Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: raytamtay3
Stats: SW: 157.2 - 151.8 - CW: 150 GW: 140/145 Ht. 5'6"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Started P2

Well I made it through P1 and now on to P2. I only lost 3 lbs. in P1. I'm guessing/hoping it's because I don't have that much to lose. Ideally I would like to get to 140 by June, but realistically, doesn't look like that's going to happen. Oh well. I do feel better and my stomach is starting to get noticeably flatter.

It's very strange how my body works now that I'm 42. It use to be soooo easy for me to lose weight. I have always eaten right and have been excercising for over 3 years now. I lived the southbeach lifestyle about 10 years ago (33ish) and lost 20 lbs. fast. I was the same weight I was when I began this time. Oh well. Gonna keep at it. And I guess I shouldn't complain. From 1/11/13 - 2/22/13 I lost 11 lbs. from just regular watching what I ate and excercising (I was 168 back than! Most I ever weighed! However, I was 4 month pg prior to that which resulted in a m/c. So my body is out of whack). I began SB on 4/1/13. So maybe because I lost so much in that month prior, it affected my lose ratio in the beginning of P1. So hopefully P2 will start to pay off.

I am going to the gym to have them weigh and measure me today. I weighed myself there the other day. Let's see if I lost inches! Wish me luck!!

B - hardboiled egg, V8 and 2 cups of coffee with about 1/4 cup of almond breeze u/s vanilla milk
S - two pickel spears
L - Tuna salad in a cup
S - celery dipped in hummus
D - Steak, sweet potato and brussel sprouts and maybe 1/2 cup of black beans
S - cup of almond breeze and mock pb cup

62oz of water, working out at Curves burning 400 calories

Last edited by raytamtay3; 04-17-2013 at 07:58 AM..
raytamtay3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

For some reason it isn't allowing me to edit, so I have to make another post.

Well went to the gym for weight and measures. Now when I weighed myself there yesterday, it said 154. They weight me, and it says I'm still 157! WTH!?

Anyway, the good news is I did lose inches from the last time I was measured, which was 2/22/13. Except for bust and hips)???

I will post my measurements.

Bust: 39 (went up by .25)
Waist: 30.25 (went down .25)
Abs: 38.50 (went down .25)
Hips: 45 (went UP .50)! Doh!
Thighs together: 23.5 (same)
Arms together: 12 (went down .50)
BMI: 25.34 (same) Still considered overweight...
Body fat %: 30.10 (went down 1.40!!!)
Body fat: 47.62(lb) (went down 2.20!!!!)

So overall, I lost .25"

I guess that's ok?

Last edited by raytamtay3; 04-17-2013 at 10:40 AM..
Old 04-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

What gives

So I went to the gym today and weighed myself. I truly honestly think that the woman who weighed me the other day did it wrong. At my gym they have one of those scales that has the little bubble in it and you have to align just right before you get on, and then you adjust the weight slider thingy. Well she did the bubble right, but the weight slider wasn't in it's slot so I told her that. Instead of telling me to get off the scale to make sure the bubble was in the right place and then get back on, she just moved the slider and it said I was the same weight as when I started (157). But the day before I had weighed myself on that scale and it said 153. And again I weighed myself and it said 152. So screw it, I'm saying I'm 153 right now.

Another thing that dawned on me today was the question as to why I haven't been losing as fast this go round as I did about 5 years ago. Well age is probably a factor but the other difference is back than, I was including drinking the ACV (organic apple cider vinegar). So I picked up a bottle today and just had my first cup. Lets see how things go now...**fingers crossed**
Old 04-23-2013, 12:46 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Camille
WOE: South Beach Ph1
Start Date: Restarted April 22, 2013
Don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat, so as you develop muscle from working out, your weight loss will technically slow down (I remembered this the other day when I realized that although my weight hasn't changed much recently, the proportion of fat to muscle has definitely moved in the wrong direction. Hence my return to P1 as of today!)

Also, your lightest weight will probably be first thing in the morning, before you eat anything. I weigh myself on my own scale, at the same time of day, only a few times a week, and then its easier to ignore the inconsistencies of other scales.
Camille is offline   Reply With Quote