Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ANNSIE
Extending Phase one?

Since I haven't lost any weight and have only 4 more days of Phase one I was thinking about extending it for another week, this time cutting out wine altogether. BUT I am feeling very ready for some new foods and don't want to derail by frustration!

Has anyone else had experience with continuing on Phase 1?

Thank you!!
ANNSIE is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNSIE View Post
Since I haven't lost any weight and have only 4 more days of Phase one I was thinking about extending it for another week, this time cutting out wine altogether. BUT I am feeling very ready for some new foods and don't want to derail by frustration!

Has anyone else had experience with continuing on Phase 1?

Thank you!!
I think extending in your case is a good idea. Start over and do it by the book. Even in phase 1, there are so many good foods to choose that you shouldn't have trouble finding some interesting foods. Maybe try something completely new. Check in every day and post your food plan for the day. We'll help!
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:56 AM   #3
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Annsie, I am also a wine lover! However, I did give up wine completely for about 12 days on Phase 1 (I ended up having 1 glass at a function I went to on the 13th day...) In any case, I really cut back my wine - and any alcohol - consumption for the first couple months. Only on weekends, and only small amounts.

Now, I am more liberal in what I do, although I've realized that too much wine (or lite beer, or whatever) can trigger me to overeat or snack. And it really packs on the calories! So if I want wine, that means cutting back on something else.

So what I am advising is yes, stay on Phase 1 - but do try to eliminate wine for at least a week. And then once you re-add it back in on Phase 2, do it slowly and carefully.

2014 Running Miles: 215
2014 Walking Miles: 179
2014 Biking Miles: 354
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote