Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spod
Stats: 240/189/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: February 13 2013
How long did you stay on Phase I?

Hi all,
I was wondering, how long did you stay on phase 1 before moving onto phase 2? If you extended phase 1, did you plateau? I am begrudgingly realize I need to move on to phase 2 as I didn't lose any weight for the last 1.5 weeks but instead gained a pound. If you very gradually add phase 2 foods back, will it help jump start weight loss again? I apr recite everyone's thoughts!
Spod is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RedRachel
Stats: 228/213.5/175
Start Date: April 2013
Thanks for asking this, I am curious about the same thing! On day 16 and I am still doing Phase 1. I was thinking another week or two of phase 1....
RedRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Rachel, extending phase 1 really worked for me, but I'm so scared to start phase 2! I literally have had a tiny apple sitting next to me for an hour, but am afraid to eat it. I know I'm a little crazy, but I'm afraid to gain weight back.
Congrats on your success so far!!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RedRachel
Stats: 228/213.5/175
Start Date: April 2013
I know what you mean!! To me, fruit has been so off limits. I even picked it out of my greek yogurt this morning lol So i guess that makes us both crazy.

What I have been saying to others is...I am afraid that if I start eating carbs again, even just a little, I will completely lose control. I was/am addicted to bread, cakes, cookies, etc. So far it has just been easier to avoid it all together. If you put a plate of bread in front of me at a restaurant, I can't just have a taste ya know? My self control has gotten so much better though, for example yesterday my work had a breakfast buffet. Every pastry, donut, fruit you can imagine. NONE of the things i could eat like eggs and meats. SO i settled for a small slice of crab meat quiche. Ate it, left the rest of it alone and felt very accomplished! Slowly but surely I might be able to trust myself to eat fruits and whole grains....but for now...I am happy in Phase 1.
RedRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #5
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Don't be afraid of the deep end of the pool! Come into Phase 2

Seriously, staying on Phase 1 is not the way you will live your life. You want to responsibly start adding fruits, whole grains, sweet potatoes, etc. back into your diet. You need it for the nutrients and for the variety.

Start slow. Maybe week 1 of Phase 2, you add a small portion of fruit (berries are the easiest in my mind). Or maybe one day it is fruit and one day it is half of a sweet potato.

I lost 40 lbs on SB and I was only on Phase 1 for the required 2 weeks. I really missed my carrots, wine and fruit too much to stay there!!

Now don't get me wrong, I still go back to Phase 1 when I need to. I just got home from a week in Mexico and yup, I gained weight (3 lbs) so I am doing Phase 1 this week until I get back to my pre-vacation weight (1.5 down, 1.5 to go.)

Good luck and feel free to join us on the daily check-in thread, April on the Beach.

2014 Running Miles: 394
2014 Walking Miles: 313
2014 Biking Miles: 513
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thanks wiz, I know you're right. It's time! This is the second day I've had a small apple and so far so good! I mean, I think it's made me a little hungry, which I really haven't been, but I'm trying not to stress. I'm just afraid the scale might go crazy from the sugars! Bye, congrats! 40 pounds is great!
Rachel, I understand needing to make sure you're in control of the cravings and I think extending phase 1 can be great to make sure you're over carbs. It sounds like you're off to a great start!

Starting Weight: 240
Goal #1: 213 - met 3/26
Goal #2: 200 - met 5/4
Half way there - rejoined onederland 6/3!
Goal #3: 190 - met 7/2
Goal #4: 180
Goal #5: 170
Goal #6: 160
Old 04-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Just an update, this is my second week of phase 2 and I lost 2.5 pounds last week. So glad I moved on. Phew!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #8
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spod View Post
Just an update, this is my second week of phase 2 and I lost 2.5 pounds last week. So glad I moved on. Phew!
Woo hoo!! Congrats!!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote