Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > South Beach Diet
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #121
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by michele777 View Post
I'm glad you are back on track Berta!
Thanks Michele
One day at a time!
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jlieb62
Rose I had not heard of your husband's death before this and I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm sure that your husband would want you to eat and stay healthy so please take good care of yourself. I'm not a religious guy but you are in my thoughts and I am sending lots of positive energy and support your way. Sincerely, your friend, Jim.

Last edited by jlieb62; 10-26-2011 at 12:03 PM..
jlieb62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:38 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedOne
Stats: 286/217/150
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: September 2011
I heard about that as I am not all that far from you.. Im in Saginaw just S of Fort Worth.. havoc for the traffic.
WickedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Is there auch a thing as not losing anything on phase II of SB?

I have been on SB phase 2 for over a week now and I haven't lost even a 1/2 lb. can that be? Can it be portions? I am eating a lot of Chicken and veggies, I mean I eat till Im stuffed, but have only added back 1 carb a day as in a little brown rice if the recipe calls for it or whole wheat pasta.. and no fruit. What is happening?? Anyone else come to a screeching halt in Phase 2 and what can I try?
Old 10-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #125
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedOne View Post
I have been on SB phase 2 for over a week now and I haven't lost even a 1/2 lb. can that be? Can it be portions? I am eating a lot of Chicken and veggies, I mean I eat till Im stuffed, but have only added back 1 carb a day as in a little brown rice if the recipe calls for it or whole wheat pasta.. and no fruit. What is happening?? Anyone else come to a screeching halt in Phase 2 and what can I try?
SB PH2 You are suppose to eat normal portions like 1/2c rice etc. Not until you are stuffed.You don't count calories....BUT calories count.
Follow the portion sizes in the book.Hope this helps.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #126
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Good morning!

Just finished up a soggy 4-mile run...of course, it started pouring at the very moment I was farthest from my house.

I've been testing out some soup and stew recipes this week. So far, every one has been a keeper. Today's dinner? I've got a (non-traditional) beef stew going. I used a lean bottom round roast, cut into bite-sized pieces. The veggies include onion, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms. Not a carrot or potato to be seen! I used red wine, water, and tomato paste for the broth - with a dollop of anchovy paste and thyme. I'm going for a Provencal style stew.

Wicked, you may want to post your menus here (including portion size) and we can take a look at them. I'll be honest, when I started Phase 2, I did not add in things like rice or pasta. I added some berries and carrots, plus a glass of wine here and there. I really did not add grains in until later in my weight loss process. I don't have any gluten issues, but I do have to watch my grain intake. For example, I eat about 3 to 4 grain servings a week. I tend to eat higher carb vegetables like winter squash, beans, sweet potatoes instead. I do eat fruit just about every day.

Hope everyone has a great South Beach day!!

2014 Running Miles: 394
2014 Walking Miles: 313
2014 Biking Miles: 513
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michele777
WOE: South Beach/CC
Does this menu look ok?

b- 1/2 kashi vegie pizza, 4-8
l-7 triscuits,1 tbsp mayo, 3 slices reduced fat cheese
d- large salad w vinegar and evoo

water, seltzer, coffee, diet hot chocolate w 2 tbsp sf whip cream
michele777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #128
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: rose1
WOE: Vegetarian SB
Start Date: June, 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Rose
I am still praying for you.I just lost my mom this past Friday.I was holding her hand and she went home to be with Jesus.
But I am sure it isn't like losing a husband. Please know time will help.Again take care of yourself.... your DH would want that
Quote:
Rose- It will take time. Time will ease your pain, but not your memories. Those live on forever. Make sure you take care of you though!

Michele
Berta, I am so very, very sorry for your loss. How sweet that you were there to hold her hand.

and Michelle, thank you both.
rose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlieb62 View Post
Rose I had not heard of your husband's death before this and I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm sure that your husband would want you to eat and stay healthy so please take good care of yourself. I'm not a religious guy but you are in my thoughts and I am sending lots of positive energy and support your way. Sincerely, your friend, Jim.
Thank you for caring, Jim.

Now folks, about the not eating. I will get a handle on it. Right now everything tastes like sawdust. I have to force down a bite or two and then I can't swallow another bite. All I want for some reason is ice cream, but of course that is not an option. I have no interest in cooking and no interest in eating, but that is not an option either. I am going to have a talk with myself!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:19 PM   #130
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Berta, I am so very, very sorry for your loss. How sweet that you were there to hold her hand.

and Michelle, thank you both.
Thank You Rose
It's ok. Really.I miss mom but to watch her die a bit every day was heartbreaking she wasn't herself.Dementia robs a person of who they are and they become someone else.I wouldn't bring her back because I know she is with Jesus and whole again!And she lived to be 93 so that is a long time.

