Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyJenny
Good day 1

Thanks for the welcome all- GLitterific I'm so glad you let me know about the milk supply. I am breastfeeding and seem to run on the lower side of supply anyway so I will eat some phase 2 foods today. I bought some Ezekiel bread and I am going to have a slice of that or an apple each day. The hard part for me is the no alcohol- I didn't get a drink the entire pregnancy but I guess if I want to lose the weight beer is not my friend right now. Is everyone getting some snow? I've got about one inch here in northwest Indiana. It's really pretty but of course I don't have to leave the house today so that always makes snow seem nicer!
LuckyJenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 05:22 AM   #62
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
We got snow too! Nothing better than a pretty snowfall on a Friday night when you don't have to go out in it. It was just enough to cover the grass. And now the sun is shining this morning...

I had a good Friday night, stayed on plan and continue to see the scale go down a bit. We are going out with friends tonight, so I will most likely indulge in one glass of wine. But the restaurant we are going to has a huge selection of main dish salads that are very much OP.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend...

2014 Running Miles: 289
2014 Walking Miles: 278
2014 Biking Miles: 441
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Sounds like we're all in the groove!
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #64
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Sounds like we're all in the groove!
By saying we are ALL in the groove, does that mean you are eating in a timely fashion young lady?? I'm talking about regular meals and not forgetting to eat!!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pansmitty
Stats: 140
WOE: Sout Beach
Start Date: January 2013
I have just begun South Beach, but do enjoy Atkins meal bars. Are they allowed on SB.
pansmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
By saying we are ALL in the groove, does that mean you are eating in a timely fashion young lady?? I'm talking about regular meals and not forgetting to eat!!
Oh,
Old 01-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansmitty View Post
I have just begun South Beach, but do enjoy Atkins meal bars. Are they allowed on SB.
Not really. I'd leave them off in the beginning especially. (Actually, I'd leave them off entirely, but you get what I mean. ) If you stick to the food lists and menu outlines, you will do much better. I don't mean you have to follow the menu plans exactly, but they give you an idea of how to plan out meals for each day.

to the Beach.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:29 AM   #68
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Oh,
LOL, just as I suspected!! I've got my eye on you Miss Rose.

Well, I usually don't weigh in on Sundays, but I had to know if last night's great dinner out impacted me. And yes, I was up a bit (less than a lb). However, it was a very OP meal including one glass of wine. I am guessing this is just water weight from the salt every restaurant seems to over-use.

Welcome pansmitty!! SBD is a great way to lose weight and have an ongoing healthy lifestyle. Good luck to you...
Old 01-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #69
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Business trip, back on Thursday night! Have a good week Beachers
Old 01-30-2013, 04:32 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
Start Date: 1/2005
Just checking in to say hello. Havent really been on plan. Kinda phase 2..with an occasional phase 3 indulgence. Havent lost or gained. One of these days I will start fresh with phase 1 and get back on track. Need to get motivated again. Hope all is well with everyone
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
Just checking in to say hello. Havent really been on plan. Kinda phase 2..with an occasional phase 3 indulgence. Havent lost or gained. One of these days I will start fresh with phase 1 and get back on track. Need to get motivated again. Hope all is well with everyone
How's life these days?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyJenny View Post
Thanks for the welcome all- GLitterific I'm so glad you let me know about the milk supply. I am breastfeeding and seem to run on the lower side of supply anyway so I will eat some phase 2 foods today. I bought some Ezekiel bread and I am going to have a slice of that or an apple each day. The hard part for me is the no alcohol- I didn't get a drink the entire pregnancy but I guess if I want to lose the weight beer is not my friend right now. Is everyone getting some snow? I've got about one inch here in northwest Indiana. It's really pretty but of course I don't have to leave the house today so that always makes snow seem nicer!
I just remember reading about that a lot on forums for Moms who love the low carb lifestyle.. my supply was terrible b/c of pumping (I produced less and less each week) gave up around 7 months, DD got so upset that it was no longer something nurturing for either of us.. I miss it.

I haven't been doing well enough to lose weight (or lose size).. I don't know what's wrong with me, need to get my head back in the game.
Breakfast: eggs, turkey sausage (great recipe a friend shared with me from the yummy life blog)
ngredients
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (omit or reduce for less spicy sausage)
1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon coriander
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1 pound ground turkey
2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
Directions
In large bowl, mix applesauce, salt, pepper, cayenne, sage, red pepper flakes, coriander, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add ground turkey; using a light touch, mix until well combined. Use approx. 1/4 cup mixture to form each patty. (Use more to form larger patties if you want them to be the size of an English muffin.) Heat canola oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey patties; when browned, flip over and brown other side. Leaving patties in skillet, let juices that are released cook down and brown in pan. Add 2-3 tablespoons water to skillet to dissolve brown bits; as browned liquid cooks down, flip patties so they are coated in the brown liquid as they continue to cook. Remove and eat right away or freeze.

TO FREEZE the cooked patties: let cool, place it in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze. Transfer frozen patties to plastic bag. To thaw 1-2 patties, place on small plate & microwave at 50% power for 1 minute, flip patties and repeat for 30 seconds more, or until heated through.

I am going to see if pureeing zucchini will do the same thing (I love zucchini in ground turkey for burgers and meatloaf) then it would be Phase 1 friendly!

lunch: spicy sauteed chickpeas and beef (Kalyn's Kitchen) and sugar snap peas
snack: mozz cheese (left my raw zucchini at home)
dinner: hamburger (bunless for me), sweet potato fries and salad
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:42 PM   #73
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyJenny
Happy Wednesday!

Doing well in phase 2- I've lost 1.5 pounds so far. I'd like to lose 5 more. I know I need to up the motivation to exercise- it's too cold to go outside so I ordered a new workout DVD. Does anyone know how to make the thread start from the most recent post? I can't figure out how to change it.
LuckyJenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyJenny View Post
Doing well in phase 2- I've lost 1.5 pounds so far. I'd like to lose 5 more. I know I need to up the motivation to exercise- it's too cold to go outside so I ordered a new workout DVD. Does anyone know how to make the thread start from the most recent post? I can't figure out how to change it.
User control panel
Settings & Options
Edit Options
Thread Display Options
Thread Display Mode

I think that's it.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:36 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
yay Jenny!!! great job!!

I am down a pound now, woo hoo
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #76
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Long week of business travel...always tough eating so many meals out. But I did pretty well eating wise and did get some morning exercise as well. Weighed in this morning and was down almost (darn it!) another lb.

I need to lose 3 to 4 more to get back to the weight I have been at for the last 3 years. That would be okay...but I really, really want to get back to my original goal weight from 5 years ago. However, one thing at a time!

Congrats to the other Losers!! Glitter and Jenny!!

Good to see you check in Buckhuntress...

TGIF!! I am making a pot of turkey chili for the Superbowl. My husband really wants some tortilla chips to go with it, so I told him he could get a small bag from a convenience store - not one of those gigantic ones from the supermarket!! When you decide to indulge, it's all about portion control.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #77

New thread: Spring is just around the corner!