Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
A friend wanted something desserty last night so she made SF lemon jello and when it got to the syrupy state, she beat a large pack of lower fat cream cheese, then beat the jello into it. She said the original idea included a tub of cool whip, but since neither of us would touch cool whip with a 10' pole, she left that out. I don't eat jello either, but I took a taste and it was reminiscent of light cheesecake. I can see all kinds of flavors and you could easily use it for pie filling. I wonder if you could freeze it? She called later that night and she had eaten it all. It ended up being dinner.

~*~*~Proud Knitter For~*~*~
The Ships Project- Supporting America's Troops
Deployed in the War on Terror-
One stitch at a time!
http://www.theshipsproject.com
]
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
That is the trouble with cream cheese, sour cream, dips, guacamole etc. I know I always wind up eating it all!!! Sounds very delicious Rose!
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #123

Just ate a right off the tree, baseball-size, ripe, warm from the sun, Tennessee peach.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBelly
Stats: 239/219/195
WOE: deb's low glycemic carb based on Atkins & S Beach
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
A friend wanted something desserty last night so she made SF lemon jello and when it got to the syrupy state, she beat a large pack of lower fat cream cheese, then beat the jello into it. She said the original idea included a tub of cool whip, but since neither of us would touch cool whip with a 10' pole, she left that out. I don't eat jello either, but I took a taste and it was reminiscent of light cheesecake. I can see all kinds of flavors and you could easily use it for pie filling. I wonder if you could freeze it? She called later that night and she had eaten it all. It ended up being dinner.
that is too funny! Sounds delicious though.
TheBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Just ate a right off the tree, baseball-size, ripe, warm from the sun, Tennessee peach.
Braggert! Where is mine
Old 06-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBelly View Post
Braggert! Where is mine
I'll fax you one.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Yummmmy! I can taste it right now!! Fax me one too!
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #128
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
TEMPTEST... NAUGHTY.... NAUGHTY....
MADE MY MOUTH FILL UP WITH WATER
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #129

OK. Peaches for everyone. One apple tree is ready to pick, too.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #130
Berta48

Quote:
OK. Peaches for everyone. One apple tree is ready to pick, too.
I have apples
Old 06-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #131
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Bonjour!! I'm back from Paris. The business part of my trip went well, I got in a great run along the Seine while there (something about being able to see the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Place de la Concorde, and the Louvre while jogging that is quite inspiring!!).

And on Sunday, when I arrived, it was beautiful out. So I did a ton of walking and shopping! I have a lot of family birthdays coming up so was able to pick up some fun stuff for my nieces. OK, and I got a cute pair of earrings for myself.

Eating was so-so. It's hard to stick with SB when there are croissants being thrown your way every time you blink!! (and gosh, they are so darn good.)

Looks like a few new people have joined us, welcome to all!!

Berta, nice to see you check in. How was your trip to Branson? Hope you had a good time.

Rose, peaches!! yum. There is about a 2 week window every summer where Jersey peaches and blueberries are both in season. I make the best (if I do say so myself!) blueberry/peach crumb pies for my family members. They cry for it!

Gotta get to work, lots piled up while I was away. TGIF!!!

2014 Running Miles: 394
2014 Walking Miles: 313
2014 Biking Miles: 513
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome back Wiz. Good to see ya and hear about your great views while running. That sounds like an amazing place.

Rose, We are expecting a lug of apricots from a friend who has an orchard sometime around the first of July. Can hardly wait for them. They are delicious!

Let's have a great SB day everyone.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #133
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Bonjour!! I'm back from Paris. The business part of my trip went well, I got in a great run along the Seine while there (something about being able to see the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Place de la Concorde, and the Louvre while jogging that is quite inspiring!!).

And on Sunday, when I arrived, it was beautiful out. So I did a ton of walking and shopping! I have a lot of family birthdays coming up so was able to pick up some fun stuff for my nieces. OK, and I got a cute pair of earrings for myself.

Eating was so-so. It's hard to stick with SB when there are croissants being thrown your way every time you blink!! (and gosh, they are so darn good.)

Looks like a few new people have joined us, welcome to all!!

Berta, nice to see you check in. How was your trip to Branson? Hope you had a good time.

Rose, peaches!! yum. There is about a 2 week window every summer where Jersey peaches and blueberries are both in season. I make the best (if I do say so myself!) blueberry/peach crumb pies for my family members. They cry for it!