Rose it is normal for you not to want to eat and to be blue. There is a time of bereavement(mourning).Usually about a year.But sweetie in the meantime you have to eat.Heck if you want some ice cream get the
Carb Smart and have a little bit!Take care of yourself as your daughter needs you too!
Old 10-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #131
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Well, yesterday it was rain, today it was ice! I run up to the boardwalk and it was a sheet of ice. Yikes! I ran around town instead, and got at least 5 miles in. NJ weather

Yesterday's crockpot beef stew was my husband's least favorite of this week's new recipes, so I will not bother to post it here. Hey, you have to try it in order to see if you like it.

Rose, a dear friend of mine (and running buddy!) has been going through a similar tough time. She is petite to begin with, so not a lot of extra meat on her bones (like me ). We were all kind of worried about her not eating, but slowly she has eased back into normal eating patterns. And because she is such a dedicated runner, she really has to eat in order to keep up with her routine - not to mention taking care of 3 boys on her own now. Wish I lived close enough to come cook you up a big vegetarian SB feast

Hope everyone has a great SB weekend. We've got some movie gift cards burning a hole in our pocket...so hoping to see something good.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Berta, I was exagerating a bit when I said I eat till I am stuffed. I just meant I have been eating more than I did eat on Phase 1 which means I am fuller quicker but yes, I see our point and I am going to make an effort to verify my portion controls. Thanks for pointing that out.. lol I sound like I am a complete pig right?

Wiz,

I will post my meals because along with how much, maybe its what I am eating too but I tell you, all my recipes come from here or SB.

Thank you both!!

B - Natural Oatmeal w/ 1 tsp peanut butter and a v-8
S - Pumpkin Bean muffin w/ coffee, sugar substite, non dairy low fat creamer
L Chicken breast w/ curried brown rice mushrroms and peas
S Turkey roll up w/ reduced fat cheese
D Grilled Italian chicken w. cannillini beans and crushed tomaotes. ( this is soo darn good)
Old 10-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #133
Berta48

Quote:
Berta, I was exagerating a bit when I said I eat till I am stuffed. I just meant I have been eating more than I did eat on Phase 1 which means I am fuller quicker but yes, I see our point and I am going to make an effort to verify my portion controls. Thanks for pointing that out.. lol I sound like I am a complete pig right?

Wiz,

I will post my meals because along with how much, maybe its what I am eating too but I tell you, all my recipes come from here or SB.

Thank you both!!

D Grilled Italian chicken w. cannillini beans and crushed tomaotes. ( this is soo darn good)
Wickedone
Do you by any chance have a name you would like to share
Anyway I was doing SB and I have found I was eating WAAAAAYY to much.
I quit SB because I don't stick with any one plan for more than three or four months.So I am the pigglet.But now I am considering trying it again.I just like a baked potatoe now and then.I can leave the bread,corn&beets alone but gotta have that tater.
I am diabetic with diabetes2 so I have been following a diabetic plan.Was doing good until mom passed away a week ago today and I gained back all I had lost 5lbs. in a week

I hope you do good.I am almost to embarrased to come back on SB This would be my 4th time in a year or so.But I suppose if I keep trying maybe one day it will stick.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #134
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Some thoughts...I'm on (quasi) maintenance and I wouldn't eat that many carby foods in one day. (FYI. I say quasi maintenance because I have gained back a few lbs of the 40 lbs I lost - darn it.)

For example, I would have the oatmeal or the bean muffin or the rice or the beans. I definitely would not have all 4 of those in one day, probably no more than 1 of those, especially with just starting Phase 2.

If it was me, I would add in more fiber-rich, lower carb veggies (i.e. dark leafy greens, spinach, broccoli, etc.) and cut back on some of the higher carb foods. I see this menu as being more of a Phase 3 than beginning of Phase 2. You may want to add in a fruit, while subtracting some grains.

Just some thoughts! Good luck to you....
Old 10-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Today
b-Morningstar farms vegie chili w 2T RF sour cream
l- ww pita w hummus(a bit more hummus than I should probably have had)
d- spicy mussels w lots of sauce
Old 10-28-2011, 01:22 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
But now I am considering trying it again.I just like a baked potatoe now and then.I can leave the bread,corn&beets alone but gotta have that tater.
I am diabetic with diabetes2 so I have been following a diabetic plan.Was doing good until mom passed away a week ago today and I gained back all I had lost 5lbs. in a week
Berta- I have tried SBD since the diet first came out over and over and over again! lol It is not easy because there is a carb balance for everyone and everyone is different and it is tough to eat without watching calories!! I have been on wheat and off wheat. I usually mess up by going really low carb and then I'm eating lots of fat. Now I'm trying not to eat meat! We are changing so why can't our diets!!!!! For the most part we are all eating healthier than most others even if we aren't wearing our bikinis just yet! lol
Old 10-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz View Post
Some thoughts...I'm on (quasi) maintenance and I wouldn't eat that many carby foods in one day. (FYI. I say quasi maintenance because I have gained back a few lbs of the 40 lbs I lost - darn it.)

