Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #331
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Hi all - Penny here
I made the best chicken for dinner. Here is the recipe

OVEN BARBEQUED CHICKEN

1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets (or chicken breasts cut in smaller pieces and flattened)
salt and pepper
1/2 onion, rough chop
1 cup or so low sugar barbeque sauce

Salt and pepper chicken, then brown in a little olive oil. Place in baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Saute chopped onion in same skillet till translucent. Place over chicken in baking dish. Pour barbeque sauce over all. Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for 30 - 40 minutes, or until chicken is done. Depends on the size of the chicken pieces.

Mine didn't take quite that long since my pieces of chicken were small, and had almost finished cooking in the skillet. I sauted some veggies - broccoli, squash, green pepper, a little cabbage and a tomato, seasoned with red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning. I ate my chicken cut up right on top of the veggies with a little sauce for taste. I thought it was great! Hubby had his with mashed potatoes and peas. We were both happy with our dinner!!!
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #332
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi Berta-
I must admit that I've never eaten pine nuts, so I can't help with that question. Something that I have found before in the local Publix is roasted (or baked, or something) soy beans. Found them in the organic foods section. Wow - were they good. I'll have to go find them again next shopping day for snacks. Always looking for something good for snacks...
Hi Berta
I found the roasted soy beans today. They are called roasted edamome. (not sure of the spelling). I wound up not getting them. I remember eating them by the handfuls before. I'm going to stick with things that I KNOW I can control. Almonds are another red-light food for me. I CANNOT eat just 15 at a time. It's easier not to even have them in the house.

As far as the bread - Look at the ingredients list - if it has whole wheat flour, or whole grain, or something like that as the first ingredient, you should be alright. What to watch out for is "enriched". That means it has been refined so much that all the goodness has been stripped away, and it's pure carb with no redeeming features. Also look at the fiber content. The more the better. Good, heavy dense bread is the best. Unfortunately, neither hubby or I really love the whole wheat stuff. Sigh.
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #333
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Lazy days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Frustrated! Got on the scale and nothing has moved. Still at 11lbs lost. I want more! I know my problem, but need to get motivation....I am not exercising, I am not counting my nuts and I have a day off of SB during the weekend. I am going back to week one...no going off even a day. I feel good, but I want to lose. Gonna start exercising and staying away from bread and pasta. No miracles here....just have to do it myself!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi Berta
I found the roasted soy beans today. They are called roasted edamome. (not sure of the spelling). I wound up not getting them. I remember eating them by the handfuls before. I'm going to stick with things that I KNOW I can control. Almonds are another red-light food for me. I CANNOT eat just 15 at a time. It's easier not to even have them in the house.

As far as the bread - Look at the ingredients list - if it has whole wheat flour, or whole grain, or something like that as the first ingredient, you should be alright. What to watch out for is "enriched". That means it has been refined so much that all the goodness has been stripped away, and it's pure carb with no redeeming features. Also look at the fiber content. The more the better. Good, heavy dense bread is the best. Unfortunately, neither hubby or I really love the whole wheat stuff. Sigh.

I can pass on the nuts and soybeans but bread is another matter. My breakfast most mornings for the past few years has been a slice of toasted whole wheat bread and several cups of coffee. Bread has always been our weakness. The past few months I have been making sandwich bread in my bread machine and one can gain weight on the smell alone. So no homemade bread for us for a while because I just can't make light whole wheat. Mine comes out like bricks.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #334
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
GMOM
Well I can not say I am not tempted to cheat.HOWEVER my Dr. told me I had 2 choices either follow this plan and lose weight or go on Insulin I opted for the first option.I have been Diabetic 2 for almost ten years and have controlled it by my eating only.But have not been following the right way of eating.

So each time I am tempted I ask myself is it worth dying and taking insulin the rest of my life.Well the answer is absolutely not!I have been telling myself(and will continue) this time it is not a diet it a new way of life.
I am finding so many healthy things that taste so wonderful I can not imagine why I have not eaten this way my entire life.If I had been I would not be in the shape I am in.So I have no one to blame but myself.

I might suggest just asking yourself if it is worth it to eat it or lose weight. My favorite is choc cake too.But it is a RARE occasion now and only a very small slice.(I have not had any since PH1) but that will be my plan for life. There are several ways of making a healthy chocolate cake. Search the internet for healthy choc cake recipes. And then fix it when you get home instead of eating the one at the party.Will it be easy? NO but you can do it. ANd learning self control is what it is all about.

But also remember if you fall off the wgon just get righ tback on !Don't let it be a free for all and go all out. That is wht I have always done in the past.BUT NO MORE I PRAY

P.S. You can eat out just order broied grilled andleave the bread basket alone. Have a steak and salad with side of grilled veggies.Then at their home you could just say you were to full for desert but coffee sounds great!