Gotta get to work, lots piled up while I was away. TGIF!!!
Hello Wiz
Welcome home Your life sounds so exciting. I always wanted to travel but the good Lord had other plans for me. And his plans are always best. I have lived a sheltered life really.I still would like to go somewhere some day before leaving earth

We live in a smaller country community and many Amish live around us so they grow peaches and I will definetly have some before summer is over and thier corn on the cob too

Our trip to Branson was just wonderful. We had such a nice time.We laughed and tlaked and went to a dinner theater and laughed some more.We saw the Passion Play it was really, really inspiring.

We ate out everyday.LOVED IT! I do not like cooking anymore. I like baking but can't have things like that now soooo.

PARIS AAAHHHH

Last edited by Berta48; 06-22-2012 at 11:30 AM..
Old 06-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
Wiz- When I think of myself running through Paris, I think I wouldn't really want to drop dead in another Country! lol See that is how people who do not exercise often think!

I'm glad your trip was a good one and welcome back!

Michele
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

QUOTE=rose1;15743126]I'll fax you one. [/QUOTE]

wouldn't that be cool like star trek. I could call ya - "Hey Rose beem me over a peach will ya".
Old 06-23-2012, 04:07 AM   #136
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michele777 View Post
Wiz- When I think of myself running through Paris, I think I wouldn't really want to drop dead in another Country! lol See that is how people who do not exercise often think!

I'm glad your trip was a good one and welcome back!

Michele
LOL, you are too funny Michele! I've been running in so many countries, I've lost track. And that is the beauty of being an outside (i.e. non treadmill) runner - just bring your sneakers and go. No gym equipment needed.

Berta, glad you have a good trip! FYI. On the Passion Play, my grandparents saw the one in Germany that is only staged once a decade. It is 7 hours long! But they said it was one of the most inspirational moments in their life. I would love to see it, but not sure I could get my husband to sit there for that long. But since it is in Bavaria, where Munich is located, maybe the enticement of really good beer would do the trick!

Sharon, yes, Paris is as beautiful as they say. Just a lovely city to walk through. Although, I have to say that you really do have to be somewhat savvy there. Lots of pickpockets, scammers, etc. like any big city.

Well, folks, I'm hoping for a nice, sunny day today...would love to go to the beach. The water temp is really high for June in NJ, I want to take advantage of it.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a nice day ladies!

Old 06-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: perrysmom
WOE: general lc
Start Date: 11/8/2012
I read a post about how the scale might not move, but your clothes will fit better, and that's how you can measure progress. I have lost 5 lbs. so far, but I've done that on other diets and my clothes still fit the same.
Dh and I are going to a movie later today, and I dreaded looking in my closet for an outfit that isn't for chores, and is comfortable. This is my 12th day on SB, and I dared to try on jeans that were too snug to wear beforehand. They fit fine, and even have a little wiggle room! Also, I couldn't button the bottom button of any of my "good" short-sleeved shirts before, and am now wearing one to the movie.

Yea!
pm
perrysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #139
Berta48

I have to share with all my SB friends.
I have been on the HCG plan for 2 months today.
I have lost 20.4 lbs and 17inches

Congratulations to Perrys mom. That's a great feeling isn't it?
Old 06-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's wonderful Roberta and Perrysmom!!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:50 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
I have to share with all my SB friends.
I have been on the HCG plan for 2 months today.
I have lost 20.4 lbs and 17inches

Congratulations to Perrys mom. That's a great feeling isn't it?
Yes, it is, Berta! And I sat at the movie without my pants digging into my belly, which was also a good feeling.

Congrats on your weight loss! That's pretty impressive.

pm
Old 06-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #142
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woo hoo Berta and PM!!! Great news for you both.

It was a beautiful weekend here at the Jersey Shore...sunny, ocean is warm enough to swim in (and I had to have gone in at least 6 times!!) and crystal clear too. We walked, rode our bikes, and generally enjoyed ourselves.

I finally got on the scale, it was higher than I would have liked (of course ) but not outrageous. Pretty much same old, same old Monday morning weight. I guess the good news is I am not gaining any weight, but the bad news I'm not back at my original goal weight either. sigh....

Making a baked eggplant rolantine tonight (as part of our meatless Monday routine), will let you know how it turns out. It will be SB friendly of course!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

PM Welcome to the Beach! I'm new too and love seeing new faces. Is your Perry a rat terrier? It looks just like mine only my boy's colors are brown and white. I have two and they rule us. I bet perry is a joy to own.

Another walk is in order for dh, the boys and me. The weather here is to good to pass up an outside stroll at our lake close by. Wiz, taking dips in that wonderful ocean sounds just lovely. Our beach is 11 mi. away from us and we are there once a week for our outing. We love meeting family and having a nice lunch while we watch the others enjoy the beach with there kids.