For example, I would have the oatmeal or the bean muffin or the rice or the beans. I definitely would not have all 4 of those in one day, probably no more than 1 of those, especially with just starting Phase 2.

If it was me, I would add in more fiber-rich, lower carb veggies (i.e. dark leafy greens, spinach, broccoli, etc.) and cut back on some of the higher carb foods. I see this menu as being more of a Phase 3 than beginning of Phase 2. You may want to add in a fruit, while subtracting some grains.

Just some thoughts! Good luck to you....
Quote:
Wickedone
Do you by any chance have a name you would like to share
Anyway I was doing SB and I have found I was eating WAAAAAYY to much.
I quit SB because I don't stick with any one plan for more than three or four months.So I am the pigglet.But now I am considering trying it again.I just like a baked potatoe now and then.I can leave the bread,corn&beets alone but gotta have that tater.

I hope you do good.I am almost to embarrased to come back on SB This would be my 4th time in a year or so.But I suppose if I keep trying maybe one day it will stick.

Wiz,

Awesome information!! What you are saying makes perfect sense. As soon as you said that I looked at my menu and went Cuz it does look like a lot of Carbs when you see it in writing. Thank you, Thank you. I am changing my menu plan for next week as we speak. I WILL Lose the 50 lbs!!

Berta,

My real name is Tana ( sounds like Montana without the Mon part) I have always gone by Wicked as a nickname na dtrust me it fits.. Please feel free to call me Tana, or Wicked, or "ya big ole dummy" . I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I can imagine that cant be easy. As for bieng embarrassed to come back 4 times to SB, dont be!! If you continue to strive towards your goals, even if you fall off and lose your way on occassion, you have already achieved more than most people ever do for fear of trying!

Stay positive.. I need your wisdom! lol
Old 10-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #138
Berta48

Quote:
Wiz,

Awesome information!! What you are saying makes perfect sense. As soon as you said that I looked at my menu and went Cuz it does look like a lot of Carbs when you see it in writing. Thank you, Thank you. I am changing my menu plan for next week as we speak. I WILL Lose the 50 lbs!!

Berta,

My real name is Tana ( sounds like Montana without the Mon part) I have always gone by Wicked as a nickname na dtrust me it fits.. Please feel free to call me Tana, or Wicked, or "ya big ole dummy" . I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I can imagine that cant be easy. As for bieng embarrassed to come back 4 times to SB, dont be!! If you continue to strive towards your goals, even if you fall off and lose your way on occassion, you have already achieved more than most people ever do for fear of trying!

Stay positive.. I need your wisdom! lol
Tana
Thanks for the condolences. I miss her but she was 93 and lived a good long life. I haven't made up my mind what I am doing as of yet.But I do know I have cut my portions waaaay down.I was starving at first but now it doesn't seem to bother me.I get full quicker also.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #139
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=WickedOne;15130501]Wiz,

QUOTE]

Believe me...if I can do it - anyone can!! Hang tough and believe me, checking in here will keep you on top of things.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #140
Berta48

Quote:
Berta- I have tried SBD since the diet first came out over and over and over again! lol It is not easy because there is a carb balance for everyone and everyone is different and it is tough to eat without watching calories!! I have been on wheat and off wheat. I usually mess up by going really low carb and then I'm eating lots of fat. Now I'm trying not to eat meat! We are changing so why can't our diets!!!!! For the most part we are all eating healthier than most others even if we aren't wearing our bikinis just yet! lol
Michele
I think you are right.Any program works if you stay with it.That is my problem I don't make it a life style and honestly don't know if I ever will.
If I didn't eat meat I know I would NOT stick with any plan as I am definetely a meat and tater person

I am back up again since mom passed but I am trying to get back in there just a lot of stuff going on right now.I plan on getting back for sure Monday on something.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Roberta- You have gone through such a difficult time as has Rose! Take time to get back on track. We are here for you!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:44 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Morning all! Its chilly here today and I have the house to myself for a few precious hours before anyone not a Vampire gets up.. (its 6:30am and I have been up since 4)
Not that anyone cares but me but the Texas Rangers lost the playoffs last night. I am not doing well with that yet, I will get there though, maybe. Anyways.. lots to do today! Have to get a new weekly menu going for us and then go shop for it. Hair appointment next, then home to cook for the week or at least prepare as much as I can in advance so its easy for us to stay on track when we work the long week.

