Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   South Beach Diet (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/south-beach-diet/)
-   -   Just started (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/south-beach-diet/802340-just-started.html)

carolyn8118 04-17-2013 03:05 PM

Just started

Love this site. I just started SBD Monday. So far so good. I have a long way to go. I have lost and gained so many times I can't even count. For the past year I just have not been able to stick to anything because of a sugar craving. A friend at work told me about phase 1 helping with cravings. Hoping for the best.

RedRachel 04-22-2013 12:53 PM

Hi Carolyn! I'm a newbie too. Doesn't seem to be many new members on this forum. Looking for a friend to get through Phase 1 with. :) take care.

gailbayne 05-21-2013 03:47 PM

Hi Ladies,
I'm new here, too. Not new to SBD, though. I have started phase 1 so many times I can't even count them. This is day 3 for me and so far, so good.
Keep up the good work,
Penny

rose1 05-22-2013 11:01 AM

Ladies, this is from an old-timer. Just do it by the book. One day at a time, one day at a time.

Post here often or every day for support . I rarely have internet in the summer, so I'm not around regularly, but Wiz or someone will be around to answer questions. (Really interferes with my virtual social life. :annoyed: )

paulainks 06-15-2013 09:56 PM

I'm new to SBD too and so far i'm loving it. I slipped a bit today but I'm on day 5 of phase 1.
I like the flexibility and it really seems like a healthy way of eating. I'm such a carb fanatic , sandwiches were a way of life for every meal. So far I've actually been able to eat more but not using 150 calories in bread at every meal. I'm just starting but keeping my fingers crossed. I have 40 pounds to lose.

Jericrop 06-18-2013 06:34 AM

Can't wait to have the two weeks under my belt. (not that I need one yet, lol)
I miss having my glass of wine!

Day 3 beginning today for me. I weigh myself everyday so I can stay on track. Scale down 5 lbs, but I believe most is water weight. I don't care what type of weight it is as long as it comes off...:jumpjoy:

Been to Weight Watchers (several times) and have lost 33 lbs 8 years ago, but put it all back on. :sad:

So far, feeling great and under control!!

paulainks 06-18-2013 05:53 PM

Agreed. i weigh myself every day too. I know you shouldn't but I can't stop myself.

Today is day 1 of week 2, feeling good and not missing the bread yet. I will e looking forward to a bit of spaghetti though in week 2. Also, I need to expand out my recipe collection. Main veggies are zucchini, tomatoes, squash, herbs lettuce, etc. wouldn't say I'm getting bored but i'd like to mix it up a bit.

Jericrop 06-25-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulainks (Post 16476413)
Agreed. i weigh myself every day too. I know you shouldn't but I can't stop myself.

Today is day 1 of week 2, feeling good and not missing the bread yet. I will e looking forward to a bit of spaghetti though in week 2. Also, I need to expand out my recipe collection. Main veggies are zucchini, tomatoes, squash, herbs lettuce, etc. wouldn't say I'm getting bored but i'd like to mix it up a bit.

I like to mix things up too, otherwise you get bored! Sunday started my week 2 and I feel really good. Down 9 lbs and feeling like I have some control over it. I am nervous about when I start week 3 (Phase 2) because I am a major pasta lover. Hoping that doing Phase 1 for two weeks will help me motivated for continuing on. I am sticking straight to the book this time and guess what? LOL... It works when you do what they say! :hyst: Not always easy though.....life gets in the way. Love to hear what ideas you have....

MaMaFox 06-25-2013 04:41 PM

Hi all been lurking for about a week. I'm on day 9 on Sb and so far so good. I'm trying to stay off the scale since 2 days it gave me 3 readings 3 tries in a row. I'm really trying to count my carbs but ugh even my bowl of vegetables is loaded with em. Anyway, I love reading about everyone's progress and hopefully I'll have some of my own to post soon.

Gmomof7 07-08-2013 05:35 PM

Hi y'all! I'm a newbie too. Glad to see I'm not alone! :-)

Leesgirl0911 07-13-2013 10:16 PM

Second Time around .

I had been on the SBD years ago, and had great success, this time I went back on it because WW wasn't working for me anymore. I've been in it for almost 3 years , and still haven't lost 15 lbs. so I decided to get back to SB. It's been about 4 weeks, I'm still sticking with Phase 1, since last week I added in whole wheat pasta , and some bread. Tonight I really blew it, 3 pieces of pizza!! Tomorrow back to veggies and just protein. But I'm running out of snack ideas , so I'm getting bored , just like WW. I could use some advice!

rose1 07-14-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leesgirl0911 (Post 16514046)
I had been on the SBD years ago, and had great success, this time I went back on it because WW wasn't working for me anymore. I've been in it for almost 3 years , and still haven't lost 15 lbs. so I decided to get back to SB. It's been about 4 weeks, I'm still sticking with Phase 1, since last week I added in whole wheat pasta , and some bread. Tonight I really blew it, 3 pieces of pizza!! Tomorrow back to veggies and just protein. But I'm running out of snack ideas , so I'm getting bored , just like WW. I could use some advice!

What are you eating for snacks now?

Gmomof7 07-15-2013 08:08 PM

Tomorrow starts Day 1 of Phase 2. Husband and I stuck to this diet by the book! I only lost 2 lbs, he lost 4. Wonder why some people can lose 9 lbs in a week and I am barely losing even though the author says weight loss is quicker during Phase 1? If I'm losing this slowly i can imagine I will be plateauing from here on out. I am getting between 1300 and 1500 calories a day, eat 3 meals (including breakfast), and 2 snacks (although I don't always have veggies for my snacks. And if this was mainly water loss then I am really discouraged!

rose1 07-15-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmomof7 (Post 16516693)
Tomorrow starts Day 1 of Phase 2. Husband and I stuck to this diet by the book! I only lost 2 lbs, he lost 4. Wonder why some people can lose 9 lbs in a week and I am barely losing even though the author says weight loss is quicker during Phase 1? If I'm losing this slowly i can imagine I will be plateauing from here on out. I am getting between 1300 and 1500 calories a day, eat 3 meals (including breakfast), and 2 snacks (although I don't always have veggies for my snacks. And if this was mainly water loss then I am really discouraged!

