Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful13 View Post
Hahaha I thought that setting myself up for failure there
I've seen it happen over and over.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2013, 04:18 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
Happy New Year everyone! Ive been doing phase 2 and slowly lost a couple of pounds so far. I seem to be making a million excuses not to make time for myself. Trying to change that little by little
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntress View Post
Happy New Year everyone! Ive been doing phase 2 and slowly lost a couple of pounds so far. I seem to be making a million excuses not to make time for myself. Trying to change that little by little
Keep plugging, bit by bit.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #34
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
I'm off to Dallas for the week, so not sure how much time I will have to check in. I lost anothe lb over the weekend, so down 4 lbs so far. But like many others, I have a ways to go...

I hope everyone has a great week!!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
I'm off to Dallas for the week, so not sure how much time I will have to check in. I lost anothe lb over the weekend, so down 4 lbs so far. But like many others, I have a ways to go...

I hope everyone has a great week!!
Have fun!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:44 AM   #36
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Have fun!
Thanks!! Another .5 lb down this morning. Slow and steady...
Old 01-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #37

Quote:
Thanks!! Another .5 lb down this morning. Slow and steady...
WhooHoo!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
changing of schedules have thrown me off from doing well with phase 1.. going out to lunch with a friend today at a local deli that serves breakfast all day so I will probably get a loaded veggie omlet.

no one outside of my family eats hummus apparently, we are swimming in it!
glitterific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #39

Omelettes are always a good choice!

You can ship extra hummus down this way.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #40
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey gang!

Greetings from Dallas...been doing pretty well this week both with eating and exercise. I've hit the hotel gym each morning and while I haven't been strictly on Phase 1, it's been darn close.

Glitter, I love hummus too, but I have to be good about eating what is really considered being a serving size. It's one of those things I can definitely overeat without realizing it...
Old 01-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #41

Quote:
Hey gang!

Greetings from Dallas...been doing pretty well this week both with eating and exercise. I've hit the hotel gym each morning and while I haven't been strictly on Phase 1, it's been darn close.

Glitter, I love hummus too, but I have to be good about eating what is really considered being a serving size. It's one of those things I can definitely overeat without realizing it...
Oh, yeah. Serving size.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Hopeful13
Start Date: January 2013
Hey how is everyone doing? I've lost 8 pounds since the 1st of January but I've weighed the same for the last 5 days. This is what always happens, I get frustrated then give up but I just cannot give up this time around. I just can't.
My friend said its probably menstrual cycle related. I know I should be happy with 8 pounds so far but I feel like my best is never good enough, which is probably why I fail. I haven't been exercising, because frankly, I hate it. Losing weight is 70-80% what you eat so I figured I was safe. I used to box but never saw results fast enough. I'm at instant gratification kind of person. I just need help or motivation. How do you guys rev up your metabolism? Please anything.
Hopeful13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful13 View Post
Hey how is everyone doing? I've lost 8 pounds since the 1st of January but I've weighed the same for the last 5 days. This is what always happens, I get frustrated then give up but I just cannot give up this time around. I just can't.
My friend said its probably menstrual cycle related. I know I should be happy with 8 pounds so far but I feel like my best is never good enough, which is probably why I fail. I haven't been exercising, because frankly, I hate it. Losing weight is 70-80% what you eat so I figured I was safe. I used to box but never saw results fast enough. I'm at instant gratification kind of person. I just need help or motivation. How do you guys rev up your metabolism? Please anything.
You're not even two weeks in yet! Just keep eating the right way, drink water, get enough sleep, move a little. It's way too early to panic.

If it will help, post your menus and we'll take a look at what you're eating. It absolutely could be cycle related; I have heard of some who only lose anything one week out of the month and bounce around the other three, but the overall trend is down over the months. Also, certain drugs, prescription and OTC, (antihistamines, painkillers, allergy meds) can bring weight loss to a temporary halt.

~*~*~Proud Knitter For~*~*~
The Ships Project- Supporting America's Troops
Deployed in the War on Terror-
One stitch at a time!
http://www.theshipsproject.com
]

Last edited by rose1; 01-12-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Old 01-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #44
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all!!

It turns out that I basically stayed the same while traveling on business last week, which was okay given that for 5 straight days I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner in restaurants!

But the good news is I actually lost weight this weekend (which never happens to me ) So I am down 6.5 lbs since Jan. 2nd. Most of it was water weight from the holidays, but I'll take it. I am inching closer to my maintenance weight again - thank goodness!

I am going to do another Phase 1 week and move to Phase 2 next weekend.

Hopeful, I think 8 lbs is tremendous!! Keep up the good work. You will have weeks where you don't see a lot of movement on the scale - but just remember, if you stay the same it means you aren't gaining!! As Rose said, feel free to post your menus.

I am SO glad to have this week at home where it is much easier to stay on plan...

