have to learn to eat healthier for both our sakes. He is in great shape and can eat anything he wants. But once he retires from the military, the mandatory PT goes away and it will be much more difficult for him to just eat whatever. Plus I need him to not do that because I suck when tempted with anything! So it's time to start training him, huh? I relocated for him, so he can change his eating habits for me. :-) It'll be good for him. He'll love it!
Old 08-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #439
Berta48

Well gang as you can tell my PC is giving me fits.Each time I start to type my posts to everyone it has a screen that pops up and says the internet has stopped working and I click it out and I loose everything I have typed

SOOO before that happens again.WELCOME back Tracy(WIZ) and Cookie have a great week -end with your family and friends!

EVERYONE have a great week-end until Monday great big hugs to everyone.
My first official PH2 weigh in is Monday.I haven't lost anything yet so I am a bit concerned. I have been on plan so I don't know we will see

Last edited by Berta48; 08-02-2013 at 10:59 AM..
Old 08-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

just be mindful that they aren't health food really.. is there any oil? I can't find what crisps you are talking about online to look at the ingredients.
Quote:

White Whole Wheat Flour is a different variety of wheat!
Whole White Wheat FAQ | The Whole Grains Council

We went 'down the shore' today... Went to a diner.. got myself an omellete with broccoli and turkey sausage (man it was salty though).. got a taco salad for lunch (not many choices for salads, I originally wanted chicken gyro but they didn't have salad) and pulled pork I had leftover from the freezer with some SF bbq sauce and cole slaw.. great OP day..
Old 08-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #441
Senior LCF Member

I thought I was doing good today by having stuffed acorn squash. Reread the foods to avoid list tonight and acorn squash is on that list! I really think this was the first time in almost a month that I wasn't OP. Bummer! Sooo disappointed in myself!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I thought I was doing good today by having stuffed acorn squash. Reread the foods to avoid list tonight and acorn squash is on that list! I really think this was the first time in almost a month that I wasn't OP. Bummer! Sooo disappointed in myself!
It was a real food, I think you can take it easy on yourself ♡ How do you feel? Cravings or anything?

I am trying to plan for Phase 2 next week.
How are or did approach it? Book says 2 good carbs so one starch and one fruit. Did anyone introduce slower?

If you followed the book, do you stick to say brown rice and blueberries for the week or change it up?
Old 08-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #443
Berta48

Quote:
just be mindful that they aren't health food really.. is there any oil? I can't find what crisps you are talking about online to look at the ingredients.

My PC Hard drive is going out so I have to take it into the shop.I will be off line for a week or soBut I will stay o n plan and be back as soon as I can!!!

We went 'down the shore' today... Went to a diner.. got myself an omellete with broccoli and turkey sausage (man it was salty though).. got a taco salad for lunch (not many choices for salads, I originally wanted chicken gyro but they didn't have salad) and pulled pork I had leftover from the freezer with some SF bbq sauce and cole slaw.. great OP day..
Yes they use safflower oil.
Also I have whole white wheat flour, but I am speaking of whole Grain WHITE flour.But I am not going to get into buying those sort of things, as I am finding it hard to stay out of them as much as the un healthy items were.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #444
Berta48

Quote:

OH MERCY ME!!!!! Here are the ingredients NOPE NOT SB FRIENDLY
Calbee is the name brand.... look that name up Calbee snap peas and Lentil Snaps.I highlighted the off plan ingredients!

INGREDIENTS: Red Lentil Beans, Corn Oil, Rice, Onion Thyme Seasoning (Onion Powder, Sea Salt, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Garlic Powder, Brown Sugar, Natural Flavors (Milk), Spices, Yeast Extract, White Distlled Vinegar, Lactic Acid, And Less Than 2% Silicon Dioxide Added As An Anti-caking Agent), Color Additive (Natural Extractives Of Paprika, Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters Of Mono- And Diglycerides, Conola Oil, Natural Favors And Ascorbic Acid), Calcium Carbonate And Ascorbyl Palmitate

CONTAINS: Milk

ALLERGEN INFORMATION: Harvest Snaps do not contain gluten. Harvest Snaps are made in a facility that also manufactures products containing wheat, milk, soy, shrimp and fish.

The SNAP Peas, Corn Oil, rice & salt,calcium carbonate,& vit.C
So I guess these aren't either

Last edited by Berta48; 08-02-2013 at 09:14 PM..
Old 08-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #445
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Hello all,

TGIF!!!
Quote:
It was a real food, I think you can take it easy on yourself ♡ How do you feel? Cravings or anything?

I am trying to plan for Phase 2 next week.
How are or did approach it? Book says 2 good carbs so one starch and one fruit. Did anyone introduce slower?

If you followed the book, do you stick to say brown rice and blueberries for the week or change it up?

Thankfully, I didn't notice any cravings and I fixed it low calorie with 4 oz ground beef and it was split with my husband so only 2 oz meat per serving. Added lots of sauted veggies. Good news is I went down to 149 today! now I've been there many times but its the danger weight for me. Usually after I jump up a couple more lbs.

Actually, don't know about others but I still haven't 'steadily added anything on phase 2 except shredded carrots in my salad mix, and a tiny (about 1") piece of pineapple on my breakfast plate. On phase 1, I got full while picking out each and every speck of orange on my plate. And other than acorn squash I've been sticking to plan. I bought 100% whole wheat bread (not enriched) last week and its low carb but hubby and I are hesitant to even taste it because we're big time bread lovers! So to answer your question I am introducing them much slower.

Last night I checked the carb count of each meal I had last week and most days I am getting 50-70 grams. Looking at the low carb boards I am probably way over since lots are doing under 20. But I am not a meat or egg lover so going too low will be an utter defeat to me as I won't be able to stick it out longer than a day or two. DH and are thinking of increasing meat a little (NOT A PROBLEM FOR HIM) and having lettuce or green beans since they are lower glycemic veggies. I just dot want to get bored. I love beans (butter, red kidney, Lima, pinto etc) but they're limited. Anyone know how long before we can have a larger serving of them, or will it always be limited to 1/2 cup?
Old 08-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Good for you! Sounds like an ideal place to get away. And you stayed on plan even away from home!
Old 08-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Does anyone experience severe leg cramps on this diet? I'm taking extra calcium, potassium twice a day, leg cramp pills pharmacist found for me, and I'm drinking lots of water. I stretch my muscles and still it wakes me up at night several times. Goes from behind my calf on left side to around my ankle to the top of my foot and under the toes. It hurts so bad and can't bend foot because the muscles pull against each other. I find myself walking the floor way too much when I should be sleeping.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #448
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Does anyone experience severe leg cramps on this diet? I'm taking extra calcium, potassium twice a day, leg cramp pills pharmacist found for me, and I'm drinking lots of water. I stretch my muscles and still it wakes me up at night several times. Goes from behind my calf on left side to around my ankle to the top of my foot and under the toes. It hurts so bad and can't bend foot because the muscles pull against each other. I find myself walking the floor way too much when I should be sleeping.
The only time I experience leg cramps is when I am not drinking enough water. And that's true whether I am on SB or not. I don't take any medications or supplements of any kind (beside an occasional Advil), so I can't really comment on the pros or cons of the calcium or potassium you are taking.

I wouldn't think that the foods you are eating would cause something like this. By any chance, have you changed footwear recently? I was having some funny pains at the top of my legs recently and my physical therapist friend asked me about the shoes I had been wearing. As soon as I eliminated the (very high) heeled shoes I wore to several business meetings in a row, the odd pain went away!

2014 Running Miles: 394
2014 Walking Miles: 313
2014 Biking Miles: 513
Old 08-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
The only time I experience leg cramps is when I am not drinking enough water. And that's true whether I am on SB or not. I don't take any medications or supplements of any kind (beside an occasional Advil), so I can't really comment on the pros or cons of the calcium or potassium you are taking.

I wouldn't think that the foods you are eating would cause something like this. By any chance, have you changed footwear recently? I was having some funny pains at the top of my legs recently and my physical therapist friend asked me about the shoes I had been wearing. As soon as I eliminated the (very high) heeled shoes I wore to several business meetings in a row, the odd pain went away!
No Wiz- I haven't changed shoes recently. It's the same cramps I had when I was pregnant many many years ago. But you don't forget leg cramps like that. I'm walking the floor at night trying to uncramp the muscles that awaken me frequently. I have a wrist band that measures my sleep and it shows I sleep 2 hrs deep sleep and then these wake me up. I bought a banana to see if it helps put potassium back in. We'll see if that works.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:08 AM   #450
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
No Wiz- I haven't changed shoes recently. It's the same cramps I had when I was pregnant many many years ago. But you don't forget leg cramps like that. I'm walking the floor at night trying to uncramp the muscles that awaken me frequently. I have a wrist band that measures my sleep and it shows I sleep 2 hrs deep sleep and then these wake me up. I bought a banana to see if it helps put potassium back in. We'll see if that works.
Well, I certainly hope you get it figured out soon, it sounds very painful and certainly not conducive to a good night's sleep...