Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #271
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hello all!!

We had a wonderful long weekend with my brother, his wife and my adorable 8 and 9 year old nieces visiting us here at the Jersey shore. We hit the beach, the boardwalk, out to dinner, BBQ'ing here, etc. Lots of fun had by all.

For our dinner at home, it was all SB friendly!! I made a Chilled Carrot Cumin soup to start, we grilled steak and (locally caught) lobster tails, made oven baked sweet potato wedges with a chipotle scallion cream drizzle, sliced gorgeous Jersey tomatoes with avocado, fresh mozz and topped with a cilantro lime vinaigrette and had home-made dark chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. I always say you can eat like royalty on SB

I need to catch up on everyone's posts, but hope all are doing well.

No business travel this week!! Yea!!

2014 Running Miles: 224
2014 Walking Miles: 214
2014 Biking Miles: 380
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #272
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Good Morning SB Buds
Well today was my OFFICIAL weigh in. First week over. AND NO CHEATS, for me that is AMAZING!!!
I lost nearly five lbs I was 252.2 last Mon. today 247.6. i am hoping for almost taht much this week too. I do know it will begin to slow down but steady is good.The turtle won the race right

So one more week to go. I fought it last night REALLY BAD! I was thinking popcorn, popcorn ,popcorn,But I overcame and I ate a handful of mixed nuts instead, one at a time.It seemed to suffice.We were watching a really good movie! This is the area I am tempted the most.But when I can have those berries again I am making smoothies with RF Greek Yogurt! OR my celery and RF cream cheese or PNT B.I csan then have 3c of popcorn too!!!
YES I CAN DO THIS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Hello all!!

We had a wonderful long weekend with my brother, his wife and my adorable 8 and 9 year old nieces visiting us here at the Jersey shore. We hit the beach, the boardwalk, out to dinner, BBQ'ing here, etc. Lots of fun had by all.

For our dinner at home, it was all SB friendly!! I made a Chilled Carrot Cumin soup to start, we grilled steak and (locally caught) lobster tails, made oven baked sweet potato wedges with a chipotle scallion cream drizzle, sliced gorgeous Jersey tomatoes with avocado, fresh mozz and topped with a cilantro lime vinaigrette and had home-made dark chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. I always say you can eat like royalty on SB

Isn't it nice to have get togethers like that? So much fun!
I am happy you had a nice time as family is so important!
The food sounded amazing.I agree with you, SB has the BEST FOOD EVER!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
YES! Way to go Berta!! It feels so good when you are in control. Not always easy.

Keep going...We can all do this..
Thank you Jeri
Yes, I nearly strutted out of that restaurant!And feeling very satisfied at thatIt is all about our choices isn't it?

WHERE is ROSE:dunno:I have been missng her here.

Penny
CHECK IN GIRLFRIEND!!!!

Last edited by Berta48; 07-22-2013 at 09:07 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gailbayne
Stats: 245/237.5/150
Start Date: 05/18/2013
Hi Berta -

CONGRATULATIONS!! THAT'S WONDERFUL!! I am so happy for you. Get that scale going in the right direction!! We are almost neck and neck. I started at 245 and now I'm at 239.5.

I have been feeling puny, though. Not good at all. My tummy was upset and I was a little bit nauseous. Unfortunately, the only thing that helps me then is 7-Up. The real stuff, not diet. So yesterday was a bust, didn't eat hardly anything, and what I did eat was not phase 1. Oh Well, it happened. Today is better, I had baked fish with zucchini, broccoli and green pepper cooked with garlic, lemon and white wine. Tasted wonderful!! Whatever was bothering me is over, apparently. YEA!!

I am not discouraged, though. Slips will happen, and it's not like I had pie or cake or anything like that. Wednesday will be 1 week for me. I stepped on the scale today and I'm definitely down, about 5.5 pounds total from the very beginning. (That was about 6 weeks ago). I am going to hold firm with this and get through these phase 1 weeks. I always have trouble at first. Somebody, I think it was Jeri, said she thought sometimes there ARE withdrawal pangs on p1.

Wiz - I'm so glad you had a good time with your family. And good for you for sticking to faithfully on program. Your menu sounds wonderful. Dark Chocolate covered strawberries...Heavenly!!

We are having a heavy rain here in Central Florida right now. Trying to get to the store to get a few things for Hubby. He is having a colonoscopy Wednesday, so he starts that lovely prep tomorrow at 1 pm. No solid food for him tomorrow. Need to pick up some lime jello, gaterade and frozen pop cycles for him. Yum...(not).

I'm going to make him some home-made bean soup for when I bring him home Wednesday afternoon. He likes it and it's fine for me.

More later,
Penny

Last edited by gailbayne; 07-22-2013 at 01:15 PM..
gailbayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
Hello everyone, been catching up on everyone. Nice to see some old faces and new ones!

I see myself in so many of the last few posts... can't seem to get it together.. around the holidays I just stopped paying attention... I gained back 5lbs. It has just been so much harder after having my daughter to get back on track. I have been cooking at home the last week so I feel like I can start keeping track again.

I think the hardest for me is always breakfast vegetables! Green beans and broccoli I seem to enjoy.
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
Start Date: June 2013
Eating my low carb pizza for supper. Yum!

Drinking my water. Very busy week and everything includes FOOD! Ugh...part of me wants to crawl in a closet and come out when I lost what I need to lose..
Have a wonderful week all!
Jericrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #276
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: paulainks
Stats: 215/173.5/129
Start Date: June 11, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post

I think the hardest for me is always breakfast vegetables! Green beans and broccoli I seem to enjoy.
Zucchini, spinach and/or tomatoes is awesome in scrambled eggs.

Thanks to this site, i went to Kaylyn's Kitchen, some good recipes with common sense tips. Today I made up a batch of taco meant and put in individual containers in my fridge. portioned and ready to go.

Trying to get in more exercise too, which give my current level really shouldn't bar hard to amp it up. I work from home as an IT person, so I spend a ot of time in front of the computer.
paulainks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Hi All - Penny here
End of day 5 for me. Did very well today. Feeling a little better. I made sure I had my snacks. Maybe the problem is not eating enough. I really do not like feeling so light-headed and lethargic. Tummy problems seem to have completely left me. I have to make a better attempt at the veggies. Had them in my lunch, and drank a can of v-8 as part of a snack. (I took a cheese stick, wrapped a slice of deli-ham around it and dipped it in mild Dijon mustard). Better than I thought it would be.

I will be on my own in the kitchen tomorrow, since Hubby will be on liquids for the procedure. Poor guy, he's not looking forward to that. He doesn't mind the procedure, its the getting ready that's the pits.

Hope everybody has a great rest of their week.
Talk soon

Last edited by gailbayne; 07-22-2013 at 05:54 PM..
Old 07-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #278
Berta48

Quote:

Drinking my water. Very busy week and everything includes FOOD! Ugh...part of me wants to crawl in a closet and come out when I lost what I need to lose..
I need to try that one.Is it PH2 friendly?I am thinking that it is

Quote:
Hello everyone, been catching up on everyone. Nice to see some old faces and new ones!

I see myself in so many of the last few posts... can't seem to get it together.. around the holidays I just stopped paying attention... I gained back 5lbs. It has just been so much harder after having my daughter to get back on track. I have been cooking at home the last week so I feel like I can start keeping track again.

I drink V8 for my breakfast vegetables or a sliced tomato. Just a suggestion.I remember your face from last time I was on SB. But not your name
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailbayne View Post
Hi Berta -

CONGRATULATIONS!! THAT'S WONDERFUL!! I am so happy for you. Get that scale going in the right direction!! We are almost neck and neck. I started at 245 and now I'm at 239.5.

I have been feeling puny, though. Not good at all. My tummy was upset and I was a little bit nauseous. Unfortunately, the only thing that helps me then is 7-Up. The real stuff, not diet. So yesterday was a bust, didn't eat hardly anything, and what I did eat was not phase 1. Oh Well, it happened. Today is better, I had baked fish with zucchini, broccoli and green pepper cooked with garlic, lemon and white wine. Tasted wonderful!! Whatever was bothering me is over, apparently. YEA!!

I am not discouraged, though. Slips will happen, and it's not like I had pie or cake or anything like that. Wednesday will be 1 week for me. I stepped on the scale today and I'm definitely down, about 5.5 pounds total from the very beginning. (That was about 6 weeks ago). I am going to hold firm with this and get through these phase 1 weeks. I always have trouble at first. Somebody, I think it was Jeri, said she thought sometimes there ARE withdrawal pangs on p1.

Wiz - I'm so glad you had a good time with your family. And good for you for sticking to faithfully on program. Your menu sounds wonderful. Dark Chocolate covered strawberries...Heavenly!!

We are having a heavy rain here in Central Florida right now. Trying to get to the store to get a few things for Hubby. He is having a colonoscopy Wednesday, so he starts that lovely prep tomorrow at 1 pm. No solid food for him tomorrow. Need to pick up some lime jello, gaterade and frozen pop cycles for him. Yum...(not).

I'm going to make him some home-made bean soup for when I bring him home Wednesday afternoon. He likes it and it's fine for me.

More later,
Penny
Hello Penny
Well thank you! I was happy, now for another week You are waaaay ahead of me.I was a t239 about nine months ago, but just kept gaining.That was then though, this is now!

I am not absolutely certain but I don't think wine is allowed on PH1. Just a heads up.It probably won't hurt the one time. I sorta kind over ate on the nuts this evening but not really bad. Like maybe 8 or 9 extra.

I hope all goes well for Hubby.I do not envy him at all poor guy

Keep us informed on you weigh in Wed. I am hoping for at least another 4lbs this week.Then I know the losses will slow down, but as long as I can get at least 1lb a week off.I wish for 2 a week but don't know if that is feasible?

Last edited by Berta48; 07-22-2013 at 07:28 PM..
Old 07-23-2013, 04:57 AM   #279
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

On the topic of breakfast veggies...a half cup of salsa (make sure there's no sugar in it) with your eggs is an easy way to get some veggies in.

I also make extra of my dinner vegetables to use for breakfast. Great example is sautéed zucchini, onion, tomato. I make a ton of it, then use it as a filler for an omelet or make a quiche with it.

This week I made some quiche cups with shredded zucchini, chopped sun dried tomatoes and scallions, with RF mozzarella and parm cheese. I also like spinach, roasted red peppers and mushrooms. And yes, broccoli is good too.

Berta, great job on the loss!!

Glitter, nice to see you back here...you CAN do this!

Penny, hope you are feeling better

Paula, I work from home too (except when I am traveling for business, which seems kind of constant these days ) I am a Global Sales Director for a telecom company.

Jeri, I know exactly what you mean. That interim time as you pass through your weight loss journey can seem to take so long and have so many pitfalls. But I can tell you - keep going!! Hitting your goal weight is a moment of beauty, it is so worth it.

Hope you all have a great day! I'm off to a meeting and have a 2 hour drive each way ahead of me.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Good reminder about the water

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulainks View Post
Zucchini, spinach and/or tomatoes is awesome in scrambled eggs.

Thanks to this site, i went to Kaylyn's Kitchen, some good recipes with common sense tips. Today I made up a batch of taco meant and put in individual containers in my fridge. portioned and ready to go.

Trying to get in more exercise too, which give my current level really shouldn't bar hard to amp it up. I work from home as an IT person, so I spend a ot of time in front of the computer.
I do love Kayln's Kitchen.. been a staple for me.. thanks for the suggestion on the combination that sounds good. Taco meat freezes well too!!!
I work in IT as well

Quote:
Hi All - Penny here
End of day 5 for me. Did very well today. Feeling a little better. I made sure I had my snacks. Maybe the problem is not eating enough. I really do not like feeling so light-headed and lethargic. Tummy problems seem to have completely left me. I have to make a better attempt at the veggies. Had them in my lunch, and drank a can of v-8 as part of a snack. (I took a cheese stick, wrapped a slice of deli-ham around it and dipped it in mild Dijon mustard). Better than I thought it would be.

I will be on my own in the kitchen tomorrow, since Hubby will be on liquids for the procedure. Poor guy, he's not looking forward to that. He doesn't mind the procedure, its the getting ready that's the pits.

Hope everybody has a great rest of their week.
Talk soon
Best wishes for your husband! I forgot my snack today.. looks like I'll go out and buy some snacks at the grocery store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
I drink V8 for my breakfast vegetables or a sliced tomato. Just a suggestion.I remember your face from last time I was on SB. But not your name

Hello Penny
Well thank you! I was happy, now for another week You are waaaay ahead of me.I was a t239 about nine months ago, but just kept gaining.That was then though, this is now!

I am not absolutely certain but I don't think wine is allowed on PH1. Just a heads up.It probably won't hurt the one time. I sorta kind over ate on the nuts this evening but not really bad. Like maybe 8 or 9 extra.

I hope all goes well for Hubby.I do not envy him at all poor guy

Keep us informed on you weigh in Wed. I am hoping for at least another 4lbs this week.Then I know the losses will slow down, but as long as I can get at least 1lb a week off.I wish for 2 a week but don't know if that is feasible?
Hi Roberta, my name is Irene! I'll have to put it in my siggy You are doing so well! Wine isn't Phase1 approved, I do remember that! 8 or 9 nuts isn't so bad.. not even an ounce over

Quote:
On the topic of breakfast veggies...a half cup of salsa (make sure there's no sugar in it) with your eggs is an easy way to get some veggies in.

I also make extra of my dinner vegetables to use for breakfast. Great example is sautéed zucchini, onion, tomato. I make a ton of it, then use it as a filler for an omelet or make a quiche with it.

This week I made some quiche cups with shredded zucchini, chopped sun dried tomatoes and scallions, with RF mozzarella and parm cheese. I also like spinach, roasted red peppers and mushrooms. And yes, broccoli is good too.

Berta, great job on the loss!!

Glitter, nice to see you back here...you CAN do this!

Hope you all have a great day! I'm off to a meeting and have a 2 hour drive each way ahead of me.
Thank you for the warm welcome Shredded zucchini is really good.. I love putting it in turkey meatloaf!

Amy's salsa is so good (no sugar!)

I had some frozen spinach (I took out my scale to see what half a cup looked like, not so bad, mixed in the eggs easily) got my water, just need to go out for snacks after lunch..
Old 07-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Hi all -
Day 6 - starting off good with 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of cut up squash and green pepper + 1/4 cup ham and 1 slice swiss cheese. It was hard to see hubby not eating as I made my breakfast. He eventually went out for a walk, so I felt little better. Had everything cleaned up by the time he came back in. Getting ready to go to the store for a few things. Never got to go yesterday, it rained so hard. Going to pick up gaterade, pop-cycles, jello, anything he can have today. (It's not much). I feel so bad for him. Poor guy.
More later.
Penny
Old 07-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Hey Everyone!
Sounds like lots of success happening out there.
Breakfast for me was onion, peppers, and spinach sauteed...crack an egg over top, add a small amount of water, put the pan cover on and let steam til egg is at consistency wanted. cheese stick, coffee and small tomato juice.

Lunch will be left over low carb pizza and stirfry peppers and onions on the side.

Supper; going out for a belated birthday with my little sis to Red Robin. I checked out the menu ahead of time and plan on getting grilled chicken on a whole grain bun, and I saw they substitute a salad for fries at no additional cost. Water always with meals. If I want a pop, I am not spending the money at a restaurant on it. It is my treat for later.

