Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: willia03
hi

Hi all, can I join with you all too?

We did SBD in 2008 with amazing results, we both lost 18 lbs in the 2 weeks of phase 1. We stuck with the book pretty much to a tee, cleaned everything bad out of the house and lived in our SBD sanctuary. It was great, we both felt great. It all went well, we were still doing well when we went to phase 2, then life got in the way, fertility drugs and eventually a pregnancy happened and we were eating what ever......then I got the dreaded Gestational Diabetes diagnosis, we had to eat SBD way again, David lost weight and I maintained until I delivered a healthy 7lb 15oz baby in 2010. Then everything was game again....and it should not have been

We know we need to get back to the SBD way of eating, this time around it will be a little harder, with a toddler and a husband who no longer can come home for lunch.

My plan is to get all our meals prepared and put into serving sized containers and into the freezer. I know we need to do this, I know we need to start, so it means that I better find our books and get the shopping list ready and start NOW!
willia03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by willia03 View Post
Hi all, can I join with you all too?

We did SBD in 2008 with amazing results, we both lost 18 lbs in the 2 weeks of phase 1. We stuck with the book pretty much to a tee, cleaned everything bad out of the house and lived in our SBD sanctuary. It was great, we both felt great. It all went well, we were still doing well when we went to phase 2, then life got in the way, fertility drugs and eventually a pregnancy happened and we were eating what ever......then I got the dreaded Gestational Diabetes diagnosis, we had to eat SBD way again, David lost weight and I maintained until I delivered a healthy 7lb 15oz baby in 2010. Then everything was game again....and it should not have been

We know we need to get back to the SBD way of eating, this time around it will be a little harder, with a toddler and a husband who no longer can come home for lunch.

My plan is to get all our meals prepared and put into serving sized containers and into the freezer. I know we need to do this, I know we need to start, so it means that I better find our books and get the shopping list ready and start NOW!
Starting over is really hard sometimes. Your pre-planning idea is right on target. I know you have heard all this before, but DH can take his lunch, toddler can eat just like the rest of the family, just not phase 1 of course, etc, etc, etc. Hang out here and we'll cheer you on! Best South Beach wishes to your whole family.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by michele777 View Post
I'm fat. I'm not eating well. I'm drinking way too much vino. I did give up meat which I feel good about. I'm off to the national cancer institute in Maryland in the am. Been a very very very stressful few months!!! If I told you all the details you would be floored. Trying to hold it together!!! Miss just hanging out talking about food with you all!!!! <3
Michele, I'm going to preach it again. You have to take good care of yourself to be able to take the best care of others. It's like on an airplane, you get your oxygen mask on first. I wish I lived near you. Just know that people care and if you need to talk here, there will be someone to listen. My husband used to jokingly call you all my imaginary friends. Sometimes talking to imaginaries is easier than talking to real life people.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:42 AM   #94
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Hello all!!

I am back from CA. I lucked out in Anaheim and was upgraded to a suite that faced Disneyland. I had a bird's eye view of their awesome fireworks! I was also able to get in a kick-butt 5-mile run that had me going up and down a lot of hills.

Now for the not-so-good news...eating could have been better! Far more whole wheat than I usually have and two dinners that just were not OP. I did not get to select the restaurants and had to work around what was offered. And I ended up having to eat 2 sandwiches on WW along the way, where I probably would have had a salad, etc.

Bottom line, my weight was up 1 lb since last Friday. However, I am COMMITTED to having a good weekend and getting this lb off again.

Welcome Willia!!

Camille, I have two thumbs when it comes to knitting. My Mom is the needlework person in our family - sewing, knitting, etc. She sewed my wedding dress no less! 150 hours it took her, all the silk organza was done by hand. It was truly a labor of love.

Well, gang....TGIF!!!!

2014 Running Miles: 224
2014 Walking Miles: 214
2014 Biking Miles: 380
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:35 AM   #95
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FYI. That 1 lb I gained this week was gone this morning!! Nothing like a Phase 1 day to get things back on track
Old 03-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
FYI. That 1 lb I gained this week was gone this morning!! Nothing like a Phase 1 day to get things back on track
You know, that pound probably was from the airplane travel, certainly not fat. All in all, I call a successful week.

Where to next?
Old 03-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #97
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
You know, that pound probably was from the airplane travel, certainly not fat. All in all, I call a successful week.

Where to next?
Oh Rose, you sure know how to make a girl feel good .I, too, feel like I did quite well all things considered!

And I go absolutely nowhere for the next 3 weeks...well, that's the plan anyway.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #98

But you know it's the truth. Hope you have a peaceful stretch at home.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mom6526
Start Date: March 24, 2013
Hi I'm new!

Just started SB today. I'm hoping this is an active support group cause I've had a hard time finding a site that is current. I have a lot of weight to lose, 100+ but if I don't start now, I'm losing my life. Would appreciate any support, to keep me accountable. Thank so much!!!
mom6526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mom6526
Start Date: March 24, 2013
I'm new so I'm definitely on board with you willia03!!!
mom6526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:24 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
Start Date: 1/2005
Any ideas or recipes for Easter dinner? I'm trying to get back on track and am feeding about 20...maybe a little more.
Help! lol
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:26 AM   #102
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom6526 View Post
Just started SB today. I'm hoping this is an active support group cause I've had a hard time finding a site that is current. I have a lot of weight to lose, 100+ but if I don't start now, I'm losing my life. Would appreciate any support, to keep me accountable. Thank so much!!!
Welcome to the SB team!! Our group likes to keep things current and we'll try to answer any questions you may have. Best advice? Read the book cover to cover and follow the Phase 1 food list for the 2 weeks as required.