Berta- I'll have to look up one of those chocolate cake recipes. If I have time after we unpack maybe I can bake one and bring it to my friend's house for DH and I. She won't mind because she knows I'm trying to lose. My girlfriends and I went to a famous restaurant in New Orleans last week and while they were eating scrumptious meals I was eating my salad. It was good too! They felt guilty eating Bread Pudding with white chocolate sauce on top, in front of me, but I asked the waiter for coffee with half and half (which I don't normally use in my coffee) but felt the slight indulgence was better than the guilt I would have felt eating the dessert. I hope my willpower Saturday will be as good. Then Sunday my 8 yr old grandson is having a pool party for his birthday and there'll be tons of delicious food and cakes. I'll have a double dose of willpower, please!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #335
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
I did hit quote after I finished. . Also tried several times and it shows a line for a title which I didn't fill in because I didn't want the message rerouted. It also says I don't have enough words and need at least one character?? There's also an option to "quote message in reply" but it does nothing when I click on it. This is just too too frustrating!

This is another message after about a half doz attempts at sending using quotes so this time I had to go back and cut and paste to try sending again. :-(
Try looking on youtube. There are tutorials for multiquoting on vBulletin (the software this board uses)

You got a message too short reply bc you didn't type anything the quoted messages don't count.
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #336
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
BBQ sauce question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi all - Penny here
I made the best chicken for dinner. Here is the recipe

OVEN BARBEQUED CHICKEN

1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets (or chicken breasts cut in smaller pieces and flattened)
salt and pepper
1/2 onion, rough chop
1 cup or so low sugar barbeque sauce

Salt and pepper chicken, then brown in a little olive oil. Place in baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Saute chopped onion in same skillet till translucent. Place over chicken in baking dish. Pour barbeque sauce over all. Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for 30 - 40 minutes, or until chicken is done. Depends on the size of the chicken pieces.

Mine didn't take quite that long since my pieces of chicken were small, and had almost finished cooking in the skillet. I sauted some veggies - broccoli, squash, green pepper, a little cabbage and a tomato, seasoned with red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning. I ate my chicken cut up right on top of the veggies with a little sauce for taste. I thought it was great! Hubby had his with mashed potatoes and peas. We were both happy with our dinner!!!
Where do you find low sugar BBQ sauce? Or do we just look for the bottle with the lowest carb count?
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
South beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
Try looking on youtube. There are tutorials for multiquoting on vBulletin (the software this board uses)

You got a message too short reply bc you didn't type anything the quoted messages don't count.
I did type a good bit but it may be my connection at the campgrounds since I've had trouble loading web sites a good part of the day. Tomorrow we're going back so I'll see how it goes once I'm home. Or it can just be user error. That's me!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #338
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Where do you find low sugar BBQ sauce? Or do we just look for the bottle with the lowest carb count?
I look for the bottle with the lowest sugar content. I used Stubbs, which has 4 sugars. You could also make the South Beach Barbeque sauce which doesn't have any sugars at all. You can find the recipe for that on one of the phase 1 recipe threads.

Hope this helps,
Penny
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:16 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Peanut cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
Try looking on youtube. There are tutorials for multiquoting on vBulletin (the software this board uses)

You got a message too short reply bc you didn't type anything the quoted messages don't count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Here is a flourless recipe for PNT Butter cookies
no nutrition info since we don't count. I would suggest eating them rarely!

Makes 22 small cookies 2 per serv.

Ingredients
1 lrg egg
1c sweetner (I used Splenda)
1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1 cup creamy Natural pnt butter ( I use Smuckers Natural peanuts & salt only)
1 tsp water
1/3 cup chopped nuts(optional)

Pre heat oven 350F
In mixing bowl, use electric mixer to beat together the egg, Splenda,baking powder,and vanilla for about a minute.Add pnt butter and water and beat together.(The mixture will be dry and broken apart,Just be sure the pnt butter is mixed well with the other ingredients.) Add nuts if useing.

Use a large non stick cookie sheet. Measure a heaping tsp of bsatter for each cookie, then mash down with fork 2 ways leaving criss cross on cookie.Bake 15 min, or slightly longer till feel firm or are slightly browned.
FROM...
Kayln's Kitchen recipe.
Berta-have you tried the peanut butter cookies found elsewear on this site? i made them tonight except the recipe I used didn't call for baking powder, water or nuts. I baked them a little less than the recipe called for. It says on the recipe to store in refrigerator, which I did, and they hold their shape with minimal crumbling. After 18 days straight with no side trips we were wanting something sweet besides jello. They weren't as good as regular cookies but it served its purpose.
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #340
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,989
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Hello SB BUDS
I hope everyone has a wonderful week-end.Stay on plan but have fun and be safe!! I have two more days till PH2

Will check in Mon. with my official PH1 weight loss.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Berta-have you tried the peanut butter cookies found elsewear on this site? i made them tonight except the recipe I used didn't call for baking powder, water or nuts. I baked them a little less than the recipe called for. It says on the recipe to store in refrigerator, which I did, and they hold their shape with minimal crumbling. After 18 days straight with no side trips we were wanting something sweet besides jello. They weren't as good as regular cookies but it served its purpose.
Gmom
No I haven't tried any other.Those went in the trash!!! I start Ph2 Monday, so I can at least have my yogurt with fruit in it or SF pudding! I also bought some white whole wheat flour and white whole wheat pastry flour so I can at least have some healthy bread and cookies from time to time.I will also be able to fix my key lime pie that we love with the nut crust oh my even company likes it!!!It is lime ff yogurt, lime sf jello and whipped topping, in a baked pecan nut crustYou can make it any flavor you want just use the same flavor jello as the yogurt!

Last edited by Berta48; 07-26-2013 at 08:37 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:28 AM   #341
Queen Bargain Shopper
 
Radmom413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood!
Posts: 27,508
Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Happy Weekend all!
Hope everyone is hanging in there!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:52 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Happy Saturday all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Hello SB BUDS
I hope everyone has a wonderful week-end.Stay on plan but have fun and be safe!! I have two more days till PH2

Will check in Mon. with my official PH1 weight loss.




Gmom
No I haven't tried any other.Those went in the trash!!! I start Ph2 Monday, so I can at least have my yogurt with fruit in it or SF pudding! I also bought some white whole wheat flour and white whole wheat pastry flour so I can at least have some healthy bread and cookies from time to time.I will also be able to fix my key lime pie that we love with the nut crust oh my even company likes it!!!It is lime ff yogurt, lime sf jello and whipped topping, in a baked pecan nut crustYou can make it any flavor you want just use the same flavor jello as the yogurt!
Hi all! Weighed in today after camping and I lost 7/10 of a pound. Not much considering I am almost finished week 3 in phase 1. I'm leery of going to P2 that I'll gain my 4 and 7/10 lbs total back.

Berta- that pie sounds great! I love lime!! Will have to try it.

Has anyone tried Linda's low carb recipes on another site? I'd like to try some of her recipes but they have tons more fat and calories than what I was used to eating. Is it possible, for instance, to make quiches using FF half and half instead of regular, or LF cheeses instead of full fat? I can't see how the recipes can fit in with SB without making those changes. But I am in serious need of change from lettuce wraps and I love stews, lasagna, sandwiches, etc!

Also has anyone successfully made a low carb bread that actually tastes good? My DH loves sandwiches and is missing them!
Thanks ladies for any help!
Lola
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #343
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: KS - America's Bread Basket
Posts: 31
Gallery: paulainks
Stats: 215/173.5/129
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 11, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
SB book has alot of different recipes for dressings and Ranch is one of them.I haven't tried it, yet but if I do I"ll let you know how it is.
Great, I'll becurious as to how it turns out. Paula
paulainks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Good Afternoon Beachers - Penny here
I stepped on the scale this morning and I am below 240!!! I have been going up and down... losing and gaining the same 2 or 3 pounds. Frustrating!!

Got home from church and had a salad with sliced steak, red wine vinegar and 2 tbsp. low sugar Italian dressing. It was yummy. Dinner will be cube steaks cooked on the George Forman grill, dinner salad and sautéed veggies left over from yesterday. Hubby will have his with a baked potato and peas. Easy, and everybody's happy. I made spaghetti with meat sauce from scratch yesterday. Hubby had regular spaghetti noodles, I had whole wheat noodles. It's a little extra work, but again, everybody's happy. Poor guy just can't seem to work up any interest in South Beach. Well, not surprising, he isn't overweight. He is trying to eat healthier, though. So some of the things I make are not too obnoxious for him. Sigh. I thought spinach, fresh tomatoes and white beans sautéed with olive oil were delish! Oh will...
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #345
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,989
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Hi Gang
I haven't been able to get on the internet for the last couple of days
This happens with our Internet service from time to time.So aggravating

Well tomorrow is my 1st day of PH2 hoping for at least a 7 or 8 lb loss

I think I will try having toast or else popcorn in the evening.Haven't quite made up my mind


Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi Berta
I found the roasted soy beans today. They are called roasted edamome. (not sure of the spelling). I wound up not getting them. I remember eating them by the handfuls before. I'm going to stick with things that I KNOW I can control. Almonds are another red-light food for me. I CANNOT eat just 15 at a time. It's easier not to even have them in the house.

As far as the bread - Look at the ingredients list - if it has whole wheat flour, or whole grain, or something like that as the first ingredient, you should be alright. What to watch out for is "enriched". That means it has been refined so much that all the goodness has been stripped away, and it's pure carb with no redeeming features. Also look at the fiber content. The more the better. Good, heavy dense bread is the best. Unfortunately, neither hubby or I really love the whole wheat stuff. Sigh.
I haven't eaten them but I have roasted pea pods and baked legumes that are so very good.But it is hard to stop eating them,they're almost as addictive as potato chips.But at least I know they are healthy.
In the SB book it says Whole Grain whole wheat or multigrain or rye but nothing about being whole grain in those two?Anyway I bought whole white wheat flour and whole white wheat pastry flour.So I am making up some bread this week in my bread machine. Betty Crocker site has a whole list of whole grain recipes.I also read when useing whole wheat to just add more water.So I am expiermenting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Berta- I'll have to look up one of those chocolate cake recipes. If I have time after we unpack maybe I can bake one and bring it to my friend's house for DH and I. She won't mind because she knows I'm trying to lose. My girlfriends and I went to a famous restaurant in New Orleans last week and while they were eating scrumptious meals I was eating my salad. It was good too! They felt guilty eating Bread Pudding with white chocolate sauce on top, in front of me, but I asked the waiter for coffee with half and half (which I don't normally use in my coffee) but felt the slight indulgence was better than the guilt I would have felt eating the dessert. I hope my willpower Saturday will be as good. Then Sunday my 8 yr old grandson is having a pool party for his birthday and there'll be tons of delicious food and cakes. I'll have a double dose of willpower, please!
How did your week-end go? I hope you had a nice time and were as successfull as possible. I thought today was going to be bad for me too because I was told we were going Mexican since we couldn't get in anywhere like that last week end.But at the last minute they decided to go to a Mandarin House.So I had stir fry vegetables.Left off all noodles and rice and it was delicious!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Good Afternoon Beachers - Penny here
I stepped on the scale this morning and I am below 240!!! I have been going up and down... losing and gaining the same 2 or 3 pounds. Frustrating!!

Got home from church and had a salad with sliced steak, red wine vinegar and 2 tbsp. low sugar Italian dressing. It was yummy. Dinner will be cube steaks cooked on the George Forman grill, dinner salad and sautéed veggies left over from yesterday. Hubby will have his with a baked potato and peas. Easy, and everybody's happy. I made spaghetti with meat sauce from scratch yesterday. Hubby had regular spaghetti noodles, I had whole wheat noodles. It's a little extra work, but again, everybody's happy. Poor guy just can't seem to work up any interest in South Beach. Well, not surprising, he isn't overweight. He is trying to eat healthier, though. So some of the things I make are not too obnoxious for him. Sigh. I thought spinach, fresh tomatoes and white beans sautéed with olive oil were delish! Oh will...
Hi penny
CONGRATULATIONS beinge below 240 that's AWESOME
I bought some tofu noodles and and they loook like spaghetti and my hubby did not know the difference.We are having them again tomorrow night! I am making meat balls. My Dr. told me about them and I did not think I would like them. But I bought some and they were so good with the meat and sauce.I went back and bought 6 more pks.There are 2 servings to pkg.They look sorta funny as they come packed in water and in a bag.Then you drain them add them into hot water and then drain and use like regular spaghetti!!! Shucks I may become a health nut yet

How did your weigh in go Wednesday? Tomorrow is my last weigh in on PH1.
I am excited. WHOO HOOO PH2 here I come!!!

Nice to see a face with your name!!!

Last edited by Berta48; 07-28-2013 at 08:44 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #346
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,989
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Hi all! Weighed in today after camping and I lost 7/10 of a pound. Not much considering I am almost finished week 3 in phase 1. I'm leery of going to P2 that I'll gain my 4 and 7/10 lbs total back.

Berta- that pie sounds great! I love lime!! Will have to try it.

Has anyone tried Linda's low carb recipes on another site? I'd like to try some of her recipes but they have tons more fat and calories than what I was used to eating. Is it possible, for instance, to make quiches using FF half and half instead of regular, or LF cheeses instead of full fat? I can't see how the recipes can fit in with SB without making those changes. But I am in serious need of change from lettuce wraps and I love stews, lasagna, sandwiches, etc!

Also has anyone successfully made a low carb bread that actually tastes good? My DH loves sandwiches and is missing them!
Thanks ladies for any help!
Lola
Betty Crocker site has Whole Grain recipes. I do not know about about low carb but SB is about Good Carbs & Good Fats, not Low carb!There is a difference!Yes it possible to make quiche out of RF milk OR FF Half N Half( I use a bit of both).Kayln's Kitchen has wonderful SB recipes very, very good ones.Check it out!Soups, Casseroels, Breads, desserts about everything you could ever ask or hope for!She has the Phases of SB listed also!

Last edited by Berta48; 07-28-2013 at 08:43 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #347
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,653
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hello all!!

Penny, nice work on the loss!! And great avi pic

It was a busy weekend. Friday night dinner for my college roommate's birthday, and graduation parties on Saturday and Sunday. Eating was okay, not great.

Got a great 5-mile run done on the boardwalk this morning!

In any case, as always I do Phase 1 on Mondays. Dinner tonight will be Stuffed Mexi Peppers. I roast red peppers at 400 degrees until slightly blackened and skin starting to peel off. For the stuffing, I sautéed low fat chicken sausage with scallions, fire-roasted diced tomatoes, chopped green chilis, fresh cilantro and some RF cheddar jack cheese. They are already done, so after work all I have to do is heat them up in the oven!

Off to Dallas tomorrow for the week...not sure when I will have time to check in again. Hope everyone has a great week!!
__________________
2014 is a new chapter in my journey...I am eager to embrace the changes coming my way and make it work.

2014 Running Miles: 328
2014 Walking Miles: 278
2014 Biking Miles: 456
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #348
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,989
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Good Morning SB BUDS

Well today was the day. My first two weeks are over. I am a bit dissapointed
I lost over the PH1 two weeks 6.4 lbs.I weighed in at 246.8 and started out at 252.2. So I definetely will take it. SO now on to PH2 for however long it may take.I am going according to the book as much as life will allow.My over all plan is to not eat over 2 carbs and two fruit a day, except on rare occasions.

Well I hope everyone is doing well. I will chat with everyone later on perhaps this evening or for certain tomorrow if the Lord tarrys and the creek don't rise

P.S. The reason for my dissapointment is... last Mon. I weighed 247.2, so that means only about 1 lb for this week?But I guess if I loose only one a week that will be ok.

Last edited by Berta48; 07-29-2013 at 07:48 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Weekend parties

How did your week-end go? I hope you had a nice time and were as successfull as possible. I thought today was going to be bad for me too because I was told we were going Mexican since we couldn't get in anywhere like that last week end.But at the last minute they decided to go to a Mandarin House.So I had stir fry vegetables.Left off all noodles and rice and it was delicious!!!



