Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille View Post
Hello! I decided to join LCF after spending the last hour reading this thread - you seem like a really friendly group and I wanted to get in on the fun.

A few years ago my friend told me that being in your 30's was no different than being in your 20's except that one day you wake up and are suddenly 5kg heavier than the day before. I had that moment yesterday - I did South Beach last summer, lost my last 10 pounds, and kept almost all of it off for a year. And then yesterday (2 weeks after turning 33) I looked at the scale, and I'm almost back to where I started! It was all the motivation I needed to finally put my "return to phase 1" plan into action, after thinking about it for a month!

I'm only trying to lose a small amount of weight (10-15lbs) but I find that I need the Phase 1 plan to break me of my sugar and cracker cravings - although I refuse to give up my caffeinated coffee!

Rose1, I am very jealous of your fresh peaches! In my early 20's I developed an allergy to all fresh fruits with pits in the middle (peaches, apricots, cherries, even certain apples), and I still miss them so much! I can eat them once they've been baked, but its just not the same thing.

I am so, so sorry about your allergy. I wonder if it was caused by some sprays or something. I do cook our peaches and apples into sauce and put it over yogurt and ricotta pancakes, but you're right, it's not the same as fresh.

( I never gave up coffee, either.)
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2012, 04:54 AM   #152
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Welcome Camille!!

Last night I made stuffed red peppers, such a good way to get lots of veggies into one meal! I roast the peppers at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, turning them once. The skin should start to turn black and peel off.

I stuff them with different ingredients depending on what I have around. Yesterday I used 12 oz of low-fat (i.e. under 3 grams of fat) chicken sausage, a diced onion, ~ 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato, a box of thawed chopped spinach (drained), fresh oregano, fennel seed, and about 3 oz of skim mozz. It makes 6 large pepper halves.

I also do this same combination but I omit the chicken sausage and add in chopped mushrooms for a meatless version.

Tonight is date night at the Wiz household!! My guess is we'll do 2 for 1 burger night at a local pub. I get a side salad and no bun...he gets fries and the big white roll. But I will indulge in glass of wine!

Hope you all have a great day on the beach!!

2014 Running Miles: 328
2014 Walking Miles: 278
2014 Biking Miles: 456
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I have to try doing the peppers. They sound so satisfying! I think I can get hubby to eat this one too, Woo Hoo! Have fun on your date night, Wiz.

Tonights cast iron roasted chicken and something picked from the garden. Still waiting on the tomato plants. Looks like when they ripen I'll have a truck load!

The day's been really nice here but poor Colorado has sure had a bad fire. My SIL and her husband had to evacuate this morning so I've been watching the live feed from there news channel. So sad to see so many homes have been burned. At least I know my SIL is safe now.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:19 AM   #154
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sharon, those fires are just awful. Tens of thousands of people are impacted. Glad your family is OK.

I'm getting geared up for a busy weekend...tonight is a friend's 50th b-day party, tomorrow is my b-day (out to dinner with friends), Saturday is a graduation party at a neighbor's and Sunday is my niece's b-day BBQ. The good news? It's all bike ride or walking distance. Bad news? Lots of temptation.

I don't know about the rest of you, but we're due for another heat wave. Although it was beautiful this morning, I shut the windows and started the A/C again. It's supposed to be high 90s for the next 5 days. UGH!!

Stay cool!! And drink tons of water....
Old 06-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #155
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Camille
WOE: South Beach Ph1
Start Date: Restarted April 22, 2013
Send some of that heat out West (and North!). In Vancouver there's a 60% chance of rain this weekend, and its our holiday long weekend!

Its strange how the weather is never balanced properly - half of BC is under flood watch because all the extra rain this spring is causing increased snow melt of what were near record-breaking snow-packs in most places. If only we could send our extra water to Colorado to help put out those fires!
Camille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBelly
Stats: 239/219/195
WOE: deb's low glycemic carb based on Atkins & S Beach
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Imprint left

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrysmom View Post
I read a post about how the scale might not move, but your clothes will fit better, and that's how you can measure progress. I have lost 5 lbs. so far, but I've done that on other diets and my clothes still fit the same.
Dh and I are going to a movie later today, and I dreaded looking in my closet for an outfit that isn't for chores, and is comfortable. This is my 12th day on SB, and I dared to try on jeans that were too snug to wear beforehand. They fit fine, and even have a little wiggle room! Also, I couldn't button the bottom button of any of my "good" short-sleeved shirts before, and am now wearing one to the movie.