Buckhuntress, are you doing a dinner or more of a lunch/brunch meal? The last time I hosted Easter (2 years ago, I think) I did a lunch kind of affair: ham (with small rolls, fancy mustards, horseradish sauce, etc. so people could make sandwiches if they want), crustless muffin size crab quiches (done in in muffin tins so single serve with no slicing!), fruit salad, grilled asparagus (served room temp with a vinaigrette dressing), cubed/roasted sweet potatoes, and a tomato/bacon/bread casserole that is really not OP but was my MiL's fave . I had others bring apps and dessert. Serve some Mimosas and you are ready to go!!

Very busy work week for poor old me . It's end of the quarter and I have a HUGE sales deal I need to close. It's going to be a doozy of a week. sigh....
Old 03-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #103
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sarah_S
Start Date: March 16, 2013
2nd time on SB - 1st time we were very successful, but teaching & trying to keep up with a child who is in scouts, on the track & cross country teams & constantly on the go, caused laziness in following/maintaining what had been accomplished - so easy to grab an unhealthy snack! So excited to be back on track!! I did notice that this time around the weight loss in phase 1 wasn't as high as I had anticipated (who doesn't want that "13" pounds?? But I'll take that 5!) Today is day 1 of phase 2, but I haven't ventured away from phase 2 yet - I will add that piece of fruit, but will have to continue to limit the bread b/c that is my weakness!
Sarah_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #104

to the new and prodigals.

Buckhuntress, I was going to suggest ham and asparagus and it wouldn't be Easter without deviled eggs. Fresh asparagus for 20 would break my budget, but it is so delicious. You might do an asparagus quiche topped with sun-dried tomatoes.

Wiz, I hope you get that deal sealed quickly.

Mom, how are you doing today?
Old 03-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Planning on ham, turkey, twice baked cauliflower (kaylns kitchen), roasted sweet potates, mashed potates, roasted asparagus, deviled eggs, and salad, pineapple, and cornbread. Should be a nice mix and can make OP choices. LOTS of cooking and preparing! LOL
Old 03-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #106
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
Planning on ham, turkey, twice baked cauliflower (kaylns kitchen), roasted sweet potates, mashed potates, roasted asparagus, deviled eggs, and salad, pineapple, and cornbread. Should be a nice mix and can make OP choices. LOTS of cooking and preparing! LOL
Sounds great!! What time should I be there??

So, I seem to have hit a breakthrough....I have gone over 2 weeks without a single night-time snack. I can't say I have conquered my cravings yet, but I feel really good about my decision-making. And it is clearly helping me on the scale.

Welcome Sarah! Sounds like you are well on your way to success.

Have a great day Beachers!!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #107

Quote:
Sounds like something for everyone.

Wait a minute, no chocolate?
Old 03-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #108
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sounds like something for everyone.

Wait a minute, no chocolate?
Ooooh yeah, I say dark chocolate covered strawberries!!!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:17 AM   #109
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's been a good morning: scale is moving downward and I got a great 5-mile run in!!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #110

Quote:
It's been a good morning: scale is moving downward and I got a great 5-mile run in!!

How's the weather up there? We had snow all day yesterday.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #111
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

How's the weather up there? We had snow all day yesterday.
We had that on Monday! Actually the last two days have been pretty nice here, sunny and 50 degrees. I'll take it...
Old 03-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #112

50 degrees? That's warmer than here.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:01 AM   #113
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

17 nights in the book with no night-time snacking...I am really, really happy with that. The scale is the lowest since New Year's for me.

A coincidence? I think not.

I've been doing a daily Phase 1.5 plan with a Phase 2/3 approach for dinner on the weekends. It seems to be working, especially in conjunction with no night-time snacking.

What do I mean by Phase 1.5? I eat carrots, beans in my salads a couple days a week and I have 1 serving of fruit every day.

On the weekends, for dinner only (or whatever meal I designate) I stray from that. I'm not eating ice cream sundaes or french fries, but I also don't worry if there is a sauce on my dinner or I decide to eat a couple of chicken wings. And I have wine with dinner. Basically I try to maintain on weekends...

It's been a slow but quite steady method of weight loss for me. I should be back to my Maintenance weight in the next month.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:52 AM   #114
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Friday is my official weigh-in day...drumroll, please!!

I am down 8.5 lbs.

Maintenance weight, watch out - I am (almost) baaaack
Old 03-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #115

Quote:
Friday is my official weigh-in day...drumroll, please!!

I am down 8.5 lbs.

Maintenance weight, watch out - I am (almost) baaaack
Terrific.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #116
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Terrific.
Thanks Rose, this is the most committed I have been to losing weight since I started back in January 2008!! I really feel like I have my groove back. I stayed the same for so long (over 3 years), and then I slowly got careless.

I'm just glad my weight gain did not get out of hand. I didn't go up a size or anything, but my jeans were plenty tight.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

I hate you wiz lol...just kidding ofcourse! You go girl! maintained for 7 years and havent got my groove back Im up 15 lbs. Someday, somehow...I will get back on the beach and do it!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

rose...Im allergic to chocolate. But the baskets for my DD's will be full of goodies and chocolate!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #119

Quote:
rose...Im allergic to chocolate. But the baskets for my DD's will be full of goodies and chocolate!
Oh, how tragic. (Well, maybe not. )
Old 03-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #120
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MinnieSkinnie
Stats: 242/220/164 for starters
WOE: South Beach Diet
Start Date: 4/15/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom6526 View Post
Hi Mom! You still out there? Welcome Hope your first days have gone well!

I'm going to England and will restart on Phase 1 when I return. If you need a buddy, look me up! That is, unless you're a White Sox fan

kidding!
MinnieSkinnie is offline   Reply With Quote