Time to get moving. Have a wonderful Monday ladies.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Old 06-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Flaxseed anyone?

Hey what are you guys comments/experiences on the flaxseed. I tried the stuff. I think I like it. At any rate, made variations of the flaxseed muffin and a type of lemonade tea last. All I know is I had been struggling to keep the measly 1.5 lbs lost on post week 3 phase 1.5. Well, I feel full. Or, is it fuller? No cravings. Stomach definitely feels "better" not "bloated". Anyhoo, 'Got on the scale lost the 1.5 plus another 1.5 lbs to boot all in the span of 3 days. Today at work, I added a little to my breakfast and I am feeling satiated. I usually have a little munchie feeling by now. It's lunch time so that would be normal. But, I am cool - not hungry.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I buy the whole seed and grind what I need for the week then I keep that in the frig. The seeds I keep in the freezer. The flax meal that I grind I use on just about anything I can mix it into. I love the stuff. Can't beat the Omega 3's either. Good going on the loss! That's wonderful to see especially on a MONDAY! Good Job!
Old 06-26-2012, 05:25 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
PM Welcome to the Beach! I'm new too and love seeing new faces. Is your Perry a rat terrier? It looks just like mine only my boy's colors are brown and white. I have two and they rule us. I bet perry is a joy to own.

Hi Sharon,

Yes, Perry is a rattie. He's actually tri-colored, and has some tan around his face. His markings are quite beautiful. I'll have to change my avatar to one that shows them.
Ratties are the most special dogs, aren't they? You're lucky to have 2 of them. I tried adding another to our home, but Perry got quite depressed and even ill. He was severely abused in his past life, so I guess the change was too much for him. It was hard to give up the new dog, as I loved her so much, but The Dude comes first.

pm
Old 06-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #147
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning Beachers!!

My Meatless Monday meal went very well...my husband pronounced it a keeper.

Eggplant stuffed with Herbed Ricotta Cheese Phase 1 recipe

This was the eggplant recipe and I really made it exactly as written, with the exception that I used fresh oregano from my garden and I cooked the eggplant about 5 minutes longer.

I served it with the Barefoot Contessa's marinara sauce, which is my go-to recipe. Easy and good.

Marinara Sauce Recipe : Ina Garten : Recipes : Food Network

And I just had some leftover for breakfast. Yum!

I'll post this in the SBD receipe section also.

Have a good day folks!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #148

Wiz, that sounds delicious. I'll save it for DD to make when she gets back home.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow that recipe really looks good! I get a marinara sauce from Trader Joe's that has no sugar added. That would be great to use for that. I will be trying this one real soon as I have some eggplant that needs to be eaten.

pm: I thought your little one was a Rattie. Ha. My youngest one has a face just like yours. He sticks to me like glue. I call him my observer. He has learned everything he knows by just watching my movements. We are close buddies. Our older one is more social and loves Dh and I both but is more dh's pal. We would be lost without our kids. HAHAHAHA!

Well, started out with a breakfast of cottage cheese with blueberries and flax meal. Really hit the spot. Still sipping on coffee and looks like it's salmon for our dinner.

Plan on enjoying our great weather today. Need to do a little shopping after walking the dogs. I've got Dh hooked on coconut milk for his coffee now. I love it and use it for anything needing milk.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #150
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Camille
WOE: South Beach Ph1
Start Date: Restarted April 22, 2013
Hello! I decided to join LCF after spending the last hour reading this thread - you seem like a really friendly group and I wanted to get in on the fun.

A few years ago my friend told me that being in your 30's was no different than being in your 20's except that one day you wake up and are suddenly 5kg heavier than the day before. I had that moment yesterday - I did South Beach last summer, lost my last 10 pounds, and kept almost all of it off for a year. And then yesterday (2 weeks after turning 33) I looked at the scale, and I'm almost back to where I started! It was all the motivation I needed to finally put my "return to phase 1" plan into action, after thinking about it for a month!

I'm only trying to lose a small amount of weight (10-15lbs) but I find that I need the Phase 1 plan to break me of my sugar and cracker cravings - although I refuse to give up my caffeinated coffee!

Rose1, I am very jealous of your fresh peaches! In my early 20's I developed an allergy to all fresh fruits with pits in the middle (peaches, apricots, cherries, even certain apples), and I still miss them so much! I can eat them once they've been baked, but its just not the same thing.

Last edited by Camille; 06-26-2012 at 12:19 PM..
Camille is offline   Reply With Quote