Yea!
pm
Hi Guys,
I wanted to share this little snicker with you.
Well I have lost about 15 lbs since I 1st started this lifestyle on 6/4. The other day looking for something to wear, no time to think about it, grabbed my old khakis. My goto pants when I am feeling fat. Well, I noticed that [as you know my avatar is the theBelly with reason] that my pants contained an imprint of my old belly size. There is like loose material around that part. You can actually grab the loose material. About 4inches of it! Today, same thing with another pair of pants- dress pants. They were kinda of snug before has got the imprint of the old belly
My friend told me, after asking why, "...cause they are stretched. just buy some tunics to cover that..." then proceeded to laugh her butt off at the look on my face!

Last edited by TheBelly; 06-28-2012 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: typo correction
TheBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Be careful with flaxseed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBelly View Post
Hey what are you guys comments/experiences on the flaxseed. I tried the stuff. I think I like it. At any rate, made variations of the flaxseed muffin and a type of lemonade tea last. All I know is I had been struggling to keep the measly 1.5 lbs lost on post week 3 phase 1.5. Well, I feel full. Or, is it fuller? No cravings. Stomach definitely feels "better" not "bloated". Anyhoo, 'Got on the scale lost the 1.5 plus another 1.5 lbs to boot all in the span of 3 days. Today at work, I added a little to my breakfast and I am feeling satiated. I usually have a little munchie feeling by now. It's lunch time so that would be normal. But, I am cool - not hungry.
The right amount is enhancing and believe is actually helping - it makes me feel full for quite awhile. BUT too much is
Old 06-28-2012, 09:25 AM   #158

Quote:
Hi Guys,
I wanted to share this little snicker with you.
Well I have lost about 15 lbs since I 1st started this lifestyle on 6/4. The other day looking for something to wear, no time to think about it, grabbed my old khakis. My goto pants when I am feeling fat. Well, I noticed that [as you know my avatar is the theBelly with reason] that my pants contained an imprint of my old belly size. There is like loose material around that part. You can actually grab the loose material. About 4inches of it! Today, same thing with another pair of pants- dress pants. They were kinda of snug before has got the imprint of the old belly
My friend told me, after asking why, "...cause they are stretched. just buy some tunics to cover that..." then proceeded to laugh her butt off at the look on my face!
How cool is that!
Quote:
The right amount is enhancing and believe is actually helping - it makes me feel full for quite awhile. BUT too much is
Umm, yeah!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Sharon, those fires are just awful. Tens of thousands of people are impacted. Glad your family is OK.

I'm getting geared up for a busy weekend...tonight is a friend's 50th b-day party, tomorrow is my b-day (out to dinner with friends), Saturday is a graduation party at a neighbor's and Sunday is my niece's b-day BBQ. The good news? It's all bike ride or walking distance. Bad news? Lots of temptation.

I don't know about the rest of you, but we're due for another heat wave. Although it was beautiful this morning, I shut the windows and started the A/C again. It's supposed to be high 90s for the next 5 days. UGH!!

Wow, you do have a busy weekend planned! I'm sure you will have fun at every party.

Our weather is just awful. No rain for over a month. Corn is dead, soybeans are dead. Just getting the second cutting of hay in. Some small communities are out of water completely and they are passing out bottled water for drinking until they can truck water in. Farmers have already started feeding hay, which is unheard of in June. People's gardens that they count on to feed themselves through the winter aren't producing. It's bad. Central TN has a forecast of over 100 for the next 5 days--105-107 Fri-Sun and in the eastern part, we're a little cooler-104.

~*~*~Proud Knitter For~*~*~
The Ships Project- Supporting America's Troops
Deployed in the War on Terror-
One stitch at a time!
http://www.theshipsproject.com
]
Old 06-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah is right! Just think of 1 TBS of flax as equivalent to 1 egg with added fiber to boot. Congratulations on that great weight drop! You may have to do a name change soon. Maybe Skinny Jeans? Love the belly imprint in your clothes. I hear ya on that one!! KUTGW.