Hi penny
CONGRATULATIONS beinge below 240 that's AWESOME
I bought some tofu noodles and and they loook like spaghetti and my hubby did not know the difference.We are having them again tomorrow night! I am making meat balls. My Dr. told me about them and I did not think I would like them. But I bought some and they were so good with the meat and sauce.I went back and bought 6 more pks.There are 2 servings to pkg.They look sorta funny as they come packed in water and in a bag.Then you drain them add them into hot water and then drain and use like regular spaghetti!!! Shucks I may become a health nut yet

How did your weigh in go Wednesday? Tomorrow is my last weigh in on PH1.
I am excited. WHOO HOOO PH2 here I come!!!

Nice to see a face with your name!!![/QUOTE]


Hi all!
Well, Saturday was my friends birthday celebration. While everyone was eating BBQ ribs, onion rings, dip, et, I had grilled tilapia and steamed broccoli. Instead of chocolate cake I had decaf coffee with a small amount if 2% milk which is what my friend drinks ( she doesn't need to lose weight). Then yesterday was grandsons birthday/pool party. There was smoked brisket, hamburger, hotdogs, potato salad, artichoke spinach dip, meatballs, etc.etc etc. My son rented a popcorn popper like at the movies, and a snowball machine for the kids after they had played in the pool. I was om not having any of that. But the hardest part were the cakes. My d-I-l had ordered 2 specialty cakes. The typical air painted birthday cake with the super heroes on it which was bad enough, but she also had a tall cake made for those on diets that was sugar free and had tons of red ripe strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, etc on top of SF frosting. Unfortunately it had flour In it. :-( But DH and I were good and just had plain hamburger patties and I had a small piece of brisket, one diet coke (which I am not a soft drink kind of person) and lots of bottles water. I did bring the Mio water flavor enhancer and used that in my water for the sweet taste while everyone was eating cake and all the other forbidden foods. Last night I cooked tilapia and green beans and felt we did pretty good Whew! My birthday is in another month and if there will be cake (my husband likes to "surprise" me each year with one... Lol) I am hoping to have a small piece.i feel I will have deserved it by that time. :-)
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #350
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 249
Gallery: Gmomof7
Berta- is it possible to list e name of the noodles you had? I am craving spaghetti and pasta big time. You did great with your weight loss! Any weight loss is better than weight gain, but you did really well! Today is the end of my third week and I've stayed on Phase 1 and only lost about 4 lbs total. I know I'm supposed to go to Ph 2 but I'm concerned the breads, pasta, etc will stall my loss or cause a gain.

Since some of you have recommended recipes from Katlyn can you give specific recipes you have tried and loved? You don't need to type in the recipe..just name the dishes and I'll look for them. I think she's made comments, or maybe it was Linda, that she wasnt happy with some of the results. I only want to try those that others have eaten and liked.

Berta- I didn't think to go to Betty Crocker web site for whole wheat bread recipes. I looked up some recipes on low carb friends that called for strange ingredients..at least strange to me..such as protein isolates? Maybe I didn't get that right but its definitely not something I've seen on my grocers shelves. I have many bread machine recipes from various cookbooks I've gotten over the years but none seem to come out light and fluffy as my white bread recipe that I was using every other day. Leftover bread was put in freezer for bread pudding which I made fairly often. Tsk tsk! But how I miss them! :-)

Wiz- stuffed peppers would be something my husband would love. May make him some soon as he's giving this diet his best shot. He's 218 and wants to get down to under 200.

Penny- not sure how much you weighed before but it sounds like you meant that you finally got under 240. Well that a mini goal that you've met!! Each mini goal leads to the next major goal! Good job!

Well, Beachers, here's to a brand new week!
Lola
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #351
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,989
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmomof7 View Post
Berta- is it possible to list e name of the noodles you had? I am craving spaghetti and pasta big time. You did great with your weight loss! Any weight loss is better than weight gain, but you did really well! Today is the end of my third week and I've stayed on Phase 1 and only lost about 4 lbs total. I know I'm supposed to go to Ph 2 but I'm concerned the breads, pasta, etc will stall my loss or cause a gain.

Since some of you have recommended recipes from Katlyn can you give specific recipes you have tried and loved? You don't need to type in the recipe..just name the dishes and I'll look for them. I think she's made comments, or maybe it was Linda, that she wasnt happy with some of the results. I only want to try those that others have eaten and liked.

Berta- I didn't think to go to Betty Crocker web site for whole wheat bread recipes. I looked up some recipes on low carb friends that called for strange ingredients..at least strange to me..such as protein isolates? Maybe I didn't get that right but its definitely not something I've seen on my grocers shelves. I have many bread machine recipes from various cookbooks I've gotten over the years but none seem to come out light and fluffy as my white bread recipe that I was using every other day. Leftover bread was put in freezer for bread pudding which I made fairly often. Tsk tsk! But how I miss them! :-)

Wiz- stuffed peppers would be something my husband would love. May make him some soon as he's giving this diet his best shot. He's 218 and wants to get down to under 200.

Penny- not sure how much you weighed before but it sounds like you meant that you finally got under 240. Well that a mini goal that you've met!! Each mini goal leads to the next major goal! Good job!

Well, Beachers, here's to a brand new week!
Lola
Lola
We can meniton the name of items just not a web page. The spaghetti noodles are WildWood PastaSlim gluten free and only 40 calories for the entire bag 2 servings per bag.I bought them at our HyVee Store in the Health Food Section.Also purchased spinach ones but I haven't tried them yet as I really don't know wht to do with them

As for Kayln's Kitchen I have tried so many that I don't now what you enjoy, I myself have never tried one we didn't like.

I have a whole white wheat bread loaf in my bread machine now.I added flax seed, sunflower seeds & chopped walnuts I can hardly wait to try it.But will have to wait until tomorrow as I have had my one starch for the day!! got the recipe off of the Whole White Wheat Flour Package and just added my own extra ingredients


P.S. You can do a web search on the WildWood Spaghetti and there is a store locater so it will tell you where to purchase them at. It didn't come up with any in my area but I happen to now it is wrong.... so I don't know in your area!

Last edited by Berta48; 07-29-2013 at 10:56 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #352
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Hi all - Penny here

Lola - I always weigh first thing in the morning, since it is too depressing to weigh at night (you weigh more of the evening). I started my weight loss at 245 about 6 weeks ago. I had gotten down to 237 or 238, but derailed in a big way. Gained every smidgen of weight back. I was so upset with myself. And it's not like I don't know what to eat. I do. I just go off on a tangent and BOOM - right back where I started. I have re-applied myself and this morning I was at 239. Finally, I think I'm back on track.

I had the first of my pre-op Dr.'s appointments today. He said he was ok with the cataract surgery. Had a long talk about the weight. (Knew he would not like it. He didn't)! He told me what I already knew. With the herniated discs in my back, plus the nerve impingement, the only thing besides major back surgery that will help me is to drop weight and exercise. Ok, I know that, but the back hurts too much for me to do a lot of anything. He did give me a mild pain medicine, so I am going to start walking again. Not a lot at first, but anything is better than nothing. As it is now, I can't even walk around the block without pain.

I am staying pretty good with the eating. I find that I will do 3 or 4 days of p1, then I will have an apple, or a whole grain English muffin or the like. That seems to take the edge off the Phase 1 blues. I think I am going to do that for a little while more. Whatever works!!
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #353
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,989
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
GMOM
Here is one recipe from Kalyn's that we both enjoy.But since I don't know you guys food preferences you might not like it like we do! You just have to look at the recipes and see how the ingredients sound to you!







Mexican Baked Eggs with Black Beans, Tomatoes, Green Chiles, and Cilantro
(Makes 4-6 servings, recipe created by Kalyn with inspiration from the recipe for Tuscan Baked Eggs I found in Fine Cooking Make it Tonight.)

1 small onion, finely diced
1-2 tsp. olive oil, depending on the pan
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground Ancho chile pepper (or use any type of chile powder)
1 can (14.5 oz.) tomatoes with juice (preferably petite dice tomatoes)
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained well
1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles (you may not want the whole can if you're sensitive to spicy foods)
4 - 6 eggs
1/4 - 1/2 cup grated cheese (I used Four Cheese Mexican Blend, which is a blend of low-fat cheeses)
chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)

Preheat oven or toaster oven to 450F/230C. Spray either one large casserole dish, three medium gratin dishes, or six individual gratin dishes with olive oil or non-stick spray. Open black beans and drain into a colander placed in the sink, then rinse with cold water until no more foam appears. Let beans drain while you saute onions.

Heat olive oil in a small frying pan with deep sides and saute onions about 2 minutes. Add ground cumin and Ancho chile pepper and saute 2-3 minutes more. Add tomatoes with juice, drained beans, and diced green chiles to the pan with onions and let cook at very low simmer about 20 minutes, or until the mixture is slightly thickened.

Decide whether you're making one large casserole with 6 eggs, 3 medium casseroles with 2 eggs, or 6 individual casseroles with 1 egg, and spray dishes with olive oil or non-stick spray. Spoon a small amount of the tomato-bean mixture in the bottom of each dish (use about half the mixture.) Carefully break the eggs on top of the tomato-bean mixture. Spoon the rest of the mixture around eggs, avoiding the yolk.

Bake the casserole or gratins about 5 minutes, or until the eggs are starting to look set but are still fairly wet looking. (Edit, this will take longer in a large casserole dish.) Remove dish(es) and change oven or toaster oven to broil (Be careful not to burn yourself!) Sprinkle cheese over the top and put dish(es) back in close to the broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Be sure to remove while egg yolk is still soft.

Serve hot, with whole wheat flour tortillas to dip into egg. Also good with salsa and RF sour cream served with it.We don't eat the tortillas but DH does sometimes!


Let me kow if you try it and how you like it OK?



Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi all - Penny here

Lola - I always weigh first thing in the morning, since it is too depressing to weigh at night (you weigh more of the evening). I started my weight loss at 245 about 6 weeks ago. I had gotten down to 237 or 238, but derailed in a big way. Gained every smidgen of weight back. I was so upset with myself. And it's not like I don't know what to eat. I do. I just go off on a tangent and BOOM - right back where I started. I have re-applied myself and this morning I was at 239. Finally, I think I'm back on track.

I had the first of my pre-op Dr.'s appointments today. He said he was ok with the cataract surgery. Had a long talk about the weight. (Knew he would not like it. He didn't)! He told me what I already knew. With the herniated discs in my back, plus the nerve impingement, the only thing besides major back surgery that will help me is to drop weight and exercise. Ok, I know that, but the back hurts too much for me to do a lot of anything. He did give me a mild pain medicine, so I am going to start walking again. Not a lot at first, but anything is better than nothing. As it is now, I can't even walk around the block without pain.

I am staying pretty good with the eating. I find that I will do 3 or 4 days of p1, then I will have an apple, or a whole grain English muffin or the like. That seems to take the edge off the Phase 1 blues. I think I am going to do that for a little while more. Whatever works!!
Penny
Sounds like you have a planI heard a saying the other day and here it is.....
Eating Healthy and right is hard and being fat is hard...
CHOOSE YOUR HARD!

I always try to remember this and also when the tempter boggels my mind I have a nice long talk with Jesus and he walks me through! Now that is not to say I will always listenAs soeitmes I loose the battle!
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #354
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,989
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Here is my Key Lime Pie Nut Crust Recipe....

Crust...
2 1/2 c. groundpecans
1/4tsp cinnamon.1/3 c Splenda
4 tbs melted margarine of choice.

Directions...
Stir together nuts, cinn. & Splenda. Mix in melted marg.
Press mixture in deep dish pie pan.
chill un baked crust for 45 min.
Then place on cookie sheet in pre heated 350F oven on middle rack.

Bake for 12-15 min, or until lightly brown,. Be careful as nut crust burns easily and does not have to be black to taste burnt.

Cool completely before filling.

Filling...
1/4c boling hot water(yes only 1/4c.
1 pkg(4serv.) ff jello Key lime or any flavor jello
6oz key lime yogurt or any flavor to match the Jello you are useing.
1- 8 oz tub lite cool whip thawed.

Directions
...
In microwave heat water to boiling45sec toto 1 1/2 min.
WHISK in jello until complelety dissolved.

In large bowl WHISK tigether the jello mixture abd yogurt, FOLD in whipped topping.Carefully spread into baked and cooled nut crust and refrigerate for 4 hrs or until set. Serves 8 people!!!


We love this and our company also has enjoyed it. If any one trys it.PLEASE let me know how you liked it or didn't like it OK??

Last edited by Berta48; 07-29-2013 at 01:25 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #355
Senior LCF Member
 
vfCookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 669
Gallery: vfCookie
Stats: kilo 109/83.9/70
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 24 August 2007
I thought I'd pop in and say hello since I've not been here in quite some time. Somehow I've managed to pretty much maintain my 55+ lb weight loss over the past 4 or 5 years. Has it really been that long? Holy cow! It's gone up a bit and then I get it back down. Those of y'all who have known me for a while know how crazy and fickel my life is so it's time to settle down, reign it in, and get back to something that feels normal. My shoulder injury took a lot out of me and I had surgery May 1 and am still recovering and doing physical therapy. I accepted a position with a law firm in Kansas. I'm crazy in love still...with the same guy. Don't laugh. It may be a record for me. Oldest kids have moved away...son is a Marine in Japan now, oldest daughter and grandbaby are doing well, so now it's just me and my awesome 12 year old (who has been at her dad's in France all summer and FINALLY returns on Saturday!!!) So that's life in a nutshell.

So Rose, how is this working now? I see ONE thread and hundreds of posts. I'm gonna be lost.

Wiz - great to see you as always my dear. I am determined to finish that blasted couch to 5k program by January 1.

Berta - hello dear. Oh my I love pie! And I really love Key Lime Pie. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for sharing.

Howdy to everyone else. Have a great monday.
__________________

Cookie

If stress burned calories, I'd be a size 5!

proud member of the 60 lb club!

Cookie Crumbs (journal)
vfCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #356
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,989
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfCookie View Post
I thought I'd pop in and say hello since I've not been here in quite some time. Somehow I've managed to pretty much maintain my 55+ lb weight loss over the past 4 or 5 years. Has it really been that long? Holy cow! It's gone up a bit and then I get it back down. Those of y'all who have known me for a while know how crazy and fickel my life is so it's time to settle down, reign it in, and get back to something that feels normal. My shoulder injury took a lot out of me and I had surgery May 1 and am still recovering and doing physical therapy. I accepted a position with a law firm in Kansas. I'm crazy in love still...with the same guy. Don't laugh. It may be a record for me. Oldest kids have moved away...son is a Marine in Japan now, oldest daughter and grandbaby are doing well, so now it's just me and my awesome 12 year old (who has been at her dad's in France all summer and FINALLY returns on Saturday!!!) So that's life in a nutshell.

So Rose, how is this working now? I see ONE thread and hundreds of posts. I'm gonna be lost.

Wiz - great to see you as always my dear. I am determined to finish that blasted couch to 5k program by January 1.

Berta - hello dear. Oh my I love pie! And I really love Key Lime Pie. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks for sharing.

Howdy to everyone else. Have a great monday.
COOKIE
It has been a loooong time!!! So nice to see you again!!!

I just came back myself.Today is my first day of PH2. I have STRICT DRS. orders to lose weight and live by SB or take Insulin.Guess which I chose?

Keep in touch stay with us.We all need the encouragement and support!!!

You are welcome for the recipe.I have a whole lot more to share later
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member
 
vfCookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 669
Gallery: vfCookie
Stats: kilo 109/83.9/70
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 24 August 2007
Berta, I believe I would have chosen the same thing. My challenge is to do this on a budget. I know it can be done. I just have to do it! I've become quite a budget diva and planning out my menus is detrimental to staying within my financial budget and my "nutritional budget". I'm trying to teach my daughter about portion control etc. but have chosen to do so by presenting it as a money/budget issue and not a weight issue. It doesn't hurt her feelings for me to say, "I'm poor. This amount of food has to last till pay day. This is a serving size so it should last X number of meals."

It has helped a lot and her dad commented this summer that she isn't eating mindlessly like she used to. I don't care what her actual size is as long as she is healthy. That's the best we can do as parents. Give em what they need and love em no matter what.
vfCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #358
Senior LCF Member
 
gailbayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 146
Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Hi all - Penny here
I made it through another day of eating well. We had olive garden soup and salad for lunch after the Dr's appt. (Pasta Fagioli) No bread sticks or white pasta for me!! I had 10 - 15 almonds for snack and I made a yummy chicken and veggie soup for dinner with a sliced peach for dessert. I couldn't believe it, Hubby actually liked the soup!!! (He had 2 bowls!!) That's been a real challenge for me, him not liking the South Beach cuisine.

Berta, you're right. I'll have to just make something and put it in front of him. If he doesn't like it, He knows where the peanut butter and jelly are. (Am I bad or what??)

PENNY'S CHICKEN VEGGIE SOUP

2 TBSP olive oil
1 small chicken breast, cubed
1 onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 fresh tomato, peeled and diced
1 carrot, diced
handful whole wheat pasta, about 1/4 cup
1 carton fat free, low sodium chicken broth

Heat olive oil in a soup pot. Cook diced chicken with all the veggies, about 8 minutes. Season with poultry seasoning, fresh ground pepper, few pepper flakes, garlic powder, paprika, whatever your family likes. Add chicken broth. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Add whole wheat pasta. Simmer low and slow till pasta is cooked to your liking.
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #359
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,989
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi all - Penny here
I made it through another day of eating well. We had olive garden soup and salad for lunch after the Dr's appt. (Pasta Fagioli) No bread sticks or white pasta for me!! I had 10 - 15 almonds for snack and I made a yummy chicken and veggie soup for dinner with a sliced peach for dessert. I couldn't believe it, Hubby actually liked the soup!!! (He had 2 bowls!!) That's been a real challenge for me, him not liking the South Beach cuisine.

Berta, you're right. I'll have to just make something and put it in front of him. If he doesn't like it, He knows where the peanut butter and jelly are. (Am I bad or what??)

PENNY'S CHICKEN VEGGIE SOUP

2 TBSP olive oil
1 small chicken breast, cubed
1 onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 fresh tomato, peeled and diced
1 carrot, diced
handful whole wheat pasta, about 1/4 cup
1 carton fat free, low sodium chicken broth

Heat olive oil in a soup pot. Cook diced chicken with all the veggies, about 8 minutes. Season with poultry seasoning, fresh ground pepper, few pepper flakes, garlic powder, paprika, whatever your family likes. Add chicken broth. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Add whole wheat pasta. Simmer low and slow till pasta is cooked to your liking.
Penny
No you are not bad. He would have to eat PNT Butter and jelly if you died .SO stay healthy and live!!! There are so many things that are good if they don't know itDH ate the tofu nspaghetti tongiht with meatballs and sauce and ate like he was starving.He didn't know it was Tofu until I told him right in the middle of his eating it. He said wow it is goodI didn't THINK I would like it either but we will be having it more often now!

My whole grain bread turned out fabulous.It is soft just like regular bread and so good. I took one bite had to taste it ya knowTomorrow I believe it will be eggs turkey bacon and toast!


P>S> Your soup sounds really good!
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #360
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 301
Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Hi everyone! Had a long weekend but did well! I made peanut butter cookies. I had crunchy peanut butter on hand and used xylitol/erythritol (no funny aftertaste) had 2 cookies and some skim milk.

Biggest challenge will be this weekend for my husband's birthday. My MIL insists on taking us out.

I made some yummy dishes that I will share. Kalyn's Kitchen Cannelini Bean and Sausage Stew (we used red kidney and chickpea ).pinterest recipe
Ingredients:

1.5 lbs. ground meat (I used 1 lb. of grass-fed ground beef & 1/2 lb. of ground pork.)
2 eggs
6 oz. tomato paste
1/2 c. almond flour
1 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. oregano
1.5 Tbl. dried onion flakes
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
3 Tbl. water
3/4 c. marinara sauce

Directions:

Place everything except the marinara sauce into a mixing bowl.
Mix with a stand mixer or your hands. Note: A little spoon-mixing isn’t going to cut it for meatloaf. You either need to use a stand mixer or get your hands dirty. That’s the only way it’s going to hold together.
Spray a 12-cup muffin pan (or grease with your choice of fat).
Divide the meat mixture evenly into the 12 muffin cups.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and top each meatloaf with a scant 1 Tbl. marinara sauce.
Bake an additional 15 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked.
Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.