More info would be helpful. How old are you, how much do you weigh now, how much do you need to lose, have you been dieting for years already, any medical issues, any meds that interfere with weight loss, was your eating fairly clean before you started, that kind of thing. You might not have had lots of water weight to lose. How do you feel, are your clothes fitting differently? Just keep on.

ETA: What are you having for snacks?

Gmomof7 07-22-2013 09:11 PM

I'm in my early 60s, I weigh 150 lbs and need to lose about 15 lbs. Haven't eaten clean for awhile. I love sweets so have been making pies a few times a week all spring and I'm a pasta lover!. I'm just a lover of italian foods as I'm italian. I'm tall but weight is in my midsection. I lost about 4 lbs during the two weeks of Phase 1. I had cravings really bad first few days and felt really hungry till I ate 1/2 cup butter beans and a small steak. I made a mistake previously. Tomorrow starts day 1 of phase 2 but kind of nervous adding new food choices. For snacks I've been eating celery (yuck) with laughing cow cheese wedge ( yum). Or about a tsp of natural peanut butter which I love even more than a popular name brand. Today being last day of Phase 1, I was hungry all day again. I'd like to stay on this WOE plan as I think I feel better than when I eat a plate of pasta but not sure i can hold out once pasta or bread is reintroduced to my woe. I'm also eating many more veggies than I have in the past and starting to like them again which is a plus.

starsmom 12-03-2013 08:17 PM

I'm in the Shreveport area also and need a low carb buddy to stay true
Is anyone else starting the diet this week?

rose1 12-03-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starsmom (Post 16705082)
I'm in the Shreveport area also and need a low carb buddy to stay true
Is anyone else starting the diet this week?

Just check in on the Dec thread and we will be buddies for you. :shake:

glitterific 12-05-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose1 (Post 16705158)
Just check in on the Dec thread and we will be buddies for you. :shake:

:jumpjoy: yay more people!! Welcome and everyone has had great success..

Gmomof7.. you've had a long road.. you need to eat simply and eat things you like. I'd microwave veggies for a snack and have some laughing cow cheese instead.. it makes them creamy :)

glitterific 12-05-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leesgirl0911 (Post 16514046)

Move on from Phase 1 and follow Phase 2 by the book - you gotta move on to make it a lifestyle change and not boring! Let us know your snacks! I moved one to Phase 2 and I hardly need to snack (that might be helpful to know)

kkelly 12-21-2013 02:04 PM

SBD worked for me last year until I went on vacation

I am going to try SBD again. I have actually already been eating my veggies and have lost 5 pounds. I need to pat myself on the back since it is the Holidays! :-D

cricket1 01-02-2014 05:50 AM

HI I am a newbie also Love this site! I started SBD on DEC 26th; after xmas and eating a lot of naughty things, decided to weigh myself ( knew I needed to lose weight) well when I saw the number on the scale, I almost fainted! so began SBD, it is one week today and I am down 12 LBS!and huge difference I can notice in my belly already which is where I need to lose it the most! I am hoping to lose a total of at least 50 pounds, if not 60. Seeing the changes is a huge motivator and I want to wear jeans again! LOL using a lot of salads and lettuce roll ups is a huge help for me

sophie2520 01-02-2014 03:39 PM

Hi I was on SB once before. I lost quite a bit and maintained it for two years. Then....I'm starting again on Monday (kids and hubby are around till then-too much temptation). See you then��

sophie2520 01-02-2014 04:17 PM

Are there any threads to post our sbd menus for the day? I couldn't locate anything so far

rose1 01-02-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophie2520 (Post 16738971)
Are there any threads to post our sbd menus for the day? I couldn't locate anything so far

Right here: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/so...-new-year.html

This is where we do all our talking!

sophie2520 01-02-2014 08:14 PM

Thank you
So if I were to post what I am planning to eat for the following day, I can request input on my meal plan?

rose1 01-02-2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophie2520 (Post 16739285)
Thank you
So if I were to post what I am planning to eat for the following day, I can request input on my meal plan?

Absolutely! :up:

Guiselle 01-16-2014 08:48 AM

It is day 3 for me and I have lost 2 pounds...I am kind of discouraged as well. Maybe what I am choosing to eat is not the best combinations...maybe too much fat? Example, lunch 1 cup salmon salad/olive oil, peppers and half of chayote squash...snack peanut butter with cheese cracker and dinner a medium size chef salad...lots of water with lemon...can't give up...I want to make a lifestyle change. I have been excercising 30 minutes every day in the elyptical.

Guiselle 01-16-2014 09:05 AM

:lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guiselle (Post 16759450)
It is day 3 for me and I have lost 2 pounds...I am kind of discouraged as well. Maybe what I am choosing to eat is not the best combinations...maybe too much fat? Example, lunch 1 cup salmon salad/olive oil, peppers and half of chayote squash...snack peanut butter with cheese cracker and dinner a medium size chef salad...lots of water with lemon...can't give up...I want to make a lifestyle change. I have been excercising 30 minutes every day in the elyptical.

Guiselle 01-16-2014 09:06 AM

rose1 01-16-2014 11:44 AM

I'm a little confused. How much were you expecting to lose in 3 days?