Tomorrow morning I am going to Big Apple Bagels for breakfast and looked at the menu there. Egg, ham and tomato on whole grain bagel. I will only eat half cuz I know how much bagels have in calories. (their's are huge) Coffee and water.

Planning ahead makes me feel in control....
I hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I need to try that one.Is it PH2 friendly?I am thinking that it is
Yes, Pizza is phase 2 friendly and phase 1 also. Crust is eggs, parmesan and ff or low fat cream cheese. The topping could be olive oil, tomatoes, fresh basil and low fat mozzarella. I did spaghetti sauce, onions, peppers and ham.

You could add pineapple to it (phase 2) also.

I tried something new today.
Frozen hot chocolate

1 pkg Swiss Miss diet hot chocolate (dry)
1/2 cup skim milk
3-4 ice cubes
sugar free choc syrup
sugar free whipped topping

mix 1st three ingredients in blender til well mixed. Pour into a coffee mug. Garnish with a little whipped cream and drizzle choc syrup. It was yummy!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello all!!

Sounds delicious and gourmet!!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #285
Berta48

HI Irene I hope you are good today. You are sure looking good!! Do you remember me from a year or two ago? Michelle was here too.I wish she would come back!She was such and encourager to me

Quote:
Yes, Pizza is phase 2 friendly and phase 1 also. Crust is eggs, parmesan and ff or low fat cream cheese. The topping could be olive oil, tomatoes, fresh basil and low fat mozzarella. I did spaghetti sauce, onions, peppers and ham.

You could add pineapple to it (phase 2) also.

I tried something new today.
Frozen hot chocolate

1 pkg Swiss Miss diet hot chocolate (dry)
1/2 cup skim milk
3-4 ice cubes
sugar free choc syrup
sugar free whipped topping

mix 1st three ingredients in blender til well mixed. Pour into a coffee mug. Garnish with a little whipped cream and drizzle choc syrup. It was yummy!
OHHHH sounds so yummy! I really am wanting a smoothie but I have to wait for PH2 as no Fruit PH1. Maybe I could make one with FF greek yogurt and cocoa powder and FF Choc milk? OHH YES and I haven't eaten breakfast yet. Guess what I'm having

Quote:
Hi all -
Day 6 - starting off good with 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of cut up squash and green pepper + 1/4 cup ham and 1 slice swiss cheese. It was hard to see hubby not eating as I made my breakfast. He eventually went out for a walk, so I felt little better. Had everything cleaned up by the time he came back in. Getting ready to go to the store for a few things. Never got to go yesterday, it rained so hard. Going to pick up gaterade, pop-cicles, jello, anything he can have today. (It's not much). I feel so bad for him. Poor guy.
More later.
Penny
That sounds really goood!!
Not much time to chat as it is late and I have a ton of Quilting to get done.My embroidery machine has been in the shop and I am WAAAAAAY behind!

Quote:
Hey Everyone!
Sounds like lots of success happening out there.
Breakfast for me was onion, peppers, and spinach sauteed...crack an egg over top, add a small amount of water, put the pan cover on and let steam til egg is at consistency wanted. cheese stick, coffee and small tomato juice.

Lunch will be left over low carb pizza and stirfry peppers and onions on the side.

Supper; going out for a belated birthday with my little sis to Red Robin. I checked out the menu ahead of time and plan on getting grilled chicken on a whole grain bun, and I saw they substitute a salad for fries at no additional cost. Water always with meals. If I want a pop, I am not spending the money at a restaurant on it. It is my treat for later.

Tomorrow morning I am going to Big Apple Bagels for breakfast and looked at the menu there. Egg, ham and tomato on whole grain bagel. I will only eat half cuz I know how much bagels have in calories. (their's are huge) Coffee and water.

Planning ahead makes me feel in control....
I hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday!
I'm having that pizza for lunch today!!!! I have the recipe you posted awhile back!!!I have canadian bacon and turkey bacon,mushrooms, zuchinni,onions, green peppers, black olives and RF mozzerella cheese

I wonder where Rose,Cindy and Wiz are I hope we haven't ran them off They are the SB Professonials I miss them

Last edited by Berta48; 07-23-2013 at 11:05 AM..
Old 07-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
HI Irene I hope you are good today. You are sure looking good!! Do you remember me from a year or two ago? Michelle was here too.I wish she would come back!She was such and encourager to me

OHHHH sounds so yummy! I really am wanting a smoothie but I have to wait for PH2 as no Fruit PH1. Maybe I could make one with FF greek yogurt and cocoa powder and FF Choc milk? OHH YES and I haven't eaten breakfast yet. Guess what I'm having
I do remember you Thanks so much for the compliment, that is so sweet of you to say.
Everyone at every stage have been so very helpful.. very much missing Michelle..

mmm chocolate smoothie.. how was it?

so many great breakfasts and recipes.. must find that pizza one.

I had some leftover roasted chicken.. cauliflower & broccoli.. I was too busy to go out for snacks and well, I am suspect of the peanuts in the vending machine (freshness more than anything, our vending machine people aren't so good at replacing items) I am chugging water and drinking tea.. not starving but a cheese stick or tomato would hit the spot.

I am making tandoori chicken with roasted broccoli for dinner.. thank goodness the tandoori spice I got from penzey's has no sugar in it.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #287
Berta48

Quote:
I do remember you Thanks so much for the compliment, that is so sweet of you to say.
Everyone at every stage have been so very helpful.. very much missing Michelle..

mmm chocolate smoothie.. how was it?

so many great breakfasts and recipes.. must find that pizza one.

I had some leftover roasted chicken.. cauliflower & broccoli.. I was too busy to go out for snacks and well, I am suspect of the peanuts in the vending machine (freshness more than anything, our vending machine people aren't so good at replacing items) I am chugging water and drinking tea.. not starving but a cheese stick or tomato would hit the spot.

I am making tandoori chicken with roasted broccoli for dinner.. thank goodness the tandoori spice I got from penzey's has no sugar in it.
I have the pizza baking as I type. Jeri gave it to us, it is posted a few pages back.
My smoothie was good but thin as no frozen berries to thicken it. But I used vanilla ff greek yogurt, torani sf choc syrup and Hood calorie count down chocolate milk.One cup of each except thre syrup. Blended it in my smoothie maker and added ice .It really was quite good just not thick
Old 07-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #288
Berta48

Jeri
I made the pizza for lunch It was good except the crust got almost burnt and it was sorta soggy.Other than that it was delicious! My DH ate some when he got home and he liked it too.He likes burnt things so he said that was his favorite part

I wasn't sure how much to eat so I ate 2 squares of it. It might have been soggy because I did not have a full cup of powdered parmesan and added about 1/4 cup of regular parmesan to make a full cup

I put on 3oz lean cubed farmland ham and canadian bacon, peppers,black olives, onions,mushrooms. After I had it in the oven I thought shoot I should have diced up one of my tomatoes.We are getting them off our vine now fresh

Thanks for the recipe!Where did you get it at?

Last edited by Berta48; 07-23-2013 at 03:32 PM..
Old 07-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #289
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!

Back from our weekend out of town.
Detoured a bit, but back on track today!

Love the frozen hot chocolate recipe Jeri - you have got some great idea's for me!!!!

Berta - WAY TO GO!!!!!

I have issues with veggies at breakfast too....

Hi to everyone I haven't "met" yet.....I have been a Beacher for a while, took a couple detours, but truly do find this to be the best way to eat for me.

Let's have a great week!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
Start Date: 1/2005
thanks for the kind thoughts and advice everyone. Home today from the hospital. It will take a bit to bounce back. Im very sore. Clear liquids, and then made some bland, phase 2 choices when I was upgraded in the hospital. Stopped at Panera for chicken soup and sandwich for an easy first night home. Will really try to focus on phase 2 for now
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Hi Buckhuntress
Just take it easy for awhile. You will get your energy back before you know it. Be careful of the lifting and carrying. I couldn't lift anything over 5 pounds when I had my surgery. Good luck, and feel better.
Penny
Old 07-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #292
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
thanks for the kind thoughts and advice everyone. Home today from the hospital. It will take a bit to bounce back. Im very sore. Clear liquids, and then made some bland, phase 2 choices when I was upgraded in the hospital. Stopped at Panera for chicken soup and sandwich for an easy first night home. Will really try to focus on phase 2 for now
So happy you are back. Please take care of yourself. Post as much as you can.You will be back in the hang of things before you know it
Old 07-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #293
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post

Back from our weekend out of town.
Detoured a bit, but back on track today!

Love the frozen hot chocolate recipe Jeri - you have got some great idea's for me!!!!

Berta - WAY TO GO!!!!!

I have issues with veggies at breakfast too....

Hi to everyone I haven't "met" yet.....I have been a Beacher for a while, took a couple detours, but truly do find this to be the best way to eat for me.

Let's have a great week!
HI Cindy

Thank you.I am finding this a great way to eat and actually haven't even really felt deprived yet. Just think in six more days I can have a slice of whole wheat or Rye toast with my turkey bacon and eggs for breakfast

My life time plan is to eat only 2 starch and 2 fruit a day on the norm.Then if I go over every now and then such as on Sundays when we eat out to eat it should be ok

I hope you had a nice time.Happy you are back too. Do you know anything about Rose?? I miss her
Old 07-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post

Best wishes for a swift recovery. Take care of yourself.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #295
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: paulainks
Stats: 215/173.5/129
Start Date: June 11, 2013
one of my new favorite veggie snacks is red cabbage triangles. That's how I found this site, I was looking for an alternative to chips on our guacamole and queso night. Someone suggested red cabbage just cut into triangle scoops. I love it! They're crunchy, if stored in water and drained before serving, they are extra chilled.

I've been paring it with Greek yogurt ranch. Again so good and a lot fewer calories than regular ranch dressing. 6oz Greek 0% yogurt. I like Fage, its a bit thicker. Mix in one packet of fat free ranch mix, a few tablespoons of milk and stir. I also add a tablespoon or two of low fat mayo or sour cream. i think it mellows out the tangy yogurt. Even better as it sits in the fridge for a couple of days.
paulainks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #296
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gmomof7
Buckhuntress- happy to hear your surgery went well! Here's wishing for a speedy recovery! (I hope this went in the right place as I'm not very familiar with this forum.)
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #297
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulainks View Post
one of my new favorite veggie snacks is red cabbage triangles. That's how I found this site, I was looking for an alternative to chips on our guacamole and queso night. Someone suggested red cabbage just cut into triangle scoops. I love it! They're crunchy, if stored in water and drained before serving, they are extra chilled.

I've been paring it with Greek yogurt ranch. Again so good and a lot fewer calories than regular ranch dressing. 6oz Greek 0% yogurt. I like Fage, its a bit thicker. Mix in one packet of fat free ranch mix, a few tablespoons of milk and stir. I also add a tablespoon or two of low fat mayo or sour cream. i think it mellows out the tangy yogurt. Even better as it sits in the fridge for a couple of days.
SB book has alot of different recipes for dressings and Ranch is one of them.I haven't tried it, yet but if I do I"ll let you know how it is.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gmomof7
Hi everyone- for 2 weeks I could hardly wait for phase 2 to come and now that its here I am kind of nervous eating anything that's not on phase 1. Husband and I had a salad in a restaurant tonight and felt slightly guilty eating the thin strips of carrots that were mixed in. I'm scared to eat 1/2 cup of carrots, whole wheat bread, pasta, or anything that might set my cravings back in motion. I'm also getting bored eating the same things over and over again but at least those foods feel safe to me. I haven't lost a lot of weight during Ph 1..only 4 lbs..but I don't want to gain any of that back. Btw, the frozen chocolate drink sounds wonderful! We're camping right now but when I get back home I'm wanting to drag my blender out and make it. I might be able to get over my fear where chocolate is concerned. :-)

Roberta-I read an earlier post that Rosé said she's not always on her computer during the summer months. That was a while ago so not sure if that still applies.

Ladies-I'm enjoying reading about each of you and where you're at in your journey to get healthy and thinner. I hope each of us will achieve that goal!

Gailbayne- I read your SB recipe that uses a whole chicken on phase 2. Are other pieces now allowed instead of just chicken breasts? I put a chicken in the rotisserie the other day and my husband and I ate the chicken breasts. I hated to throw away a perfectly good chicken but didn't want to veer from the plan. I thought of freezing the rest to make a pot pie later on and then realized its those foods that got me where I'm at now.

Sorry for not quoting but I seem to be having trouble figuring out to do it. Have a good nite!
Gmomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #299
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sounds delicious and gourmet!!
I LOVE to cook!! But due to all of my business travel, I don't get to do as much as I would like. And I like to tweak recipes to make them SB friendly. It's a fun challenge to so...

Buckhuntress, so glad to hear that all went well for you. Take it easy for a while, and don't stress too much over your eating.

Gmom, I eat dark meat on a chicken. Not all the time, of course. But if we have a whole chicken, I do use ALL of it. Just don't eat the skin or any obvious pieces of fat. I view that as one of those things you have to do in moderation. It's like bacon. I hate turkey bacon. I would rather just have real bacon once a month than turkey bacon every week. By the way, while on Phase 1 and most of my way through Phase 2 - I followed the book exactly. It wasn't until I got close to my goal weight than I starting making decisions to tweak my eating a bit...of course, 5 years later I sometimes forget what exactly was in the book and I have to do a refresher!!

Paula, I love raw cabbage. Very good idea!! My supermarket also has carrot "chips" next to the baby carrots. I like those with salsa and guacamole too.

Busy work day ahead...and then a much needed hair cut tonight!!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #300
Berta48

Quote:
I LOVE to cook!! But due to all of my business travel, I don't get to do as much as I would like. And I like to tweak recipes to make them SB friendly. It's a fun challenge to so...

Buckhuntress, so glad to hear that all went well for you. Take it easy for a while, and don't stress too much over your eating.

Gmom, I eat dark meat on a chicken. Not all the time, of course. But if we have a whole chicken, I do use ALL of it. Just don't eat the skin or any obvious pieces of fat. I view that as one of those things you have to do in moderation. It's like bacon. I hate turkey bacon. I would rather just have real bacon once a month than turkey bacon every week. By the way, while on Phase 1 and most of my way through Phase 2 - I followed the book exactly. It wasn't until I got close to my goal weight than I starting making decisions to tweak my eating a bit...of course, 5 years later I sometimes forget what exactly was in the book and I have to do a refresher!!

Paula, I love raw cabbage. Very good idea!! My supermarket also has carrot "chips" next to the baby carrots. I like those with salsa and guacamole too.

Busy work day ahead...and then a much needed hair cut tonight!!
HI

I like carrot chips but my favoirte is raw cauliflower n dip. But 2TBS isn't much. I guess I really don't adhere to that.But I don't eat a whole cup or even 1/2 c. I sorta dip it in a bit and then eat it

Have you ever eaten pine nuts? I have been seeing them in alot of recipes

I have to grocery shop today (payday) I am stocking up as I only have 4 more days to PH2. It sure has went fast.

I just got a color and cut yesterday.She got one side a bit shorter near the top But she can't put it back sono point in saying anything It willo grow back. I have been going toher for a loooong time too!