Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
April- Summer is coming!

Summer is coming! Are you bathing suit ready?
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
How did you find a picture of where I live Rose? lol Pretty!!!
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:59 PM   #3

I tracked your IP address down through your posts (special spyware), then got out my GPS and found your house, then waited offshore in my mini submarine until I was sure you were away from home, attached my super spy camera to a weather balloon and sent it up and snapped a few pictures. Simple!
Old 03-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2005
omg rose...you are crazy! LOL
ok, tomorrow is the day. New month, new week...and fools day no less. Ive gone shopping and Im ready. Here is to fresh starts!
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
I tracked your IP address down through your posts (special spyware), then got out my GPS and found your house, then waited offshore in my mini submarine until I was sure you were away from home, attached my super spy camera to a weather balloon and sent it up and snapped a few pictures. Simple!
Hahahaha
Old 04-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lharris0702
Stats: 114/114/109
WOE: WW SFT
Start Date: restarted 2-14-14
Good Morning Everyone! I just finished my run and feel great. I love this website and it is so much better than SB on line and free. I have learned so much from all of you.

I found the beanito chips and bought some. Has anyone tried them?
lharris0702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharris0702 View Post
Good Morning Everyone! I just finished my run and feel great. I love this website and it is so much better than SB on line and free. I have learned so much from all of you.

I found the beanito chips and bought some. Has anyone tried them?
There is not a store anywhere near us that sells them. I'd love to try them. What kind did you get? Are they horribly salty?
Old 04-02-2012, 03:50 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: buckhuntress
Start Date: 1/2005
Started phase one yesterday. Same menu yesterday and today:

B mushroom and cheese crustless quiche, v8
S 4oz OP yogurt
L green salad with tomato, turkey, ham, rf swiss, and rf ranch dressing
S celery sticks, cheese stick
D parmesean crusted chicken tenderloin, green beans, sliced tomato
lots of water with lemon
buckhuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:21 AM   #10
Queen Bargain Shopper

Happy First Monday in April!
Hope everyone has a great month.....Easter on the horizon.
What is everyone doing/having?
Old 04-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #11
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Good morning!

Well, March really didn't go so well for me. I didn't go up, but didn't go down on the scale either. I really want to drop this extra 5 to 6 lbs I've been lugging around. I got rid of the 2011 holiday weight, I think this is still the 2010 excess I'm carrying!!

So here's to April being the month to jumpstart things and get all ready for summer!!

I've got my 30th (gasp! Yes, I am old ) college reunion in June, and darn it, I want to look good.

Rose, I do love that photo of Michele's house. LOL. Great way to kick off April.

Cindy, we are heading to PA for Easter. My SiL is hosting. We'll be driving a car load of people...the 2 of us, my MiL, and 2 nieces. She is having a brunch/lunch type of menu, including a ham. I can always do ham and a salad if nothing else is OP.

How's everyone else doing? Buckhuntress, nice to see you back here on a regular basis!!

2014 Running Miles: 362
2014 Walking Miles: 279
2014 Biking Miles: 513
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I'm up around seven(yes I said seven) pounds from my lowest I have been in awhile. Started again today phase one plus Calorie counting and I'm limiting cheese, and sodium and not adding grains back in ever and not sure about beans yet.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:35 AM   #13
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love being home...so easy to stay on plan and exercise!!

Had a great day of eating...as usual, I do a Phase 1 Monday almost every week. It gets me re-focused after the weekend.

Made one of our favorite dinners: Stuffed Red Peppers. After pre-roasting the peppers at 400 degrees until slighly blackened and soft, I stuff with a mixture of sauteed low fat (3 grams) chicken sausage, mushrooms, spinach, sun dried tomatoes and mozz cheese. Heat at 350 until the cheese melts (about 15 mins.)

The beauty of this "receipe" is you can use any mixture you want! Omit the chicken for a veggie version. Skip the mushrooms and substitute onion and garlic. Or go for a mexi-style pepper with chopped green chilis, fresh lime juice, fresh cilantro, salsa mixed with ground turkey.

OK, who is with me for another good day of eating???
Old 04-04-2012, 06:18 AM   #14
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hellooooo....anybody out there??

Another good day of eating for me. I made home-made crab cakes and they were excellent, if I do say so myself. I LOVE being home all week and cooking. My husband keeps saying, wow, the fridge is stocked! Poor guy, I think I leave him on his own too much.

7th day in a row of exercise, today was a 5-mile run.

OK, folks, don't leave me hanging here on my own....let's hear from you all.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #15

Wiz and everyone else. ((crickets))

Nothing new to report here. I think I need to start posting menus again because I'm still not eating. I think that will help me to eat if I have to write something down.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: A&Amomma
I'm still here...just been busy. My brother and his wife had their twin girls last week, then my SIL daughter was in the hospital (she's 4) and she started to have seizure's. Not sure what's going on with her...she's still in the hospital.

I have been eating well (at least 95% of the time) and I'm still stuck at my 10lb loss! It's just taking sooooo long for this weight to come off. I'm wondering if I should get my thyroid checked...maybe need an adjustment in my meds.

I'm trying to set mini goals for myself, but it's getting frustrating because I'm not meeting them
A&Amomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&Amomma View Post
I'm still here...just been busy. My brother and his wife had their twin girls last week, then my SIL daughter was in the hospital (she's 4) and she started to have seizure's. Not sure what's going on with her...she's still in the hospital.

I have been eating well (at least 95% of the time) and I'm still stuck at my 10lb loss! It's just taking sooooo long for this weight to come off. I'm wondering if I should get my thyroid checked...maybe need an adjustment in my meds.

I'm trying to set mini goals for myself, but it's getting frustrating because I'm not meeting them
You might need an adjustment in your meds, wouldn't hurt to check. In the meantime, quit making weightloss goals and make it a goal to eat well 99% of the time if not 100%. That's a goal you CAN meet. You might ramp up your exercise, sometimes that's what it takes. Lots of things can be happening behind the scenes that don't reflect on the scale--in the meantime ounces of fat are being lost and that's what you really want, to have less body fat.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #18
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wiz and everyone else. ((crickets))

Nothing new to report here. I think I need to start posting menus again because I'm still not eating. I think that will help me to eat if I have to write something down.
ROSE!! Mangia! Mangia!! You need to be eating, my friend. Don't you make me fly down to TN and give you a talking to You don't want to deal with me!!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
ROSE!! Mangia! Mangia!! You need to be eating, my friend. Don't you make me fly down to TN and give you a talking to You don't want to deal with me!!
Woot. Meet up with Wiz in TN.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #20
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Woot. Meet up with Wiz in TN.
Ha! Be careful what you wish for!!
Old 04-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Ha! Be careful what you wish for!!

Ok. Eat. Eat. I ate yogurt and pureed peaches and chopped pecans for lunch. I need to use up the peaches in the freezer before the new crop comes in.

I've been thinking about this.
1. I don't like to cook. I haven't cooked in years and years.
2. Nothing sounds good. Except grits and butter.
3. All the foods we used to eat are associated with my husband. I'll never be able to eat another BLT as long as I live. Or ricotta pancakes, etc.
4. I need to come up with things that I can eat mindlessly and are so nondescript that I can just grab something and shove it down. Like boiled eggs have no particular association. String cheese, cottage cheese.

Henry Cat stopped eating and I had to coax and tempt him back into eating. I guess I should take a lesson from that.

Celery and cheese spread and V-8 for this afternoon.

When are you coming down?

~*~*~Proud Knitter For~*~*~
The Ships Project- Supporting America's Troops
Deployed in the War on Terror-
One stitch at a time!
http://www.theshipsproject.com
]

Last edited by rose1; 04-05-2012 at 02:15 PM..
Old 04-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Rose- Eat your food! You need to eat! Just snack all day!
Old 04-06-2012, 05:40 AM   #23
Queen Bargain Shopper

I agree with Michele, Rose.
Grazing is better than not eating!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:44 AM   #24
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Ok. Eat. Eat. I ate yogurt and pureed peaches and chopped pecans for lunch. I need to use up the peaches in the freezer before the new crop comes in.

I've been thinking about this.
1. I don't like to cook. I haven't cooked in years and years.
2. Nothing sounds good. Except grits and butter.
3. All the foods we used to eat are associated with my husband. I'll never be able to eat another BLT as long as I live. Or ricotta pancakes, etc.
4. I need to come up with things that I can eat mindlessly and are so nondescript that I can just grab something and shove it down. Like boiled eggs have no particular association. String cheese, cottage cheese.

Henry Cat stopped eating and I had to coax and tempt him back into eating. I guess I should take a lesson from that.

Celery and cheese spread and V-8 for this afternoon.

When are you coming down?
With that menu??? Ugh

In all seriousness, I guess I need to give you the same advice you often give to others who don't like to cook, but need to eat on plan ...

How about whipping up a big pot of vegetable soup on your day off that you can graze from for a few days? Make sure it has some beans in it for protein. Heck, buy the vegies pre-cut and the beans from the can, you don't have to do this the hard way!

Throw some things in a crockpot.

Make sure you keep salad fixings in the fridge.

I can't begin to understand the pain you have been going through during the last few months. But I do know that you need to eat and stay strong for your daughter!!

FYI. I've been going crazy with my MiL because she hasn't been eating much and she's wearing away to nothing. I keep showing up with lots of food (I tend to make extra of whatever we are having, and bring her portions of it. One of this week's "specialties" was a tomato dill soup that she loved...)

I really do wish I lived around the corner, because I'd be bringing you stuff too!!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Anyone ever make anything with coconut milk? Is it ok on SBD and is it good? I have a smoothis recipe using it as a base.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by michele777 View Post
Anyone ever make anything with coconut milk? Is it ok on SBD and is it good? I have a smoothis recipe using it as a base.
Light coconut milk is ok.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Happy Easter!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: agentventi
WOE: Paleo
Hi everyone
I did SB about 7 years ago with great results, lost 30lbs. Had a baby, gained 80lbs, lost 50 of that pretty quickly (lots of water lbs!) then back to SB to drop the last 30. Still wanting to lose 10 lbs, so here I am. I am only 5 feet tall so 10lbs will make a noticiable difference.
I already eat pretty low carb but hoping a good P1 will kick my body into fat burning again. SO sick of feeling fluffy all the time!
I eat pretty clean and limited dairy. I also do strength training/interval cardio 5x's a week so I am hoping I do not feel too crazy on P1!!
I just want to feel okay in a bathingsuit this summer!
agentventi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:12 AM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lharris0702
Stats: 114/114/109
WOE: WW SFT
Start Date: restarted 2-14-14
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Easter Monday! Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter Sunday. My husband and I went to Myrtle Beach for the weekend and had a great time. I ran every morning on the beach. We decided to rent a boat and fish in the inlet and for some reason we thought we were going to catch our Sunday Dinner for the boys and us. well wrong, we did not catch one thing. We were out their fishing from 9-3. Oh well.

Rose - the beanito chips were supprisingly good. I made them like nacho's with ff cheese and salsa and it really was good. I bought them at The Fresh Market as that is the only place in Charlotte that sells them.

Well hope everyone enjoys their day.
lharris0702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:13 AM   #30
Queen Bargain Shopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentventi View Post
Hi everyone
I did SB about 7 years ago with great results, lost 30lbs. Had a baby, gained 80lbs, lost 50 of that pretty quickly (lots of water lbs!) then back to SB to drop the last 30. Still wanting to lose 10 lbs, so here I am. I am only 5 feet tall so 10lbs will make a noticiable difference.
I already eat pretty low carb but hoping a good P1 will kick my body into fat burning again. SO sick of feeling fluffy all the time!
I eat pretty clean and limited dairy. I also do strength training/interval cardio 5x's a week so I am hoping I do not feel too crazy on P1!!
I just want to feel okay in a bathingsuit this summer!
Welcome!
And you have a partner here - I am short too, and SO know what you mean about 10 lbs!! Even 5 for us makes a huge difference!!! I work out 5 days a week as well, some strength, and cardio.....

I am back to it today too - never gave the menu a second thought yesterday as DD and I shared it, but it was a carb fest!