Our family is safe now after being evacuated yesterday from the danger area. I'm so relieved! Have fun at all your parties, Wiz.

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 06-28-2012 at 09:53 AM..
Old 06-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Wow, you do have a busy weekend planned! I'm sure you will have fun at every party.

Our weather is just awful. No rain for over a month. Corn is dead, soybeans are dead. Just getting the second cutting of hay in. Some small communities are out of water completely and they are passing out bottled water for drinking until they can truck water in.
That sucks! I have experience jacked up weather on both parts of the USA Boston and Louisiana. either too hot like the conditions mentioned above everything dying. Or rain, grey weather, freezing cold when it should be warm. It messes with my head! Hand in there chief!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Yeah is right! Just think of 1 TBS of flax as equivalent to 1 egg with added fiber to boot. Congratulations on that great weight drop! You may have to do a name change soon. Maybe Skinny Jeans? Love the belly imprint in your close. I hear ya on that one!! KUTGW.

Yeah, I am patiently waiting to change it to "flatter belly" but patience is the key. that thing just bloated up on me. I wonder why that happens to some people. I got that from my mom - when ask why she pass that on to me - she said "somebody gave to me" otherwise, i have nice little figure I am not going to complain. never been skinny don't want to be. but dag now the first thing you will notice on me (well not anymore ) is my gut.

Oh yeah. Flax seed you must be careful with the stuff. can be nasty crapponi. you have to know how to mix it. I put too much in a meatloaf yucky poo poo doo doo!

but i have use little amount i.e. 1 tblspoon in stuff that is working well.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #163
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:

TOMORROW WIZ!!!!

Last edited by Berta48; 06-28-2012 at 10:12 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Our family is safe now after being evacuated yesterday from the danger area. I'm so relieved! Have fun at all your parties, Wiz.

Sorry, so thoughtless of me. I didn't read the thread regarding your family... I am glad you guys made it to safety! STAY Safe and be well!
Old 06-29-2012, 04:03 AM   #165
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post

Our weather is just awful. No rain for over a month. Corn is dead, soybeans are dead. Just getting the second cutting of hay in. Some small communities are out of water completely and they are passing out bottled water for drinking until they can truck water in. Farmers have already started feeding hay, which is unheard of in June. People's gardens that they count on to feed themselves through the winter aren't producing. It's bad. Central TN has a forecast of over 100 for the next 5 days--105-107 Fri-Sun and in the eastern part, we're a little cooler-104.
Rose, that was us last summer. Just horribly dry and hot. So far, we have gotten nice little rainstorms every couple of days. I've had to water my hanging baskets and potted plants every day, but my perennial beds have needed very little extra water.

So I am sitting in my kitchen waiting for the plumber to arrive - our hot water heater is leaking all over my basement! And yes, today is my birthday. Great gift, huh? $1000 water heater - plus labor. sigh....the joys of turning 52.

I hope you all have a great weekend!! I will be celebrating in style at my favorite restaurant tonight, with two of our dearest friends.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
Happy Birthday, Birthday Buddy Wiz!!!! I got an iphone for my birthday! Now I need to figure out how to use it! Enjoy your day!
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sorry, so thoughtless of me. I didn't read the thread regarding your family... I am glad you guys made it to safety! STAY Safe and be well!
Oh thank you TB. We live in California but my husbands sister and her husband were caught up in and had to evacuate when the Waldo fire got too close. We got a quick call from her this morning and all is well but they are still not able to get back to there place to see if it's still there. We're just grateful that they are ok.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #168
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Rose, that was us last summer. Just horribly dry and hot. So far, we have gotten nice little rainstorms every couple of days. I've had to water my hanging baskets and potted plants every day, but my perennial beds have needed very little extra water.

So I am sitting in my kitchen waiting for the plumber to arrive - our hot water heater is leaking all over my basement! And yes, today is my birthday. Great gift, huh? $1000 water heater - plus labor. sigh....the joys of turning 52.

I hope you all have a great weekend!! I will be celebrating in style at my favorite restaurant tonight, with two of our dearest friends.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #169
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!! Much appreciated....xoxo
Old 06-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #170