Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I have to go to the petite sizes to get the right length for me when I look for jeans and nice slacks.
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Petite is what I meant when I said short. What brands work for you? My shopping choices are very limited unless I travel for over an hour to get to stores. If I could find ONE pair that I liked, I could order some more, maybe.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:16 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
The ny and company petites fit me perfectly as do the loft petites. I am only a petite in pants due to the length.
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #34
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Kind of funny, because at 5'5" I do wear a lot of petite sized tops. I am short-waisted and so many tops are far too long on me, both sleeves and the hem line.

By the way, Rose, I also like the Loft jeans. I wear the regular sized version, and they aren't too crazy in length. But, the Loft has many different styles of jeans and pants. You would definitely need to go to a store to try on the various types they have the first time - but then you can order through the mail. Have you thought about trying petite skinny leg jeans? The skinny leg jeans are great with flats or flip flops, they are much shorter than a boot cut jean. And listen, if my big butt can be wedged into "skinny" leg jeans, anyone's can!!

FYI. Starting to stress over this college reunion. I know I will have fun when I get there, but it's the buildup that gets to me.

2014 Running Miles: 244
2014 Walking Miles: 258
2014 Biking Miles: 396
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Rose- Give me some meat free SBD meals if you can. I'm getting really tired of meat again! Oh, and no tofu! YUK!!!! I do not like Tofu! I had yogurt and blueberries this morning(I know I had no vegies). I can't mix vegies in with that though.

Michele
Old 06-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bgbb5972
Stats: 189/188/155
Start Date: June 2011
Heyhey from the Mitten State!!! Hope you don't mind me dropping by. I'm new to South Beach after taking a sebatical from Atkins. Anyone tried both? Pros? Cons? I did ok on Atkins, but after several months found I struggled. My friend and I thought we'd give SB a try. Thanks so much for any advice you can give!!
bgbb5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbb5972 View Post
Heyhey from the Mitten State!!! Hope you don't mind me dropping by. I'm new to South Beach after taking a sebatical from Atkins. Anyone tried both? Pros? Cons? I did ok on Atkins, but after several months found I struggled. My friend and I thought we'd give SB a try. Thanks so much for any advice you can give!!
Hello! I lost weight on Atkins and I have to say it did come off faster than with South Beach. I had to think less too. However, I had trouble sticking to it and I did not feel like I was eating very healthy.

Welcome! I wish you much luck in finding what works best for you!

Michele
Old 06-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Still chugging along. We got the dogs out for a light walk at a park this morning and eating is right on. Day 4 is done looking forward to day 5. Tomorrow is our eating lunch out with dh brother and wife. I have great cooperation with the waitress and all eating is good. Planning for a haircut after. I look pretty shaggy.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #39
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Reunion!! Totally stressing over outfits. Want to look my best....I'll check in after the weekend, wish me well
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Reunion!! Totally stressing over outfits. Want to look my best....I'll check in after the weekend, wish me well
Have an awesome time! I'm sure you will look amazing!!! Enjoy!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Kind of funny, because at 5'5" I do wear a lot of petite sized tops. I am short-waisted and so many tops are far too long on me, both sleeves and the hem line.

By the way, Rose, I also like the Loft jeans. I wear the regular sized version, and they aren't too crazy in length. But, the Loft has many different styles of jeans and pants. You would definitely need to go to a store to try on the various types they have the first time - but then you can order through the mail. Have you thought about trying petite skinny leg jeans? The skinny leg jeans are great with flats or flip flops, they are much shorter than a boot cut jean. And listen, if my big butt can be wedged into "skinny" leg jeans, anyone's can!!

FYI. Starting to stress over this college reunion. I know I will have fun when I get there, but it's the buildup that gets to me.
Nearest Loft-106 miles away. I'm doomed. I should look at the Co-op or the hardware store which put in a line of women's Carhartts. I look really stupid in skinny legs.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When I can fit into them I wear Wranglers straight leg jeans and slacks. We have a Farm Supply here where my Dh and I buy them. I'm not sure if you would have anything like that were you are. I'm in California and they are all around our area.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by michele777 View Post
Rose- Give me some meat free SBD meals if you can. I'm getting really tired of meat again! Oh, and no tofu! YUK!!!! I do not like Tofu! I had yogurt and blueberries this morning(I know I had no vegies). I can't mix vegies in with that though.

Michele
Hmmmn.
DD makes taco salad with beans, either black or mayacoba, seasoned well, on a bed of chopped romaine or mixed greens, grated cheese, salsa, sour cream, avocado, tomatoes, etc.
Another good salad is a handful of green stuff with feta, pine nuts, cucumber, tomato, olives, artichoke hearts, fava beans.
Green stuff with sliced beets, chopped egg and grated white cheddar.
Persian eggs and paneer. The recipe is posted somewhere here. There are lots of egg and paneer recipes on google.
Crack slaw made with tofu. I know you don't like tofu, but if you freeze it, then thaw it, it crumbles into little pieces which you then brown like ground beef and has a different texture. You can use this in spaghetti sauce and people just don't know the difference.
Curried veggies on a little brown rice.
Spaghetti squash tossed with garlic olive oil and shaved parmesan and pine nuts.
A big tomato stuffed with egg salad.
Ricotta pie.
Quiches.
Vegetarian fajitas.
Black bean burgers. Make your own; they are SO much better than the frozen ones.

~*~*~Proud Knitter For~*~*~
The Ships Project- Supporting America's Troops
Deployed in the War on Terror-
One stitch at a time!
http://www.theshipsproject.com
]
Old 06-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
When I can fit into them I wear Wranglers straight leg jeans and slacks. We have a Farm Supply here where my Dh and I buy them. I'm not sure if you would have anything like that were you are. I'm in California and they are all around our area.
Tractor Supply!!! Next county over! Going over there next week!
Old 06-08-2012, 04:36 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Rose!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by michele777 View Post
Thanks Rose!
Does any of it sound good?
Old 06-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
Hello everyone! I am breastfeeding my 11 wek old twins exclusively and started phase 2 today. I ate 3 fruits today but no grains. I love my fruit too much but don't care for the grains so I'll wait to ad those back in. Does anyone have any suggestions for breastfeeding and sbd?
icandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Does any of it sound good?
It all sounds great! Minus the tofu!!! Thank you Rose!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
Hello everyone! I am breastfeeding my 11 wek old twins exclusively and started phase 2 today. I ate 3 fruits today but no grains. I love my fruit too much but don't care for the grains so I'll wait to ad those back in. Does anyone have any suggestions for breastfeeding and sbd?
Hi icandoit, South Beach should be ok. It's a very healthy way to eat.

Rose, I hope you find what you need at your Tractor Supply.

Still no after bedtime eating. That's one bad habit that is hard to break! As they say just one night at a time
Old 06-09-2012, 06:58 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Rose, do you have any ideas for how to structure this if you are vegan. My DD is vegan and recently started South Beach. I want to have the right stuff in the house when she visits.
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBelly
Stats: 239/219/195
WOE: deb's low glycemic carb based on Atkins & S Beach
Start Date: 5/13/2013
Hey Rose1

thanks for pointing me here.
TheBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

check out St John's Bay slacks. "petites" in sizes. The shorts length are perfect for me and stretch to fit you without being obvious. I tried one pair. Then ordered about 5 in different colors for work. Also will for casual affairs. (JC Penneys)

Old Navy short lengths are not bad either. But they don't stock too many in the W sizes. Soon as they come they are out of stock.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Ditto.

South Beach, I am finding is a better choice for me. Phase 1 week1 - 8 lbs went away somewhere.where i don't know but be gone and stay gone!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

try the loft online.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
Follow the plan by the book and you will be fine. Don't let your calories drop and don't focus on losing weight. That will come. Focus on healthy mom and babies. Could you post a couple of days of menus just so we can take a look?
Old 06-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBelly View Post
check out St John's Bay slacks. "petites" in sizes. The shorts length are perfect for me and stretch to fit you without being obvious. I tried one pair. Then ordered about 5 in different colors for work. Also will for casual affairs. (JC Penneys)

Old Navy short lengths are not bad either. But they don't stock too many in the W sizes. Soon as they come they are out of stock.
How tall are you? The problem is anything over 5' is tall in my world, so I have to cut off inches and inches and that usually messes up the line. There are no stores here, so I have to make a trip to go shopping and online shopping is hit and miss (mostly miss) because you never know how anything is going to fit.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Rose, do you have any ideas for how to structure this if you are vegan. My DD is vegan and recently started South Beach. I want to have the right stuff in the house when she visits.
Wow. Did she start SB for health reasons or for weight loss? Vegan SB is tough because you are getting all your protein from carby sources. In my opinion, you can't really, truly do it healthfully and get all your necessary nutrients in because of the quantities of foods you would need to eat to get in your grams of protein, for example. However, let's look at what she could eat. I am assuming that she eats no animal products at all; no meat, eggs, cheese, yogurt, milk.

Tofu, of course.
Seitan
Tempeh
Soy milk and soy cheese
Meat analogs, just read the ingredients carefully. Most of these products have so many chemicals, it's scary, so I wouldn't eat them too often.
All SB vegetables. Some vegetables are surprisingly high in protein when combined with other sources.
I would include sea vegetables like kelp, nori, arame, hijiki, dulse for their mineral content and B vitamins.
Beans, including hummus
Nuts and seeds. Quinoa, which is a seed, not a grain, is a good source of seed protein.
Whole grains.

I would supplement with a vegan protein powder that contains rice, pea and hemp proteins. Hopefully she is making wise choices and not just "not eating animal products." Let us know how it goes.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
She's been vegan for at least four years and managed to put on 30-40 lbs. I never saw her eating many vegetables. One day she got sick and tired of the way she felt and the weight she gained. So I gave her my copy of SB. The main thing she got out of it was to eat vegetables. So she started with the first two week part a few weeks ago and I haven't seen her since but she is feeling a lot better. She does eat some beans, tofu, nuts, sea vegetables and I am sure she will add grain eventually. She has had tabbouleh which has couscous in it. But what I love is that she is eating vegetables. But she would get in trouble with pasta, rice, bread and any grainy type carb and dressing. Where I might have two tablespoons of dressing on my salad, she would use half a bottle of goddess dressing on her noodle and veggie dish. She didn't eat breakfast but when she started eating later in the day it just didn't stop. SB gave her the notion of 3 meals and 2 snacks. Some structure. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it works for her.

Last edited by MaryMary; 06-09-2012 at 02:38 PM..
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

5'2
I got 2 inches over you Yes that is a pain having to shopping around especially for you. I can relate to not finding lengths to fit.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How's everyone doing? I'm still going down on the scale and tonight I had some dk chocolate for an after dinner treat. We had a couple of walks today as our coffee pot stopped working and we decided to walk to our Target in our neighborhood to get another one. We had a nice walk at our lake park earlier.

I'll be finished with the first phase on Saturday. I've had an easy time with no eating after bed. I have the right mind set now. Have to keep that one going strong each day.

Stay strong and keep it one day at a time. G'nite

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 06-11-2012 at 08:34 PM..