B- v-8, one egg with veggies and salsa, coffee
s - sf jello
L - leftover crumbled Turkey meatloaf and salad
S - Turkey roll up
D - grilled chicken salad w/ sugar free raspberry dressing

Hope you all have a terrific day!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #143

Very interesting post over on the ML.

"You Can Have Anything You Want"
Old 10-29-2011, 09:43 PM   #144
Berta48

Quote:
Roberta- You have gone through such a difficult time as has Rose! Take time to get back on track. We are here for you!
Thank you Michelle.It is appreciated.I have gained five lbs in a week Time to take control AGAIN!

Last edited by Berta48; 10-29-2011 at 10:00 PM..
Old 10-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #145
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
Very interesting post over on the ML.

"You Can Have Anything You Want"
I have one of her cookbooks.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:11 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Morning, Morning again folks! Its your LCF stalker here!

Ok so, I am low on supplies cuz hubby wanted me to wait till today to do the shopping. so I am scrambling today for breakfast.. I will have to make some stuff to freeze today so this doesn't happen again. Too tempting to go off program when I am hungry..

B-V-8 egg quiche, coffee
S - Meat roll up w/ low fat cheese
L- grilled steak with salad and Low fat poppy seed ranch dressing
S Meat roll ups (2) and was so hungry I had a jello too..
D- Penne w/ eggplant and ricotta ( SB recipe for phase 2, not our favorite..)
dessert - Sugar free banana and chocolate pudding.

BTW, bought a new scale yesterday and hubby and I are both down 2.5 lbs!! YAY!

Have a terrific day all of you!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:32 AM   #147
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!!

Just finished up a brisk 5-mile walk with my husband and now I am getting geared up for the Eagles/Cowboys game tonight. It's going to be a cold one! I am digging out all my mittens, hats, etc. My delicious very SB friendly Pulled Pork (done in crockpot) is on the menu for the tailgate. I eat mine in a bowl, but I've got rolls (wheat and white) for my brothers.

Go Eagles!!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:47 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Laniemargaret
Stats: 181/154/135
WOE: SB, Sugarbusters
Start Date: May 2010
HELLO EVERYONE--

Thought I better check in-- it's been AWHILE!

BERTA: SO sorry for your loss--- so thankful your mom had such a full life though... blessings and prayers for you

ROSE: Praying for BLESSINGS YOUR WAY... and comfort...

TANA: We are a stones throw away!!! sort of... from Waxahachie here!
WELCOME!! I've been MIA... a little while.

Sticking with it as much as I can... ROSE: I wish I could give you my appetite!

Chili cookoffs/ Halloweenie parties!!! grrrrr... FALL luncheons...

up a total of THREE lbs... BUT I think some is fluid... rings are not as loose...
drinking CAFFEINE lately... I think it has a BIGGER effect than we care to admit... RIGHT???????

I find it EASY to stay on track in the mornings... harder at night!!!

I struggle with portions too-- I TRY to fill up on VEGGIES! Will make a BIG pot of squash/ green beans/ and onions to feast on thu the week--

Are CARROTS REALLY BAD??? on PH 2 it shouldn't matter much RIGHT????
Laniemargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:50 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Laniemargaret
Stats: 181/154/135
WOE: SB, Sugarbusters
Start Date: May 2010
QUESTION:--- While I'm thinking about it--- the people I know-- FREAK OUT when I say I want to drop another 15 lbs... I don't know WHY!!!! I'm STILL considered OVERWEIGHT!!! But they have a FIT! Any comments???????? I'm 5'4"- wearing 10's and 12's -- 156 right now...NOT SKINNY FOR SURE!!!!
Laniemargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:29 AM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laniemargaret View Post
QUESTION:--- While I'm thinking about it--- the people I know-- FREAK OUT when I say I want to drop another 15 lbs... I don't know WHY!!!! I'm STILL considered OVERWEIGHT!!! But they have a FIT! Any comments???????? I'm 5'4"- wearing 10's and 12's -- 156 right now...NOT SKINNY FOR SURE!!!!
Don't talk about it to others. Do what you're gonna do and don't discuss it. When you're happy with where you are, then that's it, you're there. Just lose your 15 lbs, buy some new clothes and go on your merry way.

Thank you for your good wishes. It helps more than I can say.