Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 02:38 AM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
What is the ratio of carbs to fat to protein in South Beach?
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2012, 03:43 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
Is it something like 40 fat - 35 carb - 25 protein? I cannot find it in the SB literature.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I'm sorry Mary, I can't answer your question. I'm sure there will be someone here who can help you.

Plan on having a nice day out. We are walking on our park trail which feels like you are in a little bit of wilderness with a lake where there are lots of wildlife. You have to be careful and not get in the way of the frisbee golfers but everyone is nice about it, lol.

Late night eating has vanished now. Of course it can show it's self at any time so I have to be on the ready to fight it when it does. So far so good though.

Rose, thinking about your trip to your Tractor Supply. Let us know if you found your jeans.

Good morning to everyone who pop in. Have a SB friendly day today!

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #64
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Back from the reunion...wow, did we have a good time! Although I will tell you that most of my college friends are absolute toothpicks. sigh. I will never, ever look like that. It's so nice that my husband and I graduated together, we don't have to worry about entertaining one another. He hangs with his posse, I hang with mine!!

Rose, really?? Tractor supply store, hmmmm. I want to hear about how this goes. I have a vision and it's not pretty.

Mary, If that is in the book, I don't remember it. I find it much easier to just follow the food lists, esp. when you are starting out on Ph 1 and 2. Don't over think it too much!!

FYI. Off to VA for the next 2 days on business, home a day, then back to Paris again on Saturday. I'm getting tired just thinking of it...

Later!

2014 Running Miles: 301
2014 Walking Miles: 278
2014 Biking Miles: 441
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #65
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
What is the ratio of carbs to fat to protein in South Beach?
Mary, we don't really track that kind of stuff. Just eat according to plan and it all works out.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Back from the reunion...wow, did we have a good time! Although I will tell you that most of my college friends are absolute toothpicks. sigh. I will never, ever look like that. It's so nice that my husband and I graduated together, we don't have to worry about entertaining one another. He hangs with his posse, I hang with mine!!

Rose, really?? Tractor supply store, hmmmm. I want to hear about how this goes. I have a vision and it's not pretty.

Mary, If that is in the book, I don't remember it. I find it much easier to just follow the food lists, esp. when you are starting out on Ph 1 and 2. Don't over think it too much!!

FYI. Off to VA for the next 2 days on business, home a day, then back to Paris again on Saturday. I'm getting tired just thinking of it...

Later!
Sharon and Wiz. Haven't been yet, although my BFF and I went to Goodwill two counties over and I found a pair of great probably capris that are ankle length on me and have some kind of trim around the bottom, I don't remember exactly what, but they are cute.

Actually Tractor Supply is a really cool store. It's either that or Ace Hardware. I'll let you know.

Wiz, do you ever go to Ireland? If you do, I'm stowing away in your luggage!

Eating is getting a bit better. I stocked up on ready to eat veggies and hummus, cottage cheese, yogurt and cheese, so I can just mindlessly grab a sack of something to take to work with me and not have to think about eating. I also do better if I eat at work before I head for home. One thing I thought about is eating meat again because it doesn't have any emotional links. I can swallow certain kinds of chicken salad without gagging if it is more like ground instead of chunks and I'm not actually chomping on a hunk of meat. Same with pork roast if it's shredded and not in chunks. But DD won't be around to cook it, so I might have to stick to tofu.

~*~*~Proud Knitter For~*~*~
The Ships Project- Supporting America's Troops
Deployed in the War on Terror-
One stitch at a time!
http://www.theshipsproject.com
]
Old 06-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I went to Ph 1.5 today and ate 1/4 of a cantaloupe. Tested my fasting blood sugar and it was 80 so felt I needed a little fruticose. Had no problem with keeping down the portions so think I'll keep it at 1.5 for now and see how it goes.

Rose the capris sound cute. They will be nice to wear now that summer is coming. Looks like a walk will be happening after dinner tonight. That will be fun. See ya all tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #68
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Rose, I've never been to Ireland! It's definitely on my bucket list...
Old 06-13-2012, 03:33 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: perrysmom
WOE: general lc
Start Date: 11/8/2012
Hi there,

I'm back after a long time away. In 2010, I lost 17 lbs. on a general LC diet, but my IBS gave me lots of trouble towards the end. Later I realized it was a combination of the stress of relocating to another state and too much fat in my diet. After getting settled and subsequently gaining weight (yikes!) I'm back to try the SBD.

If I can join you here, it'd be great. I have about 30 lbs. to lose. I'll be grocery shopping today for foods on the list.

Vivian

PS rose1, I knit for charity, too. I make socks for the Mittens for Akkol group and baby things for Stitches from the Heart. Recently I joined The Ships Projects, and have some caps lined up to knit for the winter. I love knitting, and the groups keep me busy.
perrysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrysmom View Post
Hi there,

I'm back after a long time away. In 2010, I lost 17 lbs. on a general LC diet, but my IBS gave me lots of trouble towards the end. Later I realized it was a combination of the stress of relocating to another state and too much fat in my diet. After getting settled and subsequently gaining weight (yikes!) I'm back to try the SBD.

If I can join you here, it'd be great. I have about 30 lbs. to lose. I'll be grocery shopping today for foods on the list.

Vivian

PS rose1, I knit for charity, too. I make socks for the Mittens for Akkol group and baby things for Stitches from the Heart. Recently I joined The Ships Projects, and have some caps lined up to knit for the winter. I love knitting, and the groups keep me busy.
Yahoo! Another knitter! It's my daughter who did the website; she did it when she was 14. Now that she is in college, she doesn't have time to knit much and I haven't done much for the last year, but I'm picking up the pace now. How many totes of yarn do you have?
Old 06-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Yahoo! Another knitter! It's my daughter who did the website; she did it when she was 14. Now that she is in college, she doesn't have time to knit much and I haven't done much for the last year, but I'm picking up the pace now. How many totes of yarn do you have?
OMG, you're asking about my stash! I'm so used to hiding yarn from my dh that it freaked me out a little when I read that, lol. Well, I'm not exactly sure, but have at least one for each of acrylic, baby, worsted wool, sock yarn, and dk & misc. The rest is stuffed away in a closet where no one but me can find it, mwahaha.

I saw that you mentioned TSC in another post. We have one here in town, and I love it. They have a lot of cool stuff.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #72

Quote:
OMG, you're asking about my stash! I'm so used to hiding yarn from my dh that it freaked me out a little when I read that, lol. Well, I'm not exactly sure, but have at least one for each of acrylic, baby, worsted wool, sock yarn, and dk & misc. The rest is stuffed away in a closet where no one but me can find it, mwahaha.

I saw that you mentioned TSC in another post. We have one here in town, and I love it. They have a lot of cool stuff.
I never had to hide my stash, although there was mention of having to add on a room to house it all.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm getting here late today. It's been a nice on SB day. I was going to do another ph1.5 day but instead I woke up with a craving for french toast, so I fixed myself some french toast with eggplant instead of bread slice and had that with sugar free Joseph's maple syrup. Having that kept me ph 1.

We went for our usual walk at our lake park which made the dogs happy. Then did a little shopping before coming home.

Hope the scale decides to move tomorrow. Not really going to change this now so if it doesn't I'm good with that too. Love this way of eating and I don't have any feelings of doing a turn around now.

Time for bed so see you tomorrow

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 06-13-2012 at 09:41 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #74

Sharon, I never in a million years would have thought of using eggplant. I bet it was delicious.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just like the real thing after peeling and slicing, sprinkle a little salt on each slice and poke with a fork before putting into egg mixture of vanilla and a light shake of cinnamon. I like it better than bread, LOL.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #76

Puts eggplant on the grocery list.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Let me know how you like it
Old 06-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #78
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heather55
Hi! I am new to South Beach. I have done Atkins in the past with sucess, and have been doing Atkins Induction since April. It is time for a change as I can not continue to do Atkins. The food options have gotten to the point that I do not even want to eat anymore because the thought of eating the same things over and over is turning me off. I need a healthy way of eating that is not not a diet but a new way of life style. I posted a menu that Rose gave me some advice on (THANK YOU ROSE)! After reading the stickies and doing some reading on the internet (I am going to get the South Beach book this weekend) I have a couple new menus I could use some feedback on

B 2 eggs and asparagus
S No fat light activia yogurt
L grilled chicken salad with cucumber, mushrooms, cheese, and bacon
S a cup of fruit salad (berries, melon, grapes)
D porkchop,green beans, no fat cottage cheese

B 2 eggs no fat light activia yogurt
S celery with peanut butter or low or no fat cream cheese
L grilled chicken salad with cucumber,mushrooms,cheese,and bacon
s no fat cottage cheese and cherry tomotoes
D turkey burger no bun, fruit salad (berries,melon,grapes)

I really think that South Beach will give me a lot more food options, and I really miss fruit and yogurt. I really think that this is a life style of eating that I can do! Thank you for your help!!!

Last edited by heather55; 06-14-2012 at 04:16 PM..
heather55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather55 View Post
Hi! I am new to South Beach. I have done Atkins in the past with sucess, and have been doing Atkins Induction since April. It is time for a change as I can not continue to do Atkins. The food options have gotten to the point that I do not even want to eat anymore because the thought of eating the same things over and over is turning me off. I need a healthy way of eating that is not not a diet but a new way of life style. I posted a menu that Rose gave me some advice on (THANK YOU ROSE)! After reading the stickies and doing some reading on the internet (I am going to get the South Beach book this weekend) I have a couple new menus I could use some feedback on

B 2 eggs and asparagus
S No fat light activia yogurt
L grilled chicken salad with cucumber, mushrooms, cheese, and bacon
S a cup of fruit salad (berries, melon, grapes)
D porkchop,green beans, no fat cottage cheese

B 2 eggs no fat light activia yogurt
S celery with peanut butter or low or no fat cream cheese
L grilled chicken salad with cucumber,mushrooms,cheese,and bacon
s no fat cottage cheese and cherry tomotoes
D turkey burger no bun, fruit salad (berries,melon,grapes)

I really think that South Beach will give me a lot more food options, and I really miss fruit and yogurt. I really think that this is a life style of eating that I can do! Thank you for your help!!!
Much better, but we need a few tweaks. That bacon is turkey bacon, right? I haven't looked at that kind of yogurt for quite a while, but I think it has fructose or sugar. You need to make sure that your yogurt is sugar free. Fruit salad by itself is going to spike your blood sugar, so add some protein like a string cheese or some cottage cheese or even yogurt. I know you are missing fruit, but I would keep the servings to around a half cup for now. Is that plain fruit or do you put some kind of dressing on it? You need to aim for 4-5 cups of vegetables per day.

I love cottage cheese and tomatoes. That's what I had for lunch today on a bed of romaine and some sunflower seeds on top.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:36 AM   #80
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heather55
Thank you Rose! The bacon is turkey bacon. I checked the yogurt and it has sugar. I will get some sugar free yogurt. I am going to try and focus more on vegetables then fruit for now. I have a lot of vegetable options so maybe that will help me get over the fruit. Thank you so much for all of your help.
heather55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:21 AM   #81
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Just like the real thing after peeling and slicing, sprinkle a little salt on each slice and poke with a fork before putting into egg mixture of vanilla and a light shake of cinnamon. I like it better than bread, LOL.
Sharon, What an interesting idea!! Thanks for sharing.

Welcome Heather!! Rose has given you good advice already. By the way, I prefer the low fat rather than fat free versions of foods. They are allowable on SBD and I think a bit of fat adds a lot more flavor. And to be honest, the fat free versions seems to have a lot of weird ingredients in them. Hey, if I can't pronounce it - I don't want to eat it!!

Well, gang, I've unpacked from my business trip to VA, and am doing my laundry and repacking for my business trip to Paris tomorrow. It's never-ending, is it??

Hope you all have a great weekend!!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

I'm doing well on my 4th day, just have a question. I like most veggies, but can you give me suggestions for breakfast? I'm not a big breakfast eater, and have been making eggs or having a little cottage cheese. Thanks!

I really like this plan.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #83
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm doing well on my 4th day, just have a question. I like most veggies, but can you give me suggestions for breakfast? I'm not a big breakfast eater, and have been making eggs or having a little cottage cheese. Thanks!

I really like this plan.
I do get "egged" out sometimes! Hey you can really eat any OP food for breakfast, I often eat leftovers (like a half stuffed pepper or a piece of turky meatloaf.) But I find the easiest thing for me to do is make a "quiche" and eat slices of it throughout the week.

Here's how I do mine: in a pie plate, place a layer of RF (reduced fat) grated cheese - maybe about 3 oz. Then top with your favorite chopped veggies: I like roasted red pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, leftover cooked zucchini, and then I top with a box of thawed, chopped spinach. Finally I use 6 beaten eggs, with seasoning (I particularly like thyme - either fresh or dried.) Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. I usually heat mine up in the microwave and have some salsa with it.

Good luck!
Old 06-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I do get "egged" out sometimes! Hey you can really eat any OP food for breakfast, I often eat leftovers (like a half stuffed pepper or a piece of turky meatloaf.) But I find the easiest thing for me to do is make a "quiche" and eat slices of it throughout the week.

Here's how I do mine: in a pie plate, place a layer of RF (reduced fat) grated cheese - maybe about 3 oz. Then top with your favorite chopped veggies: I like roasted red pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, leftover cooked zucchini, and then I top with a box of thawed, chopped spinach. Finally I use 6 beaten eggs, with seasoning (I particularly like thyme - either fresh or dried.) Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. I usually heat mine up in the microwave and have some salsa with it.

Good luck!
This sounds like a delicious breakfast, thanks so much! I'm still trying to figure out the best recipes, and anything that has several servings is great. I love quiche and hadn't thought of it.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #85

Quote:
Sharon, What an interesting idea!! Thanks for sharing.

Welcome Heather!! Rose has given you good advice already. By the way, I prefer the low fat rather than fat free versions of foods. They are allowable on SBD and I think a bit of fat adds a lot more flavor. And to be honest, the fat free versions seems to have a lot of weird ingredients in them. Hey, if I can't pronounce it - I don't want to eat it!!

Well, gang, I've unpacked from my business trip to VA, and am doing my laundry and repacking for my business trip to Paris tomorrow. It's never-ending, is it??

Hope you all have a great weekend!!
Sigh. A trip to Paris. I need to win the lottery!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:14 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBelly
Stats: 239/219/195
WOE: deb's low glycemic carb based on Atkins & S Beach
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Howsit Going?

Hello Buds!
Day 11 of Phase 1 down 12lbs! I hope you guys are doing as well.
TheBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My day start out was a good one. Had a phase 1 brekkie and now thinking about making some risotto with cauli-rice for tonight.

The Belly: that's wonderful and you have a day left before ph2. I bet your ready for some fruit or grains.

This plan is just perfect for my woe.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBelly
Stats: 239/219/195
WOE: deb's low glycemic carb based on Atkins & S Beach
Start Date: 5/13/2013
oooh may i have some fruit pluzeeeeee

Quote:
My day start out was a good one. Had a phase 1 brekkie and now thinking about making some risotto with cauli-rice for tonight.

The Belly: that's wonderful and you have a day left before ph2. I bet your ready for some fruit or grains.

This plan is just perfect for my woe.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Oh yes ma'am bring on the friut. Just a couple strawberries or berries would be beddie beddie nice

WTG regarding your day. That's good.
TheBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Put your berries with a 1/2 cup of ricotta. Wow that's a yummy dessert!
Old 06-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #90

Quote:
Put your berries with a 1/2 cup of ricotta. Wow that's a yummy dessert!
Mix up a tub of ricotta with a couple of well beaten eggs, a splash of lemon juice, (you could add some splenda, but I like it fine without,) then bake until it's hot all the way through. Cool. Then take a serving and put some mashed up strawberries on top. THEN put a plop of drained yogurt on top of that, it's sorta like sour cream and dig in!