2014 Running Miles: 224
2014 Walking Miles: 214
2014 Biking Miles: 380
Old 01-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #45

home, Wiz.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Thank you friends! @Rose I do panic quite early. If I'm not losing continuously I feel like I'm doing something wrong, I just need to reaffirm it to myself. Thank you. @wiz yes so true! Sometimes it takes someone outside of the picture to shine new light on the situation. I am NOT gaining
Old 01-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning all!!

It turns out that I basically stayed the same while traveling on business last week, which was okay given that for 5 straight days I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner in restaurants!

That's awesome, good for you!! That makes me happy!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:47 AM   #48
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Will the sun ever shine again here in NJ?? These gray winter days are so unmotivating...I even took the day off from exercising, which I rarely do. Which, of course, means I need to be extra vigilant with my eating today.

Made a nice easy dinner last night. I browned some skinless chicken breasts (on the bone) in a large fry pan and transferred to a baking dish. Then in same pan, browned some shallots (onion would be okay too), garlic and quartered, canned artichoke hearts. I added in 1/2 cup chicken broth, juice of 1 lemon, and a teas of dried tarragon. After bringing the juice to a boil and slightly thickening it, I poured it over the chicken and baked for 45 mins at 350 - covered tightly with foil. The chicken was so tender and flavorful. And of course, I have leftover chicken for my salad at lunch today!!

Hope everyone has a great day...
Old 01-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #49

Quote:
Will the sun ever shine again here in NJ?? These gray winter days are so unmotivating...I even took the day off from exercising, which I rarely do. Which, of course, means I need to be extra vigilant with my eating today.

Made a nice easy dinner last night. I browned some skinless chicken breasts (on the bone) in a large fry pan and transferred to a baking dish. Then in same pan, browned some shallots (onion would be okay too), garlic and quartered, canned artichoke hearts. I added in 1/2 cup chicken broth, juice of 1 lemon, and a teas of dried tarragon. After bringing the juice to a boil and slightly thickening it, I poured it over the chicken and baked for 45 mins at 350 - covered tightly with foil. The chicken was so tender and flavorful. And of course, I have leftover chicken for my salad at lunch today!!

Hope everyone has a great day...
Generally, I love gray,rainy, wintery weather, but it has rained non-stop here since BEFORE Christmas. Ponds and creeks are overflowing, my driveway is down in the road, my roof is still leaking. I need a day or so of sun.

Eating still isn't terrific-I'm still forgetting to eat, but what I do eat is fine. I think DD would love that chicken recipe; I'll copy it for her to try.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #50
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Generally, I love gray,rainy, wintery weather, but it has rained non-stop here since BEFORE Christmas. Ponds and creeks are overflowing, my driveway is down in the road, my roof is still leaking. I need a day or so of sun.

Eating still isn't terrific-I'm still forgetting to eat, but what I do eat is fine. I think DD would love that chicken recipe; I'll copy it for her to try.
Yes, same here. And our problem is that all the waterways (bays, rivers, etc.) are filled with silt and sand from the hurricane. So every time it rains, it floods again. There is no place for the water to go...

Speaking of which, I saw some friends for the first time since the storm. They have to knock down their house. The water damage and subsequent mold issues are just too much. They live in an adorable beach cottage with a beautiful new kitchen. So sad for them - it is costing a fortune.

Rose, you and I need to combine our resources. I constantly want to eat, you forget to eat. We both need a happy medium!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

This weather was such a downer, sun is coming out today!

Wiz, yay for the loss!

Hopeful13, keep going.. this is a journey,you need to adopt the new way of eating to conquer weight loss forever.. I also find charting to be helpful to see the overall picture.. as the weeks tick by, you see that you are always going down.. also remember to take measurements, just b/c you aren't losing weight doesn't mean your body isn't changing. <3 Keep us updated, checking in really helps to keep motivated when you know someone in this world knows how hard it is to succeed.

Weightloss challenge starts up again at work.. I lead the women all the way.. honestly, I'm hoping to inspire people at my job to give up processed garbage. The people consistently losing were eating whole foods and nothing prepackaged, their weight loss % were that much more ahead.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

hey everyone! it's too quiet.. let's hear how you are! doesn't matter if you went off... get back on.

Had a great weekend.. cooked up a storm.. got a roasting rack&pan for Christmas and got to use it on Sunday.. made a roasted chicken over root vegetables (Ina Garten's Perfect Chicken) roasted some broccoli to go with it.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #53

Wiz, that's so sad for your friends. I hope insurance will cover most of it? How are you doing these days?

Glitter, interesting about your weight loss challenge! People eating real food are losing more. Imagine. I love roasted veggies, so much more flavorful.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #54
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey gang,

I am just so-so. Up again, down again. I started off with a bang right after New Year's but things went south last week.

I need to avoid wine and lite beer for a while, I think. With last weekend being a 3-day weekend and my brother's 50th birthday, I had too many adult beverages which led to too much eating. Not necessarily off plan foods, but too much of everything. For me, quantities do matter.

In any case, back to some strict eating this week.

Glitter, Rose: How are you guys doing??

I'd love to see Michele check in, wonder how everything is going with her son...
Old 01-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyJenny
New to the Beach, hello!

Hi Everyone- I'm starting South Beach Supercharged tomorrow. I did the original south beach diet 8 years ago to lose my post baby weight. My second baby is 2 months old now, so I'm ready for the remaining weight to come off. I'm hoping this is a good forum for support, because I don't have any low carb buddies in the real world. My husband is a carboholic, so I am on the beach alone! Anybody have any tips to get through the first 48 hours? I'm betting those will be the hardest.
LuckyJenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #56

Quote:
Hey gang,

I am just so-so. Up again, down again. I started off with a bang right after New Year's but things went south last week.

I need to avoid wine and lite beer for a while, I think. With last weekend being a 3-day weekend and my brother's 50th birthday, I had too many adult beverages which led to too much eating. Not necessarily off plan foods, but too much of everything. For me, quantities do matter.

In any case, back to some strict eating this week.

Glitter, Rose: How are you guys doing??

I'd love to see Michele check in, wonder how everything is going with her son...
I'm good, just need to eat more. I wonder about Michele often. I hope things are going well; that has to be such a burden. And yes, lay off the beverages.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyJenny View Post
Hi Everyone- I'm starting South Beach Supercharged tomorrow. I did the original south beach diet 8 years ago to lose my post baby weight. My second baby is 2 months old now, so I'm ready for the remaining weight to come off. I'm hoping this is a good forum for support, because I don't have any low carb buddies in the real world. My husband is a carboholic, so I am on the beach alone! Anybody have any tips to get through the first 48 hours? I'm betting those will be the hardest.
back to the Beach. This is a great place for support. Post often and we'll talk back at you!

Standard advice here is do it by the book. Kind of hard with a carboholic in the house, but put your mind on your own eating and don't get derailed by his food. Plan your food for the day or week, cook ahead and keep things on hand that you can grab when it gets hectic.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:15 AM   #58
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Jenny!! Yes, we would love to support you in your journey to the Beach . (I wish we were all REALLY at the beach, this weather is the pits...)

Would you believe that all of a sudden I am losing again? My body is really acting crazy. But as mentioned, I did overindulge through the weekend, so I guess things are settling back into normalcy. I am down 6 lbs since Jan. 2, so I guess I'll take it. But I hope I don't see any more huge spikes on the scale. That is killing me.

Last night's dinner was simple and tasty. I marinated pork tenderloin overnight in equal parts (maybe 1/3 cup each?) olive oil, red wine vinegar and fresh lime juice with minced garlic, lots of chopped fresh cilantro, fresh ground pepper. I then baked it in the oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. For our veggie, we had sliced tomatoes and avocado with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pepper. Very fresh and flavorful!!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

hi Jenny, Rose & Wiz!

Jenny, if you are breastfeeding, skip phase 1, it made my milk supply tank...

down 2lbs this month.. not great (not been careful about portions) but not awful either. Otherwise it's too cold here.. just realized my stats say I'm 50lbs down from my highest pregnancy weight and down 20lbs from my after baby)

I actually meal planned for the next 6 weeks or so.. I couldn't sleep one night so that's what I did.
last night: Had ground chicken/turkey tacos mixed with black beans, salad and hard shells for DH.. my daughter had a chicken quesadilla, tomatoes, broccoli last night
Lunch: chicken parm (made my own bread crumbs) over spaghetti squash and salad
Dinner: baked chicken teriyaki, sauteed veggies (whatever is in the freezer) and black rice

Last edited by glitterific; 01-24-2013 at 07:39 AM..
Old 01-25-2013, 05:43 AM   #60
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all!!

Well, hopefully last week's spike on the scale was an anomaly. Because this week, I've been humming along. Friday is my official weigh-in day and I'm down just over 6.5 lbs since Jan. 2nd (which is pretty much where I was 2 weeks ago until the scale jumped up!!) Most of that was water weight, so now I am working to get rid of REAL weight I gained.

I will say my jeans are definitely starting to fit better, but I have another 5 lbs to go before I will feel comfortable in them!

Glitter, great news on the loss!! Also, I make Chicken Tenders with a combination of 2 parts parm cheese, 1 part whole wheat bread crumbs plus herbs. I love them with my home-made marinara sauce. What did you put in your crumb mix?

Last night's dinner is a Wiz house fave: Stuffed Red Peppers.

I halve the peppers and roast at 425 degrees until softened and the edges are charred.

Meanwhile, I saute low-fat (I use a couple of different brands, but always get ones that are no more than 4.5 grams of fat) italian chicken sausage, onion, garlic in a pan. Then remove from the heat and add in box of frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained), chopped sun dried tomatoes, skim mozzarella, oregano, fennel seed, pepper.

Stuff each pepper half with the mix (12 oz pack of sausage usually makes 3 full peppers.) When ready to eat, reheat at 350 until cheese melts.

If you want a veggie version, substitute mushrooms for the chicken sausage.

And I got eat the leftovers for breakfast this morning.

TGIF!!!