Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,446
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
June - Summer is coming!

rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
michele777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 713
Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
Nice picture Rose!!!!
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,446
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
It's Key West.

I had a boiled egg for breakfast and then stir fried tofu and lots of veggies and two egg rolls. What did you eat today?

Last edited by rose1; 06-01-2012 at 06:47 PM..
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:37 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 55
Gallery: lharris0702
Stats: 114/114/109
WOE: WW SFT
Start Date: restarted 2-14-14
Michelle, thank you for the website ***********. I really like it and was amazed how low my calorie intake was. It really is a great website and I am really going to try and record daily all I eat. Thanks again.
lharris0702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member
 
michele777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 713
Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris0702 View Post
Michelle, thank you for the website ***********. I really like it and was amazed how low my calorie intake was. It really is a great website and I am really going to try and record daily all I eat. Thanks again.
I switch my mind every week about which diet I want to follow! But, no matter what I track on *********** and it gives me alot of good info! Glad you like it!

Michele
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:41 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 55
Gallery: lharris0702
Stats: 114/114/109
WOE: WW SFT
Start Date: restarted 2-14-14
Good Morning Everyone!
Michelle - I know I always am wanting to switch because I think there may be a better diet out there but when looking at everything out there SB just make good sense and a healthy way of eating compared to some of the crazy diets out there and what I loose I dont tend to put on unless I get way off track. But I do like that tracking and the info they give you.
Off for my morning run.
lharris0702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:35 AM   #7
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,653
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
I love it! We walk past that exact spot every day when we are in Key West. There actually isn't much beach in Key West, (it's basically a rock) so it's easy to recognize this one. It's on Smather's Beach, out by the airport. There is a big wide sidewalk that stretches along the water - great for walking, biking, running, roller blading. A beautiful way to start the day...

Having an okay weekend, scale was slightly down on Saturday morning but bounced back up a bit this morning. But I still have today to meet my mini goal of staying the same weight this weekend!! I need to stop at the store, we are seriously low on just about all my staple foods. I can barely cobble together breakfast with what I have in the fridge.

Hope everyone has great day!
__________________
2014 is a new chapter in my journey...I am eager to embrace the changes coming my way and make it work.

2014 Running Miles: 328
2014 Walking Miles: 278
2014 Biking Miles: 456
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:56 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member
 
michele777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 713
Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
I love it! We walk past that exact spot every day when we are in Key West. There actually isn't much beach in Key West, (it's basically a rock) so it's easy to recognize this one. It's on Smather's Beach, out by the airport. There is a big wide sidewalk that stretches along the water - great for walking, biking, running, roller blading. A beautiful way to start the day...

Having an okay weekend, scale was slightly down on Saturday morning but bounced back up a bit this morning. But I still have today to meet my mini goal of staying the same weight this weekend!! I need to stop at the store, we are seriously low on just about all my staple foods. I can barely cobble together breakfast with what I have in the fridge.

Hope everyone has great day!
It figures you have been there!! Miss Energizer bunny!
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,446
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Wiz, I kinda figured that you might recognize that. It's been a looooong time since I was down there, but the keys are a place you never forget. I liked Key Largo best of all when I was a child. Maybe because of Bogart? On Key West you feel like you are at the end of the world when you are little.

Michele, you are too funny!

Boiled egg and a toast and a peach off the tree for breakfast.

Last edited by rose1; 06-03-2012 at 10:35 AM..
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Shalbrihil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Central Coast California
Posts: 4,482
Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
May I join you folks? I've been reading more than posting but I think know I'm ready to battle this weight gain with something I know works. This plan was what took most of my weight of in 03. I'm back on Phase 1 for the rest of this day and the next 2 weeks.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member
 
michele777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 713
Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
Welcome Sharon! I'm sure you will find lots of support here!
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,446
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
May I join you folks? I've been reading more than posting but I think know I'm ready to battle this weight gain with something I know works. This plan was what took most of my weight of in 03. I'm back on Phase 1 for the rest of this day and the next 2 weeks.

Sharon!
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Shalbrihil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Central Coast California
Posts: 4,482
Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Day 1

Thank you for the nice welcome Rose1 and Michele777. Well so far so good on my phase 1. This morning was just a tad off with pork bacon but aside from that I was on plan. Now if I can get through the night without eating anything...

Breakfast

2 eggs and 2 bacon

Snack

a glass of plain kefir 1%

Lunch

stir fry vegetables with TJ's Just Chicken teriyaki

Dinner

bison burger with cheese slice and summer squash patty/zucchini steamed

Drank

water and sun tea (green and peppermint with stevia)


Heading for bed see you all tomorrow.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member
 
Serenity_Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 70
Gallery: Serenity_Rose
Stats: 290/290/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: January 2013
everyone!

I'm not actually new - but I kind of am. I followed SB as a teen, but rather fell off the wagon - hit some stressful times - went to college - the whole story Anyway, I'm back now, got a start in May along with a friend who is wanting to lose weight as well. I've already lost about 5 lbs, and I don't care if that is water weight and misc. fluff, it's good to see the scale go down!

So, Hi.
Serenity_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:16 AM   #15
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,653
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Good morning Beachers!!

Welcome to Sharon and Serenity Rose (whose name I am going to abbreviate to be SRose to differentiate her from our fearless leader - Rose!!)

Well, I didn't quite hit my mini goal of staying the same weight all weekend. I was up 4 oz this morning. But that's not too bad, all things considered.

Funny story...my husband doesn't follow SB as closely as I do, but he has embraced many of its concepts. We're at one of our favorite little restaurants, he orders the veggie pizza with WW (whole wheat for you newbies) crust. The waiter says we no longer make the WW crust. My husband was outraged! Well, not really, but now he only really eats WW bread or pizza. French fries are another whole can of worms - those he can't (won't) give up.

Gotta run! Busy work day ahead...later.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,446
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Good morning Beachers!!

Welcome to Sharon and Serenity Rose (whose name I am going to abbreviate to be SRose to differentiate her from our fearless leader - Rose!!)

Well, I didn't quite hit my mini goal of staying the same weight all weekend. I was up 4 oz this morning. But that's not too bad, all things considered.

Funny story...my husband doesn't follow SB as closely as I do, but he has embraced many of its concepts. We're at one of our favorite little restaurants, he orders the veggie pizza with WW (whole wheat for you newbies) crust. The waiter says we no longer make the WW crust. My husband was outraged! Well, not really, but now he only really eats WW bread or pizza. French fries are another whole can of worms - those he can't (won't) give up.

Gotta run! Busy work day ahead...later.

Good grief, Wiz. 4 oz is a few swallows of water. I'd claim victory.

Funny about your husband. I'm the same way. When I go into a place with my taste buds all set and they "don't have that anymore" I usually don't go back. (Which really limits my already slim options.)
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Shalbrihil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Central Coast California
Posts: 4,482
Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Day 2-P1

Hi Serenity_Rose. I have a bad habit of eating in the middle of the night. I made it last night fighting the almond urge. Got a fresh weigh-in and keeping on track on my 2nd day of phase 1 South Beach. I lost 150 pounds with SB and after trying different plans because of boredom put about 60 pounds back on. I have these little evil demons mr late night and loving fruit to much. Time to get back my control. Had good day today. Dh and I even got a walk with our fur kids. Yikes! I hate when you lose all that hard work you've gained with exercise!

Breakfast: 2 egg scramble with chicken breast and baby pepper slices

Snack: 1 serving plain 1% kefir with 2 teas.chia seeds

Lunch: L/O stir fry with chicken breast pieces over lettuce bal/vin.

Dinner: 1/2 salmon piece 1/2 halibut piece, green beans steamed

Drink: water and green/peppermint sun tea
____
__________________

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:32 AM   #18
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,653
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Oh Sharon, I am also a late night snacker. Some nights I can beat those cravings into submission, other nights I am just out of control. I would say that it is the top reason I gained weight. It all started 20 years ago when my husband started working a job that starts at 4 AM (so he gets up at 3 AM). He would go to bed at 7:30 and I'd have the house (and fridge and kitchen...) to myself. I'm better now at controlling those urges to eat at night, but some nights are a disaster! I feel your pain...

Yes, Rose, I certainly don't think we'll be going to this place for pizza anymore. There's a great new place in town called The Coal House that has these enormous, beautiful salads and coal-oven baked pizzas - with WW. Looks like they just won our business over the old place. Oh well...

So folks - have I mentioned that we have our 30th (yikes!!) college reunion this weekend?? We'll be staying up at our college for 2 nights, seeing our old gang. Should be fun. I am a little stressed over outfits, etc. BUT I will be 35 lbs less than I was 5 years ago!! (It should have been 40 lbs, but darn it - I gained 5 lbs back in the last 2 years...)

Have a good day Beach friends!!
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #19
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,446
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Wiz, you know pizza is my weakness. I'm so glad there is not a place like that within striking distance. Do I need a happy face or a sad face here?

Your reunion will be fun - 5 lbs or not!

Last edited by rose1; 06-05-2012 at 09:01 AM..
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #20
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
wiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Posts: 3,653
Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Wiz, you know pizza is my weakness. I'm so glad there is not a place like that within striking distance. Do I need a happy face or a sad face here?

Your reunion will be fun - 5 lbs or not!
Too funny, Rose. When we do eat pizza, we get the WW and some type of veggie topping - and most importantly, only a medium-sized thin crust. And of course, we start off with a big salad. He has 4 slices, I have 2. You know what? To me, that is exactly what SB is all about! We eat that kind of meal about every 3 weeks.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Shalbrihil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Central Coast California
Posts: 4,482
Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Oh Sharon, I am also a late night snacker. Some nights I can beat those cravings into submission, other nights I am just out of control. I would say that it is the top reason I gained weight. It all started 20 years ago when my husband started working a job that starts at 4 AM (so he gets up at 3 AM). He would go to bed at 7:30 and I'd have the house (and fridge and kitchen...) to myself. I'm better now at controlling those urges to eat at night, but some nights are a disaster! I feel your pain...!
The joke of the whole thing is I never went off the eating plan. I just overate the right stuff.

Had another good night last night. Aiming for day 3 now.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member
 
michele777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 713
Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
I gained twenty pounds on South Beach diet overeating the "right" foods two years ago. I ate too much fat, too much salad dressing and too much cheese. If I follow the plan without keeping an eye on calories I gain weight. I am not the only petite woman to describe this happening on SBD. I have now learned how to not gain weight from it, but unless I watch my calories, or really eat small portions I will not lose a pound. That is why I am an advocate for tracking if you are following the plan but not really losing any weight. The beauty of SBD is not having to count calories or points, but if you are following it and not losing I think it is a great idea to track and get an idea of the calories and sodium you are consuming.
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #23
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,446
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
The joke of the whole thing is I never went off the eating plan. I just overate the right stuff.

Had another good night last night. Aiming for day 3 now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michele777 View Post
I gained twenty pounds on South Beach diet overeating the "right" foods two years ago. I ate too much fat, too much salad dressing and too much cheese. If I follow the plan without keeping an eye on calories I gain weight. I am not the only petite woman to describe this happening on SBD. I have now learned how to not gain weight from it, but unless I watch my calories, or really eat small portions I will not lose a pound. That is why I am an advocate for tracking if you are following the plan but not really losing any weight. The beauty of SBD is not having to count calories or points, but if you are following it and not losing I think it is a great idea to track and get an idea of the calories and sodium you are consuming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Too funny, Rose. When we do eat pizza, we get the WW and some type of veggie topping - and most importantly, only a medium-sized thin crust. And of course, we start off with a big salad. He has 4 slices, I have 2. You know what? To me, that is exactly what SB is all about! We eat that kind of meal about every 3 weeks.
Michele and I are SHORT, so we can't eat freely, no matter what plan we try. The first thing to look at is calories if you start to gain. Calories! Avocadoes-a SB serving is 1/3 of one. Who eats 1/3 of an avocado? So if I eat a whole one, I cut back somewhere else. You don't have to pick carrot shreds out of your salad while you pile on the ranch .

You are all right- you can't over eat or eat the goodies. Now and then, now and then. Even on phase 3, those things are to be eaten rarely.
__________________
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
If you're Knitting, you're not Eating!

~*~*~Proud Knitter For~*~*~
The Ships Project- Supporting America's Troops
Deployed in the War on Terror-
One stitch at a time!
http://www.theshipsproject.com
]
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member
 
michele777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 713
Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
Exactly! Maybe a very active larger man can follow the plan exactly by the book, but so far from what I have seen most people have to tweak it to suit their own needs, calorie range, activity level, carb tolerance etc. For me I need to be about 1200 calories a day to lose. I also have to keep my healthy grains to pretty much one serving a day, and keep an eye on my sodium. I have also tried to reduce my dressing to one tbsp as a serving instead of two. That seems to work better for me. Avacados and guacamole are my weakness! As are white potatoes. They are a no-no, but I can not seem to stay away from them!

Rose- I hope you are eating well!! Mangia!
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Shalbrihil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Central Coast California
Posts: 4,482
Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I'm considered a shorty too at 5'3.5 - 5'4. Fortunately I have broken away from sugar from my first time around with SB. I was doing ok until this year when I started wanting full fat. I know as far as desserts, that will never happen here. Just don't care for them now. Now it's nuts and fruit with plain yogurt that get me into trouble. Doesn't sound too bad but yes it is. The portion control is just not there and the bowl is huge for the fruit and well we won't go into nut portions, lol.

Hope your day is going great. Mine is thumbs up. got my walk in at our lake park, did some shopping and just keeping busy. The scale was nice this morning hope to be into the 250's soon.

Breakfast: 2 egg spinach scramble w/TJ's cooked chicken breast. Coffee

Snack: plain 1% kefir w/ 2 teas. chia seeds

Lunch: 2 chicken fajita lettuce wraps w/ sprinkling of thin shredded Mexican cheese
sun green tea

Dinner: Pork tenderloin bbq, cauli rice, garden salad with tomato and avocado, broccoli

Drank water throughout the day.

See ya tomorrow
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member
 
michele777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 713
Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
5'3" - 5'4" - You are a giant to this 5' gal! lol
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Shalbrihil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Central Coast California
Posts: 4,482
Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
You mean I can have someone to tower over? My neck gets tired looking up while trying to talk with my grown kids. LOL
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #28
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,446
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
What's average these days? I went looking for a pair of jeans last night and I would have to whack about 8 " off of short lengths. What short person is that tall? Are they making pants longer now? I can almost wear capris as long pants.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member
 
michele777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 713
Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
Yes, the pants are very long! And so low in the butt area. Bring back my jordache jeans any day! lol

Sharon- Yes feel free to tower over me!!
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #30
Way too much time on my hands!
 
rose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 26,446
Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by michele777 View Post
Yes, the pants are very long! And so low in the butt area. Bring back my jordache jeans any day! lol

Sharon- Yes feel free to tower over me!!
Oh yes, that is SO attractive!